• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
I personally think the reason this presentation is three minutes is because some of that time will be spent with Sakurai talking about the character and franchise. I don't think this is a three minute trailer since Nintendo did state Sakurai will make an appearance in some sort of way. I'm personally betting on a minute and a half trailer and then Sakurai doing his usual gushing about whoever the character is and the game this character comes from.

MisterMike

Smash Champion

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
I personally think the reason this presentation is three minutes is because some of that time will be spent with Sakurai talking about the character and franchise. I don't think this is a three minute trailer since Nintendo did state Sakurai will make an appearance in some sort of way. I'm personally betting on a minute and a half trailer and then Sakurai doing his usual gushing about whoever the character is and the game this character comes from.
Well, the tweet states that the presentation is roughly 3 minutes, followed by a brief message from Sakurai, indicating that the 3 minutes is for the trailer.

QQS

Smash Lord
I think chances are #7 (Geno) + maybe #8 (Crash or Doom) or SMRPG remake or sequel.

The 35-45 min explanation comes later, before the Download date.

D

Deleted member

I guess since we're posting old palette concepts, I'll throw mine into the pile.
View attachment 287447

I saw someone mention that this tweet, in combination with Kamiya retweeting it, could be a hint towards Viewtiful Joe.

Oh.
OH!

I can't ing believe people want Sakurai in Smash before The Lorax, this is bull!
... also, why is The Lorax trending?
In regards to Kamiya retweets, I saw a retweet to a user replying Smash Bros JP on the announcement with a picture of Amaterasu. He retweets a bunch of posts on various of his characters so the retweeting may not mean much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Y'all are killing me...

-3 minute trailers almost always have multiple characters, even if they're ALTS. Palutena has been the only exception to this and that was because her trailer introduced the whole concept of custom moves.

-Every dual reveal trailer except Ken and Inceniroar has been characters from the same franchise.

-This is literally the day after the 35th Mario anniversary month AND the launch date of Mario 35.

-The Hero releases on Friday, Cloud is being rereleased a second time for Ultimate.

-The Smash Mario Amiibo rereleases in this last wave were Mario, Luigi, and Daisy.

-A Square Enix sale ends at the end of today.

-There was supposed to be a Mario Smash tournament in early September but postponed for """""""""""""""""unknown""""""""""""""""" reasons.

Honestly, I'm pretty zen right now. As much fun as it is to see people get worked up, to quote Saint Gorilla in the Sky, "there's no need to get upset." The stage is set, the lights are dimmed... Just take this time to find your seats and reflect. 22 hours to go...
Idk I wouldn't say I was getting worked up. I just feel that it's pretty apparent that alts and entirely separate characters are different beasts entirely. Yeah you could argue that alt skins take up a portion of the trailer but if we are discussing completely different characters then it's kinda different. Alt skins still share the same core fundamentals as do echo fighters but entirely different characters have completely different kits and way more depending on the semantics

I just saw people discussing the idea of 2 characters but feasibly speaking 2 characters is pretty unlikely imo. If you mean alts then I could definitely see that but if you were only using alts as an example then I'd have to disagree.

I really appreciate all the stuff you do btw. I wanted to stress this because every time I read my own replies and such, I can see that I may come across as a bit douchey (although that may partially be due to the vanilla smashboards font) and such but you have done a lot and hopefully it gets rewarded tomorrow. Tbh I'd love to have optimism like you and others do but being a pessimist is probably why I disagree with some of your stuff. I should try to be more optimistic I suppose. I definitely agree on Geno being likely though.

Sidenote, are you still thinking Geno tomorrow presumably

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Well, the tweet states that the presentation is roughly 3 minutes, followed by a brief message from Sakurai, indicating that the 3 minutes is for the trailer.
That's true, but I think if it was like that, I feel like Nintendo would have said outright that the three minutes is just for the trailer. Knowing Nintendo, they probably meant the three minutes is for both the trailer and Sakurai message.

Personally though, I don't really care how long this is. Just as long as I get my star boi or Bandicoot boi. :geno:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Take this however you want but HGV posted another one of those blurt images. Anyone’s guess to what it is. She’s 100% sure it’s related to the next character.
Looks like a sprite. Not that I believe her, but Geno appeared as a sprite in his debut game, so,,,

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
It's weird that, assuming this isn't a double reveal (which the wording seems to imply it's not), the trailer is gonna be three minutes long, when you'd only need half that length to reveal one character. The wording also implies that Sakurai's segment isn't a part of that three minutes.

... now watch as the trailer is just like the ones for Joker and Byleth, where it's clear that it was meant to be part of a bigger presentation like a Direct or The Game Awards and fool you into thinking it's not Smash-related at first.

Shrinking it might help View attachment 287471
Looks like a gray tower of some sort
... interesting. Anyone know what that is and what it's from?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
In regards to Kamiya retweets, I saw a retweet to a user replying Smash Bros JP on the announcement with a picture of Amaterasu. He retweets a bunch of posts on various of his characters so the retweeting may not mean much.
Yeah he retweets a lot of fans wondering about Viewtiful Joe etc. in Smash from what I can see. Maybe he just wants them too, since he also wondered about a character of his getting in while Pass 1 was still going iirc (probably Viewtiful Joe I’m not 100% sure), asking Sakurai on twitter.

Last edited:

TTF

Smash Journeyman

YsDisciple

Smash Lord
Real talk now. For how long the Fighters Pass Vol. 2 has been a thing, and the fact it's only been riding with Min Min (CP 6), this next character HAS to be a "Pass Seller". Sure; many might have bought the entire pass ever since it was made available, but many others surely are still waiting on whether if this pass will be worth it.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
The fact that Geno is trending despite some tweets just being negativity is EXACTLY why he's so likely.

Like it or not, ya can't forget him. He'll always be relevant to Smash, to the point where he can rival Kingdom Hearts and Crash Bandicoot for the limelight.

Only way to get rid of 'em is to let him in :)

Last edited:

Cuzeba123

Smash Apprentice
Take this however you want but HGV posted another one of those blurt images. Anyone’s guess to what it is. She’s 100% sure it’s related to the next character.
It kind of looks like chibi robo for me but I don't know. I can see why you guys think it's Bowser's Keep though

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Y'all are killing me...

-3 minute trailers almost always have multiple characters, even if they're ALTS. Palutena has been the only exception to this and that was because her trailer introduced the whole concept of custom moves.

-Every dual reveal trailer except Ken and Inceniroar has been characters from the same franchise.

-This is literally the day after the 35th Mario anniversary month AND the launch date of Mario 35.

-The Hero releases on Friday, Cloud is being rereleased a second time for Ultimate.

-The Smash Mario Amiibo rereleases in this last wave were Mario, Luigi, and Daisy.

-A Square Enix sale ends at the end of today.

-There was supposed to be a Mario Smash tournament in early September but postponed for """""""""""""""""unknown""""""""""""""""" reasons.

Honestly, I'm pretty zen right now. As much fun as it is to see people get worked up, to quote Saint Gorilla in the Sky, "there's no need to get upset." The stage is set, the lights are dimmed... Just take this time to find your seats and reflect. 22 hours to go...
I mean, even if it's not Geno, the odds are extremely high for a double reveal or at least a character with cool ALTS tomorrow so it should be a great day either way, even if Murphy's Law kicks in an it's not The Day™. Plus, it's the end of one of the longest character reveal droughts in Smash history do that's groovy as well. Fun stuff.
Geno will be in Fighters Pass Vol. 2, I have no doubt about that. However, at the risk of this post aging like expired milk on a hot summer day, I don't see a double reveal happening. Sure, past precedent has been set, as you pointed out. But the announcement specifically said "A New Fighter", so I'm skeptical if two characters will be revealed. Yes, Dark Pit was technically revealed kidna in Palutena's trailer without being officially revealed yet, but those were Nintendo characters so I'm unsure if they'd reveal Geno and then, say, Master Chief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom