• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
ALL THE SMASH TUBERS HAVE SAID HE'S COMING!

RESETERA CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM!

4CHAN KNEELS BEFORE US!

TWITTER CAN'T DENY HIM ANYMORE!

EVEN THE NEWCOMER THREAD JUST WANTS HIM IN TO MOVE ON!

ALL THAT STANDS BEFORE US IS GAMEFAQS, AND SOON THEY WILL FALL!

he will defeat GameFAQs.png

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
ALL THE SMASH TUBERS HAVE SAID HE'S COMING!

RESETERA CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT HIM!

4CHAN KNEELS BEFORE US!

TWITTER CAN'T DENY HIM ANYMORE!

EVEN THE NEWCOMER THREAD JUST WANTS HIM IN TO MOVE ON!

ALL THAT STANDS BEFORE US IS GAMEFAQS, AND SOON THEY WILL FALL!

View attachment 287416
This is literally the greatest Geno post I've ever seen.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
If I'm being totally honest, part of my excitement for Geno these days revolves around crushing that last bit of denial so many people hold onto these days.

After all of the absolutely insane additions Ultimate has made and years of Sakurai talking about Geno, and with Min Min, the fact that people still say he'll never happen...

Well I'll just say that now I know how :ultbanjokazooie: 's hardcore supporters felt, like geez.

"LC"_Lapen

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 6950 2675 8190
Welp, looks like I'm sneaking into the breakroom at work tomorrow morning for at least a couple minutes. Here's hoping we get our boy finally after all this time. At the very least, if it's not him, then please a character I can be hyped for.

Also, Geno's trending yet again, snapshotted for posterity:

Geno trending yet again.jpg

D

Deleted member

Wonder Red?
He did say based on the date and it’s 10/1, Billy Joe Armstrong is the lead singer... 10/1 which is 101. Wonderful 101 perhaps after all this time... it could be him all along... Some brought up it could be Viewtiful Joe...

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What was it? 7/11 ads don't mean anything and are reprinted for nothing? Pokemon and Smash can't have news on the same week despite me sharing precedents of it? Yeah… naysayers can suck my nuts once again lol
Only if you pay for the ticket to Venezuela. If I'm traveling cross continent specifically to gargle balls upon arrival, I better be flying first class.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
Hmm. Green Day.. I remember when they performed at the VGAs last year. Were there any specific characters in the background of their live performance besides Crash, Sonic, and I think I saw Tony Hawk lol. NOW THAT WOULD BE A STRETCH Mr. Khan.

Mr. Peepee

Smash Journeyman
I have an idea: What if it's a Pokemon and we have to guess which one it is like Arms. That could explain why it's three minutes. Then Sakurai could share the date for the Sakurai Presents where we'll find out.

ActualGarbage

Smash Ace
Hmm. Green Day.. I remember when they performed at the VGAs last year. Were there any specific characters in the background of their live performance besides Crash, Sonic, and I think I saw Tony Hawk lol. NOW THAT WOULD BE A STRETCH Mr. Khan.
I hate that I can't tell if you guys don't get that it's a joke in reference to the Green Day song or not.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
I have an idea: What if it's a Pokemon and we have to guess which one it is like Arms. That could explain why it's three minutes. Then Sakurai could share the date for the Sakurai Presents where we'll find out.
Nah, they're making it very clear they're going to show off who it is tomorrow.

We will need to wait for the full Sakurai Presents before the character is released in all likelihood, but Sakurai's bit tomorrow will probably just be letting us know to tune in for it.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
He did say based on the date and it’s 10/1, Billy Joe Armstrong is the lead singer... 10/1 which is 101. Wonderful 101 perhaps after all this time... it could be him all along... Some brought up it could be Viewtiful Joe...
In regards to Imran's tweet, Green Day does have a song titled "Wake Me up When September Ends".
It seems like a Joke to the whole "Wake me up, when September ends". The 10/1 = 101 just seems to perfect IF it were Wonder Red.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Ill be happy with anyone as long as they're a character I like or look fun. But with how the first pass had THREE characters that fit neither criteria for me, I'm always going to be a little cautious.

Hint: those three had one thing in common. It's a four letter acronym that I have mentioned before. Yay.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
They explicitly said theyre showing off the new fighter man. It's the reveal trailer.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Y'all are killing me...

-3 minute trailers almost always have multiple characters, even if they're ALTS. Palutena has been the only exception to this and that was because her trailer introduced the whole concept of custom moves.

-Every dual reveal trailer except Ken and Inceniroar has been characters from the same franchise.

-This is literally the day after the 35th Mario anniversary month AND the launch date of Mario 35.

-The Hero releases on Friday, Cloud is being rereleased a second time for Ultimate.

-The Smash Mario Amiibo rereleases in this last wave were Mario, Luigi, and Daisy.

-A Square Enix sale ends at the end of today.

-There was supposed to be a Mario Smash tournament in early September but postponed for """""""""""""""""unknown""""""""""""""""" reasons.

Honestly, I'm pretty zen right now. As much fun as it is to see people get worked up, to quote Saint Gorilla in the Sky, "there's no need to get upset." The stage is set, the lights are dimmed... Just take this time to find your seats and reflect. 22 hours to go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom