• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's messy mafia madness | Day 3

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
Consider this: we're at the point where there are two players without votes on them. One is scum, one is not. Scum if scum partner votes for the scum without a vote, the day ends. Since it was a phantom vote, the lynch is randomized. If the scum is lynched, we then know that the one person who voted for the scum is his/her partner. Gg.

I think there's an obvious solution: allow a player to have more than one vote on them. We may have one player accumulate two or three or four votes, but that won't be a constant if we want to actually move the game along.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
Consider this: we're at the point where there are two players without votes on them. One is scum, one is not. Scum if scum partner votes for the scum without a vote, the day ends. Since it was a phantom vote, the lynch is randomized. If the scum is lynched, we then know that the one person who voted for the scum is his/her partner. Gg.

I think there's an obvious solution: allow a player to have more than one vote on them. We may have one player accumulate two or three or four votes, but that won't be a constant if we want to actually move the game along.
I don't really see this as a solution. It means a larger lunch pool, sure, but how often will the lynch pool be that large st the end of the Day? Town will want to maximize its chances of hitting scum, so their optimum strategy will be to get it down to a single. Then, assuming scum has a vote on scum, they have a 50/50 chance of getting a two for one special.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I don't really see this as a solution. It means a larger lunch pool, sure, but how often will the lynch pool be that large st the end of the Day? Town will want to maximize its chances of hitting scum, so their optimum strategy will be to get it down to a single. Then, assuming scum has a vote on scum, they have a 50/50 chance of getting a two for one special.
It makes it so scum will never be in a situation where they have to vote for another scum, revealing themselves. It's still shady and would probably still get them lynched the next day, but they wouldn't be screwed mechanically.

Kaladin

Stormblessed
NNID
Toobu_me
I thought the game would be started by now, as a responsible individual ima have to /out, since I won't have internet access at all next week. If you still haven't started by then, however, I'll /in.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
It seems like this and Xastrn's game are splitting the attention of DGames... I was gonna try my hand at modding a game, but seeing as we can't even fill 2 games, that'll have to wait. I guess I'll come out of my short break and

/in

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Nice, only three more people need to join then we can start. I'll update the rules once the game's about to fill.

:059:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 @HollowNote

Are you guys still /in for this game? If yes, then I think Gheb actually has enough people without realizing it. If no, we'll have to find more people. I doubt the other one will start until this one is over, so you probably won't have to worry about the added pressure of being in multiple games at once.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ put Darkpit and J in; still waiting on confirmation from HollowNote (although I'm not optimistic about him responding soon, since he hasn't been online since March 28th).

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
#HBC | Laundry #HBC | Laundry

It looks like you're signed up for the Matrix game, but that probably won't start until this one is over. Would you mind joining, or do you only have an appetite for one Mafia game in the near future? If you don't want to join, ThatSmasherYouKnow ThatSmasherYouKnow could always come and try his hand at another game of Mafia; the game he's hosting with his Squid Squad over on the SWF clone is missing a member as well.

Since Gheb hasn't updated sign-ups:

1.)Rake
2.) Orbo
3.) Spak
4.) Maven
5.) Red Ryu
6.) Xatres
7.) J
8.) Darkpit54
9.) ~Open~

Replacements:
1.) Vult Redux

#HBC | Laundry

Grand Sage of Swag
3DS FC
3926-6895-8719
I would but gheb asked me for setup ideas and I think he applied them to this game in particular so I cannot join.

:186:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'm pretty sure you can join but imma hit you up on Skype sometime soon to make sure.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Oh, and a night is usually two days or until a mod gets all night actions in.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The length of a Day phase is picked by my own, arbitrary, inconsistent discretion.

Last edited:

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
Sorry for the late response, I've been busy with building my first gaming PC, but my game on squidboards has started so I won't be able to join this one if necessary

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It's in the middle of the night for me right now but I'll start this tomorrow :3

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Rosa hasn't been around since the 9th and Xatres hasn't posted since the 1st...

Someone let jeremydrice on Twitter (Xastres' account I think) know that the game is starting (although we should probably give him a little bit before spamming him on social media.)

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Somebody contact Xatres or have Dastrn Dastrn do it if possible. If Rosie doesn't show up I'll give the last slot to @HollowNote @ThatSmasher or Darkpit54 Darkpit54

Darkpit is already one of the nine that are in. Moosy replaced Hollow because Hollow hadn't been around for at least a few weeks to confirm s/he wanted to be in this game as well as Xatres'. TSYK already said he can't because he's running another game, but do you think Volt would be interested in going from replacement to a normal slot?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I didn't tag moosy because he posted just yesterday. Hollow can still join if he wants to and if all else fails you can always count on good old @Vult Redux to be there when you need him.

Top Bottom