• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimpyfish's Brawl Impressions - Brawl Talk Episode 1 Added

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Wow.

Oh, and say hi to SF2 HD Rebalanced mode while you're at it, kiddo.

Wow, no idea who I am, but you clearly remember the situation given your response -- and I wasn't even specific.

That was a cute try though.

-SynikaL

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
These character updates feel Sakuraish. Waiting one day at a time for each character. Don't take this wrong though, Gimpyfish has a very awesome detailed analysis of the E for All Brawl Demo, the advanced, techniques, and the characters and everything. Very awesome detailed character info, I look forward for each one.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
not every "nerd" is cool in real life and not every "nerd" does the crazy evil tyrant manuever online

this thread is about brawl though amirite?

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I do humbly agree with your view on social plagerism in societies off beat suburban unorthadoxed obliteration of the propaganda surrounded media.
LMAO, Pete. You must've gotten that from someplace, cuz' that kinda makes sense!

-SynikaL

Kimosabae

Smash Journeyman
not every "nerd" is cool in real life and not every "nerd" does the crazy evil tyrant manuever online
Come, now. No one likes a pedantic. I was merely illustrating a point in poetic fashion.

this thread is about brawl though amirite?
urrite. Amazing job with everything.

-SynikaL
(eh, sorry for the double post)

Zink

Smash Champion
These character updates feel Sakuraish. Waiting one day at a time for each character. Don't take this wrong though, Gimpyfish has a very awesome detailed analysis of the E for All Brawl Demo, the advanced, techniques, and the characters and everything. Very awesome detailed character info, I look forward for each one.
yeah some of them are starting fan clubs for the tyrants...
(hint <<<<)
Who's next? Is there an order? I like how you relate the old characters' power to Melee ability.

Cort

Apple Head
Shine is a lot easier to type than reflector.

Isai loses.

GIMPYFISH EDIT:

i dont even have anything else to say i just wanted to edit your post for no reason

is that mod abuse?

OFFICIAL SWF BUSINESS FOLKS.

reflector = shine

projectiles that get reflected = reflectiles too, and dont you forget it.
Yes, I know that shine is Reflector, and have known for...years. I just asked why people started to call it shine. It's not even what I would call a 'shine'. A shine is more like...grabbing a Star.

Cort

Apple Head
I feel so violated!

edit// I'm pretty sure the shine stemmed from the 1P mode community, as babelfish translated Fox's "reflector" to "shine".

So it's the Japanese's fault!

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
*reads post # 2021* *Has a massive outbreak of laughing because of the second half of it*

Anyways...

Looks great so far. Also, notice how people who insisted on calling the 'Ink drop' something else kept on using the term 'shine'? Although being called tripping will calm things down.

Nice updates.... Although... Are you saving Bowser for last? ;( That would be... normal of you, actually.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Why do you refer to Fox's down special as a 'shine'?
It's the name given by the Smash community to the down B. It's way easier to say than reflector, too, which might be half the reason. Reflector-spike is longer to say than shine-spike (or wavereflector vs. waveshine), and we all know how lazy gamers can be at times. :D

Edit: Tons of people that know more beat me to it. Stupid stepping away for a few minutes.

Also, Gimpyfish is awesome. Next time some idiot makes a "gimpyfish sucks" thread, I say we hijack it and make it a secondary "Gimpyfish rules" thread.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
next time anyone says anything bad about me in any way i'm just goin to edit it so it says "i love gimpyfish"

yep.

ATTN OTHER MODS:

IT WAS A JOKE CALM DOWN geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

Zink

Smash Champion
yeah, shine is easier to say AND type. plus saying "reflectorspike!" is super lame.
although isai has a point wait no he doesn't, precedence > random hijacks.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Fox did his up b at an angle towards the ledge from UNDERNEATH the stage, and ON HIS WAY UP Fox sweet spotted and grabbed the ledge. It’s a nice little feature for Fox indeed, although it seems like most characters have a different type of sweet spot anyways.

I can do this w/ Falco in Melee

Zink

Smash Champion
oh yeah, anyone who accuses me of brownosing will be met with swift punishment. i've been a gimpy fan since SCC. this is the ORIGINAL fanclub.

Repryx

Smash Champion
lolz Cheapness no more cheap battle field kills from fox...Of course every1 will be picking pit, Sonic and Meta (and sometimes Chuck Norris)

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
I'm picking Yoshi, Bowser, and am going to use Ike as my 'express unlocker' (Don't ask, Ike fans would kill me if they knew what I meant!). Probably mess around as King Dedede... Then go look around here to see how quickly I can lose in an online Bowser ditto!

So no, not 'everyone' is going is going to be picking Pit, Sonic, and Meta, though a lot of people will pick the later two at first. AT FIRST... But in the end, I assure you there will probably be at least 10 different characters used in the metagame. So far it doesn't seem like it'll be a Fox, Falco, and Shiek central game.

Almost forgot, we found a way to unlock Chuck Norris, so everyone will pick him! What you do is beat Gimpyfish in a Bowser ditto with your eyes closed, a sole wiimote in the air with only one foot, and extremely tired/drunk. Then you can unlock him and roundhouse kick everyone to death!

Repryx

Smash Champion
Ekaru Im one of those Ike Fans...wanna clarify.

BTW If you insult Ike you are an extraneous variable and therefore not everyone or anyone

Gimpy is too (Insert random word here)

Repryx

Smash Champion
he means he will use Ike solely to unlock stuff in 1P mode, duh.
Impossibles???

EDIT: Simply cuz Ike is a mercenary I can view him being unlockable w/ something cheesy like Greil Mercenaries @ your service. Ike charges the battle field (Leaving behind his annoying little sister)

Eltrotraw

Smash Journeyman
I can do this w/ Falco in Melee

So you can make Falco do an up+b like this(red arrow) AND catch the ledge without having to turn around from it?

It's possible to automatically catch the ledge with an up+b in a motion like that without having to turn around at all(in Brawl, anyway). You could have been reflected by Mario's cape and STILL catch the ledge now thanks to the new ledge grabbing system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom