• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Giving Brawl+ a unique look: Modifying the CSS and other menus

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'd like it to be swapped with the dark background... I think it's the Target Test one?

Krobat

Smash Rookie
Agreed, that white backround is so plain jane, and killer on the retinas.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Is this whole thing possible for PAL? I've heard CSS changes doesn't work for PAL, confirm this please? (I hope this is not true though)

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
Here's my contribution.

Doesn't go towards B+, just something nice. >:3 This took HOURS to do due to editing the pictures.

I don't think the intro is able to be edited yet. When it is I'll have one waiting.

Picture requests could take a while. Certain pictures have to be edited or else they come out...bad.
DUDE. DOWNLOAD. PLEASE. THAT IS AMAZING. i love you. <3 lol

Plaid02

Smash Apprentice
Ok, sorry if I'm not supposed to bring up something this old, but I liked the idea in this thread and thought I would contribute...

By telling Zephron to do stuff for me. The end result was a really awesome B+ related strap loader. He posted it on KC-MM here. You may notice there is also a gecko background. He's going to make another icon soon too; the one he made kinda clashed with the homebrew bg because it was bright red. Anyway, I think this should be included in the brawl+ download pack. It tells about buffer and it's taken word for word off of brawlplus.net. So yeah.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Last time I played Brawl+ 5.0, I checked to see if the buffer-handicap thing still happened, but there was no difference whether it was on 0 or 300. I saw codes for it in the .txt, but there was no effect on the gameplay. But seriously, if I'm wrong tell me, because there was no difference in buffer at all.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
So you guys, you can modify all the menu2 files now.
Someone make me a Brawl+ title screen and ill make a vid on youtube.
Or at least someone get me links to the art.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
So you guys, you can modify all the menu2 files now.
Someone make me a Brawl+ title screen and ill make a vid on youtube.
Or at least someone get me links to the art.
What does the menu2 folder have again?

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
Dang yall doing a great job Keep up the good work.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Intro still not replaceable I bet. Either way, title screen and My music hype!

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Bumping due to me agreeing with this guy.
Oh?

I'm sorry, you want the DL for the images? You'd have to inject them into your common5.pac.

Also: I tried editing the Hue so I could have team images of those costumes, but they freeze. Dunno why.

Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to doing DK, Diddy, and Peach, so here's Mario Luigi Yoshi and Bowser. The Wario one I did came out wierd. Also the Brawl+ logo. You can replace the Brawl logo where the teams switcher is. And some more pics too.

(This was not meant to offend anyone, it was made as a joke.)

Notice the + on the bottom of the Slash when I choose Mario.

And here's a LOL for you. OPRAH JOINS THE BRAWLRLALWRL.

For now, here's the link to the cut Brawl+ logo so you can replace the teams switcher Brawl logo at the top left like I did.
http://i37.tinypic.com/33as3v7.png

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Great work. Smashbox can be used to inject the images into the common5.pac. But since I haven't edited my CSPs yet, can you post the DL to the common5.pac you use?

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
Well my CSP pack is the one from Wolf of Ice's, excluding the ones I deleted/edited of course. But sure, I'll get that for ya.

Edit: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KJD3RBXW
tried loading it up, doesn't seem to be doing anything. I think my custom CSS is ****ing with it, can anyone using the Custom CSS + B+5.0 .gct see if it will work with them as well? If so then I'm doing it wrong =\

SuperFudgeChoco

Smash Apprentice
pf > system > common5.pac?
that's where I've got it in and it will work when I unload my custom CSS, so I've confirmed that is the problem. Now we just need a custom CSS code that supports common5.pac's. BTW if I take your common5.pac file and open it in SmashBox would I be able to change out your CSPs for my own? If not how would one go about doing so?

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
There is no way the updater can inject anything to common5/menu2, but stuff that is made and uploaded can go anywhere I choose on the SD card. So for menu2 stuff I can update the file list accordingly when everything's out & approved by the WBR.

RPGsFTW

Smash Ace
TGYMK, If I am remembering correctly, a psd stands for Photo Shop Display (?), which is Photo Shop's file type for re-editing an image in Photo shop.

Top Bottom