• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a huge Geno guy myself I have no attachment to the character and have never played SMRPG... but I do hope at some point in the future he finds himself in Smash as a character. He's like the Charlie Brown of Smash speculation at this point with all these close calls but never getting in lol and I'd love to see the whole speculation story end with a happy ending. Whether that be in Smash 6 or in this pass hopefully Geno will make it.

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Am I mad sephiroth is in smash? of course why did they double dip there is more than 1 ff game square no, I'm mad because someone decided to make the hero pack the only one without a returning costume and string us along for a year and half when all the other pipe dreams got to die peacefully in base or soon after. That's just not cool man I hope whoever made that decision can't sleep well tonight.

For real though I can't have been the only one whose heart skipped a beat when a bunch of mario and squenix characters all showed up to battle galleem. That was easily the closest I've ever felt to whatever being in the geno timeline must be like.

Jurae818

Smash Journeyman
These are my own thoughts and just that, but if Geno is out of the game and the best you can get is a costume, there's likely nothing you can do from here on. You could gun for him to appear in Mario games, but Nintendo's stance on Mario's RPG subseries make that goal next to impossible. There's a good chance the next Smash title won't appear for the rest of the 2020's if not at the dead end of the decade and if you want to wait that long, more power to you. If you ABSOLUTELY insist on waiting for the next game, you're going to have step things up a bit and get really, really loud and obnoxious. If you don't accept the costume, make it known.

If it worked for King K. Rool, what's not to say it can't work for Geno? Settling for less is never a good thing and compromising to me is a sign of defeat. If you still want Geno himself as a fighter, you have to make it known that you want just that, by any means.

Hang in there.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
As the old guard knows: shape up or **** off. Getting BTFO at seemingly the worst possible time is just part of being part of this fanbase. Yes, it sucks but bouncing back is what has come to define the fanbase. Most Brawl fanbases that missed out with Brawl gave up with Brawl. We didn't and that's why Geno still tops popularity polls over a decade later. This fanbase is literally defined by not quitting.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
im not expecting it either but you got to remember when hero was shown the website didn’t update till banjo was shown which was the end

the same thing just happened with sephiroth
Honestly, this seems like wishful thinking to me but I would wish for nothing more then for you all to be right. But honestly, every bit of hope I had in Geno was just crushed and ripped in to tiny pieces tonight. At this point, I feel like we would be lucky to even get his outfit come back.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, many here seem upset, disappointed and sad. I remember that I told people to not get their hopes too high, or they would feel that way. While it seems I told you so, I am not going to pick on you or rub it in your faces, as I don't know the full details of how you all feel, and I would not do it any. This is what happens when you do hype too much for something. Enough of that, though, I was not too happy, though I am excited to play as Sephiroth, though. I know how you are feeling, and I am kinda feeling the same way, despite my excitement for Sephiroth. Please do not get mad at me for bringing up the lower expectations thing. I am not trying to blame you all for that. I don't want to make you feel worse, whether or not I was right, which shouldn't probably matter.

Anyway, I will come by, ocassionally, but I will be moving on to other threads.

See you all around.

Burb

The Absolute Worst
I just don't get it, what in the hell Sephiroth brings to Smash???

What??

Final Fantasy 7 fans? No, they already got ****ing Cloud.

Nintendo isn't getting many players into Smash from adding Sephiroth.

Of course I'm still going to watch the Mii costume round 8, but my hopes are not too high.
And we've already got 3/5 of SMRPG's playable cast, most of which have SMRPG references in their moveset.

wait a second...
we only have three characters left in the pass, BUT the smash website just added a new row with a 4th empty slot
either we are getting more after this pass, or someone messed up when they updated the website
Fighters | Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch System | Official Site
This has happened multiple times before. It's a common site glitch.

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Honestly, this seems like wishful thinking to me but I would wish for nothing more then for you all to be right. But honestly, every bit of hope I had in Geno was just crushed and ripped in to tiny pieces tonight. At this point, I feel like we would be lucky to even get his outfit come back.
ok it updated

and sephiroth is literally right next to could in the banner

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
And we've already got 3/5 of SMRPG's playable cast, most of which have SMRPG references in their moveset.

This has happened multiple times before. It's a common site glitch.

None of them are Square Enix characters.

a random user

Smash Journeyman
does anyone know where on the website it shows the mii costume dlc? i was trying to see if the next wave was added when the website updated, but i cant seem to find the area

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
Hey, remember when I said to HYPE RESPONSIBLY and I got yelled at for being a "doomer"?

Yeah, I think we all learned a valuable lesson tonight

View attachment 294971
There you go again with that high-and-mighty attitude.

People can get hype and be upset or not. That is up to them.

You really do fit in at ResetEra, bunch of people who think they are elitists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom