• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Hey I was going to do a 64 tournament in Athens until my life got flip-turned upside down but anyway, I'm kind of in between Athens, Augusta, and Atlanta back and forth all summer.

So does anybody of any regular meet ups for people who play 64 in any of those areas? Obviously in Athens a lot of people play at Wonderbar but does anybody know of groups that meet and do 64 in Atlanta or Augusta? I'm not on FaceBook so if you could just give me the jist of it that'd be great. I wish I had a place to host something but I really won't be able to until next fall.

Ghoti

Smash Cadet
I'm wanting to play Smash with other skilled players. I wanted to know where I can find a tournament or something of the sort so I can play competitively.

Thanks ^~^

Drover

Smash Cadet
I'm wanting to play Smash with other skilled players. I wanted to know where I can find a tournament or something of the sort so I can play competitively.

Thanks ^~^
Join these Facebook groups because the Georgia Social Thread tends to rarely get activity. Every once and a while check the tournament listings page for the tournaments Cute Cats and Tech-nique both held in Atlanta at GA Tech.

Georgia Melee: https://www.facebook.com/groups/GAMelee/
Georgia Brawl: https://www.facebook.com/groups/179381782079932/
Georgia Project M: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1392554534335836/

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
What's up guys!?
I recently been getting back into the Smash scene. I'm based in the Sandy Springs area but travel to Conyers just about every other weekend.

I'm more of an old school Smasher. I played a lot of 64 and Melee when they first came out. Most of my time is with Melee though. I played Brawl long enough to unlock all of the characters but then fell out of the scene because none of my friends were ever into Smash Bros.

My friends (who weren't into Smash before) are now getting into it with the hype of Smash 4. We've actually been playing more 64 than anything else because they don't have Gamecubes but we play Melee a little when I come to town.

The documentary played a big role in getting me back to the scene mainly because I played tons of Melee but missed out on competitive gameplay because Smash wasn't big in my area (or I didn't know the right people lol). But I'm back and definitely looking to come out strong with Smash 4 as well as up my game in 64 and Melee.

Cottoneyes

Smash Rookie
Me and my friends can never make it to tech sadly. We've been going to the Guild Hall in Savannah though, which is pretty up and coming here.

Wallyaldo

Smash Rookie
Hey, so I'll be (hopefully) dorming at GSU this upcoming semester and was wondering if there's any other GSU students that go to Tech for the Friday events that could possibly provide rides? No idea if I'll be free on Fridays yet but would like to know what options I'll have if I am.

SoggyEagle

Smash Journeyman
Check out the Georgia Melee or Georgia Project M facebook pages.

If you were headed to Southern, I could help you out, but that isn't the GSU you meant. /sad

Wallyaldo

Smash Rookie
I'll be sure to mention it there once I know for sure if I'm dorming or not. But yeah, sadly it is State and not Southern.

EDIT: Should probably also ask if anyone is in the Duluth area that wants to play sometime? Like I said, won't be staying here come August but I might be free throughout the time until then.

Last edited:

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Hey guys, Player-1 and I are hosting a Brawl/PM tournament in *******, GA on August 16. Alabama and Middle GA are coming, and of course we will get a lot of Atlanta area people. I hope you all can make it out. We are trying to garner as much interest as possible.

SWF Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/aug-16-2014-smash-of-ages-brawl-project-m-*******-ga.361188/
Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/680692301999702/

Also, Wallyaldo, I go to Georgia State, but I'm a Brawl player.

_Pixel_

Pink Squirtle is best Squirtle.
Hey thread who here is in the southern half of GA? I'm in Macon for the summer and have been playing netplay, but would be nice to chill with some people local.

I've been focusing on PM, but can pick up Melee depending on if people are around.

@ *Cam* *Cam* Good to see you again dude. Looks like I can make that tourney. Hopefully I can get in Blue's caravan from Auburn.

Last edited:

_Pixel_

Pink Squirtle is best Squirtle.
Pretty much all PM.

I haven't touched Brawl in ages. :/

I am really enjoying Squirtle though. So many little techs to throw out and I love how slippery he can be.

MegaMango

Smash Cadet
Is there seriously a smashfest held every Friday at GA Tech? I can't seem to find any info on it. Where exactly is it in GA Tech? And what time does it start?

I've never participated before in an official tournament, and i'd like to be able to get some more experience playing smash competitively.

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
Is there seriously a smashfest held every Friday at GA Tech? I can't seem to find any info on it. Where exactly is it in GA Tech? And what time does it start?

I've never participated before in an official tournament, and i'd like to be able to get some more experience playing smash competitively.
Check out the GA Melee Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/groups/GAMelee/ .
They usually send an event invite every week with the details. They said it might not be EVERY Friday during the summer but they keep you posted.

Last edited:

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
So I'm signed up for Zenith in 64 and I'm driving a long way for it. Does anybody in Athens or Atlanta wanna spar with me, help me get trained up?

Wallyaldo

Smash Rookie
Yeah so yesterday went pretty well for Melee at GSU. If anyone here is staying or going to GSU for sure check out the Georgia Melee facebook group because I was the only one who had brought a crt but we ended up with like +20 people stopping by (not simultaneously though). Would be cool to see just how many people we can get to play here and maybe see if we can all go together to the Tech smashfests sometime or something, I don't know.

Wallyaldo

Smash Rookie
Yeah, probably should have clarified I meant Georgia State. I'll just say now, any time I say "GSU" I'm meaning to say Georgia State, lol.

dumba989

Smash Apprentice
Hey many people probably don't remember (or even) know who I am but I'm looking to see if there's anyone in the Clayton County and Fayetteville area that plans on playing Smash 4 when it comes out on the Wii-U. Also I have a friend who lives in the Atlanta area not too far from Georgia State so if anyone is looking for more people to play there I can connect those people together. Hope to see people sometime soon.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Hey many people probably don't remember (or even) know who I am but I'm looking to see if there's anyone in the Clayton County and Fayetteville area that plans on playing Smash 4 when it comes out on the Wii-U. Also I have a friend who lives in the Atlanta area not too far from Georgia State so if anyone is looking for more people to play there I can connect those people together. Hope to see people sometime soon.
Awesome there are quite a few players who go to GA State. I'm glad you took the time out to introduce yourself.

See you around.

_D._

Smash Apprentice
In Route

I need a partner. A partner for the new smash 4; specifically the Wii U version. A partner, who has a deep hunger to become one of the best in this game. Someone whose commitment is so tightly rooted, that they don’t even flinch to go to an OOS tournament; given they have the resources. Somebody who preferably lives in Florida, however, I will not hesitate to play Wi-Fi.

Now, aspiring to reach the skill of a Mango, M2k, Armada, DR. PP, Zero, Nairo, Otori, 9B, Nietono, Ally, Anti, DEHF, Gnes, ADHD, Razer, and for my Florida peeps: Esam, Nickriddle, Hungrybox, HRNUT, Red Halberd, Shaky, and Seibrik is in a nutshell, not good enough. We have to be better. However great they are in their respective games, we have to be ten times better. If you think this is too great a task, then fine, I am not speaking to you.

Have you ever wanted anything in life, anything, so bad, so strongly, whether it is a job, women, monetary achievement, or whatever you could imagine; that nothing, I mean nothing, could dissuade you from pursuing that goal? I don’t know about you, but mines is becoming the best at Smash 4. Something like bribing a GameStop employee $500 to get a copy of the game a week early is the level of commitment I’m talking about. I know, I know it’s bad. If you didn’t know GameStop can receive games weeks before release.

Let’s be very clear; I want to use this game as a platform to further my education. If the game turns out to be truly viable at the competitive level; then I will see the game through however long it receives coverage. My goal is to be the best, but it is also to be the best so I can pay my way through school and rid myself of student debt. I’m only a junior so I don’t have much to begin with, but still, I want it gone.

I don’t want this game to consume your life. I don’t want you to be homeless, and be playing Smash 4 as a vagabond. No, homelessness will not be tolerated. In any sport there is practice, and Smash wouldn’t be any different. Somebody who can dedicate roughly 20 to 30 hours a week in intense training would be choice. And, come on guys, we sometimes hammer away entire Friday night’s and Saturdays playing with our best buds, so dedicating time to train in not unrealistic. A Saito to my Kenshin, a Vegeta to Goku, a Kuwabara to Yusuke; a fierce rivalry needs to be born between us. This way we can keep each other in check to make sure we don’t fall behind. Every tournament we go to, we won’t be satisfied with anything, but first place. Gotta’ go to Apex for sure.

November the 21st is D-Day, or earlier if you can land it. Be prepared, because there will be loss on this journey, but every fall will make us want it that much more. We’re going to be the first ones at the venue and the last ones to leave. Smash will test us at every turn to see if we are deemed fit enough to see the top, but if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I implore you to stand beside me. I know I am not a quitter, and I know you aren’t either. If you’re interested DM me.

dumba989

Smash Apprentice
In Route

I need a partner. A partner for the new smash 4; specifically the Wii U version. A partner, who has a deep hunger to become one of the best in this game. Someone whose commitment is so tightly rooted, that they don’t even flinch to go to an OOS tournament; given they have the resources. Somebody who preferably lives in Florida, however, I will not hesitate to play Wi-Fi.

Now, aspiring to reach the skill of a Mango, M2k, Armada, DR. PP, Zero, Nairo, Otori, 9B, Nietono, Ally, Anti, DEHF, Gnes, ADHD, Razer, and for my Florida peeps: Esam, Nickriddle, Hungrybox, HRNUT, Red Halberd, Shaky, and Seibrik is in a nutshell, not good enough. We have to be better. However great they are in their respective games, we have to be ten times better. If you think this is too great a task, then fine, I am not speaking to you.

Have you ever wanted anything in life, anything, so bad, so strongly, whether it is a job, women, monetary achievement, or whatever you could imagine; that nothing, I mean nothing, could dissuade you from pursuing that goal? I don’t know about you, but mines is becoming the best at Smash 4. Something like bribing a GameStop employee $500 to get a copy of the game a week early is the level of commitment I’m talking about. I know, I know it’s bad. If you didn’t know GameStop can receive games weeks before release.

Let’s be very clear; I want to use this game as a platform to further my education. If the game turns out to be truly viable at the competitive level; then I will see the game through however long it receives coverage. My goal is to be the best, but it is also to be the best so I can pay my way through school and rid myself of student debt. I’m only a junior so I don’t have much to begin with, but still, I want it gone.

I don’t want this game to consume your life. I don’t want you to be homeless, and be playing Smash 4 as a vagabond. No, homelessness will not be tolerated. In any sport there is practice, and Smash wouldn’t be any different. Somebody who can dedicate roughly 20 to 30 hours a week in intense training would be choice. And, come on guys, we sometimes hammer away entire Friday night’s and Saturdays playing with our best buds, so dedicating time to train in not unrealistic. A Saito to my Kenshin, a Vegeta to Goku, a Kuwabara to Yusuke; a fierce rivalry needs to be born between us. This way we can keep each other in check to make sure we don’t fall behind. Every tournament we go to, we won’t be satisfied with anything, but first place. Gotta’ go to Apex for sure.

November the 21st is D-Day, or earlier if you can land it. Be prepared, because there will be loss on this journey, but every fall will make us want it that much more. We’re going to be the first ones at the venue and the last ones to leave. Smash will test us at every turn to see if we are deemed fit enough to see the top, but if you see what I see, if you feel as I feel, and if you would seek as I seek, then I implore you to stand beside me. I know I am not a quitter, and I know you aren’t either. If you’re interested DM me.
Wow, well good luck to you man, that is a serious commitment to put yourself into but if you truly want it, it sounds like you'll get it through some means & someone will seek similar or more than you want.

youtwo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Youtwo12
3DS FC
0559-6766-5283
Switch FC
2400-3262-8154
Hey guys, just trying to get the word out to surrounding areas. There will be a Smash Bros. Melee tournament at Mississippi State (Starkville, MS) on Friday, October 31st. We will be meeting at Butler 100 at 7pm and it will last until whenever it finishes. It's just a $5 entry fee. Bring setups/CRT's if you can. If you have any questions please feel free to post them in the MSU VGC Facebook page or just message me. I hope to see a decent crowd there!

iFezZz

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3936-7335
I just moved to GA, I am looking to play with people. I live in Kennesaw. Are there many smashfests up here or am I pucked?

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I just moved to GA, I am looking to play with people. I live in Kennesaw. Are there many smashfests up here or am I pucked?
Hello, what game are you interested in playing? This thread is currently inactive. If you check the first post it will link you to the GA Facebook Smash communities which is the best way to stay in contact with the current happenings of the Georgia Smash community.

If you have any questions feel free to post here or message me on smashboards. Hope to see you soon!

smithspot

Smash Journeyman
Wow, its been a long time since coming here. Wanted to let everyone know Gamers Xperience is still supporting the Smash community. We have been out of the loop for some time now, but we are here and ready for the launch of Smash on the Wii U. We are hosting 3 tournaments in the first week of the release.

Nov. 21st - event page. Enter and you will also have a chance to win 1 of 5 Passes to MomoCon 2015.
Nov. 26th - event page
Nov. 28th - event page

We also will be hosting regular smashfest/gatherings along with tournaments. We look forward to meeting and competing with many of you.

Last edited:

RhyRhychan

Smash Cadet
NNID
RhyRhychan
Hey everyone! I live in North Augusta, SC right on the border of Augusta, GA, and close to Aiken.. Does anyone do anything around here? I sent an request to join the SC Melee group, but are there any Georgia ones? I want to become a pro smasher/streamer, and I think I'm already pretty decent. I still have a long way to go in melee though, and probably pm. I want to make streaming my full time job so once my capture card comes in I'll be doing it. I'll primarily be streaming Smash 4, which is what I'm practicing super hard right now. I didn't have it for DS, but I'm already beating people who had it all those months! (Woooo go me, lol) If your interested in the stream you can click my profile and see the information, but if anyone here in the SC/GA area wants to play let me know! Or add my NNID: RhyRhychan.. Or both :)

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I just wanna play with someone. Add me on WiiU: Milesg2g and on skype as well same name. Plz I wanna play this games online isn't that bad, but I mean offline is offline.

I'd also personally like for this thread to be active once again lol. Like swf kinda has no purpose to me when it comes to my region and that just makes no sense lol.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Hey everyone! I live in North Augusta, SC right on the border of Augusta, GA, and close to Aiken.. Does anyone do anything around here? I sent an request to join the SC Melee group, but are there any Georgia ones? I want to become a pro smasher/streamer, and I think I'm already pretty decent. I still have a long way to go in melee though, and probably pm. I want to make streaming my full time job so once my capture card comes in I'll be doing it. I'll primarily be streaming Smash 4, which is what I'm practicing super hard right now. I didn't have it for DS, but I'm already beating people who had it all those months! (Woooo go me, lol) If your interested in the stream you can click my profile and see the information, but if anyone here in the SC/GA area wants to play let me know! Or add my NNID: RhyRhychan.. Or both :)
You got a facebook account?

Top Bottom