• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
So I made 3 lists of my predictions, the 2nd one is the least biased:

Ken ε
Shadow ε
Geno
Incineroar

Ken ε
Shadow ε
Geno
Isaac/Incineroar
Incineroar/Dixie Kong ε/Felix ε

Ken ε
Shadow ε
Geno
Isaac
Felix ε
Incineroar
-
The next big Nintendo event is November 3rd, so I'm expecting something next week.
Oddly enough, I think your "Hopeful" prediction is the most likely. I mean, Felix might be too much of a stretch, but Ken/Shadow feel like locks for echoes, Incineroar seems a fair expectation given how Vergeben has gone, and I honestly doubt we get Geno without Isaac or vice versa since they are the two remaining major ballot picks. My only concern is that Banjo and Kazooie don't fit in there, but then again, they would be a very hype way to kick off DLC season, so maybe that's intentional. I also agree that the expected Smash Direct should be any day now, given we're less than a month and a half from release and it would be strange to reach the Nintendo 3rd event without getting the final pre-launch details for Smash. Here's hoping the hype is coming soon!

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
I heard his voice lol
I hear "Cornered" everytime something gets really tense in this thread. We make great lawyers for Isaac, we almost have enough evidence to confirm our boi!

Sakurai already stated that he has to be careful for what he tweets and what he says so that he can give hints and references. It's up to us to see those references in the right perspective. That Tweet is a 100% GS reference without a doubt, that basically confirms Isaac. He also says that he doesn't like to mislead so by referencing Golden Sun in a way that we can see it clearly. Every detail is accurate and very specific. The colour of the chairs isn't clear enough, but it is still a hint.

Come on guys, I know before I was very doubtful, but now I truly believe his is in! Don't let other people waver your believes and alter your thoughts. It's okay to be skeptical and doubtful, but don't let it be at the forefront of your minds. The more we worry the worst the negativity will get and it spreads. Don't let others get inside your heads. We are in control and that's how it should be. Keep it at the back of your mind with the possibility that he isn't in. Let's keep up the optimism together, even if it's an uphill battle!

Last edited:

Isaac4SmashUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I hear "Cornered" everytime something gets really tense in this thread. We make great lawyers for Isaac, we almost have enough evidence to confirm our boi!

Sakurai already stated that he has to be careful for what he tweets and what he says so that he can give hints and references. It's up to us to see those references in the right perspective. That Tweet is a 100% GS reference without a doubt, that basically confirms Isaac. He also say that he doesn't like to mislead so by referencing Golden Sun in a way that we can see it clearly. Every detail is accurate and very specific. The colour of the chairs isn't clear enough, but it is still a hint.

Come on guys, I know before I was very doubtful, but now I truly believe his is in! Don't let other people waver your believes and alter your thoughts. It's okay to be skeptical and doubtful, but don't let it be at the forefront of your minds. The more we worry the worst the negativity will get and it spreads. Don't let others get inside your heads. We are in control and that's how it should be. Keep it at the back of your mind with the possibility that he isn't in. Let's keep up the optimism together, even when the it's an uphill battle!
Nice! : D I love Cornered 2001.

By the way, are you one of the supporters in the PW topic/thread?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I feel like I am taking a pessimistic approach with two unique and one echo. (This is the minimum amount I expect).
I feel like I am taking a pessimistic approach with two unique and three Echoes.

Likewise, my ceiling from optimism is six unique and six Echoes. Anything outside of that is impossible to me.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I think we're gonna see 2 unique and 2 echoes. Isaac, some kind of Pokemon or 3rd party character like Geno, Shadow, and Ken. Maybe 3 unique if we get the Pokemon AND Geno.

Last edited:

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the tweet is the closest thing to evidence we have for Isaac at this point, and that’s a little scary for his chances to some degree. Popularity wise, sure, we’ve got more than enough to say he should have been a serious ballot contender. But does that mean anything for a seemingly dead franchise? Sakurai has made mention of relevance having a serious role in selecting characters, and sure King K Rool came back, but that battle might be much, much harder for a character from a brand new franchise. That’s my big fear, if for nothing else than it would mean relevance is truly something I’ll never hear the end of in discussions. And while our analysis of said tweet makes sense, I’m always a little afraid we see what we want to see as fans.

He makes lot of sense and their is lots of circumstantial evidence for his inclusion, but I wish there was something a little more concrete to work with that says he’s even a more serious contender for Sakurai. Despite Geno’s greater irrelevance, Sakurai has actually discussed his popularity and gone as far as to license him for the game. I wish Isaac had a little more to work with.

Also, I’m not trying to be the hype police. I just don’t like seeing our community start to bend over backwards to give him extra chances at being playable like the idea of two Smash Bros Directs or that he doesn’t need a stage despite being from a franchise despite all new franchises with sensible stage choices getting one since Brawl. Or even that there are a ton of unique newcomers left. I remember being the Ridley fan in Smash 4 and the insane degree to which we tried to believe in his inclusion earned us some serious backlash and the community a worse name. I don’t want that for Isaac. I’m not saying don’t be hype or excited or optimistic, but do it responsibly and just go with he has a good chance at being in the game as one of the few newcomers left, or if not, as DLC.
The relevancy argument is garbage. You can try to tiptoe around with the King K. Rool reasoning with a living franchise, but the character itself has been dead. Ridley has been dead. Dark Samus is literally dead in Metroid. Castlevania as a franchise has been dead. Awakening is now an old game (2012!), yet somehow Chrom makes it in. You mention Geno... and if that's not the nail in the coffin of relevance, I don't know how else to tell you. It doesn't matter if he's been mentioned by Sakurai or not. If he's actually in the game, it's not because he had a hot game release last year.

I actually think the biggest detriment to Isaac's chances are through how Sakurai goes about his selection process. Golden Sun has never had a home console release and it certainly wasn't started on one. The only characters where this is not the case is Pokemon and that is an obvious case as to why. In some ways, its even more popular than Mario. Obviously, I don't think Sakurai doesn't like handheld games or Golden Sun, but I think he's worked by standards for his selection process. For Golden Sun, unfortunately, it probably feels too out of place having never been on something like the N64 or Gamecube.

The only chances I ever saw because of this was taking the selection at least partially out of Sakurai's hands. Evidence of that is in those characters above. Ridley and K. Rool are very anti-Sakurai-like choices. As much as it pains me to say, so is Isaac.

There should be no doubts that if Golden Sun/The Lost Age came out on N64 or Gamecube that this thread wouldn't even exist. Relevance is such a silly argument. Relevant to what? to who? I'm sorry to say that if a 1st party Nintendo IP with 3 successful JRPGs to its name isn't relevant; nothing is.

Last edited:

TappyBat

Smash Ace
The relevancy argument is garbage. You can try to tiptoe around with the King K. Rool reasoning with a living franchise, but the character itself has been dead. Ridley has been dead. Dark Samus is literally dead in Metroid. Castlevania as a franchise has been dead. Awakening is now an old game (2012!), yet somehow Chrom makes it in. You mention Geno... and if that's not the nail in the coffin of relevance, I don't know how else to tell you. It doesn't matter if he's been mentioned by Sakurai or not. If he's actually in the game, it's not because he had a hot game release last year.

I actually think the biggest detriment to Isaac's chances are through how Sakurai goes about his selection process. Golden Sun has never had a home console release and it certainly wasn't started on one. The only characters where this is not the case is Pokemon and that is an obvious case as to why. In some ways, its even more popular than Mario. Obviously, I don't think Sakurai doesn't like handheld games or Golden Sun, but I think he's worked by standards for his selection process. For Golden Sun, unfortunately, it probably feels too out of place having never been on something like the N64 or Gamecube.

The only chances I ever saw because of this was taking the selection at least partially out of Sakurai's hands. Evidence of that is in those characters above. Ridley and K. Rool are very anti-Sakurai-like choices. As much as it pains me to say, so is Isaac.

There should be no doubts that if Golden Sun/The Lost Age came out on N64 or Gamecube that this thread wouldn't even exist. Relevance is such a silly argument. Relevant to what? to who? I'm sorry to say that if a 1st party Nintendo IP with 3 successful JRPGs to its name isn't relevant; nothing is.
yeah if it was "consoles only no handhelds allowed!" we wouldn't have pokemon right?

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Nice! : D I love Cornered 2001.

By the way, are you one of the supporters in the PW topic/thread?
Naw, not a supporter of Phoenix for Smash. I always thought his MvsC3 counterpart was good enough for me. However, I do like Ace Attorney! I love games like that, that make me think and solve puzzles. Not to mention it's fun and infinitely meme worthy xD That OST, the characters and the mechanics are always brilliant.

I am a supporter of the ones in my signature at the moment. ;D

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
yeah if it was "consoles only no handhelds allowed!" we wouldn't have pokemon right?
Did you even read my comment on this? Pokemon defies all rules on this front. When your games sell 300 Million+ copies, you can't be ignored by an arbitrary designation anymore. When the original Smash Bros. came out, kids knew Pokemon and Mario. Pokemon was used as the sole advertisement point for Smash 64 in some regions.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
oh so it's the "sell 678954 bajillion copies" or you're not getting into smash ever that gamefaqs is obsessed with got it. so no golden sun ever, f-zero and earth bound are out next game, same with metroid kirby etc. so only mario pokemon and zelda are allowed cause those are the only 3 that make 678954 bajillion copies. gotcha

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

It’s worth pointing out that Ridley did appear in Metroid: Samus Returns, that Castlevania had a game in 2014, and that Chrom appeared in FE Heroes, Warriors, Fates, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and more after the release of Awakening.

Not that I believe that they got in due to anything but popularity, but if you want to shut naysayers up, K. Rool is all we got for now.

Metocles

Smash Journeyman
Not really... I don't care how many copies a game or series sells in particular. But it's disingenuous to ignore the fact that Pokemon is ridiculously more popular and thus an exception to the rule as to why that specific series in particular, even when it came from a handheld, could not be ignored in a crossover game. Especially in the climax of Pokemon's popularity.

You are even proving my first point. F-Zero and Earthbound are two series that started on Nintendo home consoles and they have representation in Smash. Same with Kirby and Metroid. The whole point to my theory is that Sakurai imposes some kind of rule that he looks at home consoles as a point of emphasis. The comparison between Golden Sun and Pikmin is perfect here. Both of their first two games came out at roughly the same time. Golden Sun was more popular and sold more yet Pikmin was on a home console. Who gets in Brawl?

It’s worth pointing out that Ridley did appear in Metroid: Samus Returns, that Castlevania had a game in 2014, and that Chrom appeared in FE Heroes, Warriors, Fates, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, and more after the release of Awakening.

Not that I believe that they got in due to anything but popularity, but if you want to shut naysayers up, K. Rool is all we got for now.
Like I said a few posts above, relevant to who or what? Relevance is such a relative term and you have to keep asking questions. Is Ridley relevant to Metroid? Of course. To Nintendo? Sure. More so than Link is to the Legend of Zelda? See what a crapshoot that becomes? You start dividing into who is 'deserving' which is just stupid. I think the problem we're making here is conflating relevance with recency and both are just bankrupt ideas. The only decent relevancy question worth asking anymore is if "X" character is relevant to Nintendo. Of course all of those above are. But so is Isaac; so what? I don't need any specific character to combat naysayers because if it.

Edit: I just made word salad and wanted to get more to the point here.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Not really... I don't care how many copies a game or series sells in particular. But it's disingenuous to ignore the fact that Pokemon is ridiculously more popular and thus an exception to the rule as to why that specific series in particular, even when it came from a handheld, could not be ignored in a crossover game. Especially in the climax of Pokemon's popularity.

You are even proving my first point. F-Zero and Earthbound are two series that started on Nintendo home consoles and they have representation in Smash. Same with Kirby and Metroid. The whole point to my theory is that Sakurai imposes some kind of rule that he looks at home consoles as a point of emphasis. The comparison between Golden Sun and Pikmin is perfect here. Both of their first two games came out at roughly the same time. Golden Sun was more popular and sold more yet Pikmin was on a home console. Who gets in Brawl?

Maybe I was too forthwith with saying that about Ridley, since he's never been a non-relevant character being the main antagonist in Metroid. But it still stands that Sakurai is on record for talking out against him. Yet... he's in. And the ballot was in 2015, not 2017, so Samus Returns is kind of backtracking something that happened now from a choice that happened long ago. For Castlevania, Simon and Richter are dead as characters then, is that good? Lord of Shadows 2 did terribly and doesn't even have the most recent protagonist here. And for all intents and purposes I would consider the story of Chrom to be pretty much over. Certainly Fire Emblem thinks that way. Are we going to say that every single Fire Emblem character in existence is relevant because you can get them as some one-off character or DLC in every Fire Emblem game?

The main point to all of these is, if they were going for relevancy, you would not pick Chrom or Simon/Richter or Dark Samus. You'd pick the latest, hottest new character out there. And there's plenty to pick from.
I agree, just repeating what I’ve heard people say. The only character people can’t really pin relevance on is K. Rool.

Nazyrus

Smash Champion
Bless the heavens for Sakurai giving us K. Rool, not so much because it made the fans happy, but to debunk some people's silly beliefs on how Sakurai's criteria for putting characters in the game works once again, lol. The man will always keep up on surprsing us, that's the one thing i want to hold on to, which funnily enough allows us to hope for whoever character we are supporting atm, at least Isaac for sure.

Nossnitro102

Smash Journeyman
Did Billybae10K Billybae10K see this yet? Just curious. Not meaning to start anything or whatnot just my curiosity is rampant right now. Plus um.. Danganronpa is on my mind right now since I'm currently looking into it. If you like Phoenix Wright you'd probably like that series easy.
That aside, I talked to this random dude about Ultimate and brought up Isaac and he sounded very convinced that he's not happening.

But I think there is more to what we are getting than people think. People have too low of expectations but I also think we have too many at the same time. Odd I know.
Edit: Trophies? Yep I'm new here I didn't even know these existed.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master

All of the characters you use for examples are from franchises that already exist in Smash Bros., which is exactly my point. You're not upending a franchise from the grave, you're just doing a single character. The dead Nintendo franchises are the ones that don't have playable fighters sadly, and Golden Sun falls into that realm. Third parties don't really play by our standard rules as Mega Man and Castlevania exist in Smash as the sort of legacy fighters from the NES era that they're so heavily associated with. The names of those franchises (Even if now dormant) carry a ton of weight. Living franchises certainly have much, much, much more opportunity to reintroduce characters. Also, Ridley is most certainly not dead and continually shows up in Metroid games and references to the franchise.

Even Geno who screams irrelevance belongs to Mario for all practical purposes. Though my ideas of him were actually in a completely unrelated point to the irrelevance discussion I was making. That entire part of my post was hey, we can at least point to Sakurai knowing who he is and taking time and money to license him which would be his primary hurdle other than priorities in development. That's a much more concrete sort of proof than many characters have sort of thing.

Again, my fear is that the franchise element of being dead is an obstacle that could be too far to overcome for even someone as supported as Isaac. The ONLY precedent we have with this is Pit and Kid Icarus, and well, that's objectively Sakurai bias deciding to add an older retro franchise and then personally ushering it to the new era. Can this happen with a franchise that Sakurai isn't so personally keen on (I mean he's never mentioned Golden Sun in any capacity). I personally don't see why not with the amount of fan demand Golden Sun and Isaac seem to have for Smash in general, but Sakurai has always had questionable reasons for not including characters previously.

Also, yeah no, the handheld arena is not a point I'm going to agree on as him having some sort of bias against handheld inclusion. People have already brought up Pokemon and that comprises nine of our characters so far (Possibly ten). Of the seven Fire Emblem characters, five of them come from handheld FE games. Kid Icarus is more associated with handhelds than console at this point (two handheld games, one on NES). Isabelle and Animal Crossing as a whole likely owes everything to the handheld side where it absolutely ballooned. Electroplankton of all things has a stage. There's a lot of handheld selection already going on. You're actually pretty hard pressed to find Nintendo franchises that are handheld exclusive beyond Golden Sun, so I think there's little merit to saying that Golden Sun isn't included because of it's handheld origins.

Finally, and I hate to do this because I'm essentially validating some of the relevancy argument, Golden Sun is not currently relevant. There has not been a single reference to the series for eight years at this point. Relevancy relies on the basis that games reached a large audience and have had recent releases. Golden Sun has comparatively missed the boat release wise with all three of the games in relation to Smash Bros. Dark Dawn was the closest and that game did not do particularly well. If Nintendo does not see a future or an immediate presence of the character, then that is how characters and franchises are deemed irrelevant. You're correct, there isn't an exact metric to this argument, but there's a general flow people assume when using it.

Isaac would be get in to the game in spite of relevancy, not because he was proven to be relevant. That's why I'll be ecstatic if Golden Sun does indeed get playable representation in Smash. King K. Rool cracked the surface of relevancy with the point that fans could override it. Golden Sun is the next step in having fans usher in not only a dead character, but an ENTIRE DEAD FRANCHISE just through continual love and support and shatter the notions of relevancy. Then we can stop hearing about how it plays roles in character choices completely. As it stands, we're so, so close to being able to do that, and that's exactly what I want to happen. I want Isaac himself as much as I want to be able to lay that argument truly to rest.

Billybae10K

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4311-5852-0528
Did Billybae10K Billybae10K see this yet? Just curious. Not meaning to start anything or whatnot just my curiosity is rampant right now. Plus um.. Danganronpa is on my mind right now since I'm currently looking into it. If you like Phoenix Wright you'd probably like that series easy.
That aside, I talked to this random dude about Ultimate and brought up Isaac and he sounded very convinced that he's not happening.

But I think there is more to what we are getting than people think. People have too low of expectations but I also think we have too many at the same time. Odd I know.
Edit: Trophies? Yep I'm new here I didn't even know these existed.
Creating a leak for a specific Youtube presence to cover, then stating at the end that the leak is fake but cover it anyway for views?

Why do people do this? Really, why do people do this? Normally if a leak is calling out a media figure or youtuber, that's already a bad sign that it's being made simply for the coverage and I ain't about that life myself.

Xithyl_kykorl

Smash Cadet
All of the characters you use for examples are from franchises that already exist in Smash Bros., which is exactly my point. You're not upending a franchise from the grave, you're just doing a single character. The dead Nintendo franchises are the ones that don't have playable fighters sadly, and Golden Sun falls into that realm. Third parties don't really play by our standard rules as Mega Man and Castlevania exist in Smash as the sort of legacy fighters from the NES era that they're so heavily associated with. The names of those franchises (Even if now dormant) carry a ton of weight. Living franchises certainly have much, much, much more opportunity to reintroduce characters. Also, Ridley is most certainly not dead and continually shows up in Metroid games and references to the franchise.

Even Geno who screams irrelevance belongs to Mario for all practical purposes. Though my ideas of him were actually in a completely unrelated point to the irrelevance discussion I was making. That entire part of my post was hey, we can at least point to Sakurai knowing who he is and taking time and money to license him which would be his primary hurdle other than priorities in development. That's a much more concrete sort of proof than many characters have sort of thing.

Again, my fear is that the franchise element of being dead is an obstacle that could be too far to overcome for even someone as supported as Isaac. The ONLY precedent we have with this is Pit and Kid Icarus, and well, that's objectively Sakurai bias deciding to add an older retro franchise and then personally ushering it to the new era. Can this happen with a franchise that Sakurai isn't so personally keen on (I mean he's never mentioned Golden Sun in any capacity). I personally don't see why not with the amount of fan demand Golden Sun and Isaac seem to have for Smash in general, but Sakurai has always had questionable reasons for not including characters previously.

Also, yeah no, the handheld arena is not a point I'm going to agree on as him having some sort of bias against handheld inclusion. People have already brought up Pokemon and that comprises nine of our characters so far (Possibly ten). Of the seven Fire Emblem characters, five of them come from handheld FE games. Kid Icarus is more associated with handhelds than console at this point (two handheld games, one on NES). Isabelle and Animal Crossing as a whole likely owes everything to the handheld side where it absolutely ballooned. Electroplankton of all things has a stage. There's a lot of handheld selection already going on. You're actually pretty hard pressed to find Nintendo franchises that are handheld exclusive beyond Golden Sun, so I think there's little merit to saying that Golden Sun isn't included because of it's handheld origins.

Finally, and I hate to do this because I'm essentially validating some of the relevancy argument, Golden Sun is not currently relevant. There has not been a single reference to the series for eight years at this point. Relevancy relies on the basis that games reached a large audience and have had recent releases. Golden Sun has comparatively missed the boat release wise with all three of the games in relation to Smash Bros. Dark Dawn was the closest and that game did not do particularly well. If Nintendo does not see a future or an immediate presence of the character, then that is how characters and franchises are deemed irrelevant. You're correct, there isn't an exact metric to this argument, but there's a general flow people assume when using it.

Isaac would be get in to the game in spite of relevancy, not because he was proven to be relevant. That's why I'll be ecstatic if Golden Sun does indeed get playable representation in Smash. King K. Rool cracked the surface of relevancy with the point that fans could override it. Golden Sun is the next step in having fans usher in not only a dead character, but an ENTIRE DEAD FRANCHISE just through continual love and support and shatter the notions of relevancy. Then we can stop hearing about how it plays roles in character choices completely. As it stands, we're so, so close to being able to do that, and that's exactly what I want to happen. I want Isaac himself as much as I want to be able to lay that argument truly to rest.
I'd like to point something out here, The roster was likely decided upon 5 years ago. That would have meant that Golden Sun would have had a release within the past 3 years in accordance to being selected, so not necessarily long enough at that specific point in time to consider the franchise "irrelevant", despite Dark Dawn not doing as well as the other games. On top of this, Isaac is the most wanted newcomer for a new 1st party series, and potentially even for all current Nintendo characters if the polls are anything to go by. Some people try to pass off Golden Sun as niche, or obscure, but in actuality, it's fairly popular. It's certainly not mainstream levels of popular, but nowhere near niche.

Isaac's in a very unique spot compared to most big names that people are hoping for, as he's from a series not yet represented, and is also 1st party. With his current standing, in ultimate where the game's entirely about fan service to the veteran players, and fan demand, it'd likely be a massive upset if he wasn't included at all. Also- to note on your comment of him being a single character from an unrepped franchise, because it's unrepped is why so many of us have concentrated on getting the face of the series, Isaac, into the game. I'm fairly sure if Isaac gets in, several of us will be rooting for more golden sun reps past Isaac, but as things stand at the moment, it's just a pipe dream, so we're all focusing on getting the most likely candidate.

MeatOfJustice

Smash Journeyman
To this day I'm still surprised Shulk got in.

Sure, his game was released in Japan 2 years before development started, but it didn't sell well. Maybe it was the push of Operation Rainfall and XC fans (not many, but enough for a game like it), or that Nintendo knew they had a gem and took a gamble by giving it a n3DS port and telling Monolith to make XCX, or Sakurai bias because he likes Xenoblade, we don't know for sure; but as Sakurai said "he's not the type of character that joins often".

Against the odds, he got in. And in August KKR proved us that Votes>Relevancy. Nintendo/Camelot having future plans for GS or not, does not matter if we prove how great our support and the franchise is. No matter how much of your hope was lost, our voice cannot stop now, or else our wish will be mute. If Shulk and Xenoblade were saved from the depths of irrelevancy, we can rescue Isaac and GS from its abyss.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Hey ya'll! What's trembling this earth currently?

I haven't popped for a while here due the drought of relevant new info on Ultimate - in fact, we're almost going down a month soon... this game's feeling insanely near.

tbuster766

Smash Journeyman
oh so it's the "sell 678954 bajillion copies" or you're not getting into smash ever that gamefaqs is obsessed with got it. so no golden sun ever, f-zero and earth bound are out next game, same with metroid kirby etc. so only mario pokemon and zelda are allowed cause those are the only 3 that make 678954 bajillion copies. gotcha
Guess no next Bayonetta game going by that logic...ever

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I can't even finish Octopath or Valkyria Chronicles 4. I gotta know if Isaac is in Smash. I'm just here for no reason. Why am I here there's not going to be any news at 11pm on a Monday. There's no content no leaks no speculation that hasn't been speculated.

What if they don't announce a direct this week. Omg. That means it'll be next week. Has to. Haaaas to. Where are all the leaks there should be more leaks closer to release date. The game was rated by the ESRB where is my ESRB leak.

Bruh I gotta know. Those lucky K. Rool fans knowing all early. I need info. I have to know. That Sakurai got me. He ****ing boomed me.

He's so good.
I just imagined you saying all of that really fast like you downed 3 energy drinks before posting. Lol

Mehdow

Smash Journeyman
I was just listening a video in youtube about "100 best songs in N64" and then I heard something very familiar... I was listening to Golden Sun!

Then I opened the tab and realized it was Mario Golf.... I didn't remember that Motoi Sakuraba made the OST, sounds exactly like a track from GS!

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I'd like to point something out here, The roster was likely decided upon 5 years ago. That would have meant that Golden Sun would have had a release within the past 3 years in accordance to being selected, so not necessarily long enough at that specific point in time to consider the franchise "irrelevant", despite Dark Dawn not doing as well as the other games. On top of this, Isaac is the most wanted newcomer for a new 1st party series, and potentially even for all current Nintendo characters if the polls are anything to go by. Some people try to pass off Golden Sun as niche, or obscure, but in actuality, it's fairly popular. It's certainly not mainstream levels of popular, but nowhere near niche.

Isaac's in a very unique spot compared to most big names that people are hoping for, as he's from a series not yet represented, and is also 1st party. With his current standing, in ultimate where the game's entirely about fan service to the veteran players, and fan demand, it'd likely be a massive upset if he wasn't included at all. Also- to note on your comment of him being a single character from an unrepped franchise, because it's unrepped is why so many of us have concentrated on getting the face of the series, Isaac, into the game. I'm fairly sure if Isaac gets in, several of us will be rooting for more golden sun reps past Isaac, but as things stand at the moment, it's just a pipe dream, so we're all focusing on getting the most likely candidate.
Where in the world do you possibly get a roster decided 5 years ago, before Smash 4 was even released?

At best the roster was decided in late 2015 as the ballot was coming to a close. And that’s certainly a full five years after Dark Dawn had released to a middling reception (Even from fans in several cases, though still well regarded by them). 5 years from a subpar release (Im certain Nintendo wanted better from it) of a series that hadn’t seen a release for 8 years prior and likely (barring some crazy GS game that’s been in development hell) had no future. That’s enough to say Golden Sun was almost definitely not a priority, or even possibly a thought for Nintendo at the time.

The one saving grace is the ballot. Isaac’s chances entirely hinge upon the ballot, where we’ve seen lots of evidence through polls to point towards him doing well. That’s certainly good news and hopefully plenty to get him on Sakurai’s radar as a contender. This brings us to the question: Is that enough? And that’s where we stand today waiting desperately to hear about his inclusion in the game.

Again, Golden Sun was a decently performing franchise upon release, and the legacy has been much greater as we see in this thread and all of his continued support. As a first party character there should be no real barrier to his inclusion. But I suspect Dark Dawn hurt the series a lot to the point where the series was shelved and made a complete non priority, possibly leading to Isaac’s exclusion in Smash 4 (Though we know of nothing about that specific decision). And those stains may be the issue were up against is what I’m saying. Obviously, Golden Sun doesn’t have a rep. But I’m saying that’s one of the issues. It’s not just a character you’re bringing back, it’s an entire franchise and I’ve said multiple times, that’s where my fears lie. That any franchise that’s considered dead by Nintendo not already in Smash might be a bigger obstacle than we think. Again, a fear of mine, not a way in which I’m trying to decrease hype, and from that something I think that’s worth discussing.

I certainly hope the fan support is there, and that the dedication of all fans to loving their character is enough to overcome whatever notions of Golden Sun as a dead IP may exist. But that’s certainly what we’re facing until his reveal or release.

On to another part:
And for Shulk, I feel like you can’t ignore Operations Rainfall which entirely forced the game to exist in North America after there had been no plans to release the game and the runaway success of the IP once it was released even through exclusivity at GameStop. There was a massive fan precedent there that helped a decently popular character in Japan get in to the game. The success of Xenoblade in the states alongside the fact that Monolith Soft and Nintendo were continuing to work on what would be Xenoblade Chronicles X helps Shulk immensely as there seemed to be a future for the franchise (in a game where it was practically all about recency for the newcomers). He was in much better shape than Isaac sadly.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I don't think Sakurai will mention any hurdle for Isaac regarding the state of his series or sales or how old he is. He even brings up in Isabelle's interview how some of these characters in Smash come from titles that are from quite a while ago. Makes me think it's things that fans bring up but he doesn't really consider a big deal, like Geno's interview just talks about how popular and requested he is despite being an old character.

I mean sure, we could nitpick and analyze and convince ourselves that it never applies to Isaac's situation and he's always the exception to every character that breaks the rule. If Isaac really does have all these restrictions and criteria to overcome, maybe he's never getting in Smash. But then again I'm still supporting and waiting for a character that apparently should be in, going by the criteria that's keeping Isaac out (though still got a month to get through the rest of the reveals).

Even though there's a part of me that wants Sakurai's interview about Isaac to delve into this whole storyline cause it seems like our journey been combating this one argument. He's probs going to say the same old that he says about the other popular characters that has joined the roster so far, 'We've received a ton of requests for this character so here they are!'

Though the ballot and Isaac being a character want since Brawl has just been the things I mainly hinged Isaac's inclusion on anyways with Ultimate's fan service direction at the least.

Last edited:

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman

Also one thing everybody seems to forget, Pit got in because Sakurai liked him, but his series was essential dead. More than 10 years since a game had come out. Also Ice Climbers, they were dead also and they haven't gotten anything since they were released in Smash. I don't think recency/ relevancy means anything when it comes to a characters chances for Smash. It is just an illusion that people have slapped over it as an argument for characters who are not the ones they want. Also Duck Hunt Dog is just as old as those previously mentioned. In relevancy he is up there but recency nowhere close. And yet Sakurai took a character with little in the ways of a basic moveset and now we have DH in Smash.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Updated support list.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. ?!?!?!
  7. Accursed
  8. Adeptmune
  9. Agk0001
  10. Aguki90
  11. airConditioner
  12. AirMac1
  13. aldelaro5
  14. alguidrag
  15. Akod
  16. Altais
  17. Amberloo
  18. Amtoj
  19. AncientArk
  20. andimidna
  21. Androobie
  22. Aeon Lupin
  23. Apollyon
  24. Aqua Rock X
  25. AquaDork1
  26. AquaSol
  27. Arcadenik
  28. ArkSPiTFirE
  29. Arsenal234,
  30. Arteen
  31. Asian_Charizard
  32. Astraltar
  33. Aureola
  34. Aurora Jenny
  35. AustarusIV
  36. AwesomeCauliflower68
  37. Awesomedude444
  38. aztimh
  39. Backgammon
  40. Baddies are back
  41. Balgorxz
  42. BandannaWaddleDee
  43. Bane84
  44. Banjodorf
  45. bassem6
  46. Bassoonist
  47. Billybae10K
  48. BillyBat
  49. Bingoshi
  50. Bkupa666
  51. Black Magician
  52. Blackwolf666
  53. Blaziken
  54. Blue7113
  55. BluePikmin11
  56. BoltDragon
  57. BoN~
  58. Bowser-Daimao
  59. BravadoMan_13
  60. BridgesWithTurtles
  61. Brother AJ
  62. Browny
  63. Buddy002
  64. Bunny8093
  65. BUnit
  66. Burruni
  67. Calamitas
  68. Calane
  69. CactusBlah
  70. candyissweet
  71. Capita
  72. Cap'nChreest
  73. Captain Toad
  74. CardStealer1
  75. Cazzone,
  76. Chapter Serf
  77. CheckmateChuck
  78. CheeseBroJoe
  79. Cheezey Bites
  80. Chromfirmed
  81. Chrono.
  82. ChronoPenguin
  83. clearandsweet
  84. ClinkStryphart
  85. CliffJumper
  86. Clumsyzephyr
  87. cocy965
  88. Cos.
  89. Coaltergeist
  90. Confirmation
  91. Crap-Zapper
  92. CrocoLoco
  93. CrossDispatcher
  94. cybersai
  95. Dalek_Kolt
  96. Darkdarkness
  97. Darkfur
  98. DatoSm
  99. Delta64
  100. Demonfunds
  101. Dendros
  102. Desert Croc
  103. Destroyer713
  104. Dezeray112
  105. Dhragen
  106. Dib The Crazy Kid
  107. Diddy Kong
  108. Dihan
  109. Dimensionsword64
  110. Dionaea_floridensis
  111. direktor
  112. DivinexRose
  113. DJ3DS
  114. DJBor
  115. D-Man9293
  116. DMurr
  117. DogManStar
  118. DoodleDuck97
  119. Doncalot
  120. DraginHikari
  121. Drakonis
  122. DrJayfox
  123. Dromader
  124. DukeNapoleon
  125. DustyPumpkin
  126. Dyllybirdy
  127. e105beta
  128. Eagle
  129. EclairSpark
  130. EclipseSmash
  131. EddyBearr
  132. ED Cantu
  133. Edlocke
  134. egaddmario
  135. ElPanandero
  136. El Syd
  137. EndlessChrom
  138. EndlessRain
  139. EnhaloTricks
  140. EricTheGamerman
  141. Essora
  142. ETFruitNinja
  143. ethanrodgers223
  144. Ezequileste
  145. Falgor
  146. Falkoopa
  147. False Sense
  148. FamiconDisk
  149. Felix_the_Slayer
  150. fenyx4
  151. ferioku
  152. Fire Rider
  153. Fire Tactician
  154. Fire_Voyager
  155. FirstBlade
  156. Flamel
  157. Flamingbird
  158. Flareon
  159. Flarzo
  160. Flik
  161. FlintIke
  162. Flynn.Scifo
  163. fogbadge.
  164. foolssigma
  165. FooltheFlames
  166. FrankAL
  167. FreddyOnDrugs
  168. Friesnchip
  169. Frosty Pops
  170. GalacticPetey
  171. Gameguy1996
  172. Gazorpazorpfield
  173. Geassguy
  174. gebi
  175. Geno Boost
  176. ghastmine
  177. Ghirahilda
  178. GhostStorm
  179. Gioka
  180. GladiusVortex
  181. GM_3826
  182. GoldenBoy01
  183. Golden Icarus
  184. GoldenSunIsAlive
  185. GoodGrief741
  186. Gotann
  187. GraveEclipse567
  188. gspindles
  189. Gurein
  190. Hakerson
  191. heylodom
  192. Highway20
  193. Holdenon
  194. hustler713
  195. Huanchi
  196. hwrdjacob
  197. iam8bit
  198. Icana
  199. iDazedX_x
  200. Inawordyes
  201. IntelliHeath1
  202. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  203. isaac3000
  204. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  205. Isaac for Smash Pls
  206. IsaacOrRiot
  207. Isaac: Venus Adept
  208. Istry555
  209. ItsRainingGravy
  210. ItsYio
  211. IvanQuote
  212. JaidynReiman
  213. Jak_spoon
  214. JamesDNaux
  215. James Tutumbero
  216. Jamurai
  217. Jandlebars
  218. JarBear
  219. Jclubsandwich
  220. JDogindy
  221. JesseMcCloud
  222. Johnknight1
  223. JohnnySparkxs
  224. JoyStar
  225. Jupiter Ivan
  226. Jurae818
  227. Just a random scrub
  228. jweb22
  229. Kalaam
  230. Kalomaze
  231. KCCHIEFS27
  232. KeniththeGatherer
  233. KeybladeSmasher
  234. KHJason95
  235. Kikaru
  236. Kind Dedede
  237. KingCloud
  238. KingShadow
  239. KingTorra
  240. KiraYoshikage
  241. KirbyDragon
  242. Kirbyfan391
  243. Kisae
  244. Klimax
  245. KMDP
  246. Knight-Adept
  247. KoalaNut
  248. Kokirikory
  249. KoopaSaki
  250. Koori
  251. Kremling Man
  252. Kumatora
  253. KurouKamen
  254. Kycse
  255. Lady Palutena
  256. Lampy
  257. LaniusShrike
  258. lanky_gunner
  259. LasermasterA
  260. Leafeon523
  261. Ledfarmer
  262. LeeYawshee
  263. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  264. LegendOfDragoon
  265. legendofrob1
  266. LemmyKoopa
  267. lexpic17
  268. lightdasher
  269. LightheartedBum
  270. Lightosia
  271. Linq
  272. Lisbon Mapping
  273. littl-myth
  274. Liverpool19
  275. LoboRundas
  276. Lone (Thirteenth)
  277. Lonodel
  278. Lord-Zero
  279. Lucanic
  280. Lucimar
  281. Ludjinnado
  282. Luigifan18
  283. lunarum
  284. Lukingordex
  285. Lurxy
  286. Lynn Eslie
  287. M23-X0
  288. MacSmitty
  289. MagiusNecros
  290. MAGMIS
  291. MainJPW
  292. Malcolm Belmont
  293. MaskO'Gears
  294. Master Rapier
  295. MasterMushroom
  296. MatthewVenusAdept
  297. Mav485
  298. McLapras
  299. MeatOfJustice
  300. Mega Bidoof
  301. Mehdow
  302. Mendelsin
  303. MetalMario128
  304. Metocles
  305. Midnight Torch
  306. Miifighters4Smash5
  307. Minato Arisato
  308. Mike Cometa
  309. Mikegamer0608
  310. Mishudo
  311. Monkokaio
  312. MonopolyRubix
  313. MorbidAltruism
  314. Moydow
  315. MrGame&Rock
  316. MrMacBeth
  317. MrToxicVoltage
  318. Muirkat
  319. Mythzotick
  320. mynameisv
  321. MysticKnives
  322. N1N
  323. N3ON
  324. Nauzgo
  325. Necro Toad
  326. Neo Zero
  327. NessAtc.
  328. Niala
  329. Nimbostratus
  330. NineS
  331. Ninjakid41592
  332. Nintandy
  333. Nintendokusou
  334. NitrusVirus
  335. NonSpecificGuy
  336. NoOtherPersona
  337. NoR4U
  338. Nossnitro102
  339. Octillus
  340. Oddyesy
  341. oh.glory
  342. OhMyBanana54
  343. Olo
  344. Onassi2
  345. Oniric Spriter
  346. OpticalBlast
  347. OptimisticStrifer
  348. Oracle_Summon
  349. Organization XIII
  350. osby
  351. otarolgam
  352. Oz37
  353. Pacack
  354. Papagenos
  355. ParanoidDrone
  356. Pcubed007
  357. Pennate
  358. Phaazoid
  359. PhilosophicAnimal
  360. pholtos
  361. Pizza Robo
  362. P.Kat
  363. Plain Yogurt
  364. Playcube
  365. PlayfulMushroom
  366. POKEMANSPIKA
  367. PokiehlthePoet
  368. Powerman293
  369. praline
  370. proxian
  371. psb123
  372. PSIguy89
  373. PSYNergy
  374. PrinceGal3n
  375. PurpleStuff5
  376. PWN3
  377. Pwnapplez
  378. Pyzlnar
  379. QcSlayer
  380. Q-Long
  381. Quetzal77
  382. R.O.B.
  383. Radical Beam
  384. Radori
  385. Raetah
  386. Rafuki21
  387. Raykz
  388. Raziek
  389. Red Dasher
  390. Red Ryu
  391. RegiGygas117
  392. RenH
  393. Replica
  394. Rethuic
  395. Retroen
  396. RetroMetalSonic
  397. RhymeswithEmpty
  398. Roger Smith
  399. RosaPeach
  400. Royaru
  401. Royvolution Ream
  402. RumpletrellskiN
  403. Ryan
  404. Ryuji
  405. Ryuutakeshi
  406. Sabrewulf238
  407. Saer2k
  408. Sagittarius
  409. Salocin
  410. sandfall
  411. SanicJan
  412. Sari
  413. Scatmansworld25
  414. Scoliosis Jones
  415. scoobymcsnack
  416. Seb9k+
  417. SebasSancy
  418. Secret Sexytime
  419. Seleir
  420. Seoxys
  421. Sephazon
  422. ShadowGuy1
  423. Shawnullah
  424. sheik93
  425. shellshocker18
  426. Shin F.
  427. Shinhed-echi
  428. Shiny Porygon
  429. Shog
  430. Sidboylol
  431. Silo777
  432. SirCamp
  433. Skeleton o' Fun
  434. SkullKidKing
  435. Skyblade12
  436. Skyfox2000
  437. sman3975
  438. Smash_Handle69
  439. SmashBro99
  440. smashingDoug
  441. smashkirby
  442. Smashmar2
  443. smash puffle
  444. SmashShadow
  445. smashtriforce77
  446. smileMasky
  447. SmilingMad
  448. SMX
  449. Solbliminal
  450. Solfiner
  451. someonetookjacob
  452. SonicLink125
  453. SonicSmasher
  454. SoraSaturn
  455. Sordim522
  456. SorMago
  457. SorrowOfAcheron
  458. SoulofKhaos
  459. Soulsaint
  460. SoupCanMafia
  461. Sparkus
  462. Spatman
  463. Spazzy_D
  464. Speedwagon
  465. spoilerowl
  466. Spootondorf
  467. Sqid
  468. Squirtle/Mario guy
  469. SSBFan
  470. Staarih
  471. StaffofSmashing
  472. Strider_Bond00J
  473. StrikeBlade
  474. SuperBrawler
  475. Superfiremario
  476. SuperNintendoKid
  477. Supersmash77
  478. Superyoshiom
  479. Swampasaur
  480. Sykin
  481. Takasmash
  482. tamagone
  483. TappyBat
  484. TBone06
  485. tbuster766
  486. TCT~Phantom
  487. TeamFlareZakk
  488. Techno1000
  489. TeenGirlSquad
  490. TehEpicRyuga
  491. TempestSurge
  492. Tetiro
  493. ThatShadowLink
  494. THE 6r
  495. The Curious Volnutt
  496. The One Who Wrote This
  497. Thekewlusername
  498. T-Hell
  499. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  500. TheSeanMan
  501. TheSpaceKing
  502. The Stoopid Unikorn
  503. TheTactician
  504. THE TemporaryFool
  505. thethirdkoopa
  506. TheZoologist
  507. ThirdDay
  508. ThoughtfulWanderer
  509. ThunderOverload
  510. TiaSilvia
  511. TimeSmash
  512. Tinfoil
  513. Tiymako
  514. ToothiestAura
  515. topspin1617
  516. Travix Man
  517. TreeBranch
  518. True Blue Warrior
  519. Turmalinium
  520. tveye
  521. tyrus+
  522. UltimateWario
  523. Ultinarok
  524. Undella2
  525. User Name String
  526. UtopianPoyzin
  527. Vann Accessible
  528. Vegito2727
  529. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  530. Vintage Creep
  531. Violenceman
  532. walph
  533. warelander
  534. Warheart_666
  535. Wigglytuff ★
  536. winterofsilver
  537. Wintropy
  538. WhiteEaglePL
  539. Xelion
  540. Xenigma
  541. XenoWarriorX
  542. XeVioN
  543. Xiivi
  544. Xithyl_kykorl
  545. xLemmy_KoopaX
  546. xpnc
  547. XTremeGamer1234
  548. XxLtxX
  549. Yangfly Leone
  550. YellowLord
  551. Yggdra
  552. Yoh
  553. Yoshi444
  554. YoshiandToad
  555. Young Horsetail
  556. Your Hero
  557. Ypsen
  558. Yuki Setsuna
  559. Yusa
  560. YwhaletailY
  561. Zabadoo
  562. zabimaru1000
  563. zagman505
  564. zaiman12345
  565. Zalaresh
  566. Zandro
  567. ZanZero
  568. ZarroTsu
  569. ZeldaMaster
  570. ZelDan
  571. ZestyÑ
  572. zferolie
  573. zmero_
  574. Zulyar
  575. Zuppo

Black Magician

Smash Apprentice
Updated support list.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. ?!?!?!
  7. Accursed
  8. Adeptmune
  9. Agk0001
  10. Aguki90
  11. airConditioner
  12. AirMac1
  13. aldelaro5
  14. alguidrag
  15. Akod
  16. Altais
  17. Amberloo
  18. Amtoj
  19. AncientArk
  20. andimidna
  21. Androobie
  22. Aeon Lupin
  23. Apollyon
  24. Aqua Rock X
  25. AquaDork1
  26. AquaSol
  27. Arcadenik
  28. ArkSPiTFirE
  29. Arsenal234,
  30. Arteen
  31. Asian_Charizard
  32. Astraltar
  33. Aureola
  34. Aurora Jenny
  35. AustarusIV
  36. AwesomeCauliflower68
  37. Awesomedude444
  38. aztimh
  39. Backgammon
  40. Baddies are back
  41. Balgorxz
  42. BandannaWaddleDee
  43. Bane84
  44. Banjodorf
  45. bassem6
  46. Bassoonist
  47. Billybae10K
  48. BillyBat
  49. Bingoshi
  50. Bkupa666
  51. Black Magician
  52. Blackwolf666
  53. Blaziken
  54. Blue7113
  55. BluePikmin11
  56. BoltDragon
  57. BoN~
  58. Bowser-Daimao
  59. BravadoMan_13
  60. BridgesWithTurtles
  61. Brother AJ
  62. Browny
  63. Buddy002
  64. Bunny8093
  65. BUnit
  66. Burruni
  67. Calamitas
  68. Calane
  69. CactusBlah
  70. candyissweet
  71. Capita
  72. Cap'nChreest
  73. Captain Toad
  74. CardStealer1
  75. Cazzone,
  76. Chapter Serf
  77. CheckmateChuck
  78. CheeseBroJoe
  79. Cheezey Bites
  80. Chromfirmed
  81. Chrono.
  82. ChronoPenguin
  83. clearandsweet
  84. ClinkStryphart
  85. CliffJumper
  86. Clumsyzephyr
  87. cocy965
  88. Cos.
  89. Coaltergeist
  90. Confirmation
  91. Crap-Zapper
  92. CrocoLoco
  93. CrossDispatcher
  94. cybersai
  95. Dalek_Kolt
  96. Darkdarkness
  97. Darkfur
  98. DatoSm
  99. Delta64
  100. Demonfunds
  101. Dendros
  102. Desert Croc
  103. Destroyer713
  104. Dezeray112
  105. Dhragen
  106. Dib The Crazy Kid
  107. Diddy Kong
  108. Dihan
  109. Dimensionsword64
  110. Dionaea_floridensis
  111. direktor
  112. DivinexRose
  113. DJ3DS
  114. DJBor
  115. D-Man9293
  116. DMurr
  117. DogManStar
  118. DoodleDuck97
  119. Doncalot
  120. DraginHikari
  121. Drakonis
  122. DrJayfox
  123. Dromader
  124. DukeNapoleon
  125. DustyPumpkin
  126. Dyllybirdy
  127. e105beta
  128. Eagle
  129. EclairSpark
  130. EclipseSmash
  131. EddyBearr
  132. ED Cantu
  133. Edlocke
  134. egaddmario
  135. ElPanandero
  136. El Syd
  137. EndlessChrom
  138. EndlessRain
  139. EnhaloTricks
  140. EricTheGamerman
  141. Essora
  142. ETFruitNinja
  143. ethanrodgers223
  144. Ezequileste
  145. Falgor
  146. Falkoopa
  147. False Sense
  148. FamiconDisk
  149. Felix_the_Slayer
  150. fenyx4
  151. ferioku
  152. Fire Rider
  153. Fire Tactician
  154. Fire_Voyager
  155. FirstBlade
  156. Flamel
  157. Flamingbird
  158. Flareon
  159. Flarzo
  160. Flik
  161. FlintIke
  162. Flynn.Scifo
  163. fogbadge.
  164. foolssigma
  165. FooltheFlames
  166. FrankAL
  167. FreddyOnDrugs
  168. Friesnchip
  169. Frosty Pops
  170. GalacticPetey
  171. Gameguy1996
  172. Gazorpazorpfield
  173. Geassguy
  174. gebi
  175. Geno Boost
  176. ghastmine
  177. Ghirahilda
  178. GhostStorm
  179. Gioka
  180. GladiusVortex
  181. GM_3826
  182. GoldenBoy01
  183. Golden Icarus
  184. GoldenSunIsAlive
  185. GoodGrief741
  186. Gotann
  187. GraveEclipse567
  188. gspindles
  189. Gurein
  190. Hakerson
  191. heylodom
  192. Highway20
  193. Holdenon
  194. hustler713
  195. Huanchi
  196. hwrdjacob
  197. iam8bit
  198. Icana
  199. iDazedX_x
  200. Inawordyes
  201. IntelliHeath1
  202. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  203. isaac3000
  204. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  205. Isaac for Smash Pls
  206. IsaacOrRiot
  207. Isaac: Venus Adept
  208. Istry555
  209. ItsRainingGravy
  210. ItsYio
  211. IvanQuote
  212. JaidynReiman
  213. Jak_spoon
  214. JamesDNaux
  215. James Tutumbero
  216. Jamurai
  217. Jandlebars
  218. JarBear
  219. Jclubsandwich
  220. JDogindy
  221. JesseMcCloud
  222. Johnknight1
  223. JohnnySparkxs
  224. JoyStar
  225. Jupiter Ivan
  226. Jurae818
  227. Just a random scrub
  228. jweb22
  229. Kalaam
  230. Kalomaze
  231. KCCHIEFS27
  232. KeniththeGatherer
  233. KeybladeSmasher
  234. KHJason95
  235. Kikaru
  236. Kind Dedede
  237. KingCloud
  238. KingShadow
  239. KingTorra
  240. KiraYoshikage
  241. KirbyDragon
  242. Kirbyfan391
  243. Kisae
  244. Klimax
  245. KMDP
  246. Knight-Adept
  247. KoalaNut
  248. Kokirikory
  249. KoopaSaki
  250. Koori
  251. Kremling Man
  252. Kumatora
  253. KurouKamen
  254. Kycse
  255. Lady Palutena
  256. Lampy
  257. LaniusShrike
  258. lanky_gunner
  259. LasermasterA
  260. Leafeon523
  261. Ledfarmer
  262. LeeYawshee
  263. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  264. LegendOfDragoon
  265. legendofrob1
  266. LemmyKoopa
  267. lexpic17
  268. lightdasher
  269. LightheartedBum
  270. Lightosia
  271. Linq
  272. Lisbon Mapping
  273. littl-myth
  274. Liverpool19
  275. LoboRundas
  276. Lone (Thirteenth)
  277. Lonodel
  278. Lord-Zero
  279. Lucanic
  280. Lucimar
  281. Ludjinnado
  282. Luigifan18
  283. lunarum
  284. Lukingordex
  285. Lurxy
  286. Lynn Eslie
  287. M23-X0
  288. MacSmitty
  289. MagiusNecros
  290. MAGMIS
  291. MainJPW
  292. Malcolm Belmont
  293. MaskO'Gears
  294. Master Rapier
  295. MasterMushroom
  296. MatthewVenusAdept
  297. Mav485
  298. McLapras
  299. MeatOfJustice
  300. Mega Bidoof
  301. Mehdow
  302. Mendelsin
  303. MetalMario128
  304. Metocles
  305. Midnight Torch
  306. Miifighters4Smash5
  307. Minato Arisato
  308. Mike Cometa
  309. Mikegamer0608
  310. Mishudo
  311. Monkokaio
  312. MonopolyRubix
  313. MorbidAltruism
  314. Moydow
  315. MrGame&Rock
  316. MrMacBeth
  317. MrToxicVoltage
  318. Muirkat
  319. Mythzotick
  320. mynameisv
  321. MysticKnives
  322. N1N
  323. N3ON
  324. Nauzgo
  325. Necro Toad
  326. Neo Zero
  327. NessAtc.
  328. Niala
  329. Nimbostratus
  330. NineS
  331. Ninjakid41592
  332. Nintandy
  333. Nintendokusou
  334. NitrusVirus
  335. NonSpecificGuy
  336. NoOtherPersona
  337. NoR4U
  338. Nossnitro102
  339. Octillus
  340. Oddyesy
  341. oh.glory
  342. OhMyBanana54
  343. Olo
  344. Onassi2
  345. Oniric Spriter
  346. OpticalBlast
  347. OptimisticStrifer
  348. Oracle_Summon
  349. Organization XIII
  350. osby
  351. otarolgam
  352. Oz37
  353. Pacack
  354. Papagenos
  355. ParanoidDrone
  356. Pcubed007
  357. Pennate
  358. Phaazoid
  359. PhilosophicAnimal
  360. pholtos
  361. Pizza Robo
  362. P.Kat
  363. Plain Yogurt
  364. Playcube
  365. PlayfulMushroom
  366. POKEMANSPIKA
  367. PokiehlthePoet
  368. Powerman293
  369. praline
  370. proxian
  371. psb123
  372. PSIguy89
  373. PSYNergy
  374. PrinceGal3n
  375. PurpleStuff5
  376. PWN3
  377. Pwnapplez
  378. Pyzlnar
  379. QcSlayer
  380. Q-Long
  381. Quetzal77
  382. R.O.B.
  383. Radical Beam
  384. Radori
  385. Raetah
  386. Rafuki21
  387. Raykz
  388. Raziek
  389. Red Dasher
  390. Red Ryu
  391. RegiGygas117
  392. RenH
  393. Replica
  394. Rethuic
  395. Retroen
  396. RetroMetalSonic
  397. RhymeswithEmpty
  398. Roger Smith
  399. RosaPeach
  400. Royaru
  401. Royvolution Ream
  402. RumpletrellskiN
  403. Ryan
  404. Ryuji
  405. Ryuutakeshi
  406. Sabrewulf238
  407. Saer2k
  408. Sagittarius
  409. Salocin
  410. sandfall
  411. SanicJan
  412. Sari
  413. Scatmansworld25
  414. Scoliosis Jones
  415. scoobymcsnack
  416. Seb9k+
  417. SebasSancy
  418. Secret Sexytime
  419. Seleir
  420. Seoxys
  421. Sephazon
  422. ShadowGuy1
  423. Shawnullah
  424. sheik93
  425. shellshocker18
  426. Shin F.
  427. Shinhed-echi
  428. Shiny Porygon
  429. Shog
  430. Sidboylol
  431. Silo777
  432. SirCamp
  433. Skeleton o' Fun
  434. SkullKidKing
  435. Skyblade12
  436. Skyfox2000
  437. sman3975
  438. Smash_Handle69
  439. SmashBro99
  440. smashingDoug
  441. smashkirby
  442. Smashmar2
  443. smash puffle
  444. SmashShadow
  445. smashtriforce77
  446. smileMasky
  447. SmilingMad
  448. SMX
  449. Solbliminal
  450. Solfiner
  451. someonetookjacob
  452. SonicLink125
  453. SonicSmasher
  454. SoraSaturn
  455. Sordim522
  456. SorMago
  457. SorrowOfAcheron
  458. SoulofKhaos
  459. Soulsaint
  460. SoupCanMafia
  461. Sparkus
  462. Spatman
  463. Spazzy_D
  464. Speedwagon
  465. spoilerowl
  466. Spootondorf
  467. Sqid
  468. Squirtle/Mario guy
  469. SSBFan
  470. Staarih
  471. StaffofSmashing
  472. Strider_Bond00J
  473. StrikeBlade
  474. SuperBrawler
  475. Superfiremario
  476. SuperNintendoKid
  477. Supersmash77
  478. Superyoshiom
  479. Swampasaur
  480. Sykin
  481. Takasmash
  482. tamagone
  483. TappyBat
  484. TBone06
  485. tbuster766
  486. TCT~Phantom
  487. TeamFlareZakk
  488. Techno1000
  489. TeenGirlSquad
  490. TehEpicRyuga
  491. TempestSurge
  492. Tetiro
  493. ThatShadowLink
  494. THE 6r
  495. The Curious Volnutt
  496. The One Who Wrote This
  497. Thekewlusername
  498. T-Hell
  499. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  500. TheSeanMan
  501. TheSpaceKing
  502. The Stoopid Unikorn
  503. TheTactician
  504. THE TemporaryFool
  505. thethirdkoopa
  506. TheZoologist
  507. ThirdDay
  508. ThoughtfulWanderer
  509. ThunderOverload
  510. TiaSilvia
  511. TimeSmash
  512. Tinfoil
  513. Tiymako
  514. ToothiestAura
  515. topspin1617
  516. Travix Man
  517. TreeBranch
  518. True Blue Warrior
  519. Turmalinium
  520. tveye
  521. tyrus+
  522. UltimateWario
  523. Ultinarok
  524. Undella2
  525. User Name String
  526. UtopianPoyzin
  527. Vann Accessible
  528. Vegito2727
  529. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  530. Vintage Creep
  531. Violenceman
  532. walph
  533. warelander
  534. Warheart_666
  535. Wigglytuff ★
  536. winterofsilver
  537. Wintropy
  538. WhiteEaglePL
  539. Xelion
  540. Xenigma
  541. XenoWarriorX
  542. XeVioN
  543. Xiivi
  544. Xithyl_kykorl
  545. xLemmy_KoopaX
  546. xpnc
  547. XTremeGamer1234
  548. XxLtxX
  549. Yangfly Leone
  550. YellowLord
  551. Yggdra
  552. Yoh
  553. Yoshi444
  554. YoshiandToad
  555. Young Horsetail
  556. Your Hero
  557. Ypsen
  558. Yuki Setsuna
  559. Yusa
  560. YwhaletailY
  561. Zabadoo
  562. zabimaru1000
  563. zagman505
  564. zaiman12345
  565. Zalaresh
  566. Zandro
  567. ZanZero
  568. ZarroTsu
  569. ZeldaMaster
  570. ZelDan
  571. ZestyÑ
  572. zferolie
  573. zmero_
  574. Zulyar
  575. Zuppo
Welcome, fellow Adept! Be Sure you pin True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior to be added to the support group.
Edit: He beat me to it. :p
Thanks :D Honestly he rarely comes back into my party in LA (Felix 4 lyf), but GS is just, like, so good, you know?

On topic, I reckon our boy has a decent shot. He's by no means *certain*, and I'd rate his chances lower than e.g. Geno, but I'd like to think Sakurai pays attention to the fans, and over a decade of consistent support isn't nothing.

TappyBat

Smash Ace
Thanks :D Honestly he rarely comes back into my party in LA (Felix 4 lyf), but GS is just, like, so good, you know?

On topic, I reckon our boy has a decent shot. He's by no means *certain*, and I'd rate his chances lower than e.g. Geno, but I'd like to think Sakurai pays attention to the fans, and over a decade of consistent support isn't nothing.
lets just hope he doesn't get trophie'd again. much like everyone else.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
Also one thing everybody seems to forget, Pit got in because Sakurai liked him, but his series was essential dead. More than 10 years since a game had come out. Also Ice Climbers, they were dead also and they haven't gotten anything since they were released in Smash. I don't think recency/ relevancy means anything when it comes to a characters chances for Smash. It is just an illusion that people have slapped over it as an argument for characters who are not the ones they want. Also Duck Hunt Dog is just as old as those previously mentioned. In relevancy he is up there but recency nowhere close. And yet Sakurai took a character with little in the ways of a basic moveset and now we have DH in Smash.
Yep and Sakurai even stated before that Pit's inclusion was due to the popularity he had in the US and Japan. https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.gamezone.com/originals/sakurai-responds-to-ssb-brawl-poll/amp/ Isaac is a big request in both the US and Europe and has a small fanbase in Japan. Sakurai never mentioned Pit being an NES or retro rep like he did for the Ice Climbers which means he was in the same boat that Isaac is in now. Also to note Pit's inclusion was done before there was even plans for a revival as Uprising was made into a Kid Icarus themed game later in development. Even the cancelled attempt at a Kid Icarus revival in the Wii era was definitely unknown to Sakurai when as the redesign he did greatly differs to the cancelled game and that project began development in 2007 while the Brawl character selection was done in 2005

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I’ve addressed Kid Icarus as the one exception of a dead franchise so far, and that’s again, entirely a Sakurai bias moment of I like this and want to bring it back. Ice Climbers and ROB are in a very similar situation of just being completely ignored until he brought them back. The Duck Hunt Dog is very different though. As a character in Smash. But for years I’ve talked to people who know of Duck Hunt and specifically remember the dog that used to laugh at them. The NES Zapper has a huge classic legacy to pull from. The common theme of all of these being that Sakurai liked them and wanted to include them as fighters. My point continues to be that I think it’s safe to say Isaac does not benefit from that at this point, otherwise he wouldn’t have been so easily tossed aside for Smash 4.

Again, Isaac’s chances are entirely dependent on fan support of the franchise and him. He doesn’t have any sense of relevancy on his side (and you cannot possibly look at the Smash 4 newcomers and tell me relevancy doesn’t play at least some major role in Smash decision making) nor does he have the grace of Sakurai like Pit did with Kid Icarus.

He’s a fan choice through and through, and would be the nail in the coffin so I can say hey, we can definitely make things happen as a community in all possibly ways just through love and support. That’s a positive outcome that I definitely want to see, and it helps speculation for the future as long as they are willing to listen to fans even a little character request wise. I hope he made it into Sakurai’s eyes, and that outpouring of love was enough. I really do.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
Yep and Sakurai even stated before that Pit's inclusion was due to the popularity he had in the US and Japan. https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.gamezone.com/originals/sakurai-responds-to-ssb-brawl-poll/amp/ Isaac is a big request in both the US and Europe and has a small fanbase in Japan. Sakurai never mentioned Pit being an NES or retro rep like he did for the Ice Climbers which means he was in the same boat that Isaac is in now. Also to note Pit's inclusion was done before there was even plans for a revival as Uprising was made into a Kid Icarus themed game later in development. Even the cancelled attempt at a Kid Icarus revival in the Wii era was definitely unknown to Sakurai when as the redesign he did greatly differs to the cancelled game and that project began development in 2007 while the Brawl character selection was done in 2005
lol I'm glad they did not go with that Bomberman Act Zero tier design

Isaac: Venus Adept Isaac: Venus Adept shouldn't you change your picture to have Isaac be Number 69?
hehe

Last edited:
Top Bottom