• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GEORGIA MELEE ~ Feb 4th ~ Smashfest at SPSU (Marietta, GA)~ FEAT. MAD BOOTY

BBQ°

Smash Champion
It's not that we're canceling, it's just nothing is being planned out. During the summer these smashfests are more lax. Most of the time it's like "hey I want to play smash", and then 2 people respond, and then more people decide to come. During the semester, we always have smashfests, so that's the best time to come. Just keep checking this thread every few days to see if we decide to have a smashfest soon, but idk.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Yes, but we might move them back to the original day - Thursdays, although Friday seems to work better with most people. We'll see.
Sweet;
I liked the tues/thursdays biweekly smashfest thing personally.

Fridays were just this summer, and with classes 5 days a week, i'd imagine people showing up less on fridays.

While at KSU, I'll see if there is any place to use as a venue for tournies or smashfests, but the biweeklies at SPSU are good enough already. GA needs more tournies.
Sweet, Tuesday/Thursday are my off days from classes
Also, from what I've seen, there's not really a place to hold smashfests @ KSU... The UVS dorms have a chill spot on every floor with like 3 TVs, but that's about it (From what I've seen)

Just make your schedule for no class on fridays. It's awesome.

Also, it's a good idea to have smashfests at KSU. At first I was against it, but I realized it would be a good place to expand the Melee community.
hopefully there are some smashers @ KSU we don't know about lol

Rayku

Smash Lord
@Frozen: GT is a dumb distance to go because you can't get there. It's about the same drive for MOST people. Where's Elliot when you need him. Actually, where's that one post that he made a long time ago that I'm not going to find

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
@Frozen: GT is a dumb distance to go because you can't get there. It's about the same drive for MOST people.
this true. if i could get, say, tavis or lounis to drive i wouldn't really mind it... its just that currently my only way there is taking a bus to art station and then making my way from there.

Rayku

Smash Lord
Yeah. GT is a pretty central location. Granted, I don't want to make that drive myself, but it would help other people by making that a place to play

D

Deleted member

Imo, GA Tech is prob one of the best locations in Atlanta to hold smashfests. GA State would be as well b/c they're in Atlanta and accessible to everybody almost equally. Whereas SPSU and KSU are in West metro Atlanta and restrict convenience to local smashers.

Tech needs to start holding Melee smashfests instead of just Brawl too. And more tournies but not those lame ones where CGs are banned and that scrub TO said dashdancing was too.

And I'm gonna make Fridays my day off from class so I can leave for OoS tournies and stay late on Thursday smashfests. Friday is the ultimate convenience.

Synral

Smash Rookie
Well, joining an SSBM tournament for the first time in GA, no prior experience, lol expecting to get wrecked.
brb spending 2 months learning the ropes

BBQ°

Smash Champion
yo Synral, are Ambix's friend? Nice to see you on smashboards.

If you don't know anything about competitive smash or smash in general, I recommend watching this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4n4s5yB7ZkE

If you don't know which character to use, just use a character you want to be good with and stick with it. Melee is a discouraging game, but no doubt one of the most rewarding.

The more you play with us, the better you'll get, plus you will meet some great people.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
*sigh* Look, my PS3 is probably blocked off from online since apparently TWO people stole off my account. If I don't play someone decent at BlazBlue soon, I think I might die.

D

Deleted member

Barely anybody here will play Blazblue. They prefer smash, but they occasionally rarely bust out stuff like SFIV or BB. If you want BB, go to a BB forum b/c you won't be disappointed.

We save our time for really competitive games like Diddy Kong Racing and Mario Party 4 when we're done playing that noncompetitive party game Melee.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
I also like Smash Bros. I'm doing one stop shopping.

Where the hell am I supposed to go, Dustloop? **** that. Those guys are freaks and jerks that would crush.my face into the dirt with Nu and then call me a "scrub" for losing to them.

Oh, and I also really like Street Fighters that aren't IV. AND KOF.

GOD!

Smash Ace
I just got back from florida and I still have all my tech skill!

So hopefully there will be one of these kind of soon. Ir just an informal thing somewhere else. Smashfests > tournaments for me cause they're so relaxed and the only money you spend is on going out to eat after/during.

D

Deleted member

Yeah, this Friday Henry has graciously lent his apartment for us to play at because the normal area we'd been playing in is now being used for storage.

I owe him some sprite undoubtedly.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
THAT'S TWO. Come on, now, y'all. Say you're gonna play some Smash this week. (And BlazBlue...)

Synral

Smash Rookie
You guys hosting on the 13th? I'm actually trying to look into going there and picking up some contact info to learn how to, you know, not suck at this game.

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
lol I've never played blazblue :(
No problem! I'll just use Rachey-woo and you shouldn't lose too badly while learning! ^__^

Do you eve play Smash Bros holy crap
'Course I do. Are you gonna come play with us?
Thing about Smash Bros. is, I can actually play it online or have my RPG*** and shooter*** friends play it with me. Try to convince my friends to play something outside their comfort zone, I DARE you. >__>

Synral

Smash Rookie
Friday is the 13th. I can't make it on the 6th, which is the friday before that.

Rayku

Smash Lord
'Course I do. Are you gonna come play with us?
Thing about Smash Bros. is, I can actually play it online or have my RPG*** and shooter*** friends play it with me. Try to convince my friends to play something outside their comfort zone, I DARE you. >__>
Well I only ask that because you won't stop talking about BlazBlue and for some reason dustloop is out of the question for you. When you play a game, you play with the people too, and that's half the fun. If you don't like the people who play BlazBlue on the site that you can get the absolute best experience from it, then why play the game?

In short, and in a jerk-wad way of saying it, just shut up about BlazBlue already LOL

D

Deleted member

You need to chill out with BlazBlue. People here barely play other fighting games besides smash.

And I promise you that you aren't getting the same experience playing Brawl online in 4 man free for alls with items on or with casual friends. This is smashboards. We play smash.

@ Hichez. 1100 S. Marietta Pkwy Marietta, GA 30060

There you go.

Edit: Henry, you ninja.

Rayku

Smash Lord
@drpepper: That's not necessarily true. There are plenty of people who play other fighting games, but the SPSU/Waba threads aren't exactly the best place to find hardcore blazblue players, especially on smashboards. I mean if he can find that I'll just go find some hardcore DDR/SA2:B players

Gaming King

Smash Apprentice
^ I like Brawl.

@drpepper: That's not necessarily true. There are plenty of people who play other fighting games, but the SPSU/Waba threads aren't exactly the best place to find hardcore blazblue players, especially on smashboards. I mean if he can find that I'll just go find some hardcore DDR/SA2:B players
I'm a hardcore SA2:B player. Wanna play THAT? Because that's one of my favorite games EVER.

Top Bottom