• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
well, sorry i missed CB, but i did get to see Sherlock Holmes and Avatar, so the day wasn't a total loss (lol).

i will be there for the January CB, though. got some new tricks i've been wanting to try, so i'm looking forward to getting some games in. :)
****, Avatar was AMAZING. I saw it in 3D, it was AWESOME. Great mix of action and plot. Yes, I said it, I liked the plot. **** the critics.

Haven't seen Sherlock Holmes yet, though. But, I plan to at some point.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
eh, Avatar was pretty much just a retelling of Pocahontas.

sherlock holmes was REALLY good, though.
Resisting...nerdrage...

...of course Sherlock Holmes was good, it has Robert Downey Jr as Holmes!
what, because he's completely accurate? you can argue about the special effects all you want, but avatar is a white guilt film through and through.

in case you didn't know

White guilt
refers to the concept of individual or collective guilt often said to be felt by some White people for the racist treatment of people of color by Whites both historically and presently.[1] The term is generally used in pejorative way (and in a partisan fashion within American political circles).
White guilt has been described as one of several psychosocial costs of racism for White individuals along with the ability to have empathic reactions towards racism, and fear of non-Whites
the movie clearly portrays parallels to how the whites have treated native american and africa cultures since THAT'S THE POINT
not to mention the main character's god ****ed name is Sully

get it?

if you don't, l2 vocab. granted the movie was still good imo.
ofc whites are not the only race/culture to treat other cultures as worthless and savage and it still happens today, but that's the term.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
Deer santa, i ownly ask thaat yew bring a bedr smash comyewnity to gowrgeah. The other boys in pensalvayneyah R haveing a smash fest and thar R gowing to bee mowr peoel thare th3n a yewsual gowrgeya towrnament. I am sad santa plees bring mowr peepL to smash townameents.

lov
~dinowmyte
wtf is this supposed to be humorous

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Why don't we plan a Smashfest at WABA on Saturday or Wednesday or something? Unless someone has a better idea? I'm down for all times except Tuesday night. As of now. Thinking of going to see Sherlock Holmes soon.

bigman40

Smash Master
Why don't we plan a Smashfest at WABA on Saturday or Wednesday or something? Unless someone has a better idea? I'm down for all times except Tuesday night. As of now. Thinking of going to see Sherlock Holmes soon.
WHY ARE THOSE CONTROLLERS SO **** SEXY?!!?!?!?!!?? ****!!!!

caps

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Yeah. Grief and Wrath are really good. Wrath is probably the second best Falco I've played, no lies. They just have small gaps in their game knowledge (such as teching) and what the others said (exploitable reoccurring choices). With more experience I feel like they'll be very formidable.

On that note... I feel like I've gotten much better this month with all the practice and tournaments/smashfests I've gone too. I've gotten to the "reading" stage of playing and moved away from most silly punishable mistakes. I'm pretty happy with my performance as of late. I just have to clear up a few small bad habits and then work on my specific match-up experience. I really have started to feel like I may deserve my spot on the PR... heh.

/endlifestory

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
WHY ARE THOSE CONTROLLERS SO **** SEXY?!!?!?!?!!?? ****!!!!
They are way to sexy. It's why we kicked so much *** at that tournament. Their sexyness enhanced our game and distracted our opponents.

That and because no one showed up.

Scatz, we should smash again sometime this week. And not get WABA canceled > MikeG canceled > Jamaal's Sister canceled > RJ canceled > time canceled. Other people are invited too of course. Be more active people!

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I feel like art, cept i have larger amounts of mistakes I have to fix.

Just gotta evaluate my gameplay, and think about what I'm doing in game.

bigman40

Smash Master
They are way to sexy. It's why we kicked so much *** at that tournament. Their sexyness enhanced our game and distracted our opponents.

That and because no one showed up.

Scatz, we should smash again sometime this week. And not get WABA canceled > MikeG canceled > Jamaal's Sister canceled > RJ canceled > time canceled. Other people are invited too of course. Be more active people!
Yeah, I'm down to play again. I'm gonna be focusing a lot on my pika from here on out (I need him to be better to rely on him in tourney). If people would man up and practice instead of listing johns that are listed 24/7 then they'd be better (maybe if they think too).

Alby, if your mom is down for letting me take you, then I'll pick you up. Try to get Scatt's mom to be a little more lenient =/

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
what, because he's completely accurate? you can argue about the special effects all you want, but avatar is a white guilt film through and through.

in case you didn't know

the movie clearly portrays parallels to how the whites have treated native american and africa cultures since THAT'S THE POINT
not to mention the main character's god ****ed name is Sully

get it?

if you don't, l2 vocab. granted the movie was still good imo.
ofc whites are not the only race/culture to treat other cultures as worthless and savage and it still happens today, but that's the term.
...the nerdrage thing was a joke, Sleepy. I knew it was just a white guilt story. Not the term that came to mind when I was watching it, but still, point made.

But, seeing flying blue people on(what are basically) dragons, tearing pilots and soldiers out of their ships is bad-***.

The plot was good(no matter how cliche), and the graphics just improved upon it.

This being said, I'm up for smash tomorrow. Anyone?

BBQ°

Smash Champion
When I found out Avatar was not a movie based on the Last Airbender, I was saddened.
Although a movie about Avatar the Last Airbender would probably come out like the Dragon Ball Z movie or the Street Fighter movie, so maybe I should be grateful, haha.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
When I found out Avatar was not a movie based on the Last Airbender, I was saddened.
Although a movie about Avatar the Last Airbender would probably come out like the Dragon Ball Z movie or the Street Fighter movie, so maybe I should be grateful, haha.
really can't tell if you're ignorant or just ironic... i'll assume its the first as you're very rarely ironic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W1dhqc-JBs

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
M. Night Shyamalan

Making a Last Airbender movie?

Surprise, the airbenders are actually aliens. More surprise, the fire nation is a bunch of werewolves.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
really can't tell if you're ignorant or just ironic... i'll assume its the first as you're very rarely ironic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9W1dhqc-JBs
Well, I actually read an article about the movie being in production. I read it early this year, and I was thinking the movie was going to flop because it was just mind blowing that they were going to have 4 chapters (water, air, earth, fire) in 1 movie. The movie trailer seemed... alright, I guess? I can't really say based off the scenes they showed, but I'm hoping it will be at least worth my time when I go see it next year.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i went into avatar thinking that it was going to be the last airbender.
worst mistake of my life.

its a good movie if you dont want to have to think and you just feel like looking at pretty stuff.
they really are just beating a dead horse but doing so in 3D AND WITH BLUE PEOPLE!

BBQ°

Smash Champion
i don't remember an air chapter in Last Airbender

it's been so long tho idk

momo
I don't remember either, and I'm guessing there isn't since I don't think they would make a chapter for him learning a skill he already knows, lol. I just said 4 chapters on my post above for dramatic and exaggeration purposes :3

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Yeah. Grief and Wrath are really good. Wrath is probably the second best Falco I've played, no lies. They just have small gaps in their game knowledge (such as teching) and what the others said (exploitable reoccurring choices). With more experience I feel like they'll be very formidable.

On that note... I feel like I've gotten much better this month with all the practice and tournaments/smashfests I've gone too. I've gotten to the "reading" stage of playing and moved away from most silly punishable mistakes. I'm pretty happy with my performance as of late. I just have to clear up a few small bad habits and then work on my specific match-up experience. I really have started to feel like I may deserve my spot on the PR... heh.

/endlifestory
I agree.
Now you can move on to Melee ^_^

I feel like art, cept i have larger amounts of mistakes I have to fix.

Just gotta evaluate my gameplay, and think about what I'm doing in game.
Yeah thinking would be a good start.
<3

edit:
wait... this is the flame thread.
*scratches out my love*

D

Deleted member

Looked like a lot of people wanted to play some smash soon. I cant invite people at my place. Somebody else take charge. =p

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
...the nerdrage thing was a joke, Sleepy. I knew it was just a white guilt story. Not the term that came to mind when I was watching it, but still, point made.

But, seeing flying blue people on(what are basically) dragons, tearing pilots and soldiers out of their ships is bad-***.

The plot was good(no matter how cliche), and the graphics just improved upon it.

This being said, I'm up for smash tomorrow. Anyone?
idk your argument for the plot seems to be
"the special effects and action scenes were awesome!"

the plot wasn't that good. it was mediocre... since it was cliche.
the movie is still good because it executes the plot well and the sfx are great.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
idk your argument for the plot seems to be
"the special effects and action scenes were awesome!"

the plot wasn't that good. it was mediocre... since it was cliche.
the movie is still good because it executes the plot well and the sfx are great.
Eh, it took the Cliche, made it look good, and presented it in a nice way.

So yeah, it was Cliche, but I liked it.

Going to see Sherlock Holmes today.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
The "without spell check" was implied.
Yes, normally you can somewhat understand what i am saying and thats just because i type everything on a word document then copy past it on smash boards. but the letter to santa was done in notepad.

Adding this in just in case someone actually takes me seriously.. :012:

DRN

Smash Lord
Yes lets try to get a smashfest on Wednesday going. I havent been playing brawl at all recently, because other games have controlled me. Sooner the better

stealth3654

Smash Lord
If there is a smash fest on Wednesday, I won't be able to go. Make it tomorrow or Thursday... or sometime other than Wednesday this week.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
Well, I can maybe smash tomorrow until like 9:30 pm or so. But I have somewhere I have to be later that day. Wednesday I'm free but Thursday is New Year's Eve so I'll be going to a party. If people want to do it tomorrow, post here soon so everyone knows to go.

Micaelis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MicaelisX
I'm confused... maybe it was because I was in Loser Finals with him but he camped the hell out of me x_x B B B Side B Repeat. He camped me worse than I've ever been camped before actually... minus maybe a few matches with Turtl before I taught him not to Side B me xD

Top Bottom