• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gonzo's Brawl Community inspired Kirby Instructional Video Enjoy : )

Basic

Smash Cadet
Sounds interesting.

For music, I would suggest that one Meta Knight remix. I think that's what it's called, I'm not too sure. Since it's an instructional video, maybe something instrumental. But that idea of a Hiro and Gonzo video would be really nice.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Hey Gonzo, what exactly is it that you will be instructing? Just general strategies for Kirby? Basically like your other vid with lots of cool moments mixed with instructions on how to do what was about to be shown?

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Hey Gonzo, what exactly is it that you will be instructing? Just general strategies for Kirby? Basically like your other vid with lots of cool moments mixed with instructions on how to do what was about to be shown?
Basically i'm going to outline all aspects of gameplay with Kirby, It'll probably go like this

Building damage (Combos, counter techniques, using Nair, tilts)

Finishing

Guarding the edge

Spacing

Dodging

Getting back on the stage

Neutral B (using it effectively and not spamming it)

UpB using it well due to its hi risk hi reward nature

Stage assisted Kills

Anything else u think i should put in?

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
I would love to see some use of nair and tilts, they seem like Kirby's more useless moves but I guess that shows how crappy my Kirby is >_>
Also, could you try to find a combo into aerial hammer?

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
Sounds interesting your ideas Gonzo ^^

You can put a stone edgeguard too, they're very useful against MK. Anyway, i certainly will like the video =]

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I'd like to see jumping out of shield aerial hammer attacks. Stage related tricks for special Kirby gimpy spits. Final Cutter edge guarding, mindgames techniques, spacing techniques, kirby hat combos, spiking combo's, combo's that lead to a KO, and various throw combos.
It would be great to get a montage of Kirby techniques and videos from different Kirby players. Is that your plan Gonzo?

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
More or less, since i dont have enough vids of myself playing and b/c everyone has different styles and techniques, incorporating them would do more good than just my own techniques would.

I've started looking at hat combos, primarily Snakes. His grenades are very effective against Kirby and i think the nades are a good counter to snake as well

Rollo

Smash Rookie
As for music, I've always loved the Gourmet Race remix in Brawl.
(By the way, I love the video in your sig. ^-^)

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
You should've sent me a link to this thread because "thnx Guys, i've started the video" doesn't look like an instructional video thread. XD

As far as helping, I'd love to but I'm the type of person who sits down and works on a project non-stop until it's finished (or until I collapse and then get up and go at it again later). So I'm probably a bad source of help for this because I'll either have nothing or everything.

Also, my computer is dead (still) but I may be getting a new one soon. Until then I won't be capturing clips or videos of anything. I can offer advice if you want. I have to warn you that I'm very detailed and picky with what I do - I guess that's called being a perfectionist. Though it might just be because I've done lots of art which requires one to be detailed and picky. Lol.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
You should've sent me a link to this thread because "thnx Guys, i've started the video" doesn't look like an instructional video thread. XD

As far as helping, I'd love to but I'm the type of person who sits down and works on a project non-stop until it's finished (or until I collapse and then get up and go at it again later). So I'm probably a bad source of help for this because I'll either have nothing or everything.

Also, my computer is dead (still) but I may be getting a new one soon. Until then I won't be capturing clips or videos of anything. I can offer advice if you want. I have to warn you that I'm very detailed and picky with what I do - I guess that's called being a perfectionist. Though it might just be because I've done lots of art which requires one to be detailed and picky. Lol.
Nah dude, i'm the same way, its gotta be what i want or its a no go, if ur good with a video editor u can make it and since all my videos are on youtube, u can use the program any video converter to download them to ur comp (if u dont have it its free to download)

I'm being really lazy about it so perhaps u can use the outline i setup and other things u think are necessary and start making it, cuz it'll b about two weeks or so till i'm done

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
Kirby union! how nice *¬*

xD

I would like to help, but i can't record videos, if i can help in another way, i'm free! =]

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Gonzo make sure you put in stuff about the Hammer ;D

SURPRISE SURPRISE! BOOM! AERIAL HAMMER! JOO DEAD BOY, JOO DEAD!

giuocob

Smash Journeyman
Very nice video!

WAIT A MINUTE...

YOU DID NOT JUST GRAB META KNIGHT OUT OF A TORNADO. WHAT THE HELL. WHAT THE HELL.

Ekimaster

Smash Cadet
You never used Dthrow -> Utilt. Great video otherwise, but from videos I've seen, the Dthrow is pretty useful.

TwilightKirby

Smash Ace
Haha oh well I didn't get my vids up on time. Thats what I get for not having myown capture card. I haven't gotten to watch this yet though because I am using a school computer and it can't access youtube =/

I'll watch it later but I was curious where does kirby's grab hitbox go exactly? It grab a bit above him too or something?

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Haha oh well I didn't get my vids up on time. Thats what I get for not having myown capture card. I haven't gotten to watch this yet though because I am using a school computer and it can't access youtube =/

I'll watch it later but I was curious where does kirby's grab hitbox go exactly? It grab a bit above him too or something?
yeah, its quite odd, sometimes it reaches right above his head i really dont know yet how it works, but i like it : )

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
Interesting how you show matches against those characters who Kirby has bad matchups against (except for Mario). Very nice vid.

1nconspikuous

Smash Apprentice
really helpful vid! =) i mean, after seeing that i see that i need to learn how to use the nair > jabs or dtilt/utilt for spacing and general damage building. pretty crazy right there.

i kinda hoped for a couple things things though:
1. i didn't see much (if any) snake. =/ need a little help w that. =)
2. tips on approaching/dealing with campy ranged ppl (ie wolf/falco with laser and throwing reflector)

in any case, it's kinda foolish of me to bicker about the vid. i'm sure it will help a lot of ppl, myself included! good job man!

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
really helpful vid! =) i mean, after seeing that i see that i need to learn how to use the nair > jabs or dtilt/utilt for spacing and general damage building. pretty crazy right there.

i kinda hoped for a couple things things though:
1. i didn't see much (if any) snake. =/ need a little help w that. =)
2. tips on approaching/dealing with campy ranged ppl (ie wolf/falco with laser and throwing reflector)

in any case, it's kinda foolish of me to bicker about the vid. i'm sure it will help a lot of ppl, myself included! good job man!
Thank you, to address ur questions i have a few snake matches up in my Video thread that may help u out as to the campy wolfs and falcos, jump over wolf, and duck under falco's shots, u can duck and short hop air dodge forward, great way to approach remember kirby is short so abuse his duck to avoid projectiles

Basic

Smash Cadet
Song List Request

Hey spike, do you think you can PM me or list the songs you used in the video?:chuckle:

KonoK

Smash Cadet
Lol, the fake Kirby movie.
Anyways, thanks. I learned a lot from this. Does the F-throw>Uair>F-throw>Uair>Fsmash work on everyone? Also, do you ever use hats? None of the clips had you use a hat.

Top Bottom