• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
you will.. if u go :wario: idk why u stopped.. well semi stopped playing him and focused more on :pt: may i find out why?
I like Pokemon Trainer and feel that he has a fair amount of potential that is just waiting to be unlocked.

I'm playing a whole lot more Wario nowadays, though...

Rayku

Smash Lord
Reflex you actually go to the Pokemon section of smashboards? Meh.

Waba monthly is going to be pretty awesome. Is it, or is it not, going to be $10 entry for all the events?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
for people who didn't see the grands for apex

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWG0UxAHMQ4

i cant believe thy are up already

EDIT: by the way.. do these tournaments have a ledge grab count DQ? if not i think we should issue it (not saying any one here does it, just because its getting rather popular and if new people come in wanting to try this it will hold up the tourney and its just so boring..) 60 sound good?

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
good point, dyno.

actually wobbling is banned in a good number of places

SleepyK

sure thing, zomb. you might want to ask rayku for friendlies since he has a high degree of tech skill and his mindgames are decent. he just lacks experience, but he'll whip you into decent pretty fast imo.

edit: oh and he lives not far from you which is a huge plus

SleepyK

not really, but his tech isn't gone for good and he still knows how to play the game.
plus they could play brawl too, since they're both in ga's upper echelon.

SleepyK

i just turbomodded 2 360s

feel great

haven't slept

let's smmash bros

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
I'll be coming to this for Melee! Also, if the registration starts at 2pm, then how long does the tourney last? Until like 11pm? I ask because some of the Florida tourneys last a long time, and we start at 12pm. Also, is it cool to show up at like 1pm for some extra friendlies?

Umby

Smash Master
I'll be coming to this for Melee! Also, if the registration starts at 2pm, then how long does the tourney last? Until like 11pm? I ask because some of the Florida tourneys last a long time, and we start at 12pm. Also, is it cool to show up at like 1pm for some extra friendlies?
2pm is actually when the doors open. We don't quite get the tournouts most FL tournaments get, so the tournaments don't end too late. There's usually plenty of time for friendlies before and after.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
OK, awesome. I'll be there at 2 then. I'm really looking forward to this! I'm also bringing my cousin with me who doesn't really play smash ever. Hopefully this ignites his interest in Melee! Getting my a** kicked in Melee is very motivating for me, so hopefully he's the same way =D

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
:/ Thats okay. We'll play some crazy friendlies. The melee tournament is going to last for 30 minutes LOL.

Toobz

Smash Journeyman
I'll help you! What you could do is host a melee tournament for all the brawl players. Then everyone who joined the tourney would be around the same skill level as the others, and wouldn't get destroyed by melee vets. I don't think totally annihilating a brawl player in melee really gets them into the game. You gotta have peers.

BBQ°

Smash Champion
I agree, Umby. It sounds like a bit of brawlers want to get into Melee. Here's a list of what I've noticed

Zom~B
Rayku
BBQ
Scatz
P-3
Umby (?)
Octix
Albino
VietGeek (?)

Hopefully we can get at least half of these people to enter tournaments. I think I've decided I'm going to alternate melee/brawl tournaments.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
*falls out of chair laughing*

Oh I always get a kick out of people trying to compare GA to FL in ... anything !

Yeah, everybody said it already. Just think of the numbers of people in FL to the people in GA, it only makes sense.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I think for now on we should use stage striking and add Lylat Cruise to the list of neutrals. I think everyone agreed on this.
Or we could remove Yoshi's Island Brawl.

It's all about being conservative, am I right?

T3h Albino

Smash Master
viet G where were you when i needed you =[
i may enter melee idk if i dont ill play mad friendlies
I want to play melee with like 3/4 people like me sleepy jamaal and fullmetal did that one day i think that was a good learning experience

Rayku

Smash Lord
I just play Melee casually. Nothing too serious on my part.

"get into Melee" BBQ? I've played the game for a while.

Daysoo

Smash Ace
I agree, Umby. It sounds like a bit of brawlers want to get into Melee. Here's a list of what I've noticed

Zom~B
Rayku
BBQ
Scatz
P-3
Umby (?)
Octix
Albino
VietGeek (?)

Hopefully we can get at least half of these people to enter tournaments. I think I've decided I'm going to alternate melee/brawl tournaments.
If these peeps enter Melee, then hell, I'll enter, too.

Top Bottom