• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goop's AZ Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
i think www.youtube.com is best to load up the vids, i personally go there, and i know some others do to.
and thx B-will on the CF compliment, ive been working hard on my c-falcon and its paying off, its not my main but its getting better.

oh and also, Goop are u gonna put the results up on the first page?

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Yes I will post the results but don't ask me about it again till at least this Friday, I got some things to take care of this week and I will try my best to get it in asap.

forward

Smash Champion
Yo what up guys. First off lemme give props to Goop for throwing this thing, and being kind enough to donate some of the pot to AZone. I really appreciate that.

Second ****! I didn't know AZ had such talent. Butters I don't remember last time I played against you but you have definitly improved, your tech skill is incredible all you need is more experience and I could see you up there in the top 5 level. Hanki once again your Y. Link is sic. It was so funny when you drank the milk and canceled it cuz honestly it just came out of no where but it flowed with the rest of your moves. Light you are a Marth slayer, no doubt about it. You just gotta learn some cheap edge guarding tricks on the space animals and you'll be slaying them for sure. Dark, dude I don't think I played you outside of teams, but good job there, you guys were the only team to take a win off us. B-will, you may have beat light but I knew he'd **** your marth. Good **** man your progressing nicely, I see so much of my style in you it's crazy. Make sure you keep the Tucson kids on their toes tho man cuz we are dangerous up here.

INVITATION - Yo, Doc Buttons and I are going to Ken's biweekly on Dec 30th. So far it's only me and him, and possibly Brandon. If any of you up and comers want a chance to play some of the best out there (chu dat and vidjo will be there), lemme know and I'll get you on the road with us.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Judging from the shoutouts, Butters and Hanki are teh ownage. If I recall correctly, I called it when I said he had some of the greatest Smash potential I've seen in a newer player. And Hanki, as his training partner, is right there with him. I wanna see results and videos, if possible :)

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah Butters and Hanki are both pretty sick at the game. I was excited to see such new talent in AZ that I haven't seen before.

According to AltF4, vids should be arriving sometime between Christmas and the New Years, keep on the look out for that.

Afro, it was good meeting you I've heard so much about you. We definitely be needing to play some chess soon.

AZenith

Smash Apprentice
Hey sup guys this is Newrocker8D. I'm changing my account to this one so this is the name I'll be using now in smash. Anyways, shoutouts...

Goop - thanks for holding the tourny, it was a blast

shashin - fun playing against your ness, hes pretty good.

dark - nice friendlies with you, you've definetaly gotten better. nice games with you and light in 2's as well.

butters/hanki - u guys are awesome and hanki your young link is amazing. butters, next time i wont lose to you in our fox dittos :p

forward/omar - nice playing you guys in teams, you guys are both really good players. hope to play you again.

everyone else that i forgot your name - good times playing with you all in friendlies, it was awesome. you guys should come down to tucson next time we have a tourny :)

bwill - you suck hehe

im out

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for all the comments guys, me and Butters are gonna try to get way up there on the rankings, just gotta find rides to tourneys since it takes an hour and 30minutes at the least to get anywhere to a tourney. Thanks again for all the comments, you guys are awesome ^_^

Lol and forward, when i did the milk thing, and you like, literally started laughing your *** off, i just like looked around and was like"Whats so funny?"then you said "That milk cancel was sweet!" lol, its not funny to me because i do it so much, but i didnt know what you were laughing at lol

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
You guys are going to the Big$ Tournament, right? (Hanki and Butters, that is) I want to play you more.

Shashin

Smash Apprentice
shout outs, yo!

Mel: It was fun playing you. I like the way you are already playing, considering it was your third ever match? Remember, use the yellow stick with marth, always up cheat, and press start when you get grabbed by those ****** *****es.

Goop: Fun times! I am grateful for this tourney, even though I sucked entirely, I still had fun! I am looking forward to the next time you host a tourney.

Omar: I had fun playing you. Your sheik is too good, but I couldn't shrug the idea that you were sandbagging. Next time you come to a tournament, teach me how to play sheik.(Not really)

Forward: Good as always, and you always seem to know how to say something stupid. Oh well.

B-will: I played you in 2 friendlies, but I wish to play you more! You have gotten tons better since the last time I played you. Now I can barely touch you!

Dark: Didn't get to play you, but regardless, you are crazy.

Light: Your peach is too good. Play me more!

Shiv: Go to tournaments, you freak!

Dan: lol at crazy Ness ditto on Big Blue. I had no idea what was going on.

Hanki: You are crazy good with Y. Link. Those random combos with all of his moves are fantastic. I wish you would combo me more.

Butters: Nice Capt. Falcon. You seem to be getting better so much faster than anyone else I know of! keep at it!

Tim: "Hey, Black and White are here!"

Sizzle: I hate you so much, but not really. Samus dittos were fun. I hope to play with you again.

And everyone else! You crazy people are crazy!(Yup)
I can't wait for more tourneys!

Light_

Smash Apprentice
Amazingly fun tourney again, Goop. Such close matches on teams with B-Will! Sad I didn't get to play any friendlies with Omar though :(. Anyways, good games all, hope to see you guys at the big tourney coming up. Hanki, you always play REALLY close games, that last match was intense with the 5 second timer coming up lol.

Thanks for the comments!

Hanki

Smash Journeyman
Amazingly fun tourney again, Goop. Such close matches on teams with B-Will! Sad I didn't get to play any friendlies with Omar though :(. Anyways, good games all, hope to see you guys at the big tourney coming up. Hanki, you always play REALLY close games, that last match was intense with the 5 second timer coming up lol.

Thanks for the comments!
Lol, I know, its like the Hanki curse of games with both people on last stock with 170%+...It's because they won't gimme Navi, so it's like, she doesn't tell me what to do so I'm a noob. Because her hints are so helpful, honestly how can a "I don't know its weakpoints!" not help you out?

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
hey goop, i know i shouldnt ask or maybe people dont care or anything right now.... but.... are ya gonna put up the results for the tourney?

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I have been busy with the holidays I should be at my house tomorrow expect it then.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
heh...youre slacking goop. when i hosted tournies during the summer i always put the results up as soon as i got home from the tourney. :laugh:

altF4, what is the status on those vids?

12/27 EDIT: omg, where are the results...

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey B-Will. I am posting this from my newly resurected computer. Yay! I'm off tomorrow to pick up a capture card from Fry's with some well needed christmas funds. I might even get to work on it then, so I'll have it up within a couple of days. I do want to say that my free time has been cut short because my girlfriend isn't well, she had to have some surgery, but she should be okay now. But nonetheless most of my day time is spent hanging out with her. (I've started reading LotR to her, it's a good read and puts her to sleep.) I will still be making AzOne though, count on that.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Okay guys, I'm posting this using my Wii's browser, which is awesome. But I can't hit enter or at least I can't find it. Anyhow, congrats to everyone, can't wait to see you guys next year.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I feel like such a chonch for missing this, but I'll live. Dark told me it was a lot of fun.

Also, good luck to Light_ and the guys going to SoCal to play Ken. AZ Smash rules, son.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Videos!!! Yay!!! I'm right now in the process of editing them. If you think you have a match recorded from this tourney, let me know what background music you would like, and I will try to ablige. And in fact even if you haven't had a match recorded, go ahead and tell me in case you wind up getting one done at AzOne and I have to edit a video of you. Even just a broad genre of music would be cool. Thanks!

Oh, right. I don't yet have a sound card, so I can't move the regular smash background sounds onto my comp. Looks like you're stuck with music for a bit, unless you really bug me to pick up a sound card. ;)

These will be up very shortly on both google and YouTube if I can help it. I'll put down a list of exactly what matches I have recorded one I figure them all out! :) Laters!

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sure, I promise not to make you look TOO bad. ;)

If I don't get preferences on people's taste in music, I might be forced to insert my own. Which may or may not consist mainly of techno. :)

Oh man, in the future, people should put on names when they play. It's hard to figure some of these matches out.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh, jeez. I'm not much into rap. You'd have to sling me the name of a couple of songs or artists or something you like. Otherwise I might wind up picking Wierd Al's "White and Nerdy" by accident. lol

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
First in my class here at MIT,
got skills I'm a champion at D&D,
MC Escher that's my favorite MC,
Keep your forty I'll just have an Earl Gray Tea
My rims never spin, to the contrary
You'll find that they are quite stationary,
All of my action figures are cherry,
Stephen Hawking's in my library,
My Myspace page is all totally pimped out,
I got people beggin' for my top eight spaces,
Yo, I know pi to a thousand places,
ain't got no grills but I still wear braces,
I order all of my sandwiches with mayonnaise,
I'm a whiz at minesweeper I can play for days,
once you see my sweet moves you're gonna stay amazed,
my hands are movin' so fast, they'll set the place ablaze,
There's no killer app I haven't run,
at Pascal well I'm number 1,
I do vector calculus just for fun,
I ain't got a gat but I got a soldering gun,
Happy Days is my favorite theme song,
I'll sure kick your but in a game of ping pong,
I'll ace any trivia quiz you bring on,
I'm fluent in Java script as well as Klingon
(Here's the part I sing on).

Yo.

Oh yeah, and I could provide you with the music to put on mine. I have a fairly eclectic range. I'll probably want some fast punk or rock, but possibly a techno-rock hybrid of some kind. XD

Then again, I might even find a rap song I like, so who knows. Be prepared for ANYTHING.

Word.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yay, I figured the audio out on this thing. Nevermind about needing music, I can do the regular game background. Though if you would still like music, it's real easy, just lemme know too. I should have these vids up REAL soon. Probably this evening.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
cool, cant wait. im disappointed against my match with Shiv, my shiek wasnt doing too great, and shiv wasnt either he killed himself 2 times on one of the matches :(
looking forward to my match with Omar with my c-falcon

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
its on the 1st page, it shows 2 links for the teams and singles, its a Word format and it only shows the brackets of who we won and lost against

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
ok then techno is fine as long as it's the way b-will's mom likes it, fast and hard
im tired of warning you sean. im not going to even bother lol. or maybe i will temporarily ban you so i dont have to deal with your shit for a couple of weeks heh.

im looking forward to the vids altf4. cant wait.

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
If you can, use The Beatles for me. Lady Madonna, Helter skelter, Revolution (non acoustic), Ticket to Ride or any other of their faster paced songs that you might know of.

Goop

Smash Journeyman
Sorry I think there was only a couple of errors in the losers bracket right? You could figure out who won real easily though. Next time I'll put more effort to posting more info and also getting it out sooner, but it's just a one man operation though and I tried my best!

But no Johns, I will do better next time.

Whos in for a Smashfest the night before Forwards big tourney, I'll host you come?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom