• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goop's AZ Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakie

Smash Apprentice
idk if this is too much to ask for but i might need a ride to this tourney if anybody is willing....not all the way from yuma haha. i'll be staying somewhere in tempe i just might need a ride to the location

shiva39

Smash Journeyman
Ted, Ben! How have you guys been?

Maybe I'll make this thing....though I hate to exercise my crazy precedence over others, especially as the venue seems to be getting filled....Maybe I won't, so there won't be a problem...

??? said:

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Sweet, I'm all set for Saturday then, I haven't played in a while! We should totally practice before this weekend.

Is the ASU smash club meeting tomorrow? Goop, we gotta play tomorrow. Anyone wanna play? I probably really suck right now... what with not having played in a while, and sucking befor that too. :)

I need a capture card for christmas... that and a network sniffer... Anyone want to go wardriving with me? ;)

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Nice, not a bad site. I've always been meaning to go to a Defcon but can't ever find the time/money. Heh, I don't even own a laptop, so wardriving would be evry difficult for me. :) (War-wheel barreling?)

Seriously though, there are like a gazillion unsecure WAP's in Tempe, it's nuts.

Umm... think of something to say about smash bros... ummm...
*Falcon Punch!*

Goop

Smash Journeyman
call me tommorow dan i should be available after 2 ish. me and afrozero are probably gonna be practicing for teams. others are welcome over tomorrow to, just call.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Should be in Tempe, probably at Manny's (Goop) place. (same place as the tournament) ...or perhaps at McClintock... Where do you wanna go Manny?

BloodOfTheFallen

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I'm done with school for the semester and I've been talking to Sean, and I'd like to come to this. I think he posted previously about me being interested, but anyways yeah...

The thing is that I'd be taking the bus, and I'd kind of need a ride from the bus station to Sean's house or somewhere at least.

If anyone would be willing to come and get me and take me to like Sean's house, etc, then it'd be most appreciated. It's been a long time since I've played and I'm pretty pumped to play so yeah. =/

Anyway, I'll keep an on the thread. If anyone thinks they might be able to swing by the PHX greyhound station and pick me up tomorrow, December 15th, at 5:00 pm-ish or a little later, it'd be most appreciated. Just let me know guys. =( ; )

Edit: ; )
; )!!!
; )...
; )

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
if no one is going to offer to pick u up or u dont have a ride till then, i'lll do it. lol but i need some gas money if thats alright. you should kinda know how far it is from my house to wherever, u and eggm picked up my bro to go to the cali tourney NCT2.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
If you've bring the beating, I'll bring the N00b... err, wait, no...

Omg, I've been practicing with Falco a bit the last 2 days and my button-mashing hand is really tired! It's a workout for the thumb, no doubt.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
I wear shorts, but I'm from Colorado so cold to me is different than most. It has been cold in the mornings but warms up in the afternoon.

On a side note, my only ride is with Demised and he doesn't get off of work until 12:00 which means we would be late. I don't mind if I miss Singles, but need to be there for Doubles lol.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yea, on that note: If anyone needs a ride to the place, I'll be happy to give you one. Just let me know! I'm coming down from north phoenix to Tempe to get there. If you're on my way great, if not, I don't mind driving a bit out of my way :). Just lemme know.

Oh, and I will tape all games on my TV. I'll be getting a capture card (on or just after x-mas) so I'll edit everything and get vids up likely by the end of the year. See ya guys tomorrow!

mel

Smash Rookie
hehe, thank you for hosting, i had a lot of fun. :D

and also, thank you to bwil for the use of his controller. many props, dude.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
nice to meet you mel, sorry i didnt get to say hi before, i was the one wearing all black and had that necklace on and spiked hair. i watched a couple of your games, your pretty good.
good games all !!
b-will, nice games sorry we didnt get to play more, only got to play you on singles and that one before our team started. also u got a nice shiek
to james and your teammate Newrocker you got a nice team, close games.
Sean and Omar, always nice to see you guys and i wanted to play you some more Omar but u were busy. maybe next time you could give me some Shiek tips :p

mel

Smash Rookie
nice to meet you mel, sorry i didnt get to say hi before, i was the one wearing all black and had that necklace on and spiked hair. i watched a couple of your games, your pretty good.
haha, now i know you're sucking up. that was my FIRST time playing against people, ever. it was fun, but i think i need to go to more and play against more people. also was the first time i ever played against tim, if that gives you any indication.

tim says that im only good at wave dashing and l-cancelling, but i think he's full of **it. ^_^

i'll be at the tourny in utah, though. gettin' *****. hardcore. BUT it'll be fun as hell.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
First off thanks Goop for hosting this I had a fun time.
Ted- Sorry I had to leave during teams. We'll team next time.
Dark- Good games Falcon vs. Fox. You're falcon is getting good.
Sean- You're too good.
Mel and Dan- It was great playing team friendlies with you guys. Up-B cheat!!!!
Omar- I only played you in the beginning but you were too good as well.
Everyone else- GG's

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
First of all. Thank you everyone for coming. There were so many new faces and very good competition. I was suprised to see as much talent as I saw at this tourney. AZ really is too good.

After being able to play you all, I may very well make changes on the AZ's power rankings. Again, there was a lot of talent to make me consider changing the top 10. Keep on the lookout for a possible update.

EDIT: There were some matches recorded on one of the tv's. I played many matches on that tv but the only ones I am interested in are the ones I played in tourney: B-will vs BloodoftheFallen(Shiek) and B-will vs Light(Peach). I should have my name over my falco when I play in those matches for easy identification. Whoever is planning on putting them up (Goop?... AltF4?) please send them to me. I would appreciate it.

DOUBLE EDIT: The power rankings have just been updated afterall. Check that out.

Shoutouts...

BloodoftheFallen - your shiek is too good like always. our first tourney match was pretty intense; i thought i had you. i hope we play again soon.

Hanki - wow. i think everyone, especially me, was impressed by your young link. good ****. new guys like you and butters make AZ's smash outlook good.

Goop - thanks for running the tourney. it was a lot of fun and it was definitely worth the 4 hr trip that i took to get there and back. we didnt get to play 1v1 though. :(

Light - sean wasn't lying when he said you played peach the way she is supposed to be played. my marth can't touch you...learn to get around projectiles and you'd be insane, not that you aren't already.

Butters - congrats on third place. you know if we met in tourney i would have taken you out. ;) anyways, like hanki, you also caught my attention. you have a very nice falco and is definitely formidable. good job taking out light. i hope we meet again soon for some more dittos.

Doc Buttons - it was fun playing with you in teams. we didn't do too bad, we owned in some matches. it seems you are progressing fast, keep it up.

Forward - move back to tucson **** playing you always gets me to rerealize that i have a lot to learn about getting better and that there is always room for improvement.

ChaosTheory - it was good seeing you again. like always, you are too fun to play against. ice climbers? lol. anyways, i hope you continue to play smash and hope to see you again soon.

Taj - is my marth taj-approved? lol...fun dittos too bad we couldn't play more.

TRIPLE EDIT: Dark - heh sorry for not adding you to the shoutouts...i always enjoy playing you and your brother. good friendlies and very intense team battle that we played. Nice CF that you have our shiek vs cf was close and intense.

Mel - It was a pleasure meeting you. You really aren't that bad you show some promise. Hope to see you at the next tourney.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
aww, B-will didnt want to give me (Dark) a shoutout.... im sad now.... *wipes his tear away*
guess im like a shadow never looked at with a second glance, i fade away as time passes *disappears!*

CHUK

Smash Ace
Too bad I couldn't get a ride. My ride thought it started later and couldnt get ocntact with him until it was too late, if you ever have another I WILL be there. Me and BBJP(he really goes by Zej) were pissed.

Butters 000

Smash Journeyman
That tourney was really sweet. I had a good time playing everyone and thanks to you Omar for giving me some tips to think about. Oh and yes B-Will, you would have taken me out if me met, but nonetheless I'll look forward to playing you again. Speaking of Forward, thanks for the friendlies, twas fun. Afro Zero, love your sportsmanship dude:) . Trent, your cool. Thanks for Goop for putting this together.

The serious shoutouts....

Anikin Optimus Prime - You are the single greatest being ever to walk on this Earth.

AltF4

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ha! Anakin Optimus Prime! You win with your adorable kitten amazingness, even though you like to claw at my face.

I PM'd B-Will about the video's but I'll say something here too. I have the tape from the TV that was second from the left by the back door. There was some sweet sets on there, I got a chance to look at it for a bit. But I won't have a capture card to move the tape onto my PC until after x-mas. But you can rest assured it'll be edited and up before the new year. On that note, what is a good place to put it? Do people generally like google video?

Goop: Thx for the good venue, everything went fairly smoothly. I liked having the 2 TV's for friendlies, gave me a chance to have fun after being inevitably knocked out! ;)

B-Will and Omar: 1st time I got to meet you guys. You were both really cool guys, crazy good too. But Omar must have totally been sandbagging me in our first match, there's no way I should have gotten him down to 1 stock.

Mel: Great fun playing with you. Just keep using that little yellow stick, it's how Marth wins!

Hanki and Butters: Too good, really. It's amazing you can have so much skill, what with being so isolated up where you live. Butters, you totally deserve your new spot on the list.

Forward: I've played plently of matches against Tony (and by played against Tony, I mean get 4 stocked by Tony) and it was hard to believe that there was someone in town who was generally regarded as being better than him. You amaze and disgust me at the same time. Too bad I didn't get an opportunity to get my pride handed to me by you first hand, maybe later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom