• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
im just interested, what makes bowser your favorite gimpy?
bowser's shining personality of course!

it all started with super mario rpg then paper mario and paper mario 2 and now super paper mario

all of the sports games and karts just added

then every mario bros game

just everything about bowser is amazingly awesome

how can you not love him?

Bowser Smasher

Smash Cadet

it all started with super mario rpg then paper mario and paper mario 2 and now super paper mario

You mean with all the BowserxPeach going on? Agreed. Everyone luffs him, right? (Plumbers hate him, though. XP)

Gimpy, how is Bowser's aerial L-tilt hard to hit with?

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex

Bowser used to be my pick in all Mario games where you could pick him (Like Sport Marios, Kart and stuff like that) but then I changed, as soon as I saw this character I knew I liked him more than Bowser, Baby Bowser, (Bowser Jr. W/E) Now I always pick Baby Bowser when I can, hes the best!

(Note: I've always like picking the tiny version of stuff, my favorite alternate Melee in Melee is Tiny Melee with Tiny Mushrooms on Very High and I pick Bowser!, or someone with some "holdable projectile" which seems huge {like Link's bombs}, :p)

phate

Smash Apprentice
I loved bowser actually being playable in mario rpg, although it sucks that he had less attack than mario and less defense than peach with their lame lazy shells. Bowser has always been my favorite game character along with diddy kong, so I'm glad things are looking up for them in brawl.

Thank you gimpyfish and any other people who helped you out I loved reading the new info on character, stages, techniques and all of that.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
in 18 days this thread had 200,000 views

that makes 11,111.111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111 views per day LOL

EDIT: i'm still doing video blogs in case you'd forgotten, but i dont know when they will be available *shrug*

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
When i realized Bowser was just the victim of Mario's communist scheme to overthrow his true monarchy, i started liking him a lot more too.

BrianM

Smash Journeyman
"Link seems to run faster in brawl, and most of his moves activate faster. Overall Link got a nice speed buff, but his up b saw an unfortunate nerf. His projectiles also have a few different properties. Link's overall speed has increase, he seems to have kept his priority, and he may even have more range on some of his moves.

Link's speed has been buffed, which is a very good thing."

A little bit repetitive, don't you think Gimpy?

Dr.Z

Smash Cadet

Bowser is by far one of the most patient villians ever. A bit dumb-founded, but certainly persistant.

D

Deleted member

How do you c-stick or adjust Bowser's fire with just the Wiimote?
Let's hope third-time is a charm...can you please answer this if you know Gimpy? This is the only question I've ever asked and I'm really curious since I plan on playing Bowser but I will not be using the GameCube controller (or the Classic).

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
i dont know how to angle the firebreath with the wii-mote

*shrug*

probably with up and down lol

you might be able to angle firebreat with the control stick even on the regular controllers but i dunno

Ouendanation

Smash Ace
Hey, Gimpy, regarding the Saki assist trophy, does he have updated graphics, or is it kind of blocky like this:

(I made this myself. EVeryone, feel free to use it if you want.)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
no *sigh* you cant escape from his throws in that sense, i mean you can avoid the 2nd klaw even landing most likely

you can still escape from all grabs the same as in melee as well, all the normal grabs anyways (theres no way to escape from bowsers once it hits you)

the graphics look good, but he looks like a "girl with a gun"

thats how i described her in my notes anwyays lol

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Video blog isnt trendy enough for this day and age. I suggest we change the title to Vlog instead.

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
Pretty good Gimpy.

I think I might actually main Mario this time around unless Geno gets tossed in. Dr. Mario was my secondary in Melee, so I actually have a reason for using him if he is top tier >_>.

It's kind of scary thinking about how good you are going to do with a buffed up Boozer. But now that his Up-B is nerfed are you going to keep your tag Up-B or change it to something else?

LemonKing

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea what it refers to then >_>

I always figured it referred to the fortress because it was Bowser's fastest move and had good knock back.

What does it refer to then?

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
b-up actually refers to zelda AND luigi (64 luigi no less haha)

when i was a super noob and didn't know anything advanced i was playing with some friends and zelda got hit pretty far off the level and used her up b to get back to the stage

we were all impressed by the distance she recovered from and a friend of mine said "wow, zelda's got nice b-ups"

as jr highers, or just out of jr highers, we obviously found this purely hilarious. shortly thereafter we were playing 64 smash and i always land luigi's b-up well, but couldn't really do much else with him, so i started getting b-up

then i changed my tag to b-up

then ironically the fortress has become easily my most used move and the best move for bowser overall

so there you have it, therse a story behind my name and my tag

fancy eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom