• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get Money Monthlies: Greensboro, NC

onlymaskde

Smash Lord

We're planning on holding the first one sometime in November/December... stay tuned. :046:

University of North Carolina at Greensboro
1400 Spring Garden Street Greensboro, NC 27412
(specific location TBA)

When:
TBA

Schedule:
11:00 - 1:00: Registration
1:00 - 3:00: Doubles
3:00 - 4:00: Food break
4:00 - 7:00: Singles
~subject to change

Fees:
Door fee: NONE
Singles: $10
Doubles: $20 per team

Pot Split:
1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Rules:
- Items off.
- Ties are broken by remaining lives, then %. If both criteria are tied, then the Sudden Death match will be played out.
- First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
- Each person (or team) may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked.
- The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Apply the same logic for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one. (Advanced Slob Picks)
- No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (Dave's Stupid Rule)
- Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime before the first game of a set starts, and only apply to the first game.
- Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
- For doubles Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

Stage List:
Neutrals
- Battlefield
- Final Destination
- Yoshi's Story
- Pokemon Stadium
- Dreamland 64
- Fountain of Dreams (Singles only)

Counterpicks
- Pokefloats
- Kongo Jungle 64
- Rainbow Cruise
- Brinstar
- Corneria

Banned
- Everything else

BEHR

Smash Hero
aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

Get Ready Boys.

<3

First Post.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well, I guess since these are monthlies they get priority over bi-weeklies.
Man, this S is confusing lol.

Anyway, I can never have too much Melee. I'll be there more than likely.

DJRome

Smash Hero
well with 4 weeks in a month min, something like x biweekly, state biweekly, duke, monthly, and another if a 5th week comes along, that could be a good schedule :)

BEHR

Smash Hero
So thats like 3 or 4 Brawl tourneys.

and 4 or 5 melee tourneys.

DJRome

Smash Hero
Well, idk if the demand calls for it, but if foxy is the only brawl regular, it seems like it would make more sense to have either him do only brawl and twice a month or have mine become a monthly. idk if state melee is going to be a large draw or not but that's that yeah

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
imo

week1: ncsu, brawl main event
week2: duke, melee main event
week3: ncsu, brawl main event
week4: g-boro, melee main event

billfests, app tourneys, munkaids, plurs, and herbs should be scheduled whenever the t.o. feels like because these tournaments have priority over the ones previously mentioned..

DJRome

Smash Hero
ya, something like that, though i'd like to have a second week in a month if possible idk, though also since the monthlies would basically need priority for dating over biweeklies so this schedule may be hard to keep rigid

null55

Smash Master
lol @ possibly having conflicting biweeklies for the same game in the same state.

yeah we won't let that happen.

i want more billfests :(. that **** is the bomb :).

DUB

Smash Lord
I like it being only one event ( except Billfest ). You go here if you want to play Melee, you go there if you want to play Brawl, and every now and then the Billfest comes by with both events. There's also been a lot more tournaments lately in NC :)

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
it would be cool if foxy's tournaments had melee...

but brawl should stay the main event...

djrome should run brawl...eh idk...maybe not
The Halloween NCSU has melee

also this is a shiz ton of $$ for small tournies isn't it? The entry fees are more expensive than billfest >_>

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
This is how it used to be when people were serious.

Can't wait for these.
Yeah but its no competition basically

You have about a 90% chance of victory, L0zr has the other 10%

No one else is going to place top2, and Foxy, Karn, and Mike are all competing for 3rd, with very little chance of anyone else outplacing all 3 of them

Spending lots of $ on entry fee is cool when its OOS, it gives people to actually drive there and the results are NOT a certainty, for example at Munkaid Chops has beaten you consistently in the past and Full Metal/PB&J/L0zr are all probably pretty close in skill level. The rest of us would go and enter for the chance to play OOS and get more experience than other NC tournaments

Here its just like pay twice as much for the same quality tournament.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
oh wow. ok. random tournaments on my new home ground and i don't even know about it. i'm the only dude at UNCG and i seem to be the last one to know about this.

kind of weird...but makes me happy; i can walk to this tourney. hell i can roll out of bed to this tourney.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah but its no competition basically

You have about a 90% chance of victory, L0zr has the other 10%

No one else is going to place top2, and Foxy, Karn, and Mike are all competing for 3rd, with very little chance of anyone else outplacing all 3 of them

Spending lots of $ on entry fee is cool when its OOS, it gives people to actually drive there and the results are NOT a certainty, for example at Munkaid Chops has beaten you consistently in the past and Full Metal/PB&J/L0zr are all probably pretty close in skill level. The rest of us would go and enter for the chance to play OOS and get more experience than other NC tournaments

Here its just like pay twice as much for the same quality tournament.
There's payout for 3rd too.

There was a best back before Brawl and no one whined about losing money then. You could always just.....get better. Don't tell me, you're already working on getting better, and this tournament just keeps you from wanting to compete because of a few extra dollars. There are other Melee tournaments you can attend then. People that are putting in the work and want more experience/competition will be here though.

In this time, this would be the more serious Melee tournament, and hopefully we could get some OOS people to come, but it would be something that only the people interested in competition would come to. Granted, there would be lots of chill time and all since it's one event, but I'm sure this will have a different atmosphere than a bi-weekly or a billfest(in what way, I definitely can't say for Billfest though).

Edit: wtf you don't know anything about player skills.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord

if i wasn't rusty i could most likely beat all of those guys.
you gotta come to more stuff dude

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
@twitch:
lol, too bad i'll probably never see you at a tournament again, or else I'd whip that ***. :)

@pp:
good job ****ing me up with basically every character of yours besides falco on friday.... oh, and except pikachu. ;)

BEHR

Smash Hero
Predictions.

1st Adam
2nd Kevin
3rd Mike,Cam,Me <3

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Twitch if I tell you stuff will you listen now? Everyone says you're good so you might as well get better, right? =p

@Mike: I shoulda had that S. =p Mario made up for it though. <3

Top Bottom