• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good partner for Game and watch doubles. (besides MK obv)

Mith_

Smash Champion
Game and Watch was my very first main. I failed at a tourney with him so I gave him up, which was a bad idea but w/e.

Anyways, I've decided to pick him back up, but not for singles. I think G&W is good for doubles because of his amazing priority which can plow through opponents attacks and his infamous bucket for combos.

I was wondering who would make a good partner for him. My friend uses Lucario and the bucket combo we can get off a lot. I read somewhere that ZSS is good with him too. Any other partners I should consider?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Don't expect living opponents to die the the gimmicks that will inevitably be posted...

DK is strong, Snake is good. Basically whoever your friend is good with is a better choice than making him change, the more comfortable he is the better off you guys are.

All the top/high tiers do well in doubles I find, 'cept ICs are hard-pressed to get any use out of their grab game.

Mith_

Smash Champion
My friend mains Lucario. So I guess that would be better than making him switch lol.

The bucket trick isn't really reliable so I guess opponents shouldn't really worry about it.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
The bucket is a very workable gimmick in doubles; you just have to be smart enough to work together to charge that instant kill move. Smart opponents make it a lot harder, but it forces the enemy team to be hyper aggressive to stop it and you probably fill it at least once a match anyway. I really prefer Pikachu as a doubles partner because he's not only better than Zero Suit Samus in general but can fill the bucket from a long ways away (Zero Suit Samus has to be right on top of you). Of course, Zero Suit Samus is great too, but I feel pretty strongly that Pikachu is Mr. Game & Watch's best partner.

Lucario is pretty good too though, and if he already mains Lucario, you'd be fine sticking with it.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dedede Dthrow into G@W Usmash is pretty broken.

Snake's first hit of Ftilt into G&W Usmash is pretty broken.

ZSS Dsmash into G&W Usmash is pretty broken.

Just saying.

Xiphion

Smash Rookie
my friend and i have been working on zelda g&w teams. zelda can dins fire from pretty much anywhere on a map for a bucket. our strategy is strictly 'get dins fire into bucket at all costs'. we usually dodge around waiting for perfect oppurtunities, then own with bucket. then i just up air zelda to unstale my bucket. its funny because our opponents are always waiting for that bucket its really fun to play this way haha.

JawKnee~

Smash Cadet
Wolf and Pikachu? Three lasers from Wolf can kill at pretty a low percent, and 1 or 2 of Pikachu's Thunders and couple of Thunderbolts = Death. And if your playing G&W, and your partner is Wolf or Pikachu, spamming B, and they come after you, you get invincibility frames, so, it's only punishable for the teammate, but seriously, how long is three shots.

XtACY

Smash Journeyman
Anyone who has the projectiles tht can be absorbed will be a good partner. Includes-ZSS, falco,fox,lucario,r.o.b,mario,luigi, are noteable players. Whoever your partner is best as you should probably go with.

R1ngo

Smash Journeyman
Wolf OMG Wolf, Shrinkray and I have been doing wolf/gw team quite a bit and it's the most fun/ best team we've had. Filling the bucket is very easy to do and they compliment each other quite well, gw racks up damage a bit faster than wolf, and both characters have good kill moves. Wolf's weight and bounciness is opposite of gw's floatiness and if need be gw can help wolf recover with uairs or doing an upB under him. 2v1 finishing strategy normally consists of wolf dthrowing the enemy into a full gw bucket. We have been having alot of success in friendlies and will definitely see action in the SDSU tourney thats coming up!

Top Bottom