• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I mean Geno's costume didn't return with Hero like we all thought it would, so let's not panic......yet

Super10ZX

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry everyone.

I know I had nothing to do with this and I'm just in the same boat as everyone here. But... this hurts. I'll take the loss to Sephiroth. But after everything I've gone through with this fan base, and the many other things all of you have probably gone through. This hurts.

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
The worst part is that it's another FFVII rep, I like Sephiroth, but seriously???? Another swordfighter????

And it doesn't seem like Nintendo nor Square Enix have any interest in making Geno a playable character, it's very sad.

3 Square-Enix character in Smash, but not Geno.

2 Square Enix as DLC fighter and not Geno...

Seriously, I have lost hope in Nintendo AND Square Enix, I'm very disappointed and very sad.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
The best we can hope for at this point is an SMRPG remake. If that sells well then maybe Geno in smash someday. But yeah this sucks. I’m gonna likely be more emotionally checked out of smash stuff in general but I’ll be here with everyone else for the Sakurai video to see if the costume will show up.

LapidotShipper4Life

Smash Cadet
I can’t believe this happened! I was hoping Geno would appear and even the trailer was one I was thinking of! When Galeem was appearing and fighting all the fighters including Cloud and Hero, Mario, Banjo and Kazooie, everyone! Then Galeem was split, that was awesome and I thought Geno was inside or helped everyone out! But it was Sephiroth! He’s so cool! Though I’m so confused that everyone was there! Galeem returned! I really want to know what the Mii Costumes are!

Nicnac

Smash Ace
So who was the asshole who decided Geno's costume shouldn't return for Hero and where can I send them a very strongly worded letter?
Definitely the most bizarre part of this to me. If Geno was never planned then why keep his costume MIA for over a year? It should have come with Hero and let us move on.

Honest Slug

Smash Journeyman
On one hand, I definitely understand giving up, but on the other hand, I remember this thread being the exact same when Hero was announced, so maybe we should wait for Sephy's Mii costumes before throwing in the towel.
Hero was guaranteed long before his reveal. Like we knew about him since summer 2018 and people who thought otherwise were always delusional.

This is a much bigger blow since there was never really anything suggesting Sephiroth was likely, it was a wide open playing field.

SeasideKingDumb

Smash Apprentice
If the Mii costumes come in and Mallow isn't in there I hope the person who made Cacomallow reveals themselves I wanna know how they made it cuz it was pretty impressive for the time given the physics

Firox

Smash Master
WOW. JUST WOW. To think that of all people, it would be Sephiroth himself that would kill Geno. I gotta say though....I totally screamed like a giddy school girl. He was literally one of the last three characters in existence that I would have lost my **** for (the first being Geno and the second Isaac). Once again, SE pulls out a complete never-ever out of their butt. Never saw this coming.

Young Link.

Smash Apprentice
On one hand, I definitely understand giving up, but on the other hand, I remember this thread being the exact same when Hero was announced, so maybe we should wait for Sephy's Mii costumes before throwing in the towel.
Hero was a ENIX character, Sephiroth is a SQUARE character, it's over dude... : (

Griselda

Smash Lord
..Now that I think about it - why wasn't Sephiroth in base game? Or in the first pass? Cloud was supposedly so difficult to get back, but now there's a second character from the same game? I feel like just saying 'DLC sales are the difference' doesn't quite explain everything, here.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Eh I was the same way when Hero was revealed. I sincerely doubt Square is gonna double dip for this Pass. I used to be known as Mr. Optimism, but now chances for Geno, imo, dropped from like 90% all the way down to a 1% for me. Now I'm the exact opposite.

yungmornindrive

Smash Cadet
Nice of them to use a third party DLC spot on a character that doesn't appeal to any new (not in smash) fanbase whatsoever.
That’s the part that confuses me in all of this. This was a big 3rd party reveal, but not a sales pusher by any means. But if this was planned for E3 with Steve, the impact would have been more timely with the remake’s release.

The one plus side for Nintendo is that you announced an absolute video game villain icon at an event like this. That’s the only thing that could move the needle for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom