• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goddess of Nature, Viridi Support Thread. Hoping for a sequel in less than 25 years

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Even if Viridi doesn't make it in, something I want is this: since classic campaigns are fixed, how cool would it be to have the option for Pit/Pittoo to get commentary from their respective goddess during the classic campaign, like a chapter of uprising?
Something exclusive to the two angels and is even better than the Palutena Guidance...yes please (though tbh Viridi should just commentate for everyone other than Chrom...but her and Pit especially have way too much chemistry with one another, so having her used for only one angel wouldn’t be enough). Curious on how her relationship with Pittoo is after his guidance and ch.22

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I can't shake the feeling that there's more planned for Viridi in Ultimate than just being in the background of Reset Bomb Forest.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Keep that feeling attached to your soul

MKtheSecond

Smash Rookie
If there's one thing we should know full well by now, it's that with Sakurai anything can happen. I wouldn't count her out just yet.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If there's one thing we should know full well by now, it's that with Sakurai anything can happen. I wouldn't count her out just yet.
If he can revive an almost forgotten Nintendo series, make Wii Fit Trainer work as a fighter, and turn Villager into a Killager...Viridi is possible

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I won't lie, part of why I really hope Viridi is playable is that I SO want to Chrom put her AND Palutena on blast for everything that happened in Smash 4.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I won't lie, part of why I really hope Viridi is playable is that I SO want to Chrom put her AND Palutena on blast for everything that happened in Smash 4.
Viridi would only put him back in his place...maybe even lower

MKtheSecond

Smash Rookie
Yeah I really hope we get new Palutena's Guidance conversations in ultimate. We could get some for all the dlc characters in smash 4 and for all the newcomers. That'd be dope!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I saw Viridi have pretty decent results in some polls, so I think she's at least a contender for more of something Ultimate :)
Playable character would be great too. Wouldn't work as an echo, but I'll probably still buy the mii costume if they have it. Still thinking it'd be better to have a magic user mii fighter.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Yeah I really hope we get new Palutena's Guidance conversations in ultimate. We could get some for all the dlc characters in smash 4 and for all the newcomers. That'd be dope!
There’ll definitely be new ones (for characters who are updated like :ultrobin:ultlink:, returning characters like :ultsnake::ultwolf:, and newcomers/dlc characters like :ultinkling:...and especially :ultbayonetta:)

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Viridi would only put him back in his place...maybe even lower
Didn't he fight a dragon god and win?

I saw Viridi have pretty decent results in some polls, so I think she's at least a contender for more of something Ultimate :)
Playable character would be great too. Wouldn't work as an echo, but I'll probably still buy the mii costume if they have it. Still thinking it'd be better to have a magic user mii fighter.
Would she really not work as an Echo? I figured size would be the only issue posed....

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Didn't he fight a dragon god and win?

Would she really not work as an Echo? I figured size would be the only issue posed....

No echo has different sizes, I mean the hurtboxes are the same. And hitboxes too are still related, since palu's height is what allowed for them. They'd consider her more of a clone character if they had to adjust all that stuff.

Cloverlord62

Smash Rookie
Oh boy, please count me in as a supporter! I'd love to see Viridi in Smash Bros Ultimate, I actually voted for her on the balllot for Smash 4 as well-
I'm hoping she's able to get in, even with the Reset Bomb Forest situation... maybe they could have Arlon there instead of Viridi?

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
I support. She is my favorite character in Uprising, and would work pretty perfectly as a Palutena echo.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I support. She is my favorite character in Uprising, and would work pretty perfectly as a Palutena echo.
Whether she’d have to age herself up or not, Viridi would fit in perfectly...also Viridi tied for 2nd best character in Uprising (tied with Hades, and both are behind Pit, then Pandora/Dark Pit/Phosphora/Palutena/Magnus follow in any order)

Cloverlord62

Smash Rookie
I don't think making her an echo fighter would work... besides, she's such a unique character, being the Goddess of Nature, they could definitely come up with a neat moveset for her.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't think making her an echo fighter would work... besides, she's such a unique character, being the Goddess of Nature, they could definitely come up with a neat moveset for her.
Outside of an echo, best she can do is use any powers Palutena no longer uses in this game

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I support. Mainly because Chrom got in, and I want the clone argument to become a clone battle.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I support. Mainly because Chrom got in, and I want the clone argument to become a clone battle.
The only true reason to have both characters in Smash...now the only reason needed

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
tbh that could be said for any Echo, I don't really think it matters. Not that i'd be against it if she was unique (though there would for sure be a lot of people mad).

MKtheSecond

Smash Rookie
Outside of an echo, best she can do is use any powers Palutena no longer uses in this game
Honestly, I think that'd be a big waste of her potential. It's a similar case to Shadow. Yeah, they COULD be echo fighters and they are able to use the same moves as their counterparts, but they both easily have plenty of potential to be completely unique characters (though I do think Shadow should be an echo). But in Viridi's case, she could incorporate the Forces of Nature into her moveset and just in general have a large nature-based moveset that we haven't really seen in Smash before (outside of Ivysaur if he even really counts).

MKtheSecond

Smash Rookie
But if she does end up being a clone of Palutena, I'd be perfectly fine with it. I just want her in damn it lol

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Honestly, I think that'd be a big waste of her potential. It's a similar case to Shadow. Yeah, they COULD be echo fighters and they are able to use the same moves as their counterparts, but they both easily have plenty of potential to be completely unique characters (though I do think Shadow should be an echo). But in Viridi's case, she could incorporate the Forces of Nature into her moveset and just in general have a large nature-based moveset that we haven't really seen in Smash before (outside of Ivysaur if he even really counts).
Don’t think Viridi would want to sacrifice her children, and having to let go of many of Palutena’s best customs would be a massive waste...I need Heavenly Light and Lightweight back

Cloverlord62

Smash Rookie
Don’t think Viridi would want to sacrifice her children, and having to let go of many of Palutena’s best customs would be a massive waste...I need Heavenly Light and Lightweight back
Heavenly Light would be weird to see Viridi using... might just be me, but still, I mean, the goddess of nature calling down light? Isn't that Palutena's job, anyways?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Heavenly Light would be weird to see Viridi using... might just be me, but still, I mean, the goddess of nature calling down light? Isn't that Palutena's job, anyways?
Tbf, both Palutena and Viridi (and also Pit if you’d wanna throw him in there aswell) can use every power regardless of what it is (even though it would be a tad bit weird to see the Goddess of Nature, it would be better than throwing that power away...plus it’s more fitting than Dark Pit almost using the Three Sacred Treasures)

CleverDan

Smash Cadet
I'd love to see Viridi in Smash. She got a Mii costume and seemed to be the most popular Kid Icarus character on the Source Gaming ballot poll, but different polls will put Viridi, Medusa, or Hades as the most requested Kid Icarus character.

(or Sakurai could give us all 3 for a total of 6 Kid Icarus characters. It would never happen but I'd be happy with it. I think a lot of people would get upset though.)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
(or Sakurai could give us all 3 for a total of 6 Kid Icarus characters. It would never happen but I'd be happy with it. I think a lot of people would get upset though.)
They would have to suck it up then

Swaggy-G

Smash Apprentice
I just had a dream that Viridi was revealed as a Bowser Jr. skin. The clown car was instead some sort of chariot. Don't ask me how that makes sense.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just had a dream that Viridi was revealed as a Bowser Jr. skin. The clown car was instead some sort of chariot. Don't ask me how that makes sense.
Honestly I would take anything if it meant a playable Viridi

KirbyMonadoBoy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shulkinator
I absolutely love Viridi and all her cheeky conversations in Kid Icarus Uprasing. However, I am 98% certain it's too late, she won't be a playable figher in Smash Ultimate. There are already 3 Kid Icarus reps and unless there is a new game, I doubt we will get more fighters. And of course Reset Bomb Forest practically disconfirms her, she is suited to this stage and it is highly unlikely she will get a replacement (Hades?) like Toon Link (Alfonzo) in the Spirit Tracks stage.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I absolutely love Viridi and all her cheeky conversations in Kid Icarus Uprasing. However, I am 98% certain it's too late, she won't be a playable figher in Smash Ultimate. There are already 3 Kid Icarus reps and unless there is a new game, I doubt we will get more fighters. And of course Reset Bomb Forest practically disconfirms her, she is suited to this stage and it is highly unlikely she will get a replacement (Hades?) like Toon Link (Alfonzo) in the Spirit Tracks stage.
The Reset Bomb Forest stage is nothing but a recreation made by Viridi herself so that she can admire her greatest work ever

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
I support. I not only want another KI character, but I want a villain too. And Viridi is both. makes sense to add her. And if you technically count her as an antihero, that's cool too. Antiheros/half-heroes/antagonists are just as common as straight up villains. King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bayo, Mewtwo, and even Bowser have appeared or can be taken as antiheroes or simply antagonized characters.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I support. I not only want another KI character, but I want a villain too. And Viridi is both. makes sense to add her. And if you technically count her as an antihero, that's cool too. Antiheros/half-heroes/antagonists are just as common as straight up villains. King Dedede, Meta Knight, Bayo, Mewtwo, and even Bowser have appeared or can be taken as antiheroes or simply antagonized characters.
I wouldn’t say Bayonetta fits any role other than a hero considering angles, demons, and gods are all evil in some ****ed up way while witches were murdered and very few are left (at the worst, there’s probably no actual hero or villain in her world other than Luka)

MKtheSecond

Smash Rookie
I don't know man. There's one big thing that Kid Icarus has going for it that a lot of people seem to overlook. And that's the fact that Sakurai made the game. And it's clear that he loves it, what with all the representation it gets in Smash. Palutena's Guidance, all the items and stages, and if you recall the Kid Icarus cast was a big part of Bayonetta's reveal too.

With all that in mind, I feel like we're gonna get one new KI rep at minimum. And I personally believe it'll be Viridi. Sakurai could've easily left her out of Palutena's Guidance entirely, but he went ahead and made her a pretty big part of it (That's an extra voice actress he's gotta pay lol). And out of all the KI characters he could've used, he went with making a Mii costume of Viridi. The Reset Bomb stage is based off of her debut chapter in Uprising as well.

And finally, there's the whole "Reset Bomb stage deconfirms her" argument which I think is nonsense if I'm being honest. If she were being played on the stage, she could be replaced with Arlon, one of her army's commanders and one of the bosses in the game. Or you could make things even easier and just not have the projection show up at all. I just don't think background stage elements are viable reasons to deconfirm certain characters. Like with Toon Link or even Captain Toad.

Alright, I'm done ranting. If you couldn't tell I REALLY want her in the game lol

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't know man. There's one big thing that Kid Icarus has going for it that a lot of people seem to overlook. And that's the fact that Sakurai made the game. And it's clear that he loves it, what with all the representation it gets in Smash. Palutena's Guidance, all the items and stages, and if you recall the Kid Icarus cast was a big part of Bayonetta's reveal too.

With all that in mind, I feel like we're gonna get one new KI rep at minimum. And I personally believe it'll be Viridi. Sakurai could've easily left her out of Palutena's Guidance entirely, but he went ahead and made her a pretty big part of it (That's an extra voice actress he's gotta pay lol). And out of all the KI characters he could've used, he went with making a Mii costume of Viridi. The Reset Bomb stage is based off of her debut chapter in Uprising as well.

And finally, there's the whole "Reset Bomb stage deconfirms her" argument which I think is nonsense if I'm being honest. If she were being played on the stage, she could be replaced with Arlon, one of her army's commanders and one of the bosses in the game. Or you could make things even easier and just not have the projection show up at all. I just don't think background stage elements are viable reasons to deconfirm certain characters. Like with Toon Link or even Captain Toad.

Alright, I'm done ranting. If you couldn't tell I REALLY want her in the game lol
Bonus addition: people also instantly thought Dark Pit was deconfirmed due to his appearance in Palutena’s trailer and no gameplay shown of him (as well as how many people lost hope for Mewtwo to return to Smash due to Greninja and his trophy showing up...then his dlc announcement happened)

Top Bottom