• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia, you're up to your old tricks again.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
I agree that I'm not gonna be complaining that people didn't show up, but sleepy... it was the fact that there were people that were like "Im gonna be there" and then randomly didnt go. I wasn't even aware Xif considered it, so i don't really care that he didn't show, plus I know everyone runs into things. Though theres no point in advertising if the people who DO know don't show up anyway.

Once again to reiterate, I'm not flaming anyone for not coming so I dont need excuses about why people weren't there; I understand that stuff came up, just wish the attitude was more towards support rather than *instead of making this worthwhile, lets make it so that no one goes* . In general this whole thread is just saying that GA needs to support itself more. If the GA smash communnity cares at all about how GA ends up, then get the scene going again. =]

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
Wat? only like 3 people didn't go because of lack of turnout/money. I understand the need to support melee, but driving 4 hours is a long way for a tournament that would have had at most like 12 people. You guys can stand behind your argument, safe and toasty since it was at Articanus' house, but I don't see you guys coming out here, 4 hours away, to a canceled tournament that had 8 or less people show up. Where's your support?

Please consider the difficulties of traveling and money. I used $100 in gas in two days going to Wes' house twice. I don't regret it in the slightest, but it's still a lot of money that I don't have. Traveling that far for a small tournament with an uncertain turnout is obviously not a sound idea. We could have just as easily hosted a smashfest and had more than 8 people show up.

Though theres no point in advertising if the people who DO know don't show up anyway.
Okay, so, next time you host a tournament, don't make a thread, and EVERYONE will show up.
Sarcasm notwithstanding, you guys did a horrible job advertising the tournament = not much support.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1oJo3mvRLUI
Don't talk about our attitudes. We're the ones going to Waba every month, and hosting small tournaments like NOYS2 and whatnot.

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
hey look on the bright side atleast all the smashers are not in just one area like TN. Melee players are in Memphis. Brawl Players are in memphis and knoxville. Mid TN has a handful. and we are all spread apart. Im gonna move outta BFE. It sucks. Wes maybe the next time im in GA we can play or something. I wanna play 64. its super fun.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
moral fiber?

the fvck happened to your head when you were a kid?

I've traveled to tournaments more miles then you probably have on your car.

moral fiber.... honestly.
llol @ moral fiber

p.s. 15 year olds don't have cars

ss118

Smash Master
XIF I'm more pissed at the fact that I put the Savannah thread for 3 months before waba announced that month and you say "Savannah was doomed to fail because it was on the same day as Waba." What probably happened was "oh look, I planned for this tourney and told everyone I'd be there, but ill go to the monthly that popped up on the same date because its closer."

Of course gas is a big factor and I can understand that. What I didn't expect was that my tourney was "doomed to begin with". If you can tell me why that is, I'll gladly change it the next time [if] I host another tourney. By the way, "moral fiber" was a quote from some movie. I don't even know which one tbh, and I admit it was a horrible choice of words lol

<3 Sleepyk for noticing the bit of humor at the end of my monologue. If you could please put the tourney matches up from this weekend, it would be most welcome. Wes forgot to grab it(it's OK, I forgive you), and we can't put it up. If you would, PM me your address on AIM or something so I can mail it to you.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that combo video has me famous right about now lol. I dunno why it's Brawl Fox. I had Epsilon make it for me awhile back. ^.^

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Real Talk

ss118 ,

The waba monthly tourneys have a great rep for being one if not the largest brawl tourney in GA. It is also easy to travel to. you could have posted 6 months in advance and it prolly wouldnt have changed a thing. just plan ur tourney for another day. done

get back on topic plz

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i also took quotes that i didn't know the meaning of from movies back when i was in middle school so it can slide this time

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
XIF I'm more pissed at the fact that I put the Savannah thread for 3 months before waba announced that month and you say "Savannah was doomed to fail because it was on the same day as Waba." What probably happened was "oh look, I planned for this tourney and told everyone I'd be there, but ill go to the monthly that popped up on the same date because its closer."

Of course gas is a big factor and I can understand that. What I didn't expect was that my tourney was "doomed to begin with". If you can tell me why that is, I'll gladly change it the next time [if] I host another tourney. By the way, "moral fiber" was a quote from some movie. I don't even know which one tbh, and I admit it was a horrible choice of words lol

<3 Sleepyk for noticing the bit of humor at the end of my monologue. If you could please put the tourney matches up from this weekend, it would be most welcome. Wes forgot to grab it(it's OK, I forgive you), and we can't put it up. If you would, PM me your address on AIM or something so I can mail it to you.
My first consideration to go to this was the wednesday before. Then I realized it was 4 hours away plus I knew it wasnt gonna get 40-50 people (Only way i wouldve gone 4 hours personally, and thats more than all of georgia has to offer) so I instead spent friday and saturday going to waba and hanging out with my friends.

So I never promised anything, nad like mike said, you could plan a tournament for 2010, but if the kishes announced another FC a month before and it was on the same date, it'd be a significant blow.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
Bleh stop arguing about this. SleepyK, I said I wasn't flaming anyone for not coming, so there's no need to respond in defense of yourself.. I GET THAT PEOPLE ARENT RICH AND HAVE PLANs... m'kay? =]

Anyway, the reason Savannah doesn't show up any where is parents. You can believe me or not when I saw I've worked my *** off trying to convince parents to let me go... even if I'm IN the ATL area and there's a tourney, they wouldnt let me go. Until they change there really isn't much we can do.

Also, the reason ss118 didn't change the date of the tourney, was because every other time he tried to host a tourney, he was forced to change the date multiple times and it ended with no one showing. So he figured if he did something else it would work, its NO ONES fault. Enough of that. (Someone also seems obssessed with talking about ss118's age... stalker much? =D {j/k})

Btw XIF I love lambchops quote in your sig; its genius. Back on topic...this thread is completely true, GA keeps going through these times where no one is advancing. The only way anyone's getting better is to get together as a state. That's pretty much all there is to say >.>

*After posting ima go find this gerbil vid*

SleepyK

um, I sort of pointed out that we are supporting melee, we are getting together, and we are advancing, but I suppose it's entirely acceptable to overlook my argument altogether, since the only ones that aren't getting together are you guys. Prac drove like 3 hours from columbus and dogy drove like 4 hours from valdosta to get to NOYS2. While waba was announced post-Savannah, articanus refusing to change the date because of "OH MY GOD ITS HAPPENING AGAIN AAAAAAAAAAA" [tong reference. <3 tong] is a pretty weak excuse, lol.

No johns about parents. My parents hate video games. I lied about VLS, Pound 3, TGM... basically every tournament. Jman lied to get to Pound and TGM.

You're saying that you understand that people didn't come, but then you make references to the savannah tournament and then say "we need to get together to support melee as a state". That makes it sounds like you're still upset that people didn't show up... especially since waba supporters and noys2 and etc.

PB&J

Smash Hero
i agree with chaddd 1000%..we need to start showing up at more tournies..im tired of showing up at melee tournies and 6-8 people are the attendance and when the brawl tournies come around it is 20-30 people everytime with different people..i only knew 6-8 people at the last brawl tourny so lets step it up and play some melee....so everybody in ga go to tipped off 3 and out of state too

Saltix

Smash Lord
We'll I'm 15 with no job and no car....Pick me up for brawl tourneys and lets save the community!

But in all seriousness, my mom doesn't exactly support the whole tourney thing because I'm not winning, so convincing her to let me go to Waba every month is the hard part (hence why I missed the two this month) Sadly, there are quite a few tourneys I would go to if I had the opportunity, but I don't.

I'm in Duluth. :]

chaddd

Smash Lord
llol @ moral fiber

p.s. 15 year olds don't have cars
Whatever, Mom!

ss118 ,

The waba monthly tourneys have a great rep for being one if not the largest brawl tourney in GA. It is also easy to travel to. you could have posted 6 months in advance and it prolly wouldnt have changed a thing. just plan ur tourney for another day. done

get back on topic plz

Mike, come on. That's the reason I posted this thread. All turnout has been pretty sad up to this point, but me, Wes, and David were literally the only smashers that showed up outside of Savannah. And this tournament had been over plugged since months before Waba decided to do it's monthlies or what not. It's not about planning or anything, it's about Georgia Smashers not being willing to travel to gain experience. Savannah plays completely different from the rest of the state, by the way. None of these guys know that, though, because they haven't played any of them since Laser for the Children.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol well if you're talking about the majority of GA smashers, they play brawl anyways. what do you expect. like it or not guys GA is becoming a brawl state. If you think about it most of the people that play melee still are the ones posting in this forums. Almost All the locals we used to love showing up to take their money play brawl now.

I agree that we need a stronger melee community but ive been saying this for years =/

but still, if he wanted a better turnout he shouldn't have tried to throw down with waba.

I don't like to be a bad guy but facts are facts.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
I liked coming to GA because at the time you guys a had major Comp in Melee and i loved coming to your G4S. And I know a lot of out of towners who love to come(even though you guys are focusing on your community.) But because of the lack of melee comp in the Southeast and Atlantic South me and Nes Noob are forced to go to South Florida Tourneys for training, and Fort walton beach at times. They Question that I have for You guys MIKe, Chaddd and GAwes. You guys know the situation, but is it anything you guys can do to fix the problem, because if you guys can fix the problem that'll be great. Or is it to far gone.

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
I liked coming to GA because at the time you guys a had major Comp in Melee and i loved coming to your G4S. And I know a lot of out of towners who love to come(even though you guys are focusing on your community.) But because of the lack of melee comp in the Southeast and Atlantic South me and Nes Noob are forced to go to South Florida Tourneys for training, and Fort walton beach at times. They Question that I have for You guys MIKe, Chaddd and GAwes. You guys know the situation, but is it anything you guys can do to fix the problem, because if you guys can fix the problem that'll be great. Or is it to far gone.
RAG I knew you still played but if you have been with nesnoob you must now be a beast. what is your aim by the way :)

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
The thing with lying to parents is that you need a ride. Some of us dont have rides nor can drive. Plus, if I said I was at a friends house, but that friend happened to be going with me to the tourney, it'll take parents about 5 seconds to put 2 and 2 together and be like "Well if hes not here and his friends not home... where the hell is he?". You make it sound like its so easy to get places, but it really isn't... At best what would happen is that I get to go to the tourney, then am banned from touching melee or a computer for like the rest of high school; not really worth it then, is it?

Lol @ "Almost All the locals we used to love showing up to take their money play brawl now." Nice >.>''

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
... then am banned from touching melee or a computer for like the rest of high school; not really worth it then, is it?
i kinda understand where druggedfox is coming from here
i'd also be reluctant to attend a tournament if it meant risking the next 4 years of my life without a computer

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
i kinda understand where druggedfox is coming from here
i'd also be reluctant to attend a tournament if it meant risking the next 4 years of my life without a computer

man.. Tong you have no idea

LOOOOOOL

Eugenio

Smash Lord
The thing with lying to parents is that you need a ride. Some of us dont have rides nor can drive. Plus, if I said I was at a friends house, but that friend happened to be going with me to the tourney, it'll take parents about 5 seconds to put 2 and 2 together and be like "Well if hes not here and his friends not home... where the hell is he?".
That sounds like a typical episode of fresh price of bel-air.

Parents just don't understand:(

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
=D Now you've made me want to go watch it... *finds out when fresh prince comes on" Thanks XP But yeah, that's parents for you.

*Puts dice on dad's mirror* K, now I'm done =]

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
You've saved me a lot of time twice in this thread =]. Now your combo video comes in second as amazing after Will Smith's amaaaaaazing rap XD. w00t

*gets back on topic*

SleepyK

no johns, son.

Mike... it's tong. he's asian.
we have a dependency on computers.

Top Bottom