• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's messy mafia madness | Day 3

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You will be blacklisted from future mafia games if you do one of the following as long as the game is ongoing:
* talking about this game outside of this thread. Mafiosi may communicate in a quicktopic provided by the host.
* liking posts when you're not in the game or are dead. You can do that once the game's over.
* writing more than a "bah, go town/mafia" post after you're dead. Once you have died you shut the **** up.
* posting in the thread when you're not playing.

You will be modkilled if you do one of the following as long as the game is ongoing:
* posting your role PM in the thread or quote directly from it
* post logs of private communication in this thread
* note that anything that gets you modkilled can also get you blacklisted as a consequence

You will receive modvotes if you do one of the following as long as the game is ongoing:
* insulting other players [temporary]
* editing your posts [permanent]
* failing to post at least once within 24 hours [temporary]
* posting during the Night phase [temporary]
* post outside of your hydra account if you're signed up as a hydra

You should also know the following information when you sign up:
* use the command Vote: [player name] to cast your vote on a player of your choosing. You may not vote yourself.
* the voted player is temporarily removed from the game's lynchpool until the vote on him is moved
* use the command Unvote to remove your vote from a player and make him lynchable again
* if a mafioso votes his partner the vote will be displayed as normal. He will not actually be removed from the lynch pool however. This is to prevent mafia from blocking each other's lynch.
* a player can only have one vote on him at a time
* a Day phase ends when either only one player is left without a vote on him or the present deadline is reached
* the player without any votes on him will be revealed and removed from the game
* in the event that there is more than one player without votes on him as the deadline triggers the lynch will be randomized between all players that have no votes on them - only one player is lynched per Day Phase
* failing to send in a Night Action [read your role PM for further info] within the given deadline will result in the target of your Night Action being randomized.
* if you wish to not make use of your Night Action you are required to actively announce that decision in your role PM conversation.
* should a modkill occur during the Day phase the game will go straight into Night phase if the modkilled player is town. If the modkilled player is not town then the Day phase will continue.
* if you're unsure about anything regarding the game, do not hesitate to ask me via PM about it
* there will be no deadline extensions, unless a new player replaces in
* Town win condition: You are town aligned and win when all threats to the town have been eliminated
* Mafia win condition: You are mafia aligned and when you have a voting majority or nothing can prevent that.

There is an Independently Aligned role in this game:

Welcome to Gheb's messy mafia madness, X! You are the independently aligned Guardian Angel:

* At the beginning of the game two players will be randomly assigned to you. You will be informed of who these players are.
* You win the game when these two players are the only ones remaining in the game [excluding yourself].
* You win when your win condition is triggered even if you are no longer alive at that point.
* Should either the town or mafia fulfill their win condition at the same time as you, your win condition will overrule theirs and you will be declared the winner of this game.
* Your win condition is mutually exclusive. If you win, everybody else - including the two players assigned to you - loses.
* For the purposes of the town's win condition you are considered a 'threat to the town'.
* You lose and will be removed from the game in the event that either of the two players assigned to you dies.
* Each Night you may protect a players of your choosing [including yourself] by posting his name in our conversation topic. The targeted player will be immune to all Night Kill attempts during that Night Phase.

Alive:
2.) Orbo
4.) Maven
5.) Red Ryu
7.) Moosy Doosy
8.) Vult Redux
9.) DarkPit

Dead:
3.) Spak - Mafia Ninja - Lynched Day 1
1.) Rake - Town Wiretrap - Modkilled Day 2
6.) J - Mafia Tracker - Modkilled Day 2

:059:

Last edited:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Interesting. I'll /in.

The setup information spoiler isn't working properly for me -- I can't see anything beyond what appears to be the second to last line of the guardian angel role PM/description, fyi.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
You can expand the quote to see the rest of the role PM. There's nothing else in the spoiler anyway.

Orboknown

Smash Hero
Interesting. I'll /in.

The setup information spoiler isn't working properly for me -- I can't see anything beyond what appears to be the second to last line of the guardian angel role PM/description, fyi.
Theres a click to expand option

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Since it could be rather important in this setup, what randomization technique do you intend to use?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
So I have one question regarding the set-up and that's regarding self-voting.

Basically, is that going to be disabled or allowed?

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Wait... So is there anything preventing the mafia from just constantly voting each other? Even if it became really obvious, they couldn't be lynched, right? I guess there must be night actions to offset that.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
So, someone could vote every other player to prove their innocence? Can we have a gentleman's agreement not to do so?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I honestly haven't though of that scenario yet x_x

Need to figure out something here.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Take the amount of people are in the day-phase and then say it's like 9, then they are allotted 3 votes.

7 people alive, they have 2.

5 people alive, they have 2.

3 people alive, they have 1.

That way votes can be controlled and you can still use your mechanic to the best ability you can. That's the way I can see this being worked out and if you keep careful track of votes that should work. After their final vote is planted on, the person can no longer unvote.

(Also, I realize I have been commenting a lot in this thread and not signed up, but just put me down as slot #9 as a temp /in)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Have you played mafia before? This game doesn't follow conventional mafia rules.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Umm well...
No, but this is the only one I saw that was open.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Another potential hiccup: Worst case scenario for the scumteam is for everyone BUT them to have received votes. They'll just sit there unable to vote for each other and lose on mechanics alone.

HollowNote HollowNote / Darkpit54 Darkpit54 -- As soon as this Turing Test game I'm in is over, I'll throw up a Mini Mafia game for you all to join to learn the ropes (assuming you are both new to this and are interested). ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow - I can save you a seat too if you want.

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Another potential hiccup: Worst case scenario for the scumteam is for everyone BUT them to have received votes. They'll just sit there unable to vote for each other and lose on mechanics alone.

@HollowNote / Darkpit54 Darkpit54 -- As soon as this Turing Test game I'm in is over, I'll throw up a Mini Mafia game for you all to join to learn the ropes (assuming you are both new to this and are interested). ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow - I can save you a seat too if you want.
I'd be down for that. At least there I can learn in a safe environment rather than screwing up in the big games.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yeah, I'll have to figure something out re: voting mechanics. If I can't find anything I'll just suck it up and use regular rules.

Last edited:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Eh, don't scrap it just yet. It's really interesting on a conceptual level, and I'd like to see if it can be made to work. What if it was made so that if mafia vote each other, they receive some sort of penalty -- no night actions, maybe?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The voting mechanics are there for a reason ... they're supposed to help out the Guardian Angel.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
What if you have lynches made via normal mechanics, but every player has a one-shot protection ability that removes a given player from the lynch pool for the Day?

Last edited:

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
What if you have lynches made via normal mechanics, but every player has a one-shot protection ability that removes a given player from the lynch pool for the Day?
One shot per game, or per day?

The Wizard: Merlin

Smash Rookie
Phantom votes: Mafia can vote each other and their votes are displayed as normal; however, they do not actually count at the end of the day.

Top Bottom