• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ GOML 1 Brawl Tournament Results ~ July 26th 2008 ~ Videos are up!

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
MK johns are legal depending on the player. Endofstorykthxbai.

Btw the turnout was amazing, I hope most of you come down to Niagara sometime, just car pool together and pitch for gas.

Percon

Smash Lord
SHOUTOUTS:

(way too many people to remember, so pardon me if I forgot)

Bug: Thanks for hosting, nice venue, lack of doubles is lame but oh well. You did well, too. Host more plz.

Jason/Jiggles/XXX/Whatever: Holy **** guy. Where did YOU come from? No honestly, you told me where you were from but I blanked. Nice Jiggs. MAD props for taking a set from me, though I wasn't gonna let that happen twice :p I wanna see you come out more, man. You must be tired, though, so get some rest.

*crickets*

GK:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yinx7je8ZnY&feature=related

Seriously though, GGs.

Anthony: Nice Marth. Hope to play you again sometime soon.

Meehow: Nice meeting you, and GJ with fifth. Seriously, Bug must have rigged something for all these [wt]ers to be good haha

KingAce: Where's my entry fee huh?? jk, You earned it man. I want to play you on the winner's side next time haha. Close set, I shoulda known you'd go Japes. Smart pickinz'

Tipz: Good games man. Practice more and I can see that Pit becoming deadly. Oh and you should play Marth so that your name fits

GI: You got mass better man. I saw your Olimar and was like 0_0. Keep it up!

GI's brother: Nice meeting you man, you need more confidence ;)

GI's GF: Didn't really talk to you, but more female gamers is a good thing. Speaking of which...

Dejana: WTF enter will 'ya? At least we got to chat a bit. I'll reply to your PM and give you my FC in a bit.

Minus: Aww man, it sucks about the bike but upsets happened all over the place. I wanted to play you and Ambrose in doubles, too. Aw well.

Ambrose: Good games man. Remember that you're like my favorite person ever. EVER. DDD represent.

MDK: Sorry for protecting the innocent XD. I wanna play you next time man.

Everyone who wanted friendlies: SO sorry. Lack of time + I don't play friendlies during brackets = no friendlies. :( Sorry, ask me next time before the tournament and I promise I will.

Goombaguy: You've got a surprisingly good Ness. Keep---it---up! (' ')b

Marco: You're Jason's brother? CRAZY. Nice fox, look forward to playing you again.

Homer2020: Nice games, I like to see more DK players.

Niagara Dudes:

Niko: **** happens. You ***** in "crews" though. Haha

Pyrenight: You did good, as I expected. I guess all that practice helped. Next SB@N I see you going far.

Jarred: I saw that stuff on rainbow cruise, WTF was that. That sucks man. Still, you're super good, you wrecked your pool, mad respect for Diddy.

KC: Stuff happens. I'll talk to you later about characters. I think you should switch to a certain character who would greatly benefit your playstyle...

Nate: You played smart, your GAW looks like it's coming along nice. Keep it up.

Miller: You need to practice more. Though, you did good. Cool stuff.

*crickets*

I think that's everyone... WAIT

Wolfblade: Thanks for driving and being tolerant of the others. I knew you'd place well, if I don't knock you to loser's next time I know you'll go far. I want you to squash that bug next time. GGs.

If there's anyone I forgot, tell me and I'll make something up real quick.

MDK00

Smash Ace
shoutz to KC, Lolibot, pastaboy. u guys are madd chill.
respectz to KC playin til like 6am with me. im such a fiend for practice lol.
btw KC i have ur silver buss up controller. i dub it mines for the time being =D.
no more controller johns from MDK oh ****

ps. lolibot is a internet fieeend. WORD!!! *exposed* JESUS

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
Shouts:

First one goes to GI: Sorry for winning in such a gay way, but it had to be done!!!

Kingace: Congrats for ******, you get picked on by QQ'ers to much I like seein you do good.

Percon: Good job, quit your weekend job, more practice, more **** :p

MDK: rofl

Niko: To many johns / showboating

Miller: stay in drugs don't do school

Wolfblade: You tied me but you had it way harder and you played great. good work man

Dejana: enter next time geez why don't you thats so lame

Minus: to bad **** got screwed up, your falco is so different from mine its crazy, the Kevin combo with falco is **** 70% though, i've picked up a few tricks from you :p

Ambrose: never got to play you or really see your matches, except for against that jiggs. I heard you did really good, I'll have to play you for sure next time

Chaotic: So many close matches and had to play you twice. You were so hard for me to fight, thanks for the great matches, I learned a lot

Church of Smash: I think you guys all play so awesome, everybody has their random character that they've just purely mastered and **** with, nobody really plays high tier, thats sick.

Bug: thanks for hosting man, it worked out pretty sick, just took way to long with pools. bad choice. braccet with BYE's would have been so much better.

Niagara: basically everybody I didn't mention in niagara came to chill outside whcih was pretty sick and also, Niagara was exactly 1/4th of the entire bracket, we all made it in and we all had to play eachother because there was just so many of us doing well. Niagara is so ****ing good.

Violent-nin

Smash Ace
I was in the pool on Niko's TV, I think we were the only pool with 9 people. My matches were:
2-0, 0-2, 1-2, 2-1, 0-2, 0-2, 0-2, and I never got to play against "Jack Thompson" because he left early or something so I don't know what that counts as. I don't remember the rest of the guys' names except for GI and I think that was one of my 0-2 matches.

NEED MORE CAPTAIN FALCON MANLINESS... That was the greatest match ever.
Lmao, I tried to land another Falcon Punch to please the crowd but sadly wasn't able too. I overall played like crap, especially looking @ how easy I let the Snake player juggle me.

I'm a Random mainer, and didn't even do it @ the tournament, but next tournament I'll bring back C.Falcon to make an impact lol.

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Man I haven't got like any shoutouts :( lol... I heard someone say "I'm really impressed by this Ness" during my pools matches too... no shoutout johns though... maybe people stopped being impressed after the boat incident lmao. I promise I'll do better at the next one, and you'll see me in the brackets...

And one more time: MDK you need to MM me at the next one so I get some real experience in :p

MDK00

Smash Ace
And one more time: MDK you need to MM me at the next one so I get some real experience in :p
gladly! =)

shoutoutz to all virgin metaknights (you are all virgins cuz you dont sex ppl like my metaknight LOL) we need 2 get 2gether and do 5$MM dittos (excluding kingnado cuz hes gay lolol jks)

Anth0ny

Smash Master
gladly! =)

shoutoutz to all virgin metaknights (you are all virgins cuz you dont sex ppl like my metaknight LOL) we need 2 get 2gether and do 5$MM dittos (excluding kingnado cuz hes gay lolol jks)
B-b-b-but you're MDK! You're too good man! :laugh:

You gotta keep trying that "I'm...Rae" thing on people. It'll work :p

Gichan

Smash Champion
Wow, it feels like it is already too late to do shoutouts but that would suck cause I was stuck at work yesterday for 13 hours, awesome. So here we go

Bug: Wow man, wow, this tournament of yours ooowwwnneedd. Honestly, level 1? It's over 9000!! Can't wait for the next. You did an awesome job and you kept the hype going man. Not to mention, 5th place!? WII TROOPERS!! LOLOL, **** though the name is a joke you guys are not. And thanks for the support throughout the tourney.

Niko: Niagara boys repping, too sexy. Homosexual feelings arise when I see you in that pink shirt, LOLOLOL, jokes man, don't worry let me sleep over I promise I won't do anything, haha, try to trust me. Anyways, your support is crazy man, honestly, I'll start **** talking when I actually come like top 5 or something but for now you can't expect me to demoralize people when I am at their level, lolol

KC: you are too cool. I didn't get to see your Luigi much in action, saw more Ike than anything else, too much with Nate I see lol. Thanks for understanding my freaking out attitude in our match but I have failed over and over again I just didn't want that to happen yet again. See you in future matches, I have lots of fun playing you cause we both play aggressive, awesome!

Kev: I hate you, but you are smart. No hate here man, you own but if we encounter one more time than that means you are my Niagara rival. Our matches are close, I guess that is a good sign for me that I am not falling behind, hopefully we'll both keep getting better and better.

Jarred: LOLOLOL, DIDDY! I love to see that beast in actiono, my girlfriend was freaking amazed by it, she said it was like watching a melee match! LOL, so true. You own, as Max said, you will probably rise very very fast.

Nate (Lawlbot) :Man, didn't get to talk to you much or see you in action but I hope you surprised the **** out of people with your Ike. I guess you spent most of your time outside, wonder why lolol. You own, see at Niagara again.

Percon: Thanks for the compliment, hopefully I am. I really wanted to get to play you in brackets to really show both of us if I did indeed improve, instead of the three-stocking business you gave me last time, **** that hurt. Hopefully I'll play you next time, till then.

KingAce: Wow, ****!!!!! 1st again! Beating Percon!? You seriously own dude. That's why I always yell at you to try in our matches when you play against me cause I know your potential, it is insane. Honestly, you really play like a pro, so technical, and you are not afraid whatsoever to do what you need to do to win. Impressive.

Mikey: **** man, I was really looking forward to you owning everyone on saturday. You were really the one that seemed was going to shine out of all of us. You still did well man, and don't worry, we all know you are good. Hopefully the next one eh?

Nickcam: What the ****?! **** man, you had a mixture of crazy luck and a spurt of ownage, you did amazing man, can't believe you beat out Minus and Wolfblade. I envy your results, for now you are the superior Wario, hopefully I'll match you some time in the future. Congrats man.

Minus: No need for me to say, too bad and stuff, so instead I'll tell you that you indeed own, everytime I watch you play it is insane, you are so technical, you know so much of this game. When it seems you are too good and can't get better, you never fail. Pop out of nowhere with another character and own even more, **** man, that is skill, all without a Wii. Own

Wolblade: Almost forgot you, how so? Don't know man. Who can't point you out in a crowd when you where a PT hat! LOL, that hat owns, and your collection of Fire Pokemon. you are not afraid to show your fanboy side, maybe I should challenge you to an actual pokebattle, just for laughs. Do you have D/P? That actually may be considered a stupid question, lolol.

AvariceX: "Wow, that Ness is crazy" "Maann, that Ness knows what he is doing, too good" Yes man, that was me, I loved your Ness, I wish my girlfriend watched your matches cause she would have found it very entertaining, an aggressive Ness. Your Ness is very skilled, don't john man, a suicide is a suicide it's true but just consider that after such a long absence you came back with a punch. Till next time right?

Jack Thompson: LOLOL, man you are jokes, in our pool you were the first I played while laughing, didn't I tell you to play earlier?! Therefore you wouldn't have been so cooled and had to warm up to play well. You are jokes, come out to more tournaments.

Boxer: What the hell man, honestly, you were doing mediocre in the beginning but as time went you were just owning. I didn't get to watch your matches but I heard how close they were. Get some more intel again, lol, and you'll own.

Jack: Our match was fun, I enjoyed it although I got owned. For some reason I can **** talk you, I guess it is because I'm fine with losing to you (and because I knew I had at least on mroe chance). you did so well, I'm **** impressed, how the **** do you do it? Whatever it is it's working, keep it up, see ya in future tourneys.

Ambrose: Seriously, although Phil will hate this, I was rooting for you to win. What am I to say. Whatever little success I had on saturday, 13th.., it is due to all of your help especially. All the nagging I did to play you and all the questions I constantly asked you and you never got frustrated (or at least shown it) though I know inside you wanted to shoot me, lolol. Thanks for all the help, honestly, I got better because of you from these past two weeks. You better come over sometimes man, we all wanna play you. but expect me to come to your place still. Until I beat you, hahahaha, owned! You'll see. Jokes man, PR #1 for Ambrose, yeah Phil, you heard you better keep your game up, lol.

Man, I know I am forgetting people and I'm going to kick myself in the *** for this later, aarrgh. Anyways, all of you own, see you in future tourneys. Especially that Ulevo (!!!) I'll find a way through tornado you'll see.

Oops, thank god for edit, yeah guys for all who don't know I'm Gi.

Wolfblade

Smash Lord
Iceclimbers5:

Of course I have f*cking Pokemon Diamond! Yer right, that was a mass stupid question:laugh:

Haven't played if bloody ages though. Dude, were you in my pool??? If so, who did you use against me and how did you enjoy Lucario?... I feel so bad but I never listen to people's names, I just remember faces. There were a bunch of people I was chatting with all day yesterday and I totally don't know who they are:psycho:

Edit: Wait what??? Yer GI??? Wow, I am totally shocked.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Aww man, I'm so lazy. (been to way too many tournaments and written way too many shoutout lists so...) I just can't do full shoutouts for everyone cause I'm more of a vocal person and I think I talked to everyone else soo much saturday that if you feel bad about not getting a shoutout just pick something from what I've already said to you in person lol.

Except Nickcam: You know of course I'm not gonna be able to get over that bike retartedness but when I was like "good luck Nickcam" I wasn't being sarcastic.
I will say though Corneria is total ban tier. When it was confirmed we were going there I was almost going to just play Falco and camp ( you can run away forever on corneria) but I wasn't feeling that gay lol.

Tournament was incredibly fun though, doubles would have been awesome to finish (me and ambrose were gonna take it!) but what happens happens.

MDK00

Smash Ace
B-b-b-but you're MDK! You're too good man! :laugh:

You gotta keep trying that "I'm...Rae" thing on people. It'll work :p
its not gunna work if u jus keep blurtin my name out!
i think next time i'll say im kingace just to see what happens lol

we should have a character crew battle.

mks vs snakes

i call snake...
i call kingnado!
i already told... metaknights eat snakes for breakfast. i'll save you for dinner tho.

Ill take the MK side, just to prove a point xD
Metaknight fights with a sword not booty. stick to ur ***** kay? thnx

Aww man, I'm so lazy. (been to way too many tournaments and written way too many shoutout lists so...) I just can't do full shoutouts for everyone cause I'm more of a vocal person and I think I talked to everyone else soo much saturday that if you feel bad about not getting a shoutout just pick something from what I've already said to you in person lol.

Except Nickcam: You know of course I'm not gonna be able to get over that bike retartedness but when I was like "good luck Nickcam" I wasn't being sarcastic.
I will say though Corneria is total ban tier. When it was confirmed we were going there I was almost going to just play Falco and camp ( you can run away forever on corneria) but I wasn't feeling that gay lol.

Tournament was incredibly fun though, doubles would have been awesome to finish (me and ambrose were gonna take it!) but what happens happens.
just to say nate, corneria wasnt banned from the start. i can think of several occasions where stupid ppl take me to this stupid stage. although along with corneria, green greens, skyworld, luigi mansion, hannenbow, mario circuit, pirate ship, norfair, brinstar i've been sayin all these stages should have been banned from long long ago lol.

i hope pirate ship aka pool house needs to be banned nuff said.

but man that bike foolishness really suckz. but i feel ur pain
heres the vid of when it happened to me.
it didnt put me to death but u can imagine how pissed off i felt. that plus being farted on
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=5fRS_rDZsOU
obviously i ef'd his **** up afterwards. pure hot sex mite i add too =)

nickcam

Smash Ace
Minus: Ya the bike kill was pure luck actually. I think i was actually going for a forward tilt edgeguard when i picked it up and once i had it i thought i might as well try it. I can't even recall how it got there but i made the best of it being there. It was a tight set regardless and i never thought u were being sarcastic at all when u said good luck.

GI: Holy **** dude u improved big times. I saw your set against that ddd when u ended it with that wario waft. Sick stuff man. I thought the chain grabbing would get to you but u held it together. See u on Wednesday

O ya if anyone has the link to the ambrose vs jason match Plz post it... I know everyone wants to re watch that one

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
yea i didnt get to see all of it was busy getting owned by ace :(
but yea i heard it was a sick game i wana see all of it. Luckily i saw that Rest kill at like 10 seconds left that was just intense.

Niko_K

Smash Master
So I just noticed now, who was the person who had the extra copy of brawl for my wii? Because whoever unhooked my wii and what not when we were hurrying out, they left the copy in my wii.

I have your legit copy of brawl, so let me know who you are so I can arrange to get it back to you.

-Niko

Bug~

Smash Ace
so did anyone find my controller? please guys i really need it.

also..the vids will be up on this account: GOMLgaming

please be patient, thank you.

MDK00

Smash Ace
mdk vs jtp (aka jigglythepuff aka xxx aka jason)
comin soon to gtasmash account.

btw please do not upload my money match with jason bug i wud like it on the gtasmash account k? thnx

Bug~

Smash Ace
ummm maybe we can put it on both..im thinking to myself if I should have only tournament matches on my account.

MDK00

Smash Ace
ummm maybe we can put it on both..im thinking to myself if I should have only tournament matches on my account.
well my money match was not apart of ur tournament so dont put it up thnx.

iMeeHow

Smash Journeyman
lol people were probaly expecting some hard core drinking games and they come in the venue and see people screaming at jigglypuffs rest lmao
oh and rae tell me when you get that moneymatch up cause i missed it.

Top Bottom