• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Get a nine every 18 seconds or so...

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Okay, I've figured out that the 9 is linked to the timer. Obviously already known rules apply; If you get the nine you have to use 2 other hammers to be able to get another one.

It's actually quite hilarious how simple it is.

Whenever the seconds(1-59) on the timer reach these times you nine:

45 seconds

27 seconds

9 seconds

(Example- timer says 6:27,4:45, 7:09)

lol if you add them up they equal 9 (4+5 = 9,2 + 7 = 9)

the timing is tricky so I'll just let you guys mess around with it till you figure it out.

You can get a nine at other times too obviously, but I just haven't figured them out yet.

Don't say anything until you try it.

Have a blast

for timing go to 4:16 of this link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vntT-rP1vK0

j00t

Smash Champion
If this is true then it's pretty obvious that these are the times:

9 seconds
18 seconds
27 seconds
36 seconds
45 seconds
54 seconds

And they are multiples of 9. Who would of guessed.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
So you're saying I could cg a space animal with G&W and then use the hammer at the right time?
yes

If this is true then it's pretty obvious that these are the times:

9 seconds
18 seconds
27 seconds
36 seconds
45 seconds
54 seconds

And they are multiples of 9. Who would of guessed.
18, 36 and 54 don't work that well. I tried it and it seemed the timing is a lot harder

j00t

Smash Champion
It sounds simple enough, but it isn't entirely accurate. With this kind of system in mind, it is entirely possible that this is applied to milliseconds as well.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
It sounds simple enough, but it isn't entirely accurate. With this kind of system in mind, it is entirely possible that this is applied to milliseconds as well.

just try it. I tested it many times and it works. The timing is weird, but it still is effective. Milliseconds don't really matter.

I might use my action replay and see which exact frames the nine comes on.

I went to a tourney last week and using this strategy I got a good amount of nines on people.( I even got PC Chris with one, but he still destroyed me)

MagiMaster

Smash Apprentice
If the rule of 9 apply to each 9 sec or 18, does that mean that it works the same for 1-8?

DireVulcan

Smash Lord
This is all nonsense.

It's obvious that the only way to control the outcome of the 9 hammer is by the command of my voice.

Peons!

j00t

Smash Champion
Look at DireVulcan's sig. His comes out at 6:10..... :p

But what I'm saying is, i've tried testing it but it doesn't work for me. And yes, i'm using two hammers up before I try my new test.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
I think this is very true , I use my nines certain times of a match for the first stock and loose my nine ability because of time tracking for the right time until I die and start over a new stock for me. This clearly must be it. Thank you God-Is-My-Rock two D man!!!!

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Look at DireVulcan's sig. His comes out at 6:10..... :p

But what I'm saying is, i've tried testing it but it doesn't work for me. And yes, i'm using two hammers up before I try my new test.
I said the timing was tricky.Also, I should've said that it is around those times that you have to hammer. Not at the exact times neccessarily. THE TIMING IS DIFFICULT. Oh yeah, I know it works so I don't care if any one says I'm wrong.

Mky762

Smash Journeyman
45 seconds

27 seconds

9 seconds

so basically what your saying is that you get a nine, use two other hammers, then wait the time above then hammer again and you'll get a nine?

just making sure i get the right understanding of this

Chained Up

Smash Cadet
Cool, that you found this out, I'll try it out. Also as an off-topic post, I usually get nines when I'm falling to my doom.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
so basically what your saying is that you get a nine, use two other hammers, then wait the time above then hammer again and you'll get a nine?

just making sure i get the right understanding of this
yea that's true. Your first nine can also be done at one the above times too.

Chained Up

Smash Cadet
Interestingly enough it was 2 or 3 seconds after the times came up on the timer that I got a nine.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I second that XIF. according to what your saying if we use AR and have 2 G&W's use the hammer on the exact same frame they should get the same number every time.

Switchblades

Smash Apprentice
To me, it's always seemed that the number on the hammer is related to the power of the attack used before it.

Some examples to back this up (All of these occurred in FFA) :
Every rest I've ever missed against my friend's G&W has resulted in an 8 or 9
Every fully charged Pichu side-B has resulted in an 8 or 9

And there were some things related to Peach, but I can't remember what...I can only speculate as to Stitches or fully charged D-smashes.

shadydentist

Smash Lord
It comes out when the digits add to 9 but the timing is kinda tricky and its only around those times and not the exact times...

I'm calling shenanigans on this outlandish claim.

firexemblemxpryde

Smash Lord
Great idea with the AR thing.

Use your AR, get 2 GAWs to do judgement at the exact same time, and both of them should get 9s.
Either that or try with the AR 81 times to try to trick us >.>

St. Viers

Smash Champion
@JWT--as he does it the timer goes from 10-9....nine is one of the numbers the OP mentions <_<

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
GaW propaganda. At least that's what my friend says who mains him and he just pulls nines out of his *** at random times. Funny when he says "Nine!" and it actually becomes one.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Wow, If this really works out.........
There will only be one mystery left in SSBM, how to make Luigi Misfire on command...
Why do I feel that someone is going to come with Game and Watch then own me with a 9?

Top Bottom