• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goddess of Nature, Viridi Support Thread. Hoping for a sequel in less than 25 years

Alexandwong

Smash Rookie
Palutena's Viridi alt is gone. What do you guys think?
maybe the 6th is the viridi costume though

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Palutena's Viridi alt is gone. What do you guys think?
maybe the 6th is the viridi costume though
If her alt is gone, and Nintendo picked the next 5 dlc characters, there is still hope

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Guys, Viridi might have a better shot than you actually think. :ultinkling:,:ultkrool:,:ultchrom:,:ultisabelle:, Ashley, Zero, Knuckles, Black Knight, and Virtual Fighter were all Mii costumes back in Smash 4 and are all playable characters or Assist trophies in Ultimate. So counting them out, we still have not yet seen Viridi, Geno, Tails, Heihachi, and Lloyd in physical form in Ultimate.

Last edited:

Alexandwong

Smash Rookie
Guys, Viridi might have a better shot than you actually think. :ultinkling:,:ultkrool:,:ultchrom:,:ultisabelle:, Ashley, Zero, Knuckles, Black Knight, and Virtual Fighter were all Mii costumes back in Smash 4 and are all playable characters or Assist trophies in Ultimate. So counting them out, we still have not yet seen Viridi, Geno, Tails, Heihachi, and Lloyd in physical form in Ultimate.
Viridi appears in reset bomb stage

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tails is still in the background of GHZ and is also a Spirit...but other than that those remaining Mii costume based fighters are having high chances

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Knuckles is still in the background of GHZ and is an Assist Trophy as well.
And that latter reason is why he won’t be playable...same with Shadow (RIP in Peace)...but Tails is still in the running

NNID
Majorasmask66
Did anyone see the new Palutena’s guidance with King K Rool? I liked it but I couldn’t help but notice I think she has a new voice actor who doesn’t sit right with me personally. I mean if Viridi is still well written then it doesn’t matter too much but Hynden Walch did such a great job with her so it’s kind of a shame.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Did anyone see the new Palutena’s guidance with King K Rool? I liked it but I couldn’t help but notice I think she has a new voice actor who doesn’t sit right with me personally. I mean if Viridi is still well written then it doesn’t matter too much but Hynden Walch did such a great job with her so it’s kind of a shame.
For those who didn't see it yet.

Yeah the VA does sound a bit different, but hard to tell

MKtheSecond

Smash Rookie
Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm really happy Palutena's Guidance is back, but that new voice ain't it chief. Maybe she'll sound better in other conversations. Just goes to show that you just can't go changing a character's voice like that. Just not the same. Still hoping she's playable tho.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm really happy Palutena's Guidance is back, but that new voice ain't it chief. Maybe she'll sound better in other conversations. Just goes to show that you just can't go changing a character's voice like that. Just not the same. Still hoping she's playable tho.
the interesting thing is supposidly some of the old ones are redone(like link due to his redesign), but a lot aren't. Would be weird to have 2 different Viridi voices in game

EDIT: More palutenia's guidence footage, and we hear more of Viridi here. It does sound different for sure.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
As Viridi makes her vocal comeback, I will still assume she has a hard on for crush on Pit
the interesting thing is supposidly some of the old ones are redone(like link due to his redesign), but a lot aren't. Would be weird to have 2 different Viridi voices in game

EDIT: More palutenia's guidence footage, and we hear more of Viridi here. It does sound different for sure.

Well we already have 2 different Viridi voices (whether or not it’s from the same actress whom knows), so I suppose we must get used to it

MKtheSecond

Smash Rookie
Just heard the new PG with Chrom. And I gotta say, Viridi’s new voice isn’t TOO bad. Sure it’s no Hynden but I think I can get used to it. But voice aside, now that PG is back, you guys think Viridi’s chances at DLC are any better now that she’s back in the spotlight? I sure hope so!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just heard the new PG with Chrom. And I gotta say, Viridi’s new voice isn’t TOO bad. Sure it’s no Hynden but I think I can get used to it. But voice aside, now that PG is back, you guys think Viridi’s chances at DLC are any better now that she’s back in the spotlight? I sure hope so!
It’d be weird to have her playable and get the basic dlc convo

MKtheSecond

Smash Rookie
It’d be weird to have her playable and get the basic dlc convo
They might do actual conversations for DLC characters this time around since they’re working with less union voice actors. But even if they don’t who really cares at the end of the day.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
They might do actual conversations for DLC characters this time around since they’re working with less union voice actors. But even if they don’t who really cares at the end of the day.
...me and others who would like to hear Pit and crew talk about other characters

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Just a reminder the whole background thing it’s not just Chrom who kills it

There’s a few character who can exist with with a dopplerganger of themselfs

Duck hunt dog on the duck hunt stage is the biggest one

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just a reminder the whole background thing it’s not just Chrom who kills it

There’s a few character who can exist with with a dopplerganger of themselfs

Duck hunt dog on the duck hunt stage is the biggest one
Well one is a full 3D model and the other is an 8-bit sprite

That gets an exception due to Duck Hunt not being allowed to be a stage without the dog and ducks (also there are amici’s that also kill the background thing since...Miis)

TheMisterManGuy

Smash Apprentice
After listening to it, It's clear Viridi was replaced. However, if she was recasted, who is her new voice actress? I want to say Christine Marie Cabanos, the voice of Madoka Kaname, but it's a bit too high pitched to be that. Whoever she is, she's most likely some other non-union anime dub actor from Burbank, since those are the types of people Nintendo has been using a lot lately.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Weird how only the Pits will be keeping their voice actor now that Viridi has been got

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
I believe characters are their voice actors. I don't want to hate on the new voice, but I hate that Viridi was replaced. I don't know why Nintendo is unable to play nice with voice actor unions, but it hurts the overall experience. In fact I'd say the handling of the voice cast has been rough for Smash Ultimate (see Cloud still in Japanese, Palutena in Smash 4 onward, Laura Bailey losing Lucina in other projects but it's still her voice getting reused + no unique lines against Chrom, no new Snake codecs, animal noises for Boswer, DK etc.)

That said I'd still love to see Viridi playable.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
I believe characters are their voice actors. I don't want to hate on the new voice, but I hate that Viridi was replaced. I don't know why Nintendo is unable to play nice with voice actor unions, but it hurts the overall experience. In fact I'd say the handling of the voice cast has been rough for Smash Ultimate (see Cloud still in Japanese, Palutena in Smash 4 onward, Laura Bailey losing Lucina in other projects but it's still her voice getting reused + no unique lines against Chrom, no new Snake codecs, animal noises for Boswer, DK etc.)

Oh boy. You must be going through a lot of beer bottles for the Sonic series.

TheMisterManGuy

Smash Apprentice
After watching more of PG, I'm starting lean more towards Viridi's new voice being Marieve Herington, who was in Love Live! as Honoka Kosaka.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Palutena doesn’t sound bad though

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
Palutena doesn’t sound bad though
She doesn't sound bad at all. I didn't mean to imply that. In fact I played Smash 4 before Uprising, so Palutena in Smash sounds normal to me, but I hated to hear that the original actor lost her role for Smash.

Oh boy. You must be going through a lot of beer bottles for the Sonic series.
I do.

Why can't a single character keep their voice actor!? Sonic has had at least 3 since Adventure!

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She doesn't sound bad at all. I didn't mean to imply that. In fact I played Smash 4 before Uprising, so Palutena in Smash sounds normal to me, but I hated to hear that the original actor lost her role for Smash.

I do.

Why can't a single character keep their voice actor!? Sonic has had at least 3 since Adventure!
Ah, it did suck that Palutena had to be recasted, but atleast she’s good at being a replacement

As for Sonic, guess it’s suppose to represent him getting older or something (just hoping they don’t recast RCS)

MKtheSecond

Smash Rookie
Ok, so some guy on YouTube uploaded the rest of Ultimate’s guidance conversations. Final verdict on Viridi’s new voice: It’s actually pretty good! The King K. Rool and Daisy conversations were easily Viridi’s roughest performances, but the rest are pretty spot on. The new conversations are just as funny and charming as always and I can happily say the new voice didn’t hinder my enjoyment of them!

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so some guy on YouTube uploaded the rest of Ultimate’s guidance conversations. Final verdict on Viridi’s new voice: It’s actually pretty good! The King K. Rool and Daisy conversations were easily Viridi’s roughest performances, but the rest are pretty spot on. The new conversations are just as funny and charming as always and I can happily say the new voice didn’t hinder my enjoyment of them!
Link? Or is it gone already....?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I love Pittoo pretty much getting roasted and/or being curious in being a duo with his superior

RedDragon64

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-8521-4195-4716
So very recently I was convinced by my roommate that Viridi should be in smash ultimate as DLC...
So put me on that supporters list I'm Riding this hype train!!!!!! WOOT WOOT

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Even though we’re likely not getting the dlc treatment if we’re getting shock factor characters, atleast she appears as a spirit, mii costume, background character, and advisor

MrReyes96

Smash Ace
I asked her voice actress on twitter if there’s any chance she will voice her as a fighter and she said “I don’t know but that would be cool! ”

Let’s stay hopeful gang

Top Bottom