• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Right, I'm up! LET'S DO THIS!
:geno::geno::geno::geno::geno::geno::geno:

View attachment 287675
View attachment 287676
the heck is this?
GODDAMMIT, WHAT DID I TELL YOU GUYS ABOUT NOT GIVING THESE 4CHAN POSTS YOUR TIME?!
Anyways, no idea what this could be, but it's makin' me hungry.

Also Hi I’ve been chilling out on this thread for years but never made an account and probably won’t use this one again lmao
Just really anxious and needed to contribute
Welcome to the thread, guy! Even if you're not planning on sticking around long after, Geno hat for you anyways:
Hat time.png

Last edited:

CopperKoopa

Smash Journeyman
I finally listened to the Gamexplain video and they talked Geno but kind of quickly brushed it over like "It's likely, but yeah, we have other characters we want," which is kind of different than the usual where they actually talk about how he's a likely possibility. Also, Rogersbase skipped over him in his discussions when he usually always goes deep into why Geno is likely. "Insiders" on Twitter are silent, Resetera is talking about him but not in a super "this is going to happen ohmygod" way like they did Banjo. papagenos papagenos is the only one who speculated Geno, and that's par for the course with papa :p

I'm starting to wonder if 1 of 2 things is going on:

1) they all know he's in, so why bother

2) they know he's not in, so they gave up hyping

Of course, option 3...

3) I'm overthinking this

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I finally listened to the Gamexplain video and they talked Geno but kind of quickly brushed it over like "It's likely, but yeah, we have other characters we want," which is kind of different than the usual where they actually talk about how he's a likely possibility. Also, Rogersbase skipped over him in his discussions when he usually always goes deep into why Geno is likely. "Insiders" on Twitter are silent, Resetera is talking about him but not in a super "this is going to happen ohmygod" way like they did Banjo. papagenos papagenos is the only one who speculated Geno, and that's par for the course with papa :p

Of course, option 3...

3) I'm overthinking this
I imagine every channel/community figure has probably discussed Geno to such great lengths at this point that they simply don't have anything new to add to the conversation. He's been such a hot topic in speculation for so long now that it's really just a wait and see scenario, everything that could be said about him has already been said, and I imagine everyone has already made their minds up about which side of the fence they're on, so there's not much reason to go in-depth about him anymore. If he's in, then the moment will pretty much speak for itself.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Good Luck guys on perhaps the final day of waiting for Geno, hope everything turns out well no matter the outcome!

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location

Of course, option 3...

3) I'm overthinking this
I feel like if André knew for a fact that Geno wasn't getting in he just wouldn't have said anything about him.

Last edited:

Malo Mart

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1387-2642-0613
I HAVE RISEN FROM BEYOND THE SMASHBOARDS GRAVE.

Heyo everyone! Today's word is: prayers. We sing our last prayers to our peers. The detractors cry their prayers against us. And our long standing prayers are to be granted at last. It's the moment we've waited for years, our last hurrah, the absolute homestretch. Our prayers have reached the Star Road, and it shall giveth back. To put it simply:

OUR PRAYERS HAVE BEEN HEARD

Geno_Say_Your_Prayers.png

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Let's take this moment to appreciate how far we've come. How we've made this character who has only made one major appearance in the late 90s into a real contender for the Smash roster. So much so, there are legions of us anticipating his reveal this morning. That in itself is an accomplishment, and means that even if this character isn't Geno, there's still four chances left.

Last edited:

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
So I know we’re only an hour and a half away and the Japanese tweets have been translated to give more definitive proof to the idea of only getting FP7.

But am I the only one who finds it super interesting that Nintendo didn’t tweet out the “we will be showing only one character today” tweet like they did when they announced the Sakurai Presents for Byleth and Min Min.

Nintendo knows the fan base is rabid over the character reveal, and if someone can pull up the announcement tweets for all 3 + the two disclaimers (I’m at work on my phone), I’m pretty sure Nintendo said something along the lines of “tune in to find out who the new character is” and then tweeted out a “note: only one character will be revealed in this presentation” notice both times.

They didn’t do that here (unless I missed the tweet), which I find really curious especially given the length of the trailer

UberPyro64

Smash Ace
Let's take this moment to appreciate how far we've come. How we've made this character who has only made one major appearance in the late 90s into a real contender for the Smash roster. That in itself is an accomplishment, and means that even if this character isn't Geno, there's still four chances left.
Idk if we should consider that an accomplishment. For all we know the Japanese execs are laughing at what they see is an absurd desire for such an obscure character. Well, that's the worst-case scenario anyway.

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Good day lads. On this morning, we solemnly pray to The Higher Authority to cast its blessings upon this mortal coil with delivering us from all suffering. May it put an end to our turmoil by sending its Chosen One (Geno) to enlighten the World of men and guide us to a prosperous future. May the secrets bestowed by the star messenger be used for good so that the generations that may come after continue on with a prosperous legacy. In the name of the Mother, the Luma, and the Great Power Star, Let's-a-go. :starman: :geno:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
So I know we’re only an hour and a half away and the Japanese tweets have been translated to give more definitive proof to the idea of only getting FP7.

But am I the only one who finds it super interesting that Nintendo didn’t tweet out the “we will be showing only one character today” tweet like they did when they announced the Sakurai Presents for Byleth and Min Min.

Nintendo knows the fan base is rabid over the character reveal, and if someone can pull up the announcement tweets for all 3 + the two disclaimers (I’m at work on my phone), I’m pretty sure Nintendo said something along the lines of “tune in to find out who the new character is” and then tweeted out a “note: only one character will be revealed in this presentation” notice both times.

They didn’t do that here (unless I missed the tweet), which I find really curious especially given the length of the trailer
I remember Terry and Min Min's presentations being given the "No info on upcoming fighters" disclaimer tweet. Beyond Smash, there's that infamous Nintendo Treehouse livestream where Nintendo tweeted beforehand that a game developed by WayForward would be announced, then they clarified that it would be a third-party game... which turned out to be Bakugan.

RedMachine123

Smash Apprentice

Yeah, if I remember correctly, didn't Nintendo tweet a message like "Only the ARMS character will be showcased in this presentation" in the previous Sakurai Presents announcement?

Maybe the trailer is 3 minutes long because is a double reveal trailer, which it would make sense since FP7 and FP8 were supposed to be revealed together at the E3.

Anyways, I hope that Geno gets revealed today!

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Yeah, if I remember correctly, didn't Nintendo tweet a message like "Only the ARMS character will be showcased in this presentation" in the previous Sakurai Presents announcement?

Maybe the trailer is 3 minutes long because is a double reveal trailer, which it would make sense since FP7 and FP8 were supposed to be revealed together at the E3.

Anyways, I hope that Geno gets revealed today!
Something else to keep in mind, how Sakurai said there was just a "Challenger Approaching trailer" rather than addressing the character itself.

I'm probably reading too much into this, and I'm not actually expecting a dual reveal, but something I thought was worth pointing out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom