• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

QcSlayer

Smash Journeyman
I would love it if Namco put Dark Souls music in Smash. Golden Sun, Tales of, Dark Souls, etc. all Motoi Sakuraba classics.

I would love it too.

Since we are talking about Dark Souls, it's a serie I discovered whit the remaster of the first game on PS4.

I higly recomend this game to everyone in this thread. It can be really hard but when you will succeded in a boss fight you will have a felling of acomplissement!

The first one is coming soon to Switch, I don't know anything about the quality of the port on the Switch, but I do recomend the PS4/XBOX version.

Dark Souls may have undead, but it's in no way an horror game.

This game is amazing for this reason: When you are scare, IT'S BECAUSE OF YOUR OWN WEAKNESS AS AN HUMAN BEHING! Any ennemy in this game can completelly destroy you if you are not careful.

I really loved the first one and the third, but did not like the 2nd one.

Edit: Bloodborne is great too, but only available on PS4.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
As for my poll, these are the results atm

Good to see Golden Sun in 3rd place behind F-Zero and Mother, but not so good with Eternal Darkness. That is one franchise that Nintendo could reboot to pocket as one of their Mature titles.

Muirkat

Smash Apprentice
I would love it too.

Since we are talking about Dark Souls, it's a serie I discovered whit the remaster of the first game on PS4.

I higly recomend this game to everyone in this thread. It can be really hard but when you will succeded in a boss fight you will have a felling of acomplissement!

The first one is coming soon to Switch, I don't know anything about the quality of the port on the Switch, but I do recomend the PS4/XBOX version.

Dark Souls may have undead, but it's in no way an horror game.

This game is amazing for this reason: When you are scare, IT'S BECAUSE OF YOUR OWN WEAKNESS AS AN HUMAN BEHING! Any ennemy in this game can completelly destroy you if you are not careful.

I really loved the first one and the third, but did not like the 2nd one.
^ All of this.

Gotta say though, I really wasn't feeling Dark Souls 3 until about a 3rd of the way through. After I beat the main game I was still just luke warm on it, then the DLC came out at that raised it from a 6.5 to a 9 for me. DLC is a MUST for Dark Souls 3.

Q-Long

Smash Lord
I'm 100% sure we'll see SOMETHING Dark Souls related. Music, AT, or Boss. Personally, I'd be all in for a Ornstein and Smough boss battle.
(Also, you picked the music from my favorite boss in Dark Souls. I'm actually making a cosplay of Slave Knight Gael right now https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dnqx7exVsAIvOzx.jpg )
Damn man, that's awesome. I love Gael!

And yeah if there's a character appearance, its either Ornstein and Smough or Solaire.

Knight-Adept

Smash Cadet
I have traversed Weyard forthwith to pledge my allegiance to the cause of Isaac for Smash Ultimate. Though we have waited long, our hearts are not faint, nor has our courage abated. The Golden Sun shall rise again!

True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
Why do many of the primary YouTube/Reddit speculators (not leakers, speculators) ignore the Rathalos tweet?

The similarities (Silent Protagonist to Silent Protagonist, Fire Emblem to Fire Wielder, Future Seer to Future Seer, the pose and angle of the general setup) just make it seem all too suspicious.

I would say that, as of now, Isaac is dang near confirmed for Smush. Or Sm5sh. Or Smash Ultimate. Or Smash Switch. Or whatever else you want to call the game.

alguidrag

Smash Ace
Why do many of the primary YouTube/Reddit speculators (not leakers, speculators) ignore the Rathalos tweet?

The similarities (Silent Protagonist to Silent Protagonist, Fire Emblem to Fire Wielder, Future Seer to Future Seer, the pose and angle of the general setup) just make it seem all too suspicious.

I would say that, as of now, Isaac is dang near confirmed for Smush. Or Sm5sh. Or Smash Ultimate. Or Smash Switch. Or whatever else you want to call the game.
Because they prefer to speculate in characters they want in the game, giving popularity to "rivals" is a bad thing in their eyes, like if Isaac get in their character is going to be kicked from the game

?!?!?!

Smash Ace
Because they prefer to speculate in characters they want in the game, giving popularity to "rivals" is a bad thing in their eyes, like if Isaac get in their character is going to be kicked from the game
Yep. also smash ultimate gets cancelled if Isaac is in my dad Sakurai said so

Last edited:

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
Yeah most likely this. Many people don’t like to speculate about the likelihood of characters they don’t want being in, just as people who desperately want a character in will take any conceivable hint/slight evidence as definitive proof. I do think the Rathalos tweet is a great sign for us and even if it was somehow unintentional, the response to it has improved Isaac’s chances of being DLC at least.

But also to be fair to speculators, people in this very thread were reacting negatively to the Isabelle reveal and saying Isaac’s chances were dead as if there is any conceivable universe in which Isabelle and Isaac impacted each other in any way.

I do like how the game has been kept under wraps for this long, although judging by the Ken thing the boat is going to start spouting a few leaks very soon.

For my own part I’ll only refrain from looking at any leaks that come out if Nintendo announce an official Direct very soon. Otherwise I’d rather just know. It sucks to not hear it from the horse’s mouth but I’m too concerned about Isaac’s chances to care and it’s not like I’m going to stop frequenting these forums, reddit, etc. until Nintendo’s slow butt announces whatever is left. I give zero craps about their marketing hype cycle now that we’re this close to release haha. Just give us the goods already so this dumb box theory can be proven or dispelled once and for all.

Last edited:

Confirmation

Smash Ace
Yeah most likely this. Many people don’t like to speculate about the likelihood of characters they don’t want being in, just as people who desperately want a character in will take any conceivable hint/slight evidence as definitive proof. I do think the Rathalos tweet is a great sign for us and even if it was somehow unintentional, the response to it has improved Isaac’s chances of being DLC at least.

But also to be fair to speculators, people in this very thread were reacting negatively to the Isabelle reveal and saying Isaac’s chances were dead as if there is any conceivable universe in which Isabelle and Isaac impacted each other in any way.

I do like how the game has been kept under wraps for this long, although judging by the Ken thing the boat is going to start spouting a few leaks very soon.

For my own part I’ll only refrain from looking at any leaks that come out if Nintendo announce an official Direct very soon. Otherwise I’d rather just know. It sucks to not hear it from the horse’s mouth but I’m too concerned about Isaac’s chances to care and it’s not like I’m going to stop frequenting these forums, reddit, etc. until Nintendo’s slow butt announces whatever is left. I give zero craps about their marketing hype cycle now that we’re this close to release haha. Just give us the goods already so this dumb box theory can be proven or dispelled once and for all.
I feel like Isabelle was a mix of Box + hype + the way she was revealed being meh. You gotta remember the Isaac train was at max speed before a small dog with a bun derailed it and the image of a box sent it screaming into the inky depths.

Isaac for Smash Pls

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Isabelle was a mix of Box + hype + the way she was revealed being meh. You gotta remember the Isaac train was at max speed before a small dog with a bun derailed it and the image of a box sent it screaming into the inky depths.
Yeah but I think that one is mostly on us for hyping irresponsibly. The entire delay fiasco sent the community into a seething frenzy of hype and I think a lot of us got excited about Isaac in particular because of the possibility that the Direct was delayed due to his earthquake abilities (not tasteful but we must admit this was a factor) and the patent renewal. I still don’t like the vitriol that Isabelle got though. I’m not -excited- she’s in but she definitely belongs and given the Animal Crossing announcement I don’t believe the argument that Isaac’s trailer was swapped with hers because it fit so naturally.

I’m glad to see Ken all but confirmed though even if it’s just through a leak. He was expected even without Vergeben but it’s nice to see him.

LuminoZero

Smash Apprentice
Isaac is too big of a reveal for a Nintendo Direct. He's Smash Direct material all the way.

Rethuic

Smash Apprentice
Isaac is too big of a reveal for a Nintendo Direct. He's Smash Direct material all the way.
Yeah, Isaac would go into a Smash Direct. Geno too if he gets in. If/when Isaac is announced, we need a gif of him using the Sol Blade's Megiddo on that stupid box. Or the Judgement summon.

Shin F.

Smash Master
ERSB

Shin F. Shin F. you are getting pretty famous, people are a screenshot of what you said for Ken proof all over the place
Oh, that's neat. Can't take credit though, that was all Soopercool.
We always got DLC.

The best thing we can hope for is no Isaac AT
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that being an AT isn't a permanent death sentence for DLC. The idea that an AT can't be upgraded in DLC is completely made up by fans. We've already seen that playable characters can appear in other forms, like Toon Link on Spirit Train or Dedede on Dream Land 64. And when those fighters are in the match? They just don't appear, sometimes replaced by something or someone else. It'd be an incredibly small matter to just make it so a character's Assist Trophy doesn't appear if they're already in the battle, and I don't think Sakurai would place such artificial limitations on himself. It wouldn't really even affect the gameplay if 1 or 2 characters out of 50 just can't appear in some situations.

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Pfffft. Yeah right Shin. Even if the idea that AT not being able to be upgraded in the same game might be a "fan rule", it's also one that also is consistent. But fan rule or not, trying to ask for a AT upgrade will still be a waste of time, suffice to say.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
It's not consistent though. ATs have been made into full characters later and there has only been one time we have had DLC so it isn't a pattern and even if it could count the DLC never planned to bring in new Nintendo characters so ATs really didn't have a chance to be upgraded even if one had won the ballot.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
Pfffft. Yeah right Shin. Even if the idea that AT not being able to be upgraded in the same game might be a "fan rule", it's also one that also is consistent. But fan rule or not, trying to ask for a AT upgrade will still be a waste of time, suffice to say.
Consistent in fan speculation, sure, but there's literally no information that suggests this to us. Not one scrap. There's only been one game in which DLC was possible before now, and only seven characters made DLC at the time before development was moved to the next game. That's not enough to establish a rule or a pattern at all, not even close. I think sometimes the Smash community gets stuck on things that don't actually matter at all in the grand scheme of things. We close our minds to possibilities even though Sakurai has repeatedly taken our rules and tossed them out. AT is a death sentence for base roster, but DLC is a different ballpark.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
Consistent in fan speculation, sure, but there's literally no information that suggests this to us. Not one scrap. There's only been one game in which DLC was possible before now, and only seven characters made DLC at the time before development was moved to the next game. That's not enough to establish a rule or a pattern at all, not even close.
It's not consistent though. ATs have been made into full characters later and there has only been one time we have had DLC so it isn't a pattern and even if it could count the DLC never planned to bring in new Nintendo characters so ATs really didn't have a chance to be upgraded even if one had won the ballot.
Well, hey. It might be a lot, but you're the ones assuming that upgrading is even something that is likely.

Speculation is one thing, but right here you are making a shot in the dark about something that has such a low possibility, it should not even be considered.

If you want to say it's "possible", so be it. But i could say that Nintendo is "in the process of making an F-Zero game". Or that Nintendo can "make a good online". Doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Doesn't mean anything.

good day.

Last edited:

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I'm not saying it's likely just not writing off the possibility because it hasn't happened. There are a lot of potential benefits to upgrading ATs and it's something that Sakurai may explore in the future. I just see no reason to say it's impossible.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Well, hey. It might be a lot, but you're the ones assuming that upgrading is even something that is likely.

Speculation is one thing, but right here you are making a shot in the dark about something that has such a low possibility, it should not even be considered.

If you want to say it's "possible", so be it. But i could say that Nintendo is "in the process of making an F-Zero game". Or that Nintendo can "make a good online". Doesn't mean it's gonna happen. Doesn't mean anything.

good day.
Nah, I didn't say it was likely. But let me present this to you:

Before Brawl was revealed, was it likely that Smash would open up to third parties?

Before Smash 4, was it likely that Cloud, a character who'd only ever cameo'd on Nintendo consoles, would be in?

Before "Everyone Is Here", was it likely that literally every character in series history would return for Smash 5?

Sakurai doesn't care what we think is likely or possible. If he wants to please fans by upgrading an Assist Trophy, he's not going to let some made-up rule stop him. He's better than that. Does this make it likely? Well, no, but discounting the possibility out of hand is nonsensical.

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm not saying it's likely just not writing off the possibility because it hasn't happened. There are a lot of potential benefits to upgrading ATs and it's something that Sakurai may explore in the future. I just see no reason to say it's impossible.

Before Brawl was revealed, was it likely that Smash would open up to third parties?

Before Smash 4, was it likely that Cloud, a character who'd only ever cameo'd on Nintendo consoles, would be in?

Before "Everyone Is Here", was it likely that literally every character in series history would return for Smash 5?

Sakurai doesn't care what we think is likely or possible. If he wants to please fans by upgrading an Assist Trophy, he's not going to let some made-up rule stop him. He's better than that. Does this make it likely? Well, no, but discounting the possibility out of hand is nonsensical.
Until it happens, i'm not considering the possibility. Weather or not there are benefits is largely irrelevant.

Whether or not YOU think Sakurai doesn't care what's possible is irrelvant.

Until this happens, the possibility is irrelevant to me.

And i don't care if you think me discounting the possibility is nonsensical.

Last edited:

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
To be honest I don't take much of the fan speculation/leaks seriously at this point. At this point the game should be basically done, barring Q&A and the like, so really all that matters is this point is supporting characters that haven't been revealed at this point in case they are potential DLC candidates. It feels silly to waste time complaining about the potential of playable Steve or what imaginary rules Sakurai may or may not be following, and if anything such a focus only makes the wait even harder. All I know is basically nothing has changed since the last Direct, and arguably even since the Smash Direct, and that gives me reason to keep being excited for the game in general and for Isaac to hopefully be in it, one way or another.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
Yeah, I guess so, I mean third parties were impossible until they happened, third parties without Nintendo history were impossible until they happened, more than one third party character per company was impossible till it happened. I absolutely won't ignore things just because people like to cling to the silly notion of "it hasn't happened".

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'm not repeating myself. Let's move on.

Would you want Motoi Sakuraba doing all of the "theoretical soundtracks of GS" for smash ?

Or would you want multiple composers working on them? And if so, which composers beside Motoi would you want remixing the GS Soundtrack?

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289

Would you want Motoi Sakuraba doing all of the "theoretical soundtracks of GS" for smash ?

Or would you want multiple composers working on them? And if so, which composers beside Motoi would you want remixing the GS Soundtrack?
I'd want other composers and that's a tough one so many good composers I had to go through my OST I have but I'd go with Yuzo Koshiro he worked with sakuraba on Kid Icarus uprising soundtrack and he's no stranger to working on RPG soundtracks I'd love to hear his take on some of the songs from golden sun

This is his work and I think it speaks for itself

Last edited:

XenoWarriorX

Smash Champion
I'd want other composers and that's a tough one so many good composers and maybe go check out some of my OST is I have but I'd go with Yuzo Koshiro he's works with sakuraba on Kid Icarus uprising soundtrack and he's no stranger to working on RPG soundtracks I'd love to hear his take on some of the songs
Oh boy, I forgot about Yuzo Koshiro. He made some of my favorite track in Brawl and 4. (Still wanting him to compose for Streets of Rage 4.)

Can anyone confirm if he's made any new remixes for Ultimate?

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
Oh boy, I forgot about Yuzo Koshiro. He made some of my favorite track in Brawl and 4. (Still wanting him to compose for Streets of Rage 4.)

Can anyone confirm if he's made any new remixes for Ultimate?
I can say he's probably back his uprising work is still in the game so more than likely he's still there also get ACE on some golden sun remixes I heard there killer guitar work on You Will Know Our Names heck You Will Recall Our Names after just hearing it for the first time is great but Tornas battle theme is better but back on topic there are too many good composers

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I would like to put in my two cents quickly on the theory about the possibility of upgrading an AT to a PC before I crash and its forgotten. Most ATs now seem like "half playable" characters that Sakurai could theoretically take and build/finish up when DLC comes around and would see who people want upgraded the most.

But of course, we really have nothing to go by that. So, until Sakurai does this in the future, that idea has to stay dormant till then. So yeah. Night people!

Gurein

Smash Apprentice

Ah, at least one made by ACE, ultimate crossover of my two (three technically) favourite composers in video game :)

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I haven’t been as active in this thread as usual. Partially due to the fact that it just moves by so quickly these days. Which is absolutely amazing considering this thread was sitting on around 2000 at the time of the August Direct. I’ll always love to see all of this support come out for Isaac.

I’ll admit to being down on his chances with the whole 103 stage theory, box theory, and so on at play. We realistically don’t have many unique newcomers left and I’m terrified of who might have priority at this point (I’d love for nothing more than to NOT see the Incineroar/Steve combo make it in). I really want, just this once, to see the big names of requests make it in. I know we don’t have perfect polls, but with Ridley and King K Rool in, Geno and Isaac are the last of the old guard request wise and it feels like their last big opportunity. I know Isaac has the added disadvantage of coming from his own relatively dead series, but I don’t see why that needs to prevent him (Though I have to admit I do think it hurts his chances).

But seriously. The tweet that sakurai liked having so many similarities, the renewal of the trademark for Golden Sun early, his generally excellent performance on the ballot (again from what we’ve seen), and the passionate fan base of Golden Sun fans... That all can’t be for nothing, right? That can’t all just culminate in songs or just him returning as an assist trophy, right?

I think I’m doing the same thing all of us are doing and reaching out for some sort of comfort in these times. A little extra justification as to why Isaac can finally make it in. And that’s the hard part of this, staying positive when the ground below is continuing to shrink. We know DLC is 99% going to be a thing, so he isn’t out til after that obviously. But Isaac would fit the game for the fans promise of base Ultimate so well. And he’s just a Nintendo owned character to boot. He doesn’t have the third party strain of Geno or Banjo. He would represent another unique series that Nintendo could possibly work on reviving and have some basic interest in. He just seems like such a no brainer for inclusion, with his only real negative being his series is no longer “relevant.” I’d hope that Sakurai wouldn’t see things that way, and would give the fans who they wanted. Because at this point, and I don’t mean this negatively, the only thing stopping Isaac is Sakurai....

So I hope he’s heard us and sees fit to include him finally! But damn, is keeping the positivity continuing to be hard right about now.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I have traversed Weyard forthwith to pledge my allegiance to the cause of Isaac for Smash Ultimate. Though we have waited long, our hearts are not faint, nor has our courage abated. The Golden Sun shall rise again!

True Blue Warrior True Blue Warrior
Done.

1. _Sheik
  2. 1/128
  3. 9Blades
  4. ☆Jisatsu☆
  5. *Verrix*
  6. ?!?!?!
  7. Accursed
  8. Adeptmune
  9. Agk0001
  10. Aguki90
  11. airConditioner
  12. aldelaro5
  13. alguidrag
  14. Akod
  15. Altais
  16. Amberloo
  17. Amtoj
  18. AncientArk
  19. andimidna
  20. Androobie
  21. Aeon Lupin
  22. Apollyon
  23. Aqua Rock X
  24. AquaDork1
  25. AquaSol
  26. Arcadenik
  27. Arsenal234,
  28. Arteen
  29. Asian_Charizard
  30. Astraltar
  31. Aureola
  32. Aurora Jenny
  33. AustarusIV
  34. AwesomeCauliflower68
  35. Awesomedude444
  36. Backgammon
  37. Baddies are back
  38. Balgorxz
  39. BandannaWaddleDee
  40. Bane84
  41. Banjodorf
  42. bassem6
  43. Bassoonist
  44. Billybae10K
  45. BillyBat
  46. Bingoshi
  47. Bkupa666
  48. Blackwolf666
  49. Blaziken
  50. Blue7113
  51. BluePikmin11
  52. BoltDragon
  53. BoN~
  54. Bowser-Daimao
  55. BravadoMan_13
  56. BridgesWithTurtles
  57. Brother AJ
  58. Browny
  59. Buddy002
  60. Bunny8093
  61. BUnit
  62. Burruni
  63. Calamitas
  64. Calane
  65. CactusBlah
  66. candyissweet
  67. Capita
  68. Cap'nChreest
  69. Captain Toad
  70. CardStealer1
  71. Cazzone,
  72. Chapter Serf
  73. CheckmateChuck
  74. CheeseBroJoe
  75. Cheezey Bites
  76. Chromfirmed
  77. Chrono.
  78. ChronoPenguin
  79. clearandsweet
  80. ClinkStryphart
  81. CliffJumper
  82. Clumsyzephyr
  83. cocy965
  84. Cos.
  85. Coaltergeist
  86. Confirmation
  87. Crap-Zapper
  88. CrossDispatcher
  89. cybersai
  90. Dalek_Kolt
  91. Darkdarkness
  92. Darkfur
  93. DatoSm
  94. Delta64
  95. Demonfunds
  96. Dendros
  97. Desert Croc
  98. Destroyer713
  99. Dezeray112
  100. Dhragen
  101. Dib The Crazy Kid
  102. Diddy Kong
  103. Dihan
  104. Dimensionsword64
  105. Dionaea_floridensis
  106. direktor
  107. DivinexRose
  108. DJ3DS
  109. DJBor
  110. D-Man9293
  111. DMurr
  112. DogManStar
  113. DoodleDuck97
  114. Doncalot
  115. DraginHikari
  116. Drakonis
  117. DrJayfox
  118. Dromader
  119. DukeNapoleon
  120. DustyPumpkin
  121. Dyllybirdy
  122. e105beta
  123. Eagle
  124. EclairSpark
  125. EclipseSmash
  126. EddyBearr
  127. ED Cantu
  128. Edlocke
  129. egaddmario
  130. ElPanandero
  131. El Syd
  132. EndlessChrom
  133. EndlessRain
  134. EnhaloTricks
  135. EricTheGamerman
  136. Essora
  137. ETFruitNinja
  138. ethanrodgers223
  139. Ezequileste
  140. Falgor
  141. Falkoopa
  142. False Sense
  143. FamiconDisk
  144. Felix_the_Slayer
  145. fenyx4
  146. ferioku
  147. Fire Rider
  148. Fire Tactician
  149. Fire_Voyager
  150. FirstBlade
  151. Flamel
  152. Flamingbird
  153. Flareon
  154. Flarzo
  155. Flik
  156. FlintIke
  157. Flynn.Scifo
  158. fogbadge.
  159. foolssigma
  160. FooltheFlames
  161. FrankAL
  162. FreddyOnDrugs
  163. Friesnchip
  164. Frosty Pops
  165. GalacticPetey
  166. Gameguy1996
  167. Gazorpazorpfield
  168. Geassguy
  169. gebi
  170. Geno Boost
  171. ghastmine
  172. Ghirahilda
  173. Gioka
  174. GladiusVortex
  175. GM_3826
  176. GoldenBoy01
  177. Golden Icarus
  178. GoldenSunIsAlive
  179. GoodGrief741
  180. Gotann
  181. GraveEclipse567
  182. gspindles
  183. Gurein
  184. Hakerson
  185. heylodom
  186. Holdenon
  187. hustler713
  188. Huanchi
  189. hwrdjacob
  190. iam8bit
  191. Icana
  192. iDazedX_x
  193. Inawordyes
  194. IntelliHeath1
  195. Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  196. isaac3000
  197. Isaac4SmashUltimate
  198. Isaac for Smash Pls
  199. IsaacOrRiot
  200. Isaac: Venus Adept
  201. Istry555
  202. ItsRainingGravy
  203. ItsYio
  204. IvanQuote
  205. JaidynReiman
  206. Jak_spoon
  207. JamesDNaux
  208. James Tutumbero
  209. Jamurai
  210. Jandlebars
  211. JarBear
  212. Jclubsandwich
  213. JDogindy
  214. JesseMcCloud
  215. Johnknight1
  216. JohnnySparkxs
  217. Jupiter Ivan
  218. Jurae818
  219. Just a random scrub
  220. jweb22
  221. Kalaam
  222. Kalomaze
  223. KCCHIEFS27
  224. KeniththeGatherer
  225. KeybladeSmasher
  226. KHJason95
  227. Kikaru
  228. Kind Dedede
  229. KingCloud
  230. KingShadow
  231. KingTorra
  232. KiraYoshikage
  233. KirbyDragon
  234. Kirbyfan391
  235. Kisae
  236. Klimax
  237. KMDP
  238. Knight-Adept
  239. KoalaNut
  240. Kokirikory
  241. KoopaSaki
  242. Koori
  243. Kremling Man
  244. Kumatora
  245. KurouKamen
  246. Kycse
  247. Lady Palutena
  248. Lampy
  249. LaniusShrike
  250. lanky_gunner
  251. LasermasterA
  252. Leafeon523
  253. Ledfarmer
  254. LeeYawshee
  255. Legendary Spirit Tamer
  256. LegendOfDragoon
  257. legendofrob1
  258. LemmyKoopa
  259. lexpic17
  260. lightdasher
  261. LightheartedBum
  262. Lightosia
  263. Linq
  264. Lisbon Mapping
  265. littl-myth
  266. Liverpool19
  267. LoboRundas
  268. Lone (Thirteenth)
  269. Lonodel
  270. Lord-Zero
  271. Lucanic
  272. Lucimar
  273. Ludjinnado
  274. Luigifan18
  275. lunarum
  276. Lukingordex
  277. Lurxy
  278. Lynn Eslie
  279. M23-X0
  280. MacSmitty
  281. MagiusNecros
  282. MAGMIS
  283. MainJPW
  284. Malcolm Belmont
  285. MaskO'Gears
  286. Master Rapier
  287. MasterMushroom
  288. MatthewVenusAdept
  289. Mav485
  290. McLapras
  291. MeatOfJustice
  292. Mega Bidoof
  293. Mehdow
  294. Mendelsin
  295. MetalMario128
  296. Metocles
  297. Midnight Torch
  298. Miifighters4Smash5
  299. Minato Arisato
  300. Mike Cometa
  301. Mikegamer0608
  302. Mishudo
  303. Monkokaio
  304. MonopolyRubix
  305. MorbidAltruism
  306. Moydow
  307. MrGame&Rock
  308. MrMacBeth
  309. MrToxicVoltage
  310. Muirkat
  311. Mythzotick
  312. mynameisv
  313. MysticKnives
  314. N1N
  315. N3ON
  316. Nauzgo
  317. Neo Zero
  318. NessAtc.
  319. Niala
  320. Nimbostratus
  321. Ninjakid41592
  322. Nintandy
  323. Nintendokusou
  324. NitrusVirus
  325. NonSpecificGuy
  326. NoOtherPersona
  327. NoR4U
  328. Nossnitro102
  329. Octillus
  330. Oddyesy
  331. oh.glory
  332. OhMyBanana54
  333. Olo
  334. Onassi2
  335. Oniric Spriter
  336. OpticalBlast
  337. OptimisticStrifer
  338. Oracle_Summon
  339. Organization XIII
  340. osby
  341. otarolgam
  342. Oz37
  343. Pacack
  344. Papagenos
  345. ParanoidDrone
  346. Pcubed007
  347. Pennate
  348. Phaazoid
  349. PhilosophicAnimal
  350. pholtos
  351. Pizza Robo
  352. P.Kat
  353. Plain Yogurt
  354. Playcube
  355. PlayfulMushroom
  356. POKEMANSPIKA
  357. Powerman293
  358. praline
  359. proxian
  360. psb123
  361. PSIguy89
  362. PSYNergy
  363. PrinceGal3n
  364. PurpleStuff5
  365. PWN3
  366. Pwnapplez
  367. Pyzlnar
  368. QcSlayer
  369. Q-Long
  370. Quetzal77
  371. R.O.B.
  372. Radical Beam
  373. Radori
  374. Raetah
  375. Rafuki21
  376. Raykz
  377. Raziek
  378. Red Dasher
  379. Red Ryu
  380. RegiGygas117
  381. RenH
  382. Replica
  383. Rethuic
  384. Retroen
  385. RetroMetalSonic
  386. RhymeswithEmpty
  387. Roger Smith
  388. RosaPeach
  389. Royaru
  390. Royvolution Ream
  391. RumpletrellskiN
  392. Ryan
  393. Ryuji
  394. Ryuutakeshi
  395. Sabrewulf238
  396. Saer2k
  397. Sagittarius
  398. Salocin
  399. sandfall
  400. SanicJan
  401. Sari
  402. Scatmansworld25
  403. Scoliosis Jones
  404. scoobymcsnack
  405. Seb9k+
  406. SebasSancy
  407. Secret Sexytime
  408. Seleir
  409. Seoxys
  410. Sephazon
  411. Shawnullah
  412. sheik93
  413. shellshocker18
  414. Shin F.
  415. Shinhed-echi
  416. Shiny Porygon
  417. Shog
  418. Sidboylol
  419. Silo777
  420. SirCamp
  421. Skeleton o' Fun
  422. SkullKidKing
  423. Skyblade12
  424. Skyfox2000
  425. sman3975
  426. Smash_Handle69
  427. SmashBro99
  428. smashkirby
  429. Smashmar2
  430. SmashShadow
  431. smashtriforce77
  432. smileMasky
  433. SmilingMad
  434. SMX
  435. Solbliminal
  436. Solfiner
  437. someonetookjacob
  438. SonicLink125
  439. SonicSmasher
  440. SoraSaturn
  441. Sordim522
  442. SorrowOfAcheron
  443. SoulofKhaos
  444. Soulsaint
  445. SoupCanMafia
  446. Sparkus
  447. Spatman
  448. Spazzy_D
  449. Speedwagon
  450. spoilerowl
  451. Spootondorf
  452. Sqid
  453. SSBFan
  454. Staarih
  455. StaffofSmashing
  456. Strider_Bond00J
  457. StrikeBlade
  458. SuperBrawler
  459. Superfiremario
  460. SuperNintendoKid
  461. Supersmash77
  462. Superyoshiom
  463. Swampasaur
  464. Sykin
  465. Takasmash
  466. tamagone
  467. TappyBat
  468. TBone06
  469. tbuster766
  470. TCT~Phantom
  471. TeamFlareZakk
  472. Techno1000
  473. TeenGirlSquad
  474. TehEpicRyuga
  475. TempestSurge
  476. Tetiro
  477. ThatShadowLink
  478. THE 6r
  479. The Curious Volnutt
  480. The One Who Wrote This
  481. Thekewlusername
  482. T-Hell
  483. TheRealHeroOfWinds
  484. TheSeanMan
  485. TheSpaceKing
  486. The Stoopid Unikorn
  487. TheTactician
  488. THE TemporaryFool
  489. thethirdkoopa
  490. TheZoologist
  491. ThirdDay
  492. ThoughtfulWanderer
  493. ThunderOverload
  494. TiaSilvia
  495. TimeSmash
  496. Tinfoil
  497. Tiymako
  498. ToothiestAura
  499. topspin1617
  500. Travix Man
  501. TreeBranch
  502. True Blue Warrior
  503. Turmalinium
  504. tveye
  505. tyrus+
  506. UltimateWario
  507. Ultinarok
  508. Undella2
  509. User Name String
  510. UtopianPoyzin
  511. Vann Accessible
  512. Vegito2727
  513. Venus of the Desert Bloom
  514. Vintage Creep
  515. Violenceman
  516. walph
  517. warelander
  518. Warheart_666
  519. Wigglytuff ★
  520. winterofsilver
  521. Wintropy
  522. WhiteEaglePL
  523. Xelion
  524. Xenigma
  525. XenoWarriorX
  526. XeVioN
  527. Xiivi
  528. Xithyl_kykorl
  529. xLemmy_KoopaX
  530. xpnc
  531. XTremeGamer1234
  532. XxLtxX
  533. Yangfly Leone
  534. YellowLord
  535. Yggdra
  536. Yoh
  537. Yoshi444
  538. YoshiandToad
  539. Young Horsetail
  540. Your Hero
  541. Ypsen
  542. Yuki Setsuna
  543. Yusa
  544. YwhaletailY
  545. Zabadoo
  546. zagman505
  547. zaiman12345
  548. Zalaresh
  549. Zandro
  550. ZanZero
  551. ZarroTsu
  552. ZeldaMaster
  553. ZelDan
  554. ZestyÑ
  555. zferolie
  556. zmero_
  557. Zulyar
  558. Zuppo

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I haven’t been as active in this thread as usual. Partially due to the fact that it just moves by so quickly these days. Which is absolutely amazing considering this thread was sitting on around 2000 at the time of the August Direct. I’ll always love to see all of this support come out for Isaac.

I’ll admit to being down on his chances with the whole 103 stage theory, box theory, and so on at play. We realistically don’t have many unique newcomers left and I’m terrified of who might have priority at this point (I’d love for nothing more than to NOT see the Incineroar/Steve combo make it in). I really want, just this once, to see the big names of requests make it in. I know we don’t have perfect polls, but with Ridley and King K Rool in, Geno and Isaac are the last of the old guard request wise and it feels like their last big opportunity. I know Isaac has the added disadvantage of coming from his own relatively dead series, but I don’t see why that needs to prevent him (Though I have to admit I do think it hurts his chances).

But seriously. The tweet that sakurai liked having so many similarities, the renewal of the trademark for Golden Sun early, his generally excellent performance on the ballot (again from what we’ve seen), and the passionate fan base of Golden Sun fans... That all can’t be for nothing, right? That can’t all just culminate in songs or just him returning as an assist trophy, right?

I think I’m doing the same thing all of us are doing and reaching out for some sort of comfort in these times. A little extra justification as to why Isaac can finally make it in. And that’s the hard part of this, staying positive when the ground below is continuing to shrink. We know DLC is 99% going to be a thing, so he isn’t out til after that obviously. But Isaac would fit the game for the fans promise of base Ultimate so well. And he’s just a Nintendo owned character to boot. He doesn’t have the third party strain of Geno or Banjo. He would represent another unique series that Nintendo could possibly work on reviving and have some basic interest in. He just seems like such a no brainer for inclusion, with his only real negative being his series is no longer “relevant.” I’d hope that Sakurai wouldn’t see things that way, and would give the fans who they wanted. Because at this point, and I don’t mean this negatively, the only thing stopping Isaac is Sakurai....

So I hope he’s heard us and sees fit to include him finally! But damn, is keeping the positivity continuing to be hard right about now.
Yeah. I'm having a hard time keeping up the positivity as well. There are so many things pointing to him... But just as many against him. Every time I get hopeful, things turn right around and start looking dismal again.

One of the most discouraging things is the disdain that most of the mainstream commentators seem to have for him. YouTubers, the competitive community, news outlets, "leakers"... No one talks about him on a major stage.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
During the trademark renewal, Golden Sun was a trending topic. Once again there are fandoms that organize a time to tweet to get a trend, tweeting about a show, controversial news etc. Golden Sun gets it's trademarked renewed and all of a sudden it's trending. Smash commentators, competitors, and fans alike were all over my timeline talking about a Golden Sun 4 switch possibility or Isaac being in Smash. Heck I didn't even know Etika knew what a Golden Sun was until that fake drawn image leak popped up.

So I really doubt there's that much disdain aside from a loud minority that want other characters in and every character has detractors or followers that will speak for them.

There's no ignoring that Isaac went from barely speculated and talked about to being regarded as one of the top contenders of getting in the game, over the course of this speculation cycle. Either way, only individual who matters and is worth Isaac getting noticed by is Sakurai, the roster has been finalized way back so Isaac's ballot performance needs to do all the talking.

Last edited:

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Oh, that's neat. Can't take credit though, that was all Soopercool.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that being an AT isn't a permanent death sentence for DLC. The idea that an AT can't be upgraded in DLC is completely made up by fans. We've already seen that playable characters can appear in other forms, like Toon Link on Spirit Train or Dedede on Dream Land 64. And when those fighters are in the match? They just don't appear, sometimes replaced by something or someone else. It'd be an incredibly small matter to just make it so a character's Assist Trophy doesn't appear if they're already in the battle, and I don't think Sakurai would place such artificial limitations on himself. It wouldn't really even affect the gameplay if 1 or 2 characters out of 50 just can't appear in some situations.
Consistent in fan speculation, sure, but there's literally no information that suggests this to us. Not one scrap. There's only been one game in which DLC was possible before now, and only seven characters made DLC at the time before development was moved to the next game. That's not enough to establish a rule or a pattern at all, not even close. I think sometimes the Smash community gets stuck on things that don't actually matter at all in the grand scheme of things. We close our minds to possibilities even though Sakurai has repeatedly taken our rules and tossed them out. AT is a death sentence for base roster, but DLC is a different ballpark.

Oh boy, I wanna believe this so bad. Bomberman & Krystal for Smash!!!

pholtos

Smash Journeyman

I would say whoever has passion towards the GS soundtrack would be good. :3

Top Bottom