• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

DRN

Smash Lord
imo less attendance is better if you're in it for the social part

less randoms

more time with people you kinda sorta maybe know

less brawl

mmmmmmm...combo breakers
Dude im disappointed in u. U said u were gonna come to waba and make your comeback :[. I was waiting to see your marth again.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
K good stay home if this is your mentality of our tourneys(since this is always what u say :/). I dont like that all i see from you is posting about how your not gonna come because YOU dont think the tourney is going to be packed. Yea it sucks u messed up the date the one time u came and the attendance sucked(which was expected of that combo breaker) but it shouldnt stop u from trying to help attendance of the monthly.

Lets just have it the weekend after Thanksgiving(not thanksgiving weekend). It doesn't interfere and yes i know its tech not November then. I really dont think the December monthly is going to packed so this wont change too much.
I'm glad someone said it..
U said u were gonna come to waba and make your comeback :[. I was waiting to see your marth again.
LMAO!!! LOLOLOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ROFL

"vietG's comback"

chas... :laugh:

I love this guy... :laugh:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I do actually talk too much about not attending. I'll keep my mouth shut on whether I go to something or not, my bad :/
I'll remain in lurk if I go to the monthly, but I can't help the attendance if I'm the only attendee. Not having a possible count on who's going is not what I'm getting at. Not at all.

DRN

Smash Lord
I do actually talk too much about not attending. I'll keep my mouth shut on whether I go to something or not, my bad :/
I'll remain in lurk if I go to the monthly, but I can't help the attendance if I'm the only attendee. Not having a possible count on who's going is not what I'm getting at. Not at all.
Please speak about being the only attendee when it actually happens. The time u went u still has scatt who is an amazing snake/olimar/luigi player. Hes exactly someone u would want to spend time playing with. I'm only being an ******* to u because all u talk about either how your not going because u think its gonna be dead(last time we broke 30 when u said this) or u say your going but never show. Really if u just came and made an effort to be apart of the community by being optimistic then i would have said nothing but just making a post about how your not going is pointless and wont help anyone but maybe convince randoms that no ones going.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'm not a regular, that's for sure, and I may never be until my mom gives me trust to go off somewhere. (OoS for example)
I go at uncontrolled intervals, and for this reason, I get too hype when I get the chance to go someplace. Events are all I have besides leveling up my Pikachu, playing Melee against CPUs(or a friend on occasion), and occasionally small get-togethers for friendlies with friends (so few offline that I have).
I'm not trying to sound misleading to people that happen to show, if that's what you're thinking, but I'm really not intereested in near zero count offlines. Sorry.

I'm supposed to be leaving to St.Lois for Thanksgiving, so I was mainly looking through tourneys in MO. I wanted to get out to something on the Friday before I go, and I wanted to make the tourney in Augusta a possibility by asking for who can carpool.
I guess I'm much. *Shrugs*

DRN

Smash Lord
I'm really not intereested in near zero count offlines. Sorry.
Please speak about being the only attendee when it actually happens. All u talk about either how your not going because u think its gonna be dead(last time we broke 30 when u said this)
Reposting this because i still dont think u understand how our monthlys work. Even though on the boards it may seem like its not well put together in the end we still have a good turn out.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
First off, you must attend atleast INSTATE tournies before you go out of state

My first smash tournament I attended was out of my parent's knowledge.

Part of being a kid is not doing what your parents say.

I strongly regret not going to MLG Raleigh, despite what my mother said.

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
First off, you must attend atleast INSTATE tournies before you go out of state

My first smash tournament I attended was out of my parent's knowledge.

Part of being a kid is not doing what your parents say.

I strongly regret not going to MLG Raleigh, despite what my mother said.
^This. If it's about gaining your mom's trust to go oos, you have to stay in state first. I wouldn't have had as much fun with the community(or my life outside of school) in state though if I didn't do a couple of things that my mom didn't know about. My mom was fuming when she found out that I was at Siege at 2:00 a.m when you left with Neo X and LQ as a matter of fact. Although you could consider this "wrong", I had fun doing it and I knew that I was in a trustworthy place. I and most likely everyone else in Ga's community probably wouldn't mind speaking to your parents. It just takes time to build trust though.

TL;DR

You may have to do a couple of things that you're parents may not trust, but you're old enough to determine who you can and can't trust. If you don't want to do anything risky,
let some people from the community meet your parents.

Btw, Biglou I can't express how thankful I am for the money that you gave and for the shoutout from Apex. :) I showed my mom and I think that she opened up a bit more.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
It's no problem really. I'm glad your mom is opening up a bit :). Hopefully she can meet the community someday and see how awesome we are :D

Player-1

Smash Legend
Lucas, the point to Turtl's post wasn't that you put a negative effect on this thread by posting stuff like you not coming, but to ACTUALLY come. The monthlies ALWAYS have a good attendance, combo breakers only sometimes have one. IIRC the last monthly we had that was below 35 was in May I think, and the last one before that was in December last year because all of the regulars were at winterfest. You do realize that about half of the regulars don't even post on the boards right?

DRN

Smash Lord
Lucas, the point to Turtl's post wasn't that you put a negative effect on this thread by posting stuff like you not coming, but to ACTUALLY come. The monthlies ALWAYS have a good attendance, combo breakers only sometimes have one. IIRC the last monthly we had that was below 35 was in May I think, and the last one before that was in December last year because all of the regulars were at winterfest. You do realize that about half of the regulars don't even post on the boards right?
Pretty much this cept mine has some spice and annoyance

bigman40

Smash Master
You do realize that about half of the regulars don't even post on the boards right?
Like me :D

Also LOL at not being a regular until you go OoS. I guess I was a random from 08 until my appearance at HERB 3. OoS is a bonus man. You're spending more money to meet more people that's outside your region that has a common interest like everyone here.

On that note, I'll be back in town this Thanksgiving (and working too). I wanna at least get some smashfests in cause I'm broke as **** :(

Also, is anyone planning to go to Pound5/Whobo3/etc next year? I would really want to travel to them. :)

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I will be at the November monthly no matter what ;D
Just need a date.
Who's DJRave?
I miss VietG
Lounis is Gay
Player-1 is Gay
Chas is too serious sometimes
Dyno is hilarious
Scatz is my older brother
/end

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Edit: Nvm, sheesh ;P
I'll go in December, i'm trying to get people active here already, and the process is painstakingly slow. Also, the main (and probably only) reason i can't make it to Monthlies is because of transport, at least out of Conyers.
Have a designated driver to tournaments DJ. That helps.
I can normally tag with Scatt if he has room, or Mercy, but i don't have a way to get over to either destination :( David got his car and license (I don't know if he was insured or not), but he's been in and out of college an awful lot, and he said he may not be reliable.

If i could go to the Monthly every month it was hosted, i would, and when i can't, i'm a bad person. Sorry guys.

Who's DJRave?
A pathetic scrub that can't ever make it to anything. >.<

BigLøu

Smash Lord
Scatz I'm going to Viridian city 9 with chaz, but that's about where my plans for next year end for now. I want to go to pound and whobo but realistically I can only go to one or the other.

I will definitely be at genesis 2 though.

DRN

Smash Lord
Just need a date.
Who's DJRave?
I miss VietG
Lounis is Gay
Player-1 is Gay
Dyno is hilarious
/end
:zerosuitsamus: :zerosuitsamus::metaknight: :zerosuitsamus: :zerosuitsamus:Only to people who are just talk :zerosuitsamus: :zerosuitsamus::metaknight: :zerosuitsamus: :zerosuitsamus:

<3 Alby

bigman40

Smash Master
Scatz I'm going to Viridian city 9 with chaz, but that's about where my plans for next year end for now. I want to go to pound and whobo but realistically I can only go to one or the other.

I will definitely be at genesis 2 though.
When is VC 9? If it's next year, I can at least plan for it. As for going to P5 or Whobo3, let me know which one yall decide on.

DRN

Smash Lord
When is VC 9? If it's next year, I can at least plan for it. As for going to P5 or Whobo3, let me know which one yall decide on.

January 29th i believe.

Ima also try to make it to Genesis 2. All depends on if my parents will pay for me again as a graduation present or something.

bigman40

Smash Master
Hmm....I wouldn't have enough time to reliably get enough money in my accounts for VC9. Also, keep in mind we might have another season of MLG.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
it's only going to be dead if you guys decide not to go you noobs

whoa I got super ninja'd

I guess that's what happens when I don't refresh the page in a few hours lol

Umby

Smash Master
If people aren't doing anything this weekend, I'm also having a scrub tourney this weekend at Spelman College. Also has competition for BBCS, Tekken 6, Halo Reach, and Modern Warfare 2 if anyone's interested.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Just need a date.

Lounis is Gay

Dyno is hilarious

/end
hehehe :)

Also about VC: sounds like it will be a day after my Bday so hopefully my mother will let me come out and play with the neighborhood bigboys when im 18, right? :awesome:

yeah hopefully I can attend VC. i'll start saving.

j00t

Smash Champion
Georgia! Come to FAP2! (link)

I wanna see everyone at this! FullMetal, SleepyK, Soft, DruggedFox, MikeG (**** right), BBQ, dashdancedan, and Dogy, I'm looking at you all! <3

Player-3

Smash Hero
Just need a date.
Who's DJRave?
I miss VietG
Lounis is Gay
Player-1 is Gay and Stupid
Dyno is hilarious
I play a gay character
/end
fixed for you

also when is the nov monthly?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I'm taking AP Lang atm....I got a 76
English my favorite subject too ;_;
This class is hard, but enjoyable.
Unlike physics....which is just stupid and difficult.

Jamaal don't try to take away from my post!

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
I'll try to be at the Waba just in case people show, I'd hate to disappoint :p
Mom's car is under repair, so I'll need to find an alternative way there. I'll try to get 20$ to MM.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Conyers, I can walk out to a pick-up point, so you don't have to drive too far.

How much money would you need for gas?

Top Bottom