• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno's Bizarre Adventure part 2: Stardust Crusaders (Geno Support Thread #2)

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I mean sure, no one's stopping you from setting yourself to disappointment and unnecesary sadness. I'm just saying Geno's chances are absolute 0 now and probably will never get it. We gotta admit Geno is a side character from an SNES RPG Nintendo and Square are barely acknowledging. If we wanted Geno, then we should support characters like Tifa, Selan from Lufia, Grant from Castlevania or any secondary character. Just having a fanbase doesn't mean you deserve a spot.
Do the healthy thing and save yourself some psychological self harm. We don't need Geno in Smash to be happy, as I said, it means and validates nothing.
I'm an adult, I can handle a character I want not being in a video game. I can believe he still has a shot without killing myself over it every time it doesn't happen. Disappointment can follow, but such is life.

Additionally, supporting one side character doesn't mean I have to support all of them. I like Geno, I have no interest in Tifa. This is how preference works

Last edited:

Nabbitfan730

Smash Ace
I mean sure, no one's stopping you from setting yourself to disappointment and unnecesary sadness. I'm just saying Geno's chances are absolute 0 now and probably will never get it. We gotta admit Geno is a side character from an SNES RPG Nintendo and Square are barely acknowledging. If we wanted Geno, then we should support characters like Tifa, Selan from Lufia, Grant from Castlevania or any secondary character. Just having a fanbase doesn't mean you deserve a spot.
Do the healthy thing and save yourself some psychological self harm. We don't need Geno in Smash to be happy, as I said, it means and validates nothing.
Just because his chances are hit doesn't mean we should be banned from talking about him. I don't think hes coming to Ultimate or probably even any other entry but I support him and like talking about relevant news around him, Smash or otherwise and so does everyone else. Like others have pointed out, so many "Deconfirmed" fighters still have threads so what makes Geno different exactly? How is supporting Geno "psychological harm"?

Also what does Tifa, Salan, Grant or Lufia have to do with Geno? We aren't support characters just for the sake of supporting secondary characters nor are we obligated to do so what is this comparison anyways. We don't need Geno in Smash, we want in him in.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Because his fanbase has been around for a long time, I guess? I wasn't around much during the Smash 4 era, but I feel like if the Ridley thread for Smash 4 hadn't been closed, it likely would have been met with a similar response.
That's true. Feels like the character gatekeeping and passive aggressive "I'm only thinking of your best interests!" mindsets have gotten so much worse over the years. And it's weird that people care that much about what a fanbase supports, even if their chances dwindle, unless it's intended to specifically stop a character from being potential in next game. Essentially, detractors don't have much power in the grand scheme of Sakurai picking characters; fan support is what convinces him. So if they can quash a support group in one Smash cycle, that group won't be active in the next Smash cycle, thereby burying a character's chances.

Seems like the air around the Smash fanbase sometimes focuses more on who shouldn't be added than support for adding someone. Much like it appears that some people care and invest more for speculation rather than the actual physical game.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
It seems like the user's stopped, so it's probably best to move on to something more positive.

Does anyone have any predictions or hopes for today's Nintendo Direct? I've posted my hopes elsewhere, though I feel like it's wildly optimistic on my part.

I'm just going to post what I want to see for the Direct, since I find that my predictions are often hilariously wrong. (ex. saying that just because a Smash reveal was a few days before MineCon, it doesn't mean that Steve is going to be the character in question)

-Bayonetta 3 news (it's been THREE YEARS)

-a No More Heroes 3 trailer (don't know how likely it is, since we got one with the release of No More Heroes 1 and 2 on the Switch, but it's supposed to be coming out this year)

-Persona 4 Golden/Persona 5/Persona 5 Royal on the Switch (Persona 5 Strikers comes out in less than a week; it would be nice if Switch owners were able to play Persona 5 as well, given how well Persona 4 did on Steam, though I wouldn't say no to P4G on the Switch)

-Halo: The Master Chief Collection or Rare Replay (almost definitely not going to happen, but I can dream - the Master Chief Collection coming to the Switch has been rumoured for a while)

-Breath of the Wild 2 news, even if it's just a short trailer with a title reveal

-Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity DLC (I still need to finish the game, but more content is generally good, and given how much DLC Hyrule Warriors had, I'm surprised we haven't gotten any for Age of Calamity yet)

-Wind Waker HD and/or Twilight Princess HD on the Switch (I figure they're going to want to get something out there for Zelda's 35th anniversary, even if it's a port of a remaster)

-Xenoblade Chronicles X ported to the Switch (it would be a shame if that was the only major Wii U game that didn't get a port or a similar sequel on the Switch)

-a release date for Shin Megami Tensei 3, featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry series

-a port of Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition (I don't know how likely it is, but I think the other DMC games did well)

-Mega Man X9?

-something from Camelot (Golden Sun?)

-a new Donkey Kong Country game

-the Ninja Gaiden trilogy (it's been rumoured or listed on retailers for a few months now)

-maybe Mario RPG or Earthbound coming to the SNES Online? Not sure if they'd take time to announce that since they're usually just randomly announced without much fanfare, but I'd like to think that those two games would be announced at some point

-for the Smash reveal, my gut says Monster Hunter, but I'm hoping for Dante, Ryu Hayabusa, or Crash. (or Doomguy, though I admit that he seems less likely than the others)

Mind you, I feel like I'd be lucky if even a third of these actually happened.
As for my predictions, I'm only really confident in the Ninja Gaiden trilogy, Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD, Shin Megami Tensei 3's release date, and maybe a Persona game being ported. (since the port of Persona 4 Golden on Steam was such a success)

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
It seems like the user's stopped, so it's probably best to move on to something more positive.

Does anyone have any predictions or hopes for today's Nintendo Direct? I've posted my hopes elsewhere, though I feel like it's wildly optimistic on my part.

As for my predictions, I'm only really confident in the Ninja Gaiden trilogy, Wind Waker HD/Twilight Princess HD, Shin Megami Tensei 3's release date, and maybe a Persona game being ported. (since the port of Persona 4 Golden on Steam was such a success)
Well, as far as my my hopes for today's Smash reveal, I'm keeping my eyes open for KOS-MOS, Lloyd, Ryu Hayabusa, Crash, Rayman, Shantae, Doomslayer, Phoenix Wright, and Professor Layton as potential candidates. As for non-Smash stuff, I just want to know when the GBC Shantae and Maneater ports for the Switch are coming out

Last edited:

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
That was pleasant tbh! I much rather a newish franchise get a second rep than like.... another frickin pokemon. Plus it's 2 waifus for the price of 1 xD

Man Rex got cuuuuucked tho, RIP

Urso_Ornitier

Smash Apprentice
Spoilers only for the case someone hasn’t seen the Direct and wants it spoiler free.
Pura and Mythra
Legends of Zelda: Gimme Them Joycons
Splatoon 3
Legend of Mana
Hyrule Warriors DLC

I enjoyed the direct a lot!

Im not sure how I feel about World’s End Club. All I know is, I loved the Danganronopa series.

I also loved Octopath and Triangle Strategy looks to be pretty similar. Demo time!

Last edited:

Dreamking

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DreamWanderer92
3DS FC
0817-5074-8674
Switch FC
6827-7951-1977
It's nice that a Geno support thread came back. I'll just mention a few things.

1. I wish Geno had been given a head.
2. I wish he had come with Beware the Forest Mushrooms as a track to add to the Mario song list.
3. I wish that he had been given a trailer like other premium costumes.
4. I wish Nintendo would just buy the rights to all things Super Mario RPG except Culex and accompanying FF4 boss music. Geno would have made a great companion to Rosalina. Think Peach and Toad/Toadsworth but on a more epic scale.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Stardust Crusaders is Part 3 of Jojo. Battle Tendency is Part 2. I get the joke as is, but it's a funny inconsistency. XD

Anyway, I really wish he was Premium so we got a song or two. :c

Here's hoping for a Pass 3 with him or him in next game, though~

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
At any rate, Geno for Mario golf when?
Yes, this right here. Also, this new Mario Golf looks good, too. I hope it retains as much depth as Toadstool Tour had. (Toadstool Tour was the last Mario Golf I've played, never played World Tour for 3DS).

Last edited:

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
I'm glad to see the Geno thread back! I honestly thought I was gonna miss it altogether.

As for the direct, I like the idea of more stance/character switch based fighter especially after having Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS split, hopefully, this one ain't too hard to balance.

Back on topic, I feel like Our boi's best hope right now is stuck in a catch 22:
-Geno hard big hurdle of being a 3rd party character that has to compete with first-party franchise attention and lack of relevancy outside of fan outcry
-Myamoto/Nintendo doing what they can to keep the same first-party franchise with a smaller pool of character and avoid bringing back no longer relevant picks.
It's all just me worrying, but hopefully, the cycle breaks at some point. Maybe a spinoff like Mario Golf? Does anyone know if Square is anywhere near that one?

Last edited:

super88cloud

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
Sw-1747-1648-3976
why are we still here.... just to suffer?
Seriously. Geno got Mii´d.
He´s pretty much out 99% as an actual character. As much as I´d love to be wrong, that´s reality.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd honestly consider him hard out if and only if Sakurai comments on Mii Costumes being done.

I don't think a Fighter's Pass 3 is coming, but I do consider him out too. Reality aside, we've still got a lot of neat characters in the end. Just too bad we didn't get many I actually wanted. Geno's not my favorite(Waluigi would be higher), and admittedly Shy Guy was my preferred Mook(though I treat him as Yoshi, not Super Mario, but eh), but even then, he'd have been really damn cool to use.

Sadly he got just a nicer-looking costume(due to basic updates so it fits the Switch game better. Akin to an HD update at best).

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
If u really think it's pointless then why stay around.

Just let us have our place 2 meet lmao

Last edited:

Giga Kaiju

Smash Lord
NNID
GigaKaiju
Switch FC
SW-8115-0761-4039
A new thread has been opened, eeeeeeey!

So glad to see a thread for Geno being open and being able to discuss things Mario series/Geno overall. I thought the past thread left things clear that it would be doubtful to have a new one (or at least so soon) but I am fine to be proven wrong.

Props Megadoomer Megadoomer for bringing things back for discussion. (I hope I can be added to a possible new list of supporters, hehe)

The Direct was alright. Pyra/Mythra look intriguing and fun to play as that transformation gimmicks looks cool and Mario Golf is back. (Crossing fingers for playable Geno and Mallow...maybe...probably...perhaps...please...)

Anyway, glad to see the thread back on track!

:bowser: :starman:.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Props Megadoomer Megadoomer for bringing things back for discussion. (I hope I can be added to a possible new list of supporters, hehe)
You're already on the supporter list - it's just spoiler-tagged to keep the page from being stretched out. (when I typed out the intro to the thread, it wound up being 11 pages long, with 9 or 10 of those pages being the supporter list)

Last edited:

Urso_Ornitier

Smash Apprentice
So, this is kind of weird and SUPER stretchy, but Rex did sort of make it into the game. It may not be a playable character, but he is in as a final smash assist, fully modeled as a character.

This, sort of, makes him a Mii Costume that turned character. Could the same treatment happen to Geno?

Say, Mallow gets added and he ends up being part of a final smash. It could also be possible to get a Geno and Mallow swapping character like they currently just put in Pyra and Mythra.

Tin foil hat, goooooooo.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
So, this is kind of weird and SUPER stretchy, but Rex did sort of make it into the game. It may not be a playable character, but he is in as a final smash assist, fully modeled as a character.

This, sort of, makes him a Mii Costume that turned character. Could the same treatment happen to Geno?

Say, Mallow gets added and he ends up being part of a final smash. It could also be possible to get a Geno and Mallow swapping character like they currently just put in Pyra and Mythra.

Tin foil hat, goooooooo.
That's not quite the same thing, though. If Rex was fully playable, I could see it, but as of now, Rex is in the same sort of situation as Chrom in Smash 4 or Morgana from Persona 5 in Ultimate.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Not necessarily Geno related, but for those interested, I came across new pictures of the extremely rare Mallow plush.

As someone who is apart of the Mario plush community, this was extremely exciting to see!
Amazing. I think this is the first time the Internet is getting to see images of the back of the Mallow plush because of it's insane rarity.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
ah yes i see how it is
mods: “you are not allowed to create new geno thread but when we do it is ok”
Yes, actually.

All character threads are subject to staff approval

Re-posting closed or deleted posts, threads or content. If you have questions about this content, please contact the staff directly.

Overall, a staff member can approve it. It wouldn't have mattered who made the final op, but it had to be hard approved by the staff either way. After the problems with the first thread, it made sense to rewrite the rules and create a new atmosphere. Considering how long it was, that means they had to create a very special set of rules that took a while, since rooting out previous issues is important. Knowing what needs to be enforceable takes time.

So the rules do make this a completely legitimate option. Besides, if you have questions, Help from a Forum Moderator or Help from an Admin are the best option here.

If it makes you feel any better, I actually wrote the rules for the Character Support Thread in the first place(or at least majorly contributed to it... I forget the details. It was years ago). I'm no longer a mod so have no control over them, nor can enforce them, but I hope you can understand why I had them that way. In fact, feel free to PM about it. I'll gladly explain my reasoning. The fact they haven't changed is a pure coincidence. :)

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Yes, actually.

All character threads are subject to staff approval

Re-posting closed or deleted posts, threads or content. If you have questions about this content, please contact the staff directly.

Overall, a staff member can approve it. It wouldn't have mattered who made the final op, but it had to be hard approved by the staff either way. After the problems with the first thread, it made sense to rewrite the rules and create a new atmosphere. Considering how long it was, that means they had to create a very special set of rules that took a while, since rooting out previous issues is important. Knowing what needs to be enforceable takes time.

So the rules do make this a completely legitimate option. Besides, if you have questions, Help from a Forum Moderator or Help from an Admin are the best option here.

If it makes you feel any better, I actually wrote the rules for the Character Support Thread in the first place(or at least majorly contributed to it... I forget the details. It was years ago). I'm no longer a mod so have no control over them, nor can enforce them, but I hope you can understand why I had them that way. In fact, feel free to PM about it. I'll gladly explain my reasoning. The fact they haven't changed is a pure coincidence. :)
....what the hell do YOU know? You're a BAGEL.

I'll wait until a bag of Doritos explains it, thank you very much.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Eh, I dun get the joke. Either way, it'd probably be better to not make jokes that seem hostile right now towards me. I just got major mouth surgery and am in a ton of pain. I can't even put my dentures in... so, the joke fell flat overall.

I wasn't kidding about helping with the rules, though. I didn't cite them because I wrote them, but so people understood them. Besides, it's only fair to note you can ask me why I wrote them anyway. I mean, whether I can enforce them or not has nothing to do with my reasoning.

Also, honestly, due to the timing and the somewhat hostile-like response, it wasn't really hilarious. Even if I did get the joke, I wouldn't find it funny. Just bad timing overall with all the factors overall. It's like making a gun joke to someone who just lost a family member. Not a perfect analogy, but timing needs to be taken into account. I didn't mention the mouth thing till now, so it's understandable nobody would realize that. But with that in mind, please try to respond to be with less hostile-like phrasing. :) And this will be going on for a while too, so... don't expect it to change for over a month.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Eh, I dun get the joke. Either way, it'd probably be better to not make jokes that seem hostile right now towards me. I just got major mouth surgery and am in a ton of pain. I can't even put my dentures in... so, the joke fell flat overall.

I wasn't kidding about helping with the rules, though. I didn't cite them because I wrote them, but so people understood them. Besides, it's only fair to note you can ask me why I wrote them anyway. I mean, whether I can enforce them or not has nothing to do with my reasoning.

Also, honestly, due to the timing and the somewhat hostile-like response, it wasn't really hilarious. Even if I did get the joke, I wouldn't find it funny. Just bad timing overall with all the factors overall. It's like making a gun joke to someone who just lost a family member. Not a perfect analogy, but timing needs to be taken into account. I didn't mention the mouth thing till now, so it's understandable nobody would realize that. But with that in mind, please try to respond to be with less hostile-like phrasing. :) And this will be going on for a while too, so... don't expect it to change for over a month.
I hope your mouth heals and get's to feeling better.

Last edited:
Top Bottom