• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Google Chrome

snoblo

Smash Journeyman
tried it under linux. It was okay, but it crashed a couple of times. I guess I'll just have to wait for the native linux release...

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
This is one program I do not want to emulate. I cannot wait until they release the native Linux version. ^_^

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
firefox beats chrome anyday
It does for now. Once Chrome becomes stable and actually lives up to its claims, it will certainly be a force to be reckoned with. Until then, yeah, I'm using Firefox. :p

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
Had it for less than 1 min. Seems very pretty and user friendly, but I'm just too much into FireFox. It also doesn't have AdBlockerPlus, which blocks 100% of bad ads while keeping all good flash/java. Definitely get it if you have FireFox (ABP i mean.)
PHAIL.
My Chrome has not had a popup. EVER. EVEN IF I WANT THE POPUP, IT SHOWS A SMALL TOOLBAR AT THE BOTTOM OF THE SCREEN. IF YOU CLICK IT, YOU CAN SEE THE POPUP.

___
PHF

Sensai

Smash Master
No. You're a bad person for liking anything more than Opera, though.

(which just released its 10.0 Alpha and it's fookin' _quick_)

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Keh, screw Google and their monopoly over the interwebz.

/checks his gmail...

SmashChamp

Smash Cadet
I've read page 1 thru 4; Even found it bemusing reading the debate, though brief, between Toecutter and YinLong over copypasta issues with chrome; Still, fast forward to the present. Only issue would have to be over Google's Omnibox that stores IP addresses that which claims is solely 2%...seems fictitious.

I'm...still very much resistant to downloading this, as a user disatisfied with using FF3 wonder if Chrome is worth it anymore.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I'm still waiting for the Linux version. I don't want to emulate the masterpiece that is Chrome.

Jiggy

Smash Apprentice
One downfall about Chrome (I'm noticing) is the inability to copy, and even save, most if not all images from websites.

It occasionally occurs with font, as well.

Still pretty basic and easy to use, though. I like it.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Are the Chrome updates improving? I haven't bothered using Chrome since it first came out. I guess I am just still waiting for the Linux version to come out. :(

Amide

Smash Lord
One downfall about Chrome (I'm noticing) is the inability to copy, and even save, most if not all images from websites.

It occasionally occurs with font, as well.

Still pretty basic and easy to use, though. I like it.
Just add .jpeg to the end of a file name and you should be able to save pictures. At least with me.

marthmaster59

Smash Journeyman
i downloaded it, but this is a family computer so somebody else forced me to get rid of it and they still continue to hump firefox's leg.but with the couple of days i had with it,it was awesome.the homepage was awesome, it was easy to use, it wasn't complicated, it can run youtube properly (firefox can't).as a matter of fact my mom and dad were ok with it, but the most stupid boyfriend ever (my sister's) always hangs out here (he needs to get a life,and if he's not going to do that, than he needs a computer of his own) was the first recorded firefox fanboy and ..well..you know....but google chrome was awesome!!!!!!also, firefox and internet explorer constantly crash, but google chrome was my saving grace.I MISS GOOGLE CHROME.I am sorry for my wall of text, btw.

Sensai

Smash Master
Buzz: They still haven't released a Linux version yet? ****.

And I'm not sure if they've gotten better. I've been using it on the work computer (which I haven't been around for ~3 weeks) and in that time it hadn't improved at all. They've at least come out with the 1.0 update since then, but I'm unsure of how it works.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I like Chrome's idea, but it just didn't live up to itself. I have yet to have a single tab crash. The entire browser freezes quite often. :(

meta master

Smash Journeyman
the only thing firefox is really missing is the seperate tab managemant. maybe in firefox 4? also, many of chromes features were simply ripped off from the other browsers (opera's speed dial, safari's private browsing, etc) so chrome really isnt all that great. and the amazing speed? thats what you get when all of your other products are sill in beta *cough*gmail ~ 5 years*cough*. besides, ff3.1 beta 2 is plenty fast with tracemonkey, a few about:config tweaks and addons.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I forgot about one really good thing: Chrome allows free dragging of tabs in and out of shared windows. Firefox can kinda do that, but it has to reload the page from scratch when you drag it. Chrome's isolated tab processes let them move freely without delay or reload. :)

jmlee337

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
LEE#337
also, many of chromes features were simply ripped off from the other browsers (opera's speed dial, safari's private browsing, etc) so chrome really isnt all that great.
You make it sound like Chrome is bad because they used great features from other browsers, lol

Sensai

Smash Master
I forgot about one really good thing: Chrome allows free dragging of tabs in and out of shared windows. Firefox can kinda do that, but it has to reload the page from scratch when you drag it. Chrome's isolated tab processes let them move freely without delay or reload. :)
http://www.opera.com/

You can thank me later.

You make it sound like Chrome is bad because they used great features from other browsers, lol
It's clearly silly to think that Chrome is bad simply because other browser's had things first...but surely you understand why people roll their eyes when they see things like 'revolutionary start page' (speed dial) and other things like this touted as being new in any way.

Once again...

http://www.opera.com/

You can all thank me later.

Evenkor

Smash Cadet
I actually like Chrome. A lot. For me, it runs twice, if not three times as fast as Firefox, which I find marginally faster than explorer. But my computer might just be weird like that. Also, when it comes to downloading, my computer doesn't crash nearly as often.

Ezialo

Smash Rookie
Hm... Browser ratings for me?
1. Opera (A little known amazing piece of work.)
2. IE (It seems to run fine only on my comp 0_o)
3. Chrome (Fastest one. Period. But it's lacking... The bonuses.)
4. Safari (It's more ad-proof, but other than that... Nada.)
5. FireFox (I HATE IT ON MY COMP! IT MESSED IT UP!!! It's good on other's comps, so...)

Chrome was worth it due to pure loading speed.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Silence, disbeliever!

I just feel sorry for poor little Opera, getting so little use even though it's so amazing.
Don't get me wrong. I have it installed. I use it in the rare instance that Firefox fails to render a page properly (or crashes). I also use it to test web sites I build. :)

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
So, sometime before June 30? That would mark the year's halfway mark. I won't get my hopes up for the Linux release. T_T

Viox

Smash Apprentice
I don't think ill ever be swayed from firefox.. looks like a decent browser though.

meta master

Smash Journeyman
I think SWare Iron is better then Chrome because of the privacy issues. Still, although i like the speed. However, as soon as FF3 gets separate tab processing, its going to kill everything else anyways :)

Top Bottom