• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good mario players

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Cape

Smash Master
Muffin doesnt play anymore, I hear Brown Mario quit (not sure) and my Mario is on hiatus from being good.

Also, you forgot to put Pyro and Green Mario on the list.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Mael, do I need to ascend to the call of duty? =oP
OH GOD, YES.

If too few people play Mario, the Mario Deity will unleash his fiery wrath upon the insignificant rabble that offended him. Didn't you see what Mario's Hadoken did to Link in the SSBB trailer? :chuckle:

Lucky_Sharmz19

Smash Ace
Since ill probably be the only Mario player left in the future, i could hone my skills and avenge our fallen race!!!

But in reality, that would probably be very unlikely at the level i am in. :chuckle:

Gea

Smash Master
OH GOD, YES.

If too few people play Mario, the Mario Deity will unleash his fiery wrath upon the insignificant rabble that offended him. Didn't you see what Mario's Hadoken did to Link in the SSBB trailer? :chuckle:
All jokes aside I have been playing Mario more lately (not as a replacement to Doc, but just to play) and I do play them differently, minus maybe fairing too much with Mario. Anyways I guess I'll keep playing Mario then. Great, now I have Mario, Doc, and Luigi >.>

takieddine

Smash Master
Lots of people are playing mario, you just dont hear about them. Mario isnt exactly an unpopular character, its just that there are a few good players.

OH GOD, YES.

Lol,and did you see what Link did back to him?

But all funnies aside,i'm gonna take the plung.So far i play Mario,Marth,and Fox.

I'm gonna practice more with Mario.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Lots of people are playing mario, you just dont hear about them. Mario isnt exactly an unpopular character, its just that there are a few good players.
I'd actually disagree. There are very few people out there who play Mario seriously as their main. Mario might be their tertiary character, but their main. . .? Not really.

I mean, when it comes around to tourney time, Mario's always my first choice, unless I seriously need to counterpick (i.e. ICs vs. Mario, then I'll switch to Ganon/CF). At the tourneys I go to, I'm usually the only Mario player there.

Gea, I'm seriously debating if I should pick up Doc again after a 2 year hiatus. Frankly, I'm worried that it'll screw up my Mario game. . .he feels really different. Stupid Doc, not having a decent u-tilt. >_< I'm wondering if Doc would teach me to grab more often though--I think I rely on Mario's u-tilt far too much.

. . .I'm rambling again. Apologies to you all. :ohwell:

pirkid

Smash Lord
I'd actually disagree. There are very few people out there who play Mario seriously as their main. Mario might be their tertiary character, but their main. . .? Not really.

I mean, when it comes around to tourney time, Mario's always my first choice, unless I seriously need to counterpick (i.e. ICs vs. Mario, then I'll switch to Ganon/CF). At the tourneys I go to, I'm usually the only Mario player there.

Gea, I'm seriously debating if I should pick up Doc again after a 2 year hiatus. Frankly, I'm worried that it'll screw up my Mario game. . .he feels really different. Stupid Doc, not having a decent u-tilt. >_< I'm wondering if Doc would teach me to grab more often though--I think I rely on Mario's u-tilt far too much.

How did you know he was my tertiary?
Holy crap, it scared me
Mario is a sort of back-up for me, I'm a grab and throw quick person with him
Mario is my middle-tier, Kirby as my low-tier (why is he low :( ) and Marth as high-tier
Dont go to doc, i tried and it was way too weird, no idea why...:dizzy:

Gea

Smash Master

Doc's utilt isn't AS useful, but it still is. I dunno about the grabbing... But then again, I'm just not one to really grab ALL that much. You wanna take someone up for a bit that forces you to grab, try mewtwo.

When I play Mario, it doesn't mess up my Doc game. But... it might if you are easily pressured in a match. You have to think clearly. When I play Mario I am constantly thinking about the differences in the characters and using that knowledge to help my game.

Or you know, learn Falcon. That helps you on alot of levels. You gotta learn how to shffl faster, grab more, and DI better. If you wanna just talk about Doc/Mario for a bit and decide what to do, message me/ AIM me.

Just because you use Doc doesn't mean you ever have to main him.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Ahh, thanks. It's not that I was debating picking up Doc as a main, it's just that d-smash works so much better with Doc than Mario. It actually KOs. XD

And I've actually been picking up Falcon for the past few months, and I love the guy. The only thing that I've really learned and applied to my other characters is techchasing--I'm actually starting to factor in how the opponent techs/rolls/etc. I need to focus on grabbing more though.

It's too bad Mario's grab range is absolute crap. :ohwell:

Ray$

Smash Apprentice
I dunno if it sounds weird but i play both mario and doc, I find the plumber and the PhD to be alot more fun than your normal high teir characters. Basicly i think green mario is all thats left but ive heard noise of him going to luigi (*GASP!*). Only reason i switch chars is for fun or to go C Falcon. Went to a tournie recently with all doc and did fairly well, but i've yet to try to go all mario. I fail to see why mario is neglected just watching Green Mario **** the crap out of everyone he plays.

It seems like the doc might be overturning marios reign lol. Only in due time.

Eggz

Smash Hero
Silv and SilentWolf are both claiming that I'm the best Mario over here. Its hot. So I'll add myself arrogantly to the list. =D

I've gotten a couple people to pick up Mario as their main XD So our people may be saved yet!

RAM

Smash Lord
I picked up mario recently *points at sig* and I may use him for the first time in a tournament we're hosting. I usually go all Luigi in every Tourny I been in. on a side note Green Mario may be coming to our tourny so I'll try to get some ditto's in with him if he shows and maybe vice versa if he really is picking Luigi up. :)

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Well I have always mained Mario, but he does so badly in tourneys. I swear I hate fighting random marths. oh well i'm trying to still Rep. Mario as much as possible. Too, bad I can't get any vids out right now, so I could see what other people think. :(

Eggz

Smash Hero
I havn't seen Green Mario play before. Feed me videos plzkthx.

Silv and Cape are my personal favorites.

I dont think we should count people that completely quit the game though IE BrownMario.

maelstrom218

Smash Lord
Green Mario is some guy from Florida. Muffin is. . .somewhere different, I think. I've heard rumors that Green Mario's absolutely amazing though.

PacStrife

Smash Ace
Yeah I have some green Mario team matches. He is pretty good. A member of my crew got 0 to deathed by him at smash aid in georgia....... first stock too....... it was ugly I hear. Anyways green mario isn't muffin.

so i guess that leaves green mario + sliv + random pros who don't main mario (aka chu, azen, etc.) The cape randomly quits mario like once a month, but then still kinda plays him? IDK but i have never seen green mario vids I dont think any 1 vs 1 vids of him exist.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I won a 20 person, no entry fee tournament 2 weeks ago :D hooray for 2 year old Mario tactics!

Lets hear it for Scav's "aggressive use of casual mario strategies."

To answer Maelstrom, I still play Mario almost exclusively, I just don't get involved much with the tournament scene anymore.

Gea

Smash Master
Good luck. Here's a good tip to actually being able to get away with spamming far to some extent. Sometimes when you go to fair, sh at them like you were going to, then double jump and FF a fair. It throws off people who instinctively just try to sheild.

Twig

Smash Journeyman
Muffin was a Mario player from Maryland, who was a part of Power Underwhelming (AlphaZealot, Muffin, Kiraki, and Chu when H2YL fell). Muffin and Scav were bascially the only true GOOD mario mains in the country as of 2 yrs ago.

Currently, from tournament placings and such, i would say the best mario in the states is Green Mario, who places high in FL due to space animals, and who placed ...something like 9th at SA7, which is quite a task to complete with only playing mario.

The Cape doesnt go to anything but local PA tournaments anymore, Scav who has already stated doesnt go to tournies either, Muffin went away i was told (Israel is what i heard...only a rumor tho, he hasnt gone to a tourny since bomb4 tho, which he ran).

I can't vouch for the WA players as good marios, just because ive never played them or heard of great performances in tournaments, not saying they havent...i just cant vouch for it.

So..uhh basically u have Green Mario for the States, and Brown Mario for Japan.....for people who main mario/are good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom