• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuki

Smash Apprentice
Heads up to Gimpyfish.
I've been thinking a lot about the ability to Air dodge and then attack. it gives a lot of space for new techniques like short-hop airdodge neutral A to reject ones attack. Its like a superfast shieldjump. A lot of thanks for all the info please make more vids. Salut!

D

Deleted member

^Yes children. Patience.
By the time a new one comes out I'll be reading translated impressions from people who have played the Japanese release...I think he's a little too late now to garner the kind of traffic he would have gotten if he would have done this earlier. No offense to Gimpy, I love what he's doing but by the time he does these videos all of his info will be old news.

festizzio

Smash Champion
By the time a new one comes out I'll be reading translated impressions from people who have played the Japanese release...I think he's a little too late now to garner the kind of traffic he would have gotten if he would have done this earlier. No offense to Gimpy, I love what he's doing but by the time he does these videos all of his info will be old news.
Nobody said you had to watch them lol...

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
nor did i claim that the entire purpose of this is new information, its meant to be a source of entertainment as well, and it isn't solely about brawl, as you'll see in the next stuff i'm planning. these are just a look at things from a competitive player, if you dont want to watch or anything than dont *shrug*

D

Deleted member

nor did i claim that the entire purpose of this is new information, its meant to be a source of entertainment as well, and it isn't solely about brawl, as you'll see in the next stuff i'm planning. these are just a look at things from a competitive player, if you dont want to watch or anything than dont *shrug*
Nor did I say that was your claim. But most of the people that I know who were watching this thread were doing it for new information and I'm just informing people expecting such.

tw1n

Smash Champion
That new coin launcher game looks kick ***. With that said...

...WHERE THE HECK IS GIMPY WITH ANYTHING? Come one Gimpy. Even just a sign of life from you in this thread

Dub. G

Smash Rookie
Thanks

Thanks for the Brawl talks. They've really helped on what is next to come for Brawl before it comes out. It sucks that we have to wait a month and a half before it comes out. WHY MUST WE WAIT?? i bet it for good use, like last minute fixes, add in characters such as Marth and Dr Mario (thats what im hoping), and other stuff. Peace.
WG (Dub. G)

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
i love super smash bros
Yes, that seems likely the case, as you've joined the
Smash World Forums, SmashBoards! Your love for
this fighting franchise will be very much apretiated
over these boards, and you will be recieved in the
open arms of the nice user arround these places.

Everyone wants to know alot from you, stuff like
"what do you like about it?" or "wich game did you
mean?". Some people might consider that it is
needed to state such in a post on the boards.

If it's the stages you love, you'll enjoy a wide
array of topics and threads about them, try
making your own stage ideas, working them
out or give your own two cents on the stages.

It could be characters you "love" about the
game, and I'd definately agree with you.
My favourite character is Mario, and I think
alot of people want to know your "main".
That's a SmashBoards term for "Main
Character". You'll find alot of new and funny
terms arround here.

I hope you enjoy your stay, and learn from
your experience here. I'd love to hear from
you again some time. Have a good one!

Welcome to SmashBoards.

See, that's better then saying: "OMG TROLL"

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
Yes, that seems likely the case, as you've joined the
Smash World Forums, SmashBoards! Your love for
this fighting franchise will be very much apretiated
over these boards, and you will be recieved in the
open arms of the nice user arround these places.

Everyone wants to know alot from you, stuff like
"what do you like about it?" or "wich game did you
mean?". Some people might consider that it is
needed to state such in a post on the boards.

If it's the stages you love, you'll enjoy a wide
array of topics and threads about them, try
making your own stage ideas, working them
out or give your own two cents on the stages.

It could be characters you "love" about the
game, and I'd definately agree with you.
My favourite character is Mario, and I think
alot of people want to know your "main".
That's a SmashBoards term for "Main
Character". You'll find alot of new and funny
terms arround here.

I hope you enjoy your stay, and learn from
your experience here. I'd love to hear from
you again some time. Have a good one!

Welcome to SmashBoards.

See, that's better then saying: "OMG TROLL"
wth?!?! :laugh:you sound like a commercial for smashboards. lol

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
That's pretty obviously a joke. He's posted today, and his status has been like that for a week.

Plus he's got 62 points...
^^^ the chums right <_< gimpyfish is a mod who can change his title duh if he was banned he couldnt post anything. thats why the PA Player Finder got shut down the user got banned at the thread closed.

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
well Gimpy, sorry to contradict you here.. But you make a series (or one) of videos called "Insert name of a game that hasn't come out yet Talk", people expect to talk about a game that has not come out yet. As entertaining as it can be (and the first episode really is fun, I enjoyed much) most of it is new info.. why? because the game hasn't come out yet!

You don't need to justify the fact that you didn't make the other episodes because there purpose wasn't to give out new info..

I'll still watch them, but as the person you were responding too said, Brawl talk's objective will be solely entertainment, not new info.. Because by the time you release the new episode random japanese people will be able to tell us everything we want to know.. Which is already possible to some extent being that after Jump festa you're no longer one of the last people that played the game..

No offence to you, jsut wanted to substain his point..

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
I'll still watch them, but as the person you were responding too said, Brawl talk's objective will be solely entertainment, not new info.. Because by the time you release the new episode random japanese people will be able to tell us everything we want to know.. Which is already possible to some extent being that after Jump festa you're no longer one of the last people that played the game..

uh, huh? japanese people cant tell us anything unless you want to translate it <_< i know japanese. The get it Jan 24th, and we get it Feb. 10th, for them to beat it tell us everything anyone want to know, we'd have the game before they got done telling us.

Colino

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MrColino
uh, huh? japanese people cant tell us anything unless you want to translate it <_< i know japanese. The get it Jan 24th, and we get it Feb. 10th, for them to beat it tell us everything anyone want to know, we'd have the game before they got done telling us.
would it take you 2 weeks to beat SSE and at least tell everyone what the starting roster is? I doubt it..

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
well Gimpy, sorry to contradict you here.. But you make a series (or one) of videos called "Insert name of a game that hasn't come out yet Talk", people expect to talk about a game that has not come out yet. As entertaining as it can be (and the first episode really is fun, I enjoyed much) most of it is new info.. why? because the game hasn't come out yet!

You don't need to justify the fact that you didn't make the other episodes because there purpose wasn't to give out new info..

you are telling me the point of my own thing here. I'm not justifying not making other episodes because other episodes are coming and I already briefly explained that.

the purpose of this THREAD is "new info", the part of the videos that could be considered "new info" is the part EXPLAINING IN FURTHER DETAIL what is already here, in this thread.

I'm sorry, but the purpose is NOT new info, sorry.

Wrath`

Smash Master
Taking a break from updating, wowz, hwo hard is it to put some info into a computer, i din't think it was hard enough to have to take a break from it.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Man Iv'e been waiting for something like this for a while. Thanks Gimpy.

otter

Smash Ace
Everything about this game is looking really, really good. Especially the addition of super armor, the most important piece in giving the big guys a glimmer of hope in smash. My understanding of super armor is that is gives strong but slow characters a chance to land move with high startup by ignoring hits from a fast and weak character. This is obviously vital because if these two character types strike at the same time, mr strong but slow simply can not win. He will get hit during his large startup. This is really boring, and really Melee. I am really excited there is a solution.

Everything seems great until you say "Yoshi DID keep his super armor during his double jump"....Yoshi!? Now im just confused. Do all characters have super armor? Fast and weak characters should have to work to get thier combos in and be in fear of a DK slap to the face, not immune to it.

Now I'm not partial to any type of character and plan on maining Pit, but big guys in general need a big buff to make the game more fun and balanced overall. Hopefully I'm just mistaken....:urg:

tw1n

Smash Champion
Haha Gimpy mindgames. Last I noticed people got banned after 5 points. If he were to hit 62 he would have to go to each moderators house and punch them in the face while spraypainting Gimpyfish For SWF President on their car and house.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Haha Gimpy mindgames. Last I noticed people got banned after 5 points. If he were to hit 62 he would have to go to each moderators house and punch them in the face while spraypainting Gimpyfish For SWF President on their car and house.
and that is exactly what i did.

GIMPYFISH FOR SWF PRESIDENT! lol

i'll have a few little splotches of info coming out this next week, i'll try and record a brawl talk or 2 but i dont know if i can get them online before the 6th, i'll do my best though

but the recording itself is looking promising

EDIT: just in case you are curious, here's something interesting I've got going on right now...
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=133378

tw1n

Smash Champion
Gimpy for SWF president! So a possibility of bowser Jr huh? That would be pretty interesting lol. Imagine Gimpy having a faster but slightly weaker version of his char... scary

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
Gimpy, i'd just like to applaud your detail and preciseness to this topic. if it was me, id be going "i went to e for all" you are a good smash.... person and i give you the Glitchmasters' seal of awesome. btw, i voted for you... a lot. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom