• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Rayku

Smash Lord
Is there a surplus of sheik in GA?
Sheik is a very easy character to be scrubby with. She reminds me of Metaknight, only she doesn't have outstanding advantages over half the cast.

She's just really easy to combo with.

I'm wanting to work on my Ganondorf/Sheik/Fox (in that order) in Melee. Sheik's just really really good.

MarsFool!

Smash Lord
@Octix:I picked up a Tope Style anti space animal sheik right before I left. S0ft plays sheik ( I think but not in tournament), and 112 does. chaddd plays everyone in the game. Play his D mario one day and he'll make anyone look like a *******. Sure made my fox fast as **** though >_>

@Yiff: Sheik can jab through anything C Falcon thinks he might be able to do. Also stay away from her if you hav eless than 20 damage because you could tech chased 0-death on any neutral stage but dreamland. You could try to nair high in which sheik could just duck, catch you with the back hitbox of a UTILT which would lead to 2-3 more F tilts or a grab depending on your DI, run forward and Bair or just beat you to the punch and fair you/wavedash backwards and shield grab. makes that matchup almost sound unwinnable.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
@Octix:I picked up a Tope Style anti space animal sheik right before I left. S0ft plays sheik ( I think but not in tournament), and 112 does. chaddd plays everyone in the game. Play his D mario one day and he'll make anyone look like a *******. Sure made my fox fast as **** though >_>

@Yiff: Sheik can jab through anything C Falcon thinks he might be able to do. Also stay away from her if you hav eless than 20 damage because you could tech chased 0-death on any neutral stage but dreamland. You could try to nair high in which sheik could just duck, catch you with the back hitbox of a UTILT which would lead to 2-3 more F tilts or a grab depending on your DI, run forward and Bair or just beat you to the punch and fair you/wavedash backwards and shield grab. makes that matchup almost sound unwinnable.
I PERSONALLY watched Tope 4 stock I'veJihadIt's falcon on Battlefield at HERB1, it was brutal. Ali took him to Jungle Japes and won that round tho- hilarious!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Does anyone mind modding my wii for brawl+ next monthly?
haha.

The plague continues to spread!

How many facepalms does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop Umby?

Also, Chun-Li's thighs are thighs.

Bro its cake.
All you need is:
The internet
an SD card(and a computer that can read it).

Once you have these 2 things. The process takes like 5 minutes. Its cake bro.
You don't need Twilight Princess anymore. Just Bannerbomb the ****.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
my fear has come true, no more weekend tourneis for the summer unless something crazy happens. 11-8 saturdays and 11-8 sundays

Player-1

Smash Legend
my fear has come true, no more weekend tourneis for the summer unless something crazy happens. 11-8 saturdays and 11-8 sundays
rarrghrarghgargggarg, I want Luigi Vs Diddy videos =(.

Won't make it to the weekly tomorrow, apparently we're having a 'barbecue' and 'company' is coming over, but I'll be at the July monthly for sure. I blame BBQ. Well...IDK, I haven't asked about it, but it's most likely a no.

My brother beat P3's MK with Link, and I think he has only played the game....like...not even 10 hours since the game's release.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I PERSONALLY watched Tope 4 stock I'veJihadIt's falcon on Battlefield at HERB1, it was brutal. Ali took him to Jungle Japes and won that round tho- hilarious!
He was on adderall that day. So was Cyrain. That's why they won teams.

ArtDude

Smash Rookie
Hey, I kind of want to mod my Wii. I know the basics of how to do it, I just don't have an SD card right now. Would it be possible at the July monthly for someone to bring a laptop/SD card so I can do it? I have a copy of Twilight and my menu version is 3.0 right now. I can bring the Hacks on a jump drive or something if need be. I mainly just want to mod my Wii so I can put in menu settings (3 stock, Team Attack On, etc) and infinite replay time along with some basic texture hacking just to add in some cool outfits to cover up some of the more bland ones.

I'm worried though about the possible side effects of modding a Wii. I hear that sometimes it can increase crash amounts and load times along with some other more rare but nastier side effects. With what I intend to mod my Wii for, think it's worth it?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Well, it looks like hardly anyone is going to show up tomorrow. So I think I'll just go to Rayku's house Sunday.

Edit: Plus, Rayku's door fee is free!! :)

Edit Edit:I might also be able to get some ramen noodles there. So looks like I'm not going to Waba XD

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
True, but getting a ride is kinda difficult.

Most will expect gas monies.

If I can secure a ride, I'd probably go, and have time, it being a weekend.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Who is coming to Waba

and who is coming to my house

TOMORROW (Saturday)?

I need an attendance list for both.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Who is coming to Waba

TOMORROW (Saturday)?

I will be at WABA tomorrow.

A few friends of mine will also be there with me (err...hopefully lol). And I can always harass Jamaal to see if it feels like going to play dumb stuff with me.

P1 and P3 were going to be at WABA methinks.

Full Metal as well.

-Turtle-

Smash Rookie
Who is coming to Waba

TOMORROW (Saturday)?

I'll be going to waba tmr for brawl and melee hoping theres not gonna be another round robin tourney cause they are a pain in the butt

Purple

Hi guys!
I will be at WABA tomorrow.

A few friends of mine will also be there with me (err...hopefully lol). And I can always harass Jamaal to see if it feels like going to play dumb stuff with me.

P1 and P3 were going to be at WABA methinks.

Full Metal as well.
i'll come to this. brawl+?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
yes, but how long do RRs usually take? i'd be willing to see if i can come, but i can't stay late due to family johns.
Depends on how many people are there, and what game you're playing lol.

Barlw for example will take longer than Brawl+, Brawl+ depending on your characters may be as short, or somewhat longer than Melee or S64.

RR is where you fight everyone best two out of three, right?

Universal rule is pick Fox and we'll all make it out fine.

Anomic_Punk

Smash Champion
Yo I'm kinda new to the GA smash scene so I'm not too familiar with the waba tournies.

Is anything noteworthy going down tomorrow involving melee?
I'll be there today(saturday)- if thats noteworthy.

He was on adderall that day. So was Cyrain. That's why they won teams.
That knowledge still doesn't fix the empty-spot in my heart that was created by the most terrifying d-throw techchase I've ever seen. :(

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Yeah I might be able to go to waba. P1 and P3 didn't tell me about it though. Im always happy to get some offline exiprience. We should have a brawl+ tourney if not to many people show up.

Purple

Hi guys!
anyone willing to take me to waba? I don't need a ride back home, i just left my bike at work yesterday since i got a ride home :bee:

Top Bottom