• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
watch the announcement then listen to the podcasts, there wasn't a podcast this weekend and i dont think i'll have time to make another one over thanksgiving break, but i'll try to get one up shortly after.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
So, maybe I just missed this, but...

weren't you supposed to be able to bounce off of each others heads? Did anyone...do or talk about that during this demo?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move

weren't you supposed to be able to bounce off of each others heads? Did anyone...do or talk about that during this demo?
We tried it but it was awkward, we couldn't really get it to work whenever we wanted. I think Gimpy said he had figured out how it worked but it wasnt something that was seeing alot of use.

Igneous42

Smash Ace

I got it off a couple times with pit. Never in the air though (like he was jumping and I jumped on him), I dunno how piratical it will be outside of using it as a meteor smash.

Lightning Ice

Smash Journeyman
Oh yes.

Did anyone point out that Nana and Mario are doing it on the Dojo?

I haven't noticed anybody say that yet, and I get around these forums rather well.
Yeah, it seems like he started adding pictures of characters tripping after the demo. Maybe to confirm that it is not a glitch and they know of it's existence.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Yeah, it seems like he started adding pictures of characters tripping after the demo. Maybe to confirm that it is not a glitch and they know of it's existence.
Well both Yoshi and Mario have been seen using it in videos which the game developers made.

And it has it's own animation, so it wasn't a glitch in the first page.

So it's almost definitely a normal Technique. We'll most likely get an Update of it sooner or later.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Has anyone considered that tripping is perhaps something you DON'T want to do? A techniqe you want to avoid which may occur from either too much dash dancing or buttom mashing? Just throwing that idea out since it seems no one could find a reliable way to ink drop/trip.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
You didn't mention it, but is Peachs Dsmash nerfed in range as well? Some people have been saying that the range is now her feet instead of her dress.

Also, you could charge smash attacks with the C-stick in Melee (using Z).

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
You didn't mention it, but is Peachs Dsmash nerfed in range as well? Some people have been saying that the range is now her feet instead of her dress.

Also, you could charge smash attacks with the C-stick in Melee (using Z).
Yeah, but you couldn't charge by just holding the c stick in a direction, which is waht i think gimpyfish means.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
ink dropping WAS tripping, the cancel would've been an ink drop cancel

sheesh
Thanks for clearing that up. It seems a litte confusing though in your description:

Tripping – Alright so to make your character trip and/or cancel out the trip you… well… to be honest we have no idea! We experimented and we couldn't really find a way to reliably make this happen. After day one we were sure that you could dash pivot by canceling the tripping animation, but we don't know for sure. This one eluded us for now, oh well. It'll probably be in the instruction manual or something.

My question Gimpyfish62, did anyone actually cancel out of a trip? Canceling the tripping animation... does this mean someone did it or are you hypothesizing?

EDIT: Please be gentle... I just found the official thread. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=121602

retro gamer 6

Smash Journeyman
awesome descriptions man. i find meta knights very helpful. i'm also glad that fox has been nerfed down. i don't think he deserved to be in a high tier. i may have a chance now. go kirby, mk, and sonic!

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey Gimpyfish, are you answering anymore questions? Or anyone who knows..

I wanted to know how fast characters move horizontally in the air when jumping out of a dash. More specifically, for sonic. Does he go as fast as his dash, like cpt. Falcon?
I think pikachu also kept his horizontal speed when jumping out of a dash... Sheik didn't. do you know what I mean?

Witchking_of_Angmar

Smash Lord
Slowly starting to enjoy my mothertongue again. :)
Hey GimpyFish, are you answering anymore questions? Or anyone who knows..

I wanted to know how fast characters move horizontally in the air when jumping out of a dash. More specifically, for sonic. Does he go as fast as his dash, like cpt. Falcon?
I think pikachu also kept his horizontal speed when jumping out of a dash... Sheik didn't. do you know what I mean?
You capitalized the F, he's gonna jump you now, or just ignore you.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
You capitalized the F, he's gonna jump you now, or just ignore you.
Hey Gimpyfish, are you answering anymore questions? Or anyone who knows..

Fixed.

Id really like to know the answer.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but it stuck me as something SOMEONE would try eventually. did anyone try using Fox's reflector on a projectile FS? (like mario's or samus's?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom