• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Also, another important thing to note... Whenever Nintendo says "roughly", it always means more than rather than less so this trailer will be longer than 3 minutes. Byleth so far has had the longest trailer with it being close to 4 minutes, with the second half literally treating female Byleth like a totally different character. They basically did this with Hero too, treating ALTS in the same way as whole seperate characters.

D

Deleted member

Also, another important thing to note... Whenever Nintendo says "roughly", it always means more than rather than less so this trailer will be longer than 3 minutes. Byleth so far has had the longest trailer with it being close to 4 minutes, with the second half literally treating female Byleth like a totally different character. They basically did this with Hero too, treating ALTS in the same way as whole seperate characters.
There's no one that can fill that role for Geno, so this kind of stuff makes it seem like you think it isn't him.

[sweating intensifies]

MattOnwheels

Smash Ace
Fatman................IS IT HIM????

MattX20

Smash Hero
Fatman, you're not implying that FP7 couldn't be Geno, are you?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So, the Newcomer Discussion thread is saying it might be Viewtiful Joe, Dante or Travis. All because of actions from that Imran guy. What do you all think of this?

Firox

Smash Master
Well, dear friends, here's something to consider. Here are all the multi character reveals that have happened so far:

-Charizard and Greninja

-Da Miis

-Technically Palutena (Dark Pit was low key revealed in it)

-Robin and Lucina

-Simon and Richter

-Ken and Inceniroar

Note that when there's multiple reveals the characters are either from the same franchise or thematically line up with one another.

That said, Geno and Master Chief make for a nice little "shoot 'em up" cross-over....

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Remember guys.

If it's not him tomorrow, we still have so much time left. Waiting will suck, it will, but we're not out yet.

That being said, ALSO remember things have never looked so good for Geno. So don't give up hope either. Just hold out a bit longer.

mynameisBlade

Smash Lord
So, the Newcomer Discussion thread is saying it might be Viewtiful Joe, Dante or Travis. All because of actions from that Imran guy. What do you all think of this?
Well if so, I hope its Travis. Way too many people think it's Dante and I just don't see it... I like Dante and all, but I must be the only one who thinks he is overrated at this point. He always gets to be in crossovers. It wouldn't be that special IMO. Travis would be a real shocker.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Okay, random thought: What if the brief message after this reveal ties-in to this character in some way? More to the point, if Geno is revealed, perhaps the brief message will be the announcement for Super Mario RPG coming to NSO? Fatmanonice Fatmanonice papagenos papagenos

I have a really strong feeling this next character is going to really anger the community. Not sure why, I just hope it doesn't happen though.
I'm not surprised if you or anyone feels that way, honestly, especially since Byleth was revealed this way as well. As the saying goes: "Once bitten, twice shy.".

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
When it comes to a double reveal something worth keeping in mind is that we have never had a trailer for two characters for DLC. Idk if it's likely that we get a double reveal that is for two fully unique DLC characters with at least one having some mechanic they would want to focus on, of course the cool references and if third parties are involved it would be more complicated. 3 minutes is way too short tbh so this probably isn't a double reveal. And whenever Nintendo say stuff like approximately it always indicates less like the Pokemon presentation from either this year or last which they said was supposed to be 7 mins but was actually 6 which indicates this is probably not even going to overlap into the 3 min area

Last edited:

Firox

Smash Master
Honestly? I could see Dante or Travis as a possibility, however, I haven't seen anything to suggest Viewtiful Joe is on the table. That said, now that you mention it, Viewtiful Joe would be an incredibly nice fit to the Smash bros format. Still, the timing of NH3 makes me think that if Travis is coming, it won't be until closer to his game's release.

EntropyAtrophy

Smash Journeyman
Fatman, you're not implying that FP7 couldn't be Geno, are you?
This presentation is going to be a trailer and brief intro and/or outro from Sakurai, I wouldn't take it to mean he thinks Geno is unlikely.

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Last edited:

QQS

Smash Lord
I can’t stop dreaming with inner peace with this MUSIC on the background when Geno gets his first gameplay seconds, just like for example when Banjo started the gameplay throwing eggs after the CGI cut.

It will be so cathartic.

7AA2C655-0469-4E68-B880-6D580EC4D91A.jpeg

Last edited:

Naigumi

Smash Cadet
I am not going to lie to you guys:

I am extremely scared.
The weird feeling of being hyped but scared of what it's going to be revealed...
I'm extremely happy we are finally getting some news but i'm super worried at the same time lol

Viewtiful Joe i believe is because Kamiya is retweeting tons of tweets of people wanting him in Smash.
I don't know about Travis, honestly. Seems possible but Suda "no comment" could be just it and we're reading too much into it
Dante... i love Dante but somehow i can see him being announced at something like the Game Awards.
And like people said, Imran mentioned Geno before. If i recall correctly, we had Jeff Grubb making a Geno tweet one day before the first Partner Showcase

I know he said he was "joking" buuuut honestly we can't really tell.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Imran said this

I’m not sure what to make of this. Possibly not a hint just a regular joke? If it is, I’m not seeing any Geno vibes here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Reactions: QQS

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Byleth was revealed on my birthday

And now this fighter is going to be revealed the day after I pass all my tests and am off to college this Spring.

Life is funny that way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom