• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gimping Ivysaur

Aveean

Purple Yoshi Double Dunker
Yes, ivy is easy to gimp...but little do many smashers know...Ivysaur is pretty good at gimping the other characters too ;D.

PT Mains struggle with things like this a lot, but if you want to main the most creative and fun character in the game, you have to learn to deal with his weaknesses =)

Altaz Link

Smash Apprentice
Yes, ivy is easy to gimp...but little do many smashers know...Ivysaur is pretty good at gimping the other characters too ;D.

PT Mains struggle with things like this a lot, but if you want to main the most creative and fun character in the game, you have to learn to deal with his weaknesses =)
Ivy is considering that they have to DI more cause of his chain recover.

TheFast

Smash Lord
No "insert charater (named ness) here" is easyer to gimp than us. Just because we have bad recovery doesnt mean we are easy to gimp. I play a good PT i do gimp him rather alot but i feel i end up gimping Ness players more. Maybe its just cuz Ness is always ness while PT is 3 different peolpe.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
i don't see how anyone can be surprised by this. i mean its pretty much true outside mayyyybe olimar and like someone else said, ness isn't too hard either

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Getting around that is easy. It's called "don't get hit", if you haven't heard of it. There is also "Take Ivy away from high percent and ledges".

TheFast

Smash Lord
An all around bad recovery but i dont think shes the easiest to gimp. I dont consider it a gimp if I also die. Also the whole razor leaf the edge. vine whipping right at the edge and it does give ivy a little boost also. Worst recovery but not easiest to gimp. As i said I normally gimp ness for 5/6 of the killed i get on him vs Ivysaur who does get gimped alot. I still blast her off the screen more. I think Kill on ive are about 3/4 kill are caused by being gimped. Also I play kirby and I end up gimping link players almost all their lives but its more cuz they are a heavy character to blast off vs gimping in killing range. I wouldnt put him as easy to gimp but I do gimp him the most out of any character in comparison to kills

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Half the time you edgehog Ivy's recovery you die yourself from stagespike.

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
muahahahaha they dont know about our super flight abilities
Yeah. They don't understand that Ivysaur actually has the best aerial game due to the ability to "helicopter with it's leaves".

But more seriously we can actually mess up our opponent's timing with Dair and Uair. But they don't 'need to know that.

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. They don't understand that Ivysaur actually has the best aerial game due to the ability to "helicopter with it's leaves".

But more seriously we can actually mess up our opponent's timing with Dair and Uair. But they don't 'need to know that.
I'm following you Ukemi...

And yes, let's just keep quiet. It's a good idea.

TheFast

Smash Lord
I just wanted to see yall's reaction. Because I dont feel ivy is the easiest to"gimp". I believe she has the worst recovery. I just wanted to get the Pokemon Trainer Players input.

Ryusuta

Smash Master
3DS FC
5000-3249-3643
Link is easier to gimp than Ivysaur, no question about it. He's the one character that can actually fail at getting back from a distance even if someone DOESN'T try to stop him.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I find Link is a bit easier to gimp than Ivysaur, not because Ivysaur has crappy recovery. We all know that already, but Link has poor aerials compared to Ivysaur, certainly. Razor Leaf is a better anti-gimp than boomerang or arrows.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
i would think link was it.

lol i would have voted for MK being the easiest just for the fun of it. :p

TheFast

Smash Lord
yah but now when people say who is the newb that voted one for MK on easiest I can says Bomber7 did go flame him for it.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
nair + razor leaf, with these, ivy shouldn't get gimped. if ivy does, shame on you

Top Bottom