• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

good ways to kill with ddd

Staco

Smash Champion
I watched a video of tapion and saw him doing fast falled nair at the shield of his opponent, then utilt, kill.
Then I tried it in a match.
I made it 3 times and every time it was a kill. Oo
Fast falled Nair and then directly UTilt for killing opponents.

CO18

Smash Hero
Fastfalled airdodge to a buffered Up Tilt is more reliable imo.
Its faster since the up+tilt is buffered plus if the nair hits then you won't be getting that up tilt in and youll have to set up for another kill .

Staco

Smash Champion
Maybe you should mix it.
If the opponent attacks do an air dodge.
If he shields do a nair.
When you use both he cant expect one of this things to be done.

Foursaken

Smash Apprentice
Fastfalled airdodge to a buffered Up Tilt is more reliable imo.
Its faster since the up+tilt is buffered plus if the nair hits then you won't be getting that up tilt in and youll have to set up for another kill .
I've never understood the concept of buffering. That and it's never been explained to me. :laugh:

Whenever I read about doing the fast falled air dodge into Up tilt, I just start mashing up tilt on my way down.

I'm probably not doing it right.

Do any of your vids showcase this move?

CO18

Smash Hero
I've never understood the concept of buffering. That and it's never been explained to me. :laugh:

Whenever I read about doing the fast falled air dodge into Up tilt, I just start mashing up tilt on my way down.

I'm probably not doing it right.

Do any of your vids showcase this move?
lol yeah most likely thats how I get like 80% of my kills XD

Well the thing is Staco it doesnt really matter if they shield or not if you nair if they shield theres a chance theyll shield grab you the main fact is that they usually try to release their shield into an attack or shield grab you as soon as you touch the ground but the up tilt comes out before this.

Fastfalling to airdodge is just quicker since it buffers the up tilt making it more likely for you to get it in plus you wont have to worry about the nair hitting him and making you have to setup for another kill.

Foursaken ill search for it real quick wont take me that long since I use it so much one sec.

edit: see xD found it in like 10 seconds. At 2:44 in this vid I do it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeSldpifp6U

DUB

Smash Lord
I just recently started playing DDD but another way I've gotten uptilt kills is edge guarding certain chars. Characters who have a tendency to ledge hop an aerial such as Toon Link.. Wait till you think your about to do it then let it go.

Other then that a lot of my kills come from the bair-guarding and the occasional swallowside.

RATED

Smash Lord
hi , I discovered this today what CO18 did lol I was testing with the buffering system and I was like WOW wtf! and then I came to smashboards to check out this and I found it here.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
That was nice CO, never though of buffering utilts when I'm falling. I need to implement this stuff into my game. :)

K@0S

Smash Ace
Try to buffer a dtilt at the end of a chain throw on Snake (I think it works on every character that can be hit by a normal dtilt after a dthrow on the ledge).

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
Against characters who can't be CG, an alternative to the d-throw->dash attack would be a hyphen smash. The hitbox pics the opponent off of the ground. It's weird lol.

Top Bottom