• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

good levels for peach

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
Dreamland64 is good due to its size. It's huge, so Peach stays alive forever. This is like, her ultimate counter-pick. DK64 is pretty good for the same reason, but to a lesser extent.

Brinstar is nice against fast-fallers because they get tossed around by the acid much more than she does. Her recovery also makes it good for her. Overall she can just move around the stage better.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Add to that Mute city, if you like moving stages, and Fountain of dreams, because of dsmash on the platforms.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
hmm? Dsmash on the platforms? I was never aware of that.....I must look into it, unless you feel like elaborating. Um....I kinda like Final Destination, but that's just 'cuz I'm a crazy bum. Also, my Peach style is rather weird, but I do enjoy Fountain of Dreams, now that I think about it. Seriously....I gotta know about that platform thing...

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Peach is terrible on Dreamland 64, yes the level may be huge, but her biggest problem is her inability to kill to begin with, combined with her sloth like speed. If you're playing a fox/shiek/falco that wants to win, prepare to be run away camped for the entire match.

And again, I actually think Yoshi's Story is one of Peach's best stages on random, it's small, so people can't runaway camp you, and even better you can actually kill people without needing to land a fair at 150%.

jamminjohn

Smash Ace
Dsmash on the platforms:

If an opponent approaches a downsmashing peach on a platform from below, they'll get sucked into it and get hit multiple times. It's awesome. Never works twice in a match unless they're stupid.

shotafan

Smash Cadet
Peach is terrible on Dreamland 64, yes the level may be huge, but her biggest problem is her inability to kill to begin with, combined with her sloth like speed. If you're playing a fox/shiek/falco that wants to win, prepare to be run away camped for the entire match.

And again, I actually think Yoshi's Story is one of Peach's best stages on random, it's small, so people can't runaway camp you, and even better you can actually kill people without needing to land a fair at 150%.
Umm...sure, if you say so. Dreamland 64 is DEFINITELY in Peach's favor. Falco shouldn't be able to outrun Peach (and his SHL is dirt cuz of float) unless the Falco player is smarter than Peach. :lick: Sheik has no choice but to fight Peach up close anyways (cuz she can float over needles and air needles aren't too hard to dodge). Fox is a different story...:mad:

And inability to kill? :confused: Umm...yeah...you need to play her more. She might not have Fox's up-smash, but I can assure you her ability to kill is above average. She doesn't need to knock out the opponent in one hit; she needs to make sure they don't get back on the stage (edgeguarding which she does well).

And Yoshi's Story is one of her best stages cuz its "small?" :confused: Umm, small stages=bad for Peach. That takes away her whole "awesome recovery" ability thing. Yeah... :psycho:

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Um...who are you? Iggy knows what he's talking about. Compared to the characters that are actually good, Peach lacks in kill moves, and relies mostly on edgeguarding and outtanking her opponent to win.

You attempt to reduce these character matchups to simple situations, without thinking that while Peach can float over lasers, Falco can laser her before she even gets into the air, or he can laser her out of her float...also Sheik's bair and needles allow her to run away and camp peach effectively.

Peach's recovery is a moot point when most characters (Sheik/Fox) have guaranteed kills on her from certain set ups (Sheik's grab, Fox's shine), and Falco and Marth have incredibly strong kills that neutralize her recovery at early percents. Stages like Yoshi's makes the playing field even, when you both can kill at 80 it's much more fair, plus peach has attacks that deal lots of damage (down smash, stitch) that if her opponent messes up can get her kills first.

Don't be so quick to judge. Peach doesn't really have bad stages, just bad match ups. Even Marth vs Peach on Yoshi's isn't unwinnable.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The way I see it, the stages for ME go like this

Pressure stages:

-YS

- FoD

Survival stages:

-FD

-BF

-PS

-DL64 (duh lol)

-KJ64

tatic stages:

-Brinstar

-Rainbow cruise

Jungle japes? O_o I have no clue.

MacD

Banned via Administration
what does anyone think of mute city, i can see how it could be in peaches favor, but i am not really sure, haven't had the opportunity to test it out, doesn anyone know what it's advantages/disadvantages are

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
Mute City is great, and Japes is for characters without any ranged attacks. Also, thanks for the defense DoH.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Glad to finally know why Brinstar is considered a good stage for her. I was just using it against the wrong characters, haha.

I don't like DL64. Call me crazy, but I think it sucks. Yeah, surviving to 180% is great, but it really sucks when 160% of that is lasers, or needles and bairs. It's gay. Same goes for Jungle Japes. DK64 is something I like a little more, but I haven't used it much for counterpicking. Corneria is my counterpick of choice, due to insanely easy area control. That and dsmash under fin destroys anyone that doesn't know what they're doing. I tend to pick Fox for that level more though, because he's an excellent camping character.

I like FoD vs Marth, because he can't do that gay little "stay under the platform and camp" like he can with YS, since the platforms eventually disappear.

Here's a question: Iggy, DoH, where do you take Doc, and how the hell do you fight him? It's my least favourite character to fight in the game. I'd rather take on Falco and Falcon simultaneously with the ghei lasers and set combos than fight a good Doc alone. D:

MacD

Banned via Administration
yea, mute city =death for a doc, i have a friend who plays him, but he won't play doc against my peach because he hates the match up so i don't really get practise against him, ergh

Powda193

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi Story is my favorite level for any character... but thats just me.

other than that i like Mute City since it doesnt have edges it makes it much easier for peach to pick up kills

RedMonk92

Smash Rookie

At this Dreamland 64 it's super high up till u died which is good for peach because that's were ppl try to killl u the most UPWARD!!!!!

$BONE$

Smash Ace
I'd rather take on Falco and Falcon simultaneously with the ghei lasers and set combos than fight a good Doc alone. D:
Zeal! Its Bones. I have a tip for you.

Once you get a hold of Doc match up, you'll realize that falco is sooo much more annoying... i'd rather play Bob$ than Mathos any day... hahaha.

Just space your back airs against Doc and cancel his pills out with it. You can get out of his down-throw to f-air combo sometimes if you shake out of them in time. Just wiggle & airdodge! Doc is so much fun and is never a hard match up for me.. lol. Abuse back air every way you can he cant do anything, its pretty entertaining. When you neutralize his pills, you neutralize his approach making it much harder because he has less going for him than peach It can get annoying for doc but, I absolutely love this match up. Show no mercy.

Another thing with a lot of Doc players is if you hold a turnip in your hand while you're spamming back airs and float canceling f-airs as an approach it will confuse them because they'll anticipate the turnip instead of the aerial and they might forward-b thinking you're going to throw it but all they get is a F-air to the face. Think of yourself as a hawk when you're in the air... know when to strike because he cant really knock you down if you play your spacing cards right. Doesn't work on them all but, its a mindgame you can apply yourself with in this match up for starters.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bmdThk78oMM

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
At this Dreamland 64 it's super high up till u died which is good for peach because that's were ppl try to killl u the most UPWARD!!!!!
But it only adds such a small amount of % onto Peach's life anyway, whereas it potentially is adding a lot more to ganons samus' jiggs, everyone, cause Peach sure can't kill up unless she lands an usmash (or the occasional uair on some opponents). And you still have the problem of Peach being slow, and outsped by most of the cast, which leads to problems of them running away and camping.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
for peach generally u try to keep yourself in large stages bcuz u can live longer and her great recovery may help u avoid a get hit and then come back only to get hit again situation

other good stages for her are brinstar and mute city

brinstar helps because peach can ABUSE the lava in many ways one way is obvious her float will keep her from the lava and she can combo many of her opponents out of the lava

the other way is less obvious to some but because her up-b attack is SO good u can just wait for the lava to combo u up all the way back to stage sure u will stack on alot more dmg but living > dieing all the time no matter wat lolz

mute city is also good for the same combo reason not only that another good advantage for this stage is that the stage has NO ledges for peach this doesnt matter bcuz of her awesome recovery but it can make edgeguarding annoying characters much easier take shiek for example lol

in general it depends on wat characters u fight practice on stages u might like some lol

Top Bottom