• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Good **** Armada

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacD

Banned via Administration
but peach isn't one of lucky's stronger match ups

he can camp her and does fine against her, but that doesn't mean he's really good at the match up when it comes to the high levels of play

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
No, Lucky is very good against Peach. You don't just beat Xelic and almost take out Armada without being good at the match up. Trust me MacD, Lucky knows how to handle Peach, especially back in the day, before Brawl's release. Lucky was the business.

Sorry bout my earlier behavior, the warning was well deserved. But anyways...

I agree with the above mentioned, but I'd like to add some names. Calle w's falco has a good record of actually beating/coming close to beating armada's peach and in overall is the second best swedish player.

For dutchies, there's Adam who's nearly as good as amsah, cept amsah has better nerves lol. Remen, former dutch champion before amsah stepped in but is still real good.

Poilon, Makenshi and Infernum are notable french players, makenshi beat zgetto on esa3, poilon beat aldwyn and faab on smack and infernum beat adam on esa3.

Strawhat has had a real good performance lately, going toe to toe with armada on esa3 and defeating makenshi and infernum on the way. He and overtriforce are also mad good in teams.

I do think though, that genesis has shaped up Armada so that the rest of our top european players are left in the dust no matter how good they are lol, but hopefully it'll motivate the rest to improve on a faster rate, Strawhat and Amsah especially are bent on defeating Armada on this upcoming french tournament The Super Lion, 7-9th of August. I wanted to be there myself and see Armada live and play against him, however circumstances played against me so I have to do with ajp's videos... *sigh*
After reading this post, I'm convinced that Europe must be amazing.

If only Japan's best started to play Melee again (Mikael, Captain Jack, Masashi, etc). Then regional rivalries would be real interesting.

JFox

Smash Hero
Kouryuu, I disagree. I really found Lucky to lack knowledge of the peach vs fox matchup. I wouldnt say hes bad at it, but he def isnt good. He played pretty campy, even tho it was friendlies, which really told me more about his play style vs peach then anything else. Im sure he could camp much harder than he did in those friendlies.

From watching him vs armada i would say his camping was just fine. I just think if he had a bit more experience vs the character he could have performed a little better. For example, knowing how to safely recover is a huge part of beating a good peach like armada who depends on gimps to win matches. Knowing how to tech so that it makes it impossible for peachs slow *** to get over to you, or how to properly space all of peachs approaches is also key. Its not that lucky is bad at these things, but he def lacks experience. IDK maybe im being tedious, but i saw a good amount of errors, especially games 2 and 3, most likely due to pressure.

MacD

well, mango and zhu also agree he's not great at it, not that he's bad at it, just he's not great at it

i think jfox explained it well, lucky can camp, but he doesn't have the expierence against peaches

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
how about, if he was good at the matchup he would have won
since hes not that good at it he lost

which explains the outcome

atleast he got him to game 3

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I see the points that you're making Jfox, and you're not wrong.

The thing is, as good as Lucky is in that match up, he's just not on the level of high level players (i.e. Armada). He's good against Peach, good enough to take on Xelic (and even Edrees back in the day) but he does lack the experience to take on someone on the level of Armada.

So maybe on a relative scale, he's not great in that match up. But he's most certainly not bad.

And this is Armada we're talking about. To say that Lucky is bad against Peach because he lost to Armada is definitely an inaccurate statement. I still believe if Armada played someone like Jman, he'd still probably win.

Cia

das kwl
^ When Jman is on his game, I SWEAR to you. he will not lose.

A peach that cannot CATCH their opponent, cannot HIT their opponent. An opponent who does not take HITS, will not DIE.

Jesus is the best fox and he's really good at abusing his strong and lagless moves. I know you guys are all excited to have a really strong Peach player and all, but i believe it's blinding you to what other strong players (w/ better characters) can do.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
No one is blinded.

I know how good Jman is against Peach. I can't say I've experienced it first hand (since I only played him once when he had a crappy controller), but I've seen his set with Vidjo (and that's all I really needed to see). On top of that, he's told me his experience against other Peach players and how badly he ***** Peach (and I believe him).

But even then, Jman has yet to play a Peach on Armada's level.

And unfortunately Vanz, you have NO idea how good Armada is. He memorizes patterns like no other (don't even get me started on his technical game).

And on top of that, you're really underestimating how good Peach is. Sure, it can be hard to actually hit a very campy Fox but Armada, who knows Peach better than anyone, WILL hit Jman and when he does, he WILL take that stock.

You have NO idea.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
It would be epic *** game, thats for sure :laugh:.

I think I have to give the nod to Jman too but..... w/e.

And everyone has some idea of how the match up will end up. None of us here are dumb.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
LOL I meant you have no idea how good Armada is.

But yeah, talking about "what if's" really doesn't get us anywhere. Pound 4 will be ****.

Samochan

Smash Master
I think jman winning or not would be really stage dependant. On stages where he can run away easily or camp like pokefloats, dreamland, jungle japes or corneria, he would most likely give armada a set of grey hairs at the very least, if not win. But on smaller stages, it's doubtful he could properly execute his laser and run strategy, simply cause there is no room to run and armada is a master of adaptation, he'd figure out the best escape patterns jman does and counter them, then jman would feel some nasty combos and accurate edgeguard armada does. One match at esa3 he did some extremely nasty 26-114% combo on PS, mindgames and accurate chasing included, against amsah's falco in the span of 10 seconds, almost right off the bat in the match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVbn4qnboRM

Armada is not scared of playing on pokestadium either, the platforms seem to help him more than any space animal he faces off against. On FD there is no platforms to run into and armada can chaingrab and all kinds of mean stuff. On battlefield armada simply owns, the platform heights are way too good and allow peach to combo very efficently, then the ledge does not like spacies either and there's enough room to di some. Yoshi would get banned (probably).

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
If what you say is true, Armada would definitely be way better off banning Dreamland in the beginning of the set. His chances for winning the first round will increase since that leaves Jman with no Neutral to run away in, save for Stadium (but since Armada is comfortable there, then it shouldn't be a problem).

Samochan

Smash Master
If what you say is true, Armada would definitely be way better off banning Dreamland in the beginning of the set. His chances for winning the first round will increase since that leaves Jman with no Neutral to run away in, save for Stadium (but since Armada is comfortable there, then it shouldn't be a problem).
Imo, yoshi is still worse than dl64. I'm quite sure that if armada were to ban yoshi and then jman would lose the first match, he'd rather pick a stage like pokefloats than dl64. Armada could ban yoshi and reset dl64 so they'd get a more neutral game for first and have better chance at beating jman. Yoshi has too low ceiling and good foxes can get multiple uairs in on that stage, armada can't abuse his awesome di on this stage either, while on dl64 he at least can survive if he doesn't get upsmashed.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Yeah, but Fox can't exactly run away from Peach on Yoshi's Story. It might have a small ceiling but it also has small sides so Peach can kill Fox relatively early.

Against really campy Fox players, I would prefer playing on YS over DL64 but that's just me.

Samochan

Smash Master
Yeah, but Fox can't exactly run away from Peach on Yoshi's Story. It might have a small ceiling but it also has small sides so Peach can kill Fox relatively early.

Against really campy Fox players, I would prefer playing on YS over DL64 but that's just me.
Yes yes, but you also have to take account what armada's strenghts are, not just the fox's. Armada's di is amazingly good and he can take full advantage of that in dreamland and even though he can't ko fox straight with attacks, he'd just edgeguard real nicely. On yoshi he'd just uhm, die lol, and his strenghts wouldn't play much factor in the outcome of the match, not to mention the stupid cloud would save the fox many times and add some shyguy di.

DL64 is a nasty stage to play vs campy foxes, but rather that than ys if the fox can change into smart aggro fox instead of campy. :/

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Yeah, you have a good point there. The small sides wont mean much anyway since Armada will almost always get his kills once he gets you off stage since his edge guarding is superb.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The top platform on Dreamland, I think, ruins any chance of it being good against Fox.

Even if Yoshi's is worse than Dreamland against an aggressive Fox, Peach as a character is much, much, much better equipped to deal with aggressive play in general. So that's something to consider.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
mango is like

"armada is fast.

then i hit down b

and i win the set.

gg armada"

MacD

in terms for you mango

18 nairs in under 7 seconds

frame perfect is 18 frames

he's doing 22 frames

if he was frame perfect you couldn't shield grab him

t3h Icy

Smash Master
That's ridiculously fast. Even more robotic than M2K.

Probably one of many reasons why he was so hard to beat.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
18 frames is humanly impossible anyway.

<3
Technically it isn't impossible to get it once or twice <_< Being CONSISTANTLY frame perfect is impossible, but being very close to it (which Armada already is) and occasionally getting it is within human capabilities :p

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
His placing at Genesis was the HIGHEST achievement of any Peach user, and it was certainly not expected. (at least not from me.) In addition, this 'piece of ****' character is now recognized by the melee AND brawl community as a whole and who knows.. maybe she's not so bad.

so.. Congrats
...Piece of **** character? So being at the top of high tier and being ranked as the 5th best character in the game is a piece of **** character? Really?

Also, who didn't see this coming? You'd have to be an idiot not to expect his placement, most people who knew what they were talking about predicted that Armada would get top 10 / top 5 a few months before Genesis. Armada is good.

And how does Armada's ability to play Peach at such a high level in Melee have any relation whatsoever to Peach in Brawl, or Brawl in general? I'm more inclined to say that his placement is a strong reflection of his understanding of the game and his individual skill level rather than how good of a character Peach is. But nonetheless, congratulations to Armada for getting 2nd place in, arguably, the biggest Melee tournament in the world so far (at least in America).

Samochan

Smash Master
Kouryuu said:
Nothing I've said is disrespectful. I've only stated facts. At this point, it's obvious that you're an Armada fanboy who can't understand that Armada is not as good as US's best Peach players. That doesn't mean Armada isn't good, it just means he's not at the level of Vidjo, Cort, PC, Xelic etc. (they play at a very VERY high level).
Oh snap

You've been turned Kouryuu xD

I should go read that thread again and lol at the funnies there. :3

Keke

First it was that everyone was better than Armada. Now, Armada is better than everyone. x3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom