• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gheb's messy mafia madness | Day 3

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'm still not convinced. I want J to come back and post some stuff before he makes a judgment. If he doesn't post then it's a literal flip of a coin on whether I unvote or not. So. Would you like heads or tails?
he's probably not posting.

heads.

can I flip the coin? <___<

@Vult what do you think the chances are that Moosy is independent?
maybe.... but he's my friend..... :( :(

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
when he said the lynch was between Moosy and Rake hours after I switched my vote off of you (making you a very viable lynch candidate). (reference)
Oh, I thought you meant most recently. My B. Anyways, I'm still wondering what the main case against me is; would anyone cae to clarify?

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'm still wondering what the main case against me is; would anyone cae to clarify?
I asked J and he hasn't replied yet.

Moosy actually didn't mention you in his #384 (post where he explained his reads)

Update:

Moosy and Spak are not safe.

and Red Ryu and Rake are not voting.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
So I decide between spak and moozy atm?
You either decide between me and Moosy, or let a coinflip decide for you. It's up to you and Rake at this point. If you choose the former option, however, make sure to vote for the person you want to save rather than who you want to lynch.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Vult and Darkpit are highly likely town. Darkpit be careful, because Mafia will likely keep you alive and try to convince you to take their viewpoint later in the game. xP Not telling you to be paranoid, but definitely note how people interact with you. Vult's probably town because he has very similar thought process to me.

Orbo and Red Ryu are leaning town for me. Orbo because this looks like what he does as town and Ryu because he wants to kill me and he always wants to kill me when he's town. Ryu read is weak af though, I'll admit.

Rake and J are null. J can do this as town and he did do this when we were masons together but we'll see in the future. I'm actually very interested in finding out his alignment which makes me want to try to stay alive but that's just too much effort. Rake is null, he needs to post again. His earlier posts certainly looked good but his alignment really hinges on how J flips for me.

Maven and Spak are in weird spots for me. I'm interested in Maven's push on Spak and Spak is just an interesting individual overall. I want to see the outcome of this so I encourage people to leave the RNG vote between me and Spak.

Oh, and Moosy's scum so burn him with hellfire and brimstone. Also, he's blue so don't kill him yet.

Ok but seriously, can we have an RNG vote between me and Spak. If I die I'll be happy. If I live to D2, my meta is to start tryharding at that time using all the bait I threw about on D1. Also, I want to see the outcome of Maven's push on Spak.
I hate you for toying with my heart.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I hate this, I'm going off gut that these last few posts were legit.

Vote: Moozy

I'm trusting Vult right now more than anyone else in terms of Moozy living.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
I'd like a more serious answer, because "pretending to be crazy then hide your saves in a cloak of madness" makes way more sense to me as a playstyle then anything Moosy says he's doing.
i think it's very likely.

sorry I didn't want to say that before because i still wanted his vote but it's too late now.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter

I feel like if this were a normal setup I could've gotten myself out of this situation like I have in almost every other game. I'm usually a lynch candidate D1, but I can get the majority on my side. In this setup, however, it ended up that the fate of a lynch lies wholly in the hands of two people. No johns because I signed up using these rules, but the one person had a misunderstanding of the intent of the person he was trusting; if Ryu had a better understanding of Vult's intent, I might still be alive.

Also, speaking on Moosy's play, I still find it absolutely abhorrent. Everything I said about his play was genuine, and I can't stand playing with someone who trolls all game long and gets away with playing scummy because it's his "playstyle." If someone can play like complete and utter garbage with a fairly solid case against him about dodging valid questions and accusations, then get someone with literally no case against him lynched because person 1's playstyle is to look scummy 24/7, that's just pathetic. If everyone followed Moosy's playstyle demonstrated thus far in this game, scum would win literally every game and there would be no point to playing in the first place.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu despite misinterpreting Vult's intent, I'd like to be the first to congratulate you; you lynched scum.

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
5 hours left, went the direction I thought you would have went between the two.

Either way started to like Moosy more when he actually gave me something to work with.
i guess i can forgive you... for now.

promise to lynch j for me tomorrow if I die.

actually no. if I die, don't lynch J. lynch uuuuuh moosy I guess. if I live we can lynch J

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Safe: HBC | J [Moosy], Red Ryu [Vult Redux], Vult Redux [Darkpit54], Orboknown [#HBC | J], Darkpit54 [Spak], Maven [Orboknown], Rake [Maven], Moosy [Red Ryu]
Not Safe: Spak

Not Voting: Rake

Spak [Mafia Ninja] has been lynched. Day 1 ends, Night 1 begins. Send in all Night Actions within 48 hours.

:059:

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
There's several reasons for this, but for one I want control over J to get him to respond

J plz respond to Day 1

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Here's the stuff unedited. I haven't even gone over it again lol.:

Me and Ryu are 50% likely not to be scum mates together. :D If we had been scum together, his vote wouldn’t have given me protection. On the other hand, let’s keep a wary eye on him. He might have voted me because he was scum mates with Spak and voting for Spak would possibly expose him as Spak’s teammate.

Also, Darkpit went from 95% town to 99% town because Mafia likely all voted for town in this case, and Spak voted for Darkpit. Congrats on the 4% gain Darkpit!

Also wanna keep an eye on Rake. He defended Spak, tried to kill J, and was suspiciously right about my play which might come from knowing alignments beforehand as scum. I don’t think J will be teamed with Rake though, so there’s that. I do think that there’s scum in one of them though, although I want to see them fight some more to get a better sense of their alignment.

Also, Spak’s post complaining about me basically clears me as town because it’s from a clear anti-town Mafia perspective lol.

As for Spak, I realize my playstyle is frustrating, but it’s tailored to suit my strengths. I’ll be the first to admit that my reads are average, the way I form them is biased and horrible, and I’m bad at making connections to nail scummates. On the other hand, my two strengths lie in an awareness of thread sentiment and leading town effectively when necessary. So it’s less of actively trolling the game (which is fun for D1 tho, I’ll admit), but it’s more of playing to my strengths and remaining aware of my weaknesses. It’s why I immediately try to find the alignment of people who are good at forming reads and drawing connections like Maven so they can fill the weaknesses in my play if they’re fellow townies. I by no means played lazily or sloppily. In fact, this was a much tighter D1 for me than usual. I normally throw around a lot more posts, but yeah. I made sure to buddy with Vult amidst my chaos who had a lot of thread pull, gave answers and reads at the right time to stay alive, and slowly teased out who was town to buddy with them. I do apologize if my play unnecessarily frustrated you though.

Also adding this bit in now:

I feel like if this were a normal setup I could've gotten myself out of this situation like I have in almost every other game. I'm usually a lynch candidate D1, but I can get the majority on my side. In this setup, however, it ended up that the fate of a lynch lies wholly in the hands of two people. No johns because I signed up using these rules, but the one person had a misunderstanding of the intent of the person he was trusting; if Ryu had a better understanding of Vult's intent, I might still be alive.

Also, speaking on Moosy's play, I still find it absolutely abhorrent. Everything I said about his play was genuine, and I can't stand playing with someone who trolls all game long and gets away with playing scummy because it's his "playstyle." If someone can play like complete and utter garbage with a fairly solid case against him about dodging valid questions and accusations, then get someone with literally no case against him lynched because person 1's playstyle is to look scummy 24/7, that's just pathetic. If everyone followed Moosy's playstyle demonstrated thus far in this game, scum would win literally every game and there would be no point to playing in the first place.

#HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu despite misinterpreting Vult's intent, I'd like to be the first to congratulate you; you lynched scum.
This post basically outs me as town lol. I was afraid Mafia would go for me tonight but I'm glad they didn't. Also kudos to doctor for nailing the right person.

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Just realized that I already had the last part in my spiel of thoughts. woops.

My plan for D2 is to settle Rake / J. Thoughts on my thoughts?

MoosyDoosy

Smash Ace
Actually, I take that back. Spak's post doesn't out me as town. I've actually double bused my scummates as Mafia before, killing one that was under some suspicion and forcibly dragging one into suspicion when nobody was suspecting her. xd

Top Bottom