• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

GOD!

Smash Ace
I'll be in town thanksgiving!! If marta can get me there I'll be there.

MAn I can't wait to smash. I got a roomate and I've been teaching him some stuff. He's really interested and he plays marth. It's amazing how much walk>fsmash works if that's all you do, plus CC grab and spacie chainthrow. gaaay.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
If I get a smash fest at my place then you're welcome to come over too, GOD.

I'll see what happens this weekend.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
Lounis, Jorge, Michael~ did any of you guys happen to pack my silver gamecube controller? it has a skull sticker on it. I haven't been able to find it and i'd just though i'd ask.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So um, where's the new venue for the Monthly located? Seeing that one isn't occurring this month, it'd help for me to plan a positive attendance for December.
I'm going to my mom's job on Saturday, and i'm getting paid 20$. I might be a tad late for whatever is going on in Augusta.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I just got a private message from someone saying to contact the owner of USGA gaming for the next event and gave me his phone number, am I the only one?

DRN

Smash Lord
I will tomorrow if you guys want me to >.>
IDK if u should since its pretty much pointless now. Like Min said before once he left he took all of his property with him. Unless like 10 people bring TVs then were all gonna be playing on 2-3 tvs. I dont think thats gonna work at all. I have a feeling they'd try to get us to play on the HD ones which of course will turn bad.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
IDK if u should since its pretty much pointless now. Like Min said before once he left he took all of his property with him. Unless like 10 people bring TVs then were all gonna be playing on 2-3 tvs. I dont think thats gonna work at all. I have a feeling they'd try to get us to play on the HD ones which of course will turn bad.
p1 would win.

Player-1

Smash Legend
This is the message I got from someone today

FYI ... USGA has enough back room tv's set up that aren't HD. USGA is in better shape to serve the community than some in the forums have stated. It took them a few days to put things back together after Min rushed out, but USGA is alive and well. Check it out for yourself.

If I call them what do you guys want me to ask about it? When the "monthly" will take place? How many non HD TVs do you have? Who can run it and ask maybe if someone from the community should run it?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
If you want, I can probably run tournaments for you guys. Juuuust not this weekend because I'd be at rom 3.

next weekend would be fine, probably.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i don't even know if the blue names exist anymore <_<

but i applied for the blue name in 2007 and was rejected ;-;

Player-1

Smash Legend
I know I said I would call today, but I was waiting to see if someone would want me to ask any other questions, but no one ever did so I'll call tomorrow after school so if you want me to ask the owner anything tell me and I'll ask for you

Waba

Smash Apprentice
If you guys want to have tournaments at usga, you should. I think more tournaments the better, but you know WaBa and I have always had this communities back and is truly the BEST! :D lol

Next WaBa Tournament featuring Brawl (Maybe Melee as well, depending...)
Dec. 4th with Nolan Bushnell(founder of Atari & Chuck E Cheeses) at the event!
more details to come...

Player-1

Smash Legend
Of course Min, without WABA we would hardly even have community TBH, but yeah I just want to have a tournament somewhere. The reason I was going to call isn't because I feel I have to choose between WABA and USGA, but I don't want to get there and the tournament be organized poorly or have like 4 TVs or something like that, I just want to make sure that it would actually be worth going to.

and btw if that's the tournament with a large payout (IF there is going to be a tournament with a large payout) then maybe we should have more time to hype it up or something so we get a lot of OoS attendance?

Player-3

Smash Hero
wait chuck e cheese?

**** those robotic mice scared the **** out of me when i was a kid and went there for a birthday party i sat under the table and ate my pizza scared i was going to **** my pants or something

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Of course Min, without WABA we would hardly even have community TBH, but yeah I just want to have a tournament somewhere. The reason I was going to call isn't because I feel I have to choose between WABA and USGA, but I don't want to get there and the tournament be organized poorly or have like 4 TVs or something like that, I just want to make sure that it would actually be worth going to.

and btw if that's the tournament with a large payout (IF there is going to be a tournament with a large payout) then maybe we should have more time to hype it up or something so we get a lot of OoS attendance?
I want every tournament to be successful, even if I'm not involved. I have no ill will for USGA or anybody. I was just letting people know the situation to eliminate confusion.

I am still working on the details of the Dec. 4th tournament. There will be many tournaments in the near future. The big pay out tournaments may happen later than sooner and build to it. I have meetings with potential investors during that time, which is why Nolan Bushnell will be in attendance. I want to take advantage of his attendance, so that the community can meet the founder of Atari. I think it'll be cool for the people. Just keep Dec. 4th open on your schedule, because it will kick off WaBa's roaming tournament phase.

I want to thank all of you for your continue support to help the gaming community grow in GA and beyond. WaBa is currently working with Microsoft to be involved with us and the new venue. Idk what will exactly happen atm, but we have had three great meetings with the XBOX Live and Surface departments at Microsoft. My ultimate goal is to potentially use these partners and connections to make sponsored WaBa Pro Teams in the future to represent our community and make competitive E-Sports a reality for you. Wish us luck in our success in getting great partnerships.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
do you really think that Microsoft will support a nintendo game? It sounds to me that the whole "competitive e-sports" dream will only come true for games besides Brawl and Melee.

Waba

Smash Apprentice
Microsoft is one potential and is more about hardware partnerships, where as other unnamed potential sponsors/partners maybe software or tournament related. Don't think too linear just because I'm talking about what's going on atm. This is the beginning of the journey, so don't define the whole trip by just the first steps. This is going to be a long journey on virgin roads trying to lead to success. There will be road blocks, bumps, and maybe even major accidents, but various roads/paths to travel to reach our destination. We sometimes need to backtrack or even go off road, but getting to the destination is paramount. Don't set limitations or negativity, life is too short NOT to think BIG.

just saying...

Top Bottom