• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firox

Smash Master
A shame for people who may not want to buy Sephiroth to do so, and I'm not saying this out of spite, but courtesy. A boss rush was something people asked for, and they get this instead. A monkey's paw if I ever saw one.
I have to admit, it really is kinda tasteless to basically lock Boss Rush mode behind a paywall and limit it to one character. Yet another missed opportunity I guess.

Rocketjay8

Smash Journeyman
And there it is. The cherry to top of the **** Sunday that is 2020. Thanks nintendo and square you really show just how much you care. Not even a deluxe or music track. Hes never getting in. We begged and supported for so damn long and we got nothing. This mii costume is nothing. It's clear as ****ing day. We lost.
Ok, I'm sorry, I had to read that in Bubble Basses' voice.

That profile picture is perfect! XD

Snoop_nogg

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to have to make a specific Geno Mii now. The Mii Gunner outfit looks a bit better than last time, too.

I'm just happy to get some recognition. I also thought Isaac, Alucard, and Zero would make great additions, too, and they are probably more popular than most other characters, but they got Assist-Trophied. It's been cool, everyone. Remember to stay positive.

Last edited:

drewber2635

Smash Cadet
Sucks to see Geno back as a costume. Honestly I feel like Sakurai probably tried really hard but SE just wouldn’t budge. And honestly, I do NOT understand that logic at all. Why is SE holding such a tight grip on characters that they will NEVER use. It makes no sense. Either use the characters or at the very least let Nintendo buy them. Such wasted potential.

Piks

Smash Journeyman
I just have to say it again: this is an unbelievable ending after Ridley, Rool and Banjo.
I’ve thought this too, but our luck had to run out at some point. I just hope he’s in next time in like twenty years.

I know modders will finish Geno’s Mii outfit to look official and complete, but I still would die to see a proper moveset made for him - though, isn’t Mii Gunner kinda based on how Sakurai envisioned Geno? Still not as good as a full stage or moveset, though.

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
Sucks to see Geno back as a costume. Honestly I feel like Sakurai probably tried really hard but SE just wouldn’t budge. And honestly, I do NOT understand that logic at all. Why is SE holding such a tight grip on characters that they will NEVER use. It makes no sense. Either use the characters or at the very least let Nintendo buy them. Such wasted potential.
I don’t think square is holding back, I think Nintendo also is.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Well, THERE'S OUR EXPLANATION. THEY'RE ADDING HIM TODAY, BUT YOU ONLY GET HIM BY BEATING THE SUPERBOSS MODE, AND THE COSTUMES/STAGE ARE ALL OUT NEXT WEEK. ****. It ALL lines up.

• 106: Version 10.0 Avaliable
  • 107: Sephiroth Challenger Pack Avaliable
  • 108: Buy Fighter Pass 2
  • 109: The Special Sephiroth Challenge
  • 110: Switch Online Promotion
  • 111-115: The Mii Costumes.
DAMN.
Wow. Please don't feel bad about it because literally no one could have predicted that.

D

Deleted member

I'd put a decent amount of money on the idea that Nintendo's holding the blame on this. I could almost promise that's the case... But I suppose we'll never know the truth.

Forthestarcapelad

Smash Apprentice
It's alright. All we have to do is come up with a trailer concept that will REALLY appeal to Sakurai.
What's that? Sephiroth cleaved right through Galeem? Then we'll have Geno cleave through Goku with a Geno whirl.
We just gotta go higher.

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
How the f is Sora has been saved?
Same way Geno was during Hero's presentation.

Boy would be bummer if Sora was a mii costume later on and definitively deconfirmed too after all this preemptive gloating and toxicity. Would be so awful and bad. Definitely not something I'm hoping for now.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sephiroth gets 9 new songs and a new special mode dedicated to him, yet Geno can't get its head modeled.
Like I said square aren’t greedy. They just stick to one agenda, and that’s promoting a new game. Literally all of their reps have been DLc and to promote an upcoming game. Which is exactly why they didn’t choose Geno. I would bet Sakurai wanted to but because he wasn’t relevant square didn’t care to do much besides authorize the previous costume.

owjies

Smash Journeyman
I've got that last out in the playoffs feeling going right now. Just kinda mellow and reflective. This is a really cool community, full of interesting, tenacious, and talented people. I know that I have a ton of lasting positive memories from my time here and nothing can change that -- The pies, the memes, the fan art, the Geno hats, the milestones, and that Kronk gif that had me cracking up every time it was posted. You guys and gals are seriously awesome. It's been a pleasure!

Wazygoose

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AppleJackSix
GG everyone. It was a good day for all Smash fans except Geno fans. Just a Mii costume, no music no nothing. As much a bone toss as Travis Touchdown, worse even than Sans and Cuphead, who have been much less requested for much shorter a period. It feels near an insult almost, but it's more accurately defined as raw neglect.

It's been fun but the end of this road is sad. Geno is never going to be in Smash. All the hopes and wishes and requests amounted to next to nothing. Makes you wonder what the point was. What a disappointment.

This is it for me, I'll be around for a few more days then move on. I've enjoyed it around here and talking and reading, I hope it's been nice to have me around every now and again. Everyone take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom