• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's messy mafia madness | Day 3

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Oops

At least You quoted it, so everyone knows what it said.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Safe: Moosey [Spak], Rake [Orboknown], Spak [Moosey], No Lynch [Maven]
Not Safe: Orboknown, Maven, Red Ryu, #HBC | J, Vult Redux, Darkpit54

Not Voting: Rake, Red Ryu, #HBC | J, Vult Redux, Darkpit54

:059:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
How could we make RVS work if voting for someone is a positive thing? FoS isn't a good enough tool...

Maven89

Smash Master
So, mafia will not want to vote each other, because it would randomize the lynch, and prove the voter was mafia. The best use of this I see is to force people to vote each other if it looks like they have connections, but that would have the side effect of randomizing the lynch. Since any single person who disagrees can remove the lynchee from the lynchpool, I'm not thinking we're going to have too much democracy in this. The lynch is going to be more like musical chairs.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Hmmm. We're gonna have to rig a system to punish people who vote in a way town doesnt agree on/for people town wants dead. Iunno quite how yet

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
So, mafia will not want to vote each other, because it would randomize the lynch, and prove the voter was mafia. The best use of this I see is to force people to vote each other if it looks like they have connections, but that would have the side effect of randomizing the lynch. Since any single person who disagrees can remove the lynchee from the lynchpool, I'm not thinking we're going to have too much democracy in this. The lynch is going to be more like musical chairs.
But now that you say that, won't Mafia try to disassociate with each-other? What happens if one of the Mafia is inactive? If there are three Mafia, how could we get the last one via association?
Hmmm. We're gonna have to rig a system to punish people who vote in a way town doesnt agree on/for people town wants dead. Iunno quite how yet
But what if the Mafia is fine with bussing? That system won't do us any good if they play smart.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Everyone vote for the person they think they can trust for the moment and a reason if they have one or not. DO NOT vote for someone that's already been voted. If you can't trust anyone yet then say so.

Unvote
Vote: Maven89

Maven 'cuz he's already analyzing the vote thing and since he's here D1.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
The key is that mafia aren't removed from the lynch pool if they vote for each other.

So the goal is to have town vote for each other and for mafia to vote for each other. That way when the random day lynches occur, we'll easily find mafia if one of them die and we see their flip. Because the person voting the dead mafia would be their partner due to above rule.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Everyone vote for the person they think they can trust for the moment and a reason if they have one or not. DO NOT vote for someone that's already been voted. If you can't trust anyone yet then say so.

Unvote
Vote: Maven89

Maven 'cuz he's already analyzing the vote thing and since he's here D1.
I can't trust anyone yet, and I'm surprised you're willing to trust put your trust in Maven so easily. From my experience, positive reinforcement isn't the way to sniff out scum lol.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
so you don't think he had a good reason to vote Maven?
Not really. He hasn't justified his vote other than "I trust him because he's been here for a few hours and suggested some ideas." He's not saying that he is trusting Maven slightly more than anyone else and thus voting him, Moosey's statement shows some confidence of town!Maven rather than trusting him slightly more than anyone else (he gave the option of replying with not trusting anyone.) I don't know how he could be so sure about anyone being right now unless he's Mafia or Guardian.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
Not really. He hasn't justified his vote other than "I trust him because he's been here for a few hours and suggested some ideas." He's not saying that he is trusting Maven slightly more than anyone else and thus voting him, Moosey's statement shows some confidence of town!Maven rather than trusting him slightly more than anyone else (he gave the option of replying with not trusting anyone.) I don't know how he could be so sure about anyone being right now unless he's Mafia or Guardian.
ah.

so if you had to compare, would you would say Moosy's for Maven is more fishy/suspicious/whatever than my vote for Moosy?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I guess that I'll

Vote: Vult Redux

He voted for the person who was "obviously town"

(Although I'm not a very trusting person, they could both be mafia for all I know)

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
ah.

so if you had to compare, would you would say Moosy's for Maven is more fishy/suspicious/whatever than my vote for Moosy?
I honestly thought your vote was an RVS joking vote. If you trust in Moosy significantly more than the rest of the game because he is trying to befriend people (which would make life easier for all alignments, so that would be a null tell,) that'd be pretty sketch.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I honestly thought your vote was an RVS joking vote. If you trust in Moosy significantly more than the rest of the game because he is trying to befriend people (which would make life easier for all alignments, so that would be a null tell,) that'd be pretty sketch.
Mmmm okay.

You should submit a vote!

What do you think of darkpit54's vote?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Mmmm okay.

You should submit a vote!

What do you think of darkpit54's vote?
I think DarkPit's vote is fine because he actually stated that he didn't trust anyone, but it may have been influenced by my post on Moosy's vote. I still don't see the benefit of voting for people right now because it's actually taking pressure off of people instead of applying pressure (which seems counter-productive for the purposes of starting a game, seeing as RVS is based off of trying to pressure each-other as much as possible until someone snaps or slips.)

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
to help me/everyone get reads
How would getting people to vote for each-other on the first page of the game help you get reads? There's little to nothing to go off of yet, and I haven't seen anyone do anything that merits solid reads, nor my trust.

Maven89

Smash Master
It's a very minor point, but he did just say he didn't trust anyone, meaning his vote isn't useful for reads.

This is musical chairs, I don't want think we should be filling the seats until we're closer to the end

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
How would getting people to vote for each-other on the first page of the game help you get reads?
well... the same reason players submit random votes in a game with standard voting? you yourself submitted a vote at the start of this game. do you think the alternative voting system makes things different?

There's little to nothing to go off of yet
That's not true! I learned a bit about darkpit59 from his vote. just because there's nothing huge/dramatic/whatever to go off of doesn't mean there's nothing

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
well... the same reason players submit random votes in a game with standard voting? you yourself submitted a vote at the start of this game. do you think the alternative voting system makes things different?
Yes, because voting for someone with the alternate system takes off pressure rather than adding it. You can't make someone snap under pressure by making them more relaxed.
That's not true! I learned a bit about darkpit59 from his vote. just because there's nothing huge/dramatic/whatever to go off of doesn't mean there's nothing
Really? What did you learn?

Top Bottom