• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gliding is now officially broken

iron blade

Smash Ace
0_0 That means Pit can do that too! Do you ever stop if you glide sideways without moving up and down?

DRaGZ

Smash Champion
That was awesome.

But yeah, I don't see why that's broken.

^ Mambo, Gliders like Metaknight are helpless while they are gliding, so they can pretty much get pummeled as they jollifully fly around. Also, they have terrible landing lag.

Professor X

Smash Apprentice
The circling may not be useful, but what is interesting to me is how he pumps Meta Knight up and down vertically to recover momentum in the glide. Great videos.

Magnacor

Smash Ace
To the people who said this wouldn't be useful, what if you had a small amount of time on the clock and you just circle the bottom of the stage and stall for the rest of the game.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Stalling a match IS somewhat worrisome, especially in light of all the online Smash League stuff in development, where there would be no moderator of any kind to decide whether or not what someone is doing is legal. Sure, you could ban such and such sorts of stalls (ala Peach bombserstall in Melee), but that leads to some pretty extreme gray area. I hear that Ike can ledgestall infinitely by making use of the autosweetspot and the superarmor frames on his up+b and there's nothing that can be done about it. Obviously I don't know if there is truly no way to interrupt it since I haven't played it but it could still lead to some pretty stupid situations in an online league match. I've also seen Pit under Smashville from edge to edge, seemingly faster than his opponent could catch him.

This is assuming that the matches will be set to stock WITH a time limit, as they were in Melee. Perhaps we'll just do away with the time limit in some situations, which would pretty much solve that problem.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
That wasn't the Hyrule Jump...that was like...the Hyrule...Fly Around?

It was still cool. Charizard! :laugh:

MasterCheeze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasterCheeze
3DS FC
0688-5933-2030
It may not be that useful considering every character can get back to the stage easier than previous games, but it's still awesome.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Stalling a match IS somewhat worrisome, especially in light of all the online Smash League stuff in development, where there would be no moderator of any kind to decide whether or not what someone is doing is legal. Sure, you could ban such and such sorts of stalls, but that leads to some pretty extreme gray area.

I hear that Ike can ledgestall infinitely by making use of the autosweetspot and the superarmor frames on his up+b and there's nothing that can be done about it. Obviously I don't know if there is truly no way to interrupt it since I haven't played it but it could still lead to some pretty stupid situations in an online league match.
It can probably be interrupted by projectiles or spawning ex. Dedede's waddles, Peaches turnips, diddy's bananas etc.

Also at 1 minute left in a match, and if I have 2 stock and you have 1... stalling by using glide would be a good idea for me...

billywill

Smash Journeyman
omg i can imagine douche bags doing this on wifi to stall matches

Top Bottom