• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goddess of Pop(Godga) in danger from Islamic Defenders.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Read the following quote and respond in a well organized essay on the rhetorical strategies Solid employs to assert his claim that people are ****ing stupid and religion makes it worse.

© 2012 The College Board
Wow, I kind of love you for this post.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Teehee. People got buttmad over that post.

Why should anyone care whether I think she should live or die? There are plenty of people who I wouldn't care if they perished, just because I don't like them. Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, Steven Harper, George Bush, people who produce obese children and make no effort to parent them properly, etc.

The fact that anyone thinks I'm actually serious enough to literally WISH DEATH upon someone is silly. I said I wouldn't care if she died. I didn't say I WANT them to kill her, just that I don't care if they do.

People mad on the internets about nothing.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
People care because I assume many people think publicly stating that you wouldn't care that someone died is crossing the line.

It just makes you seem like an ***.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

Why should anyone care whether I think she should live or die? There are plenty of people who I wouldn't care if they perished, just because I don't like them. Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, Steven Harper, George Bush, people who produce obese children and make no effort to parent them properly, etc.

The fact that anyone thinks I'm actually serious enough to literally WISH DEATH upon someone is silly. I said I wouldn't care if she died. I didn't say I WANT them to kill her, just that I don't care if they do.

It doesn't take a lot of emotional investment to call you names.

Fuujin

Smash Champion

Now how is Godga to be compared to "Justin Bieber, Rebecca Black, Steven Harper, George Bush, people who produce obese children and make no effort to parent them properly, etc."

Blasphemy of the highest order.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
This is upsetting since terrorists, pop stars, and fundamentalists are the only people out there in my life who are there to look out for me when things go bad. Seeing them destroy each other really tears me up inside.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Well you have to realize she IS a puppet from the illuminati and is the first step to spreading NWO. No wonder people stand up to her taking over everywhere.

Arbuckle

Smash Rookie
You know, using the word "godga," makes you sound like a cultist.

Also it makes me want to disregard everything you ever say.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Yes, by using LT's own fool *** statement against him, I'm making personal attacks on you based off no evidence. Sure. You have fun with that.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around that ****ing **** Luigi Toliet, **** I get that you love starting **** up even more than I do (whooops did I just say that out loud?) but god**** the **** kind of logic are we operating off of here?

This place, I ****ing swear. Flamefests and all that **** used to actually be something worth reading.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The level of absurdity here is killing me inside.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Arbuckle is dumb for disregarding posts from Fuujin because Fuujin is an obvious troll.

Right.
If he was actually disregarding them, I would have no post to respond to there in the first place. Coming in here and being like "hey you're dumb I'm going to stop paying attention to you" is like elementary school level instigation. I mean yeah I call people dumb all the time, but Arbuckle is responding to Fuujin like Fuujin is seriously throwing around the "godga" term like it's not a big ridiculous joke. He's obviously not disregarding the troll because he's replying to him.

How this made an unrelated third party frothingly angry is beyond me but I'm flattered to know I have such power over people!

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Actually Arbuckle is responding to Fuujin as if Fuujin is being kind of a ****, or at least that's the vibe I got.

But hey what do I know I'm just trying to start ****, obviously.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm agreeing with falcon here.

By the way I saw the post, it does not look like he was responding to fuujin about what he said, but by how he says it.

But If he dic respond to him on what he said, then that would probably mean he did fell for the trolling.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I like how no matter what side I take I have to be trolling, even when I blatantly say I'm not. There have been times when Teran pretty much ****ing repeated what I was saying and that sparked debates over who is and isn't serious while me and Teran called people ***** on aim.

Arbuckle himself was pointing out that Fuujin is pretty much either trolling or just plain not worth arguing with either way, you know, same thing that LT did except he managed to basically slip in a jab at Arbuckle for uh...you know...doing it first.

Yeeeeeeaaaaaah.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Xcuse yew all.

This is a serious blog, my goddess was in great danger and I felt the need to bring it to everyone's attention.

Also I use the term Godga with great seriousness as Queen Gaga is a Goddess among men.

Insulted that you would question my piety TBH...

Kween.

When will your faves?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I used to hate all of you, but then I found Jesus Christ and I was saved. **** Gaga.

No not really.

You can keep the **** Gaga, but I somehow stopped hating everyone for some reason, almost as seamlessly as when I started.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801

Personally I'm not a fan of Gaga at all, nor do I dislike, I am completely indifferent to her music. However, I would actually very much care if she died, because she is the inspiration of millions of her fans who like up to her, admire her and adore her for what she is. In a way she has become a part of their lives.

The good things she has done for people - by which I dont have to mean saving lives but even something very simple such as having people enjoy her music - are much more than the harm she has caused. What harm would we even be talking about? That her music also has people who greatly dislike it? Well big deal, not everyone can like the same sort of music and the love (or whatever positive feeling) an average Gaga fan possesses for her easily surpasses the hate of a hundred of her haters (who just like you, other than disliking her, don't care for her nor think of her). Next in line she causes relatively little controversy about issues that have already been controversial such as gay rights and (religious) fundamentalists threathening with violence against people with other beliefs... Nothing new to see her. This time it's Lady Gaga, next time it's another figure that "endangers their religion".

Her death would be causing much grief, much more so than relief, which makes me care for it. Not much, but I would definitely find it a pity so I would not like to se her dead.

THAT BEING SAID, I hope she won't let the demonstrations go unheard. Seeing as she has gained permission from the Philippine authorities to perfrom, she should continue her concert but as she is a guest in the country, she should respect their customs and adapt her schedule to them. So no bikinis or "demonic undertones" please. That stuff is better left for countries where bikinis and demonic undertones won't cause upheavals.

:053:

Arcansi

Smash Champion

Personally I'm not a fan of Gaga at all, nor do I dislike, I am completely indifferent to her music. However, I would actually very much care if she died, because she is the inspiration of millions of her fans who like up to her, admire her and adore her for what she is. In a way she has become a part of their lives.

Humanly impossible. If you've heard her music (or even heard of it) you have bias.

The good things she has done for people - by which I dont have to mean saving lives but even something very simple such as having people enjoy her music - are much more than the harm she has caused. What harm would we even be talking about? That her music also has people who greatly dislike it? Well big deal, not everyone can like the same sort of music and the love (or whatever positive feeling) an average Gaga fan possesses for her easily surpasses the hate of a hundred of her haters (who just like you, other than disliking her, don't care for her nor think of her). Next in line she causes relatively little controversy about issues that have already been controversial such as gay rights and (religious) fundamentalists threathening with violence against people with other beliefs... Nothing new to see her. This time it's Lady Gaga, next time it's another figure that "endangers their religion".

Her death would be causing much grief, much more so than relief, which makes me care for it. Not much, but I would definitely find it a pity so I would not like to se her dead.

Good and bad are relative. She also creates feelings of doubt in people for liking her and not being able to show it, and she moves people's attentions off of bigger world issues.

What you say is not definitively the truth. Perhaps controversy is better then you see it.

THAT BEING SAID, I hope she won't let the demonstrations go unheard. Seeing as she has gained permission from the Philippine authorities to perfrom, she should continue her concert but as she is a guest in the country, she should respect their customs and adapt her schedule to them. So no bikinis or "demonic undertones" please. That stuff is better left for countries where bikinis and demonic undertones won't cause upheavals.
I don't believe the saying goes 'When in Rome, don't as the Romans don't'.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Nowadays it's more like "If you ain't American, be more American."

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Arcansi, what was that post trying to accomplish? It confuses me.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Humanly impossible. If you've heard her music (or even heard of it) you have bias.
...ok.

Good and bad are relative.
Why yes there are. There are relative in that they are relative to only my personal feelings since I'm talking about how I would feel about her death. You could say that I gauge that by using scales. One side of it is the things that I feel are good. In this case it would be that she brings joy and inspiration to those who like her music, that her only appearance makes people happy, that the paparazzi has twice as much work and other reasons that I may or may not have mentioned. On the bad side, I would have to think. As a human she probably has done some bad things. Causing controversy is not always a good, it can make people unhappyyyyy. Some people dislike her music, but this barely matters on my scales because this the people who like her outnumber her and their feelings are stronger than those who dislike it. Oh and she makes some fundamentalists angry.

All of this plays in my head and everything is measured in imaginary units purely relative to myself. These scales do not really exists. What did you expect?

She also creates feelings of doubt in people for liking her and not being able to show it,
Poor them! Unfortunately their insecurity about 'coming out' for their taste is their own fault. Likely the same people hide their other tastes or some other things such as a kind of philosophy as well. They could be true to themselves and show it. They also could not and risk being laughed at which is probably what they fear. This will likely happen more often. First world dilemmas!

But if you find her to be a worse person and/or be a little more relieved when she dies because of that (that was what I'm talking about it and that is what you are reacting to), well BE MY GUEST!

and she moves people's attentions off of bigger world issues.
Reaaaaaaaaaally? So if Lady Gaga weren't here we would now be saving children in Africa? Scrap that, if no entertainer were there, we would probably all immediately turn to all social and political issues that are threathening the world and ourselves? We would all watch the news more often? We would all read every column of the newspaper everyday? PERISH ENTERTAINMENT!

I don't believe the saying goes 'When in Rome, don't as the Romans don't'.
Actually Im pretty sure the saying goes like "When in Rome, do as the Roman's don't, if you want the Senate to personally push 100 swords up your ***."

Showing that what was said was not totally correct, as it was portrayed to be.
Ah well seeing as it was not clear:

My post was not "totally correct" from everyone's point of view. It did not hold "the definite truth". It merely showed on how I would think about the death of Lady Gaga. I also do not really see how you could draw any kind of truth out of it, but just in case... don't do it.

:052:

Arcansi

Smash Champion
What did you expect?

Answering honestly? Better scales.

No offence intended.

Poor them! Unfortunately their insecurity about 'coming out' for their taste is their own fault. Likely the same people hide their other tastes or some other things such as a kind of philosophy as well. They could be true to themselves and show it. They also could not and risk being laughed at which is probably what they fear. This will likely happen more often. First world dilemmas!

But if you find her to be a worse person and/or be a little more relieved when she dies because of that (that was what I'm talking about it and that is what you are reacting to), well BE MY GUEST![/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

This is true.

I don't get what your undertoning, so I can't react to it.

Reaaaaaaaaaally? So if Lady Gaga weren't here we would now be saving children in Africa? Scrap that, if no entertainer were there, we would probably all immediately turn to all social and political issues that are threathening the world and ourselves? We would all watch the news more often? We would all read every column of the newspaper everyday? PERISH ENTERTAINMENT!
In theory? Yeah.

The removal of the entertainment industry is a very solid theoretical plan to create solutions to many of humanities problems.

Actually Im pretty sure the saying goes like "When in Rome, do as the Roman's don't, if you want the Senate to personally push 100 swords up your ***."
Your blatant hyperbolize-ing removes all meaning from the quote.

It seems you think people should fear for their human rights because of unfriendly Senate's.

While this may be true, it becomes less so for more iconic figures. I mean, imagine what would actually happen if she were killed?

Likely some sort of uproar and gov. being essentially forced to do something about it, in theory.

Ah well seeing as it was not clear:

My post was not "totally correct" from everyone's point of view. It did not hold "the definite truth". It merely showed on how I would think about the death of Lady Gaga. I also do not really see how you could draw any kind of truth out of it, but just in case... don't do it.
Then don't say things that are presented as truth.

No offence.

:fluttershy:

Top Bottom