• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattX20

Smash Hero
I mean games to look forward to =/= games sold. There’s no way Odyssey, Smash, Mario Kart, Zelda, and Animal Crossing AREN’T sellin well. It’s just a shame we hardcore fans who’ve had these games for a while now have nothing to look forward to.
I'm glad that we got Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition, but yeah, there's been a real quiet spell.

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
I mean games to look forward to =/= games sold. There’s no way Odyssey, Smash, Mario Kart, Zelda, and Animal Crossing AREN’T sellin well. It’s just a shame we hardcore fans who’ve had these games for a while now have nothing to look forward to.
I made the mistake and just got around to playing Odyssey for the first time over the weekend. It's a great game and there's so many collectibles! I'm probably going to be occupied until the next Direct, even if it's in September, haha.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I'm honestly confused why some people are suggesting CP7 will get revealed in September now. If this rumored August Direct is coming, then I think its a damn good chance we could get the reveal of CP7 their
Because September is suppose to be when the next Amiibo wave comes out and a fighter usually comes out within the same week.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Now, if there is a direct mini, don't be surprised if they pull a midnight reveal like they did last time.

D

Deleted member

This is just a hunch, but I feel like we just gotta be patient for some more time. If we stay patient at the times it's hardest to be, I'm sure it will pay off later (I mean this for both Geno and Nintendo news).

Don't give up guys.

MattX20

Smash Hero
This is just a hunch, but I feel like we just gotta be patient for some more time. If we stay patient at the times it's hardest to be, I'm sure it will pay off later (I mean this for both Geno and Nintendo news).

Don't give up guys.
I'm confident we'll get something in the near future

Vector Victor

Smash Lord

Don't give up guys.
Nintendo's fanbase's
Calls for a Direct
Were absorbed
By the Darkness.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

Don't give up guys.
I don't have a problem with waiting for Nintendo news... as long as we have a confirmed date to look forward to. I do have a problem with waiting blindly for Nintendo news to just show up out of the blue, hoping against hope each day that if it isn't today, maybe it'll be tomorrow, only for tomorrow to not be it, and the cycle repeats again.

Even though we currently have a date to look forward to (August 3rd), it still feels like we've been waiting blindly for the past month, and we might still be doing it if August 3rd isn't it.

Enigma735

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-0889-8796-1569
Because September is suppose to be when the next Amiibo wave comes out and a fighter usually comes out within the same week.
Yeah I've heard. What I mean is that people have been making posts in here talking about how they might actually be waiting until September to find out who CP7 is, and I am confused at the sudden pessimism. I guess I'm just very optimistic, but I still think we could get the reveal of CP7 in about a week if we are going to be getting a Direct on August 3.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh no, sorry, that's not what I mean. What I was trying to say it's that we shouldn't trust this guy until he gets more things right. It's not bad to bring these things up.
Sorry? Yeah, don't worry. I already forgave you!

I am into waiting for more leaks to be proven right by this guy myself before trusting them.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Giga leak? Forgive me, but what is that?
A bunch of stuff relating to old Nintendo games has been leaked these past few weeks (such as Luigi's intended model in Super Mario 64, a "Super Donkey" prototype game that would become Yoshi's Island, and some unused sprites for Star Fox characters).

I've no idea if the leaks will include anything Switch-related or Smash-related. Maybe the Fighters Pass 2 characters might get leaked this way, though I'm not holding my breath since so far it's been limited to just older stuff. If anything, I think we're more likely to find stuff like a 3D model that was intended to be Geno in Brawl.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Giga leak? Forgive me, but what is that?
So a hacker hacked into Nintendo's servers and stole a bunch of stuff such as source codes, beta content, and such from the SNES, N64 eras ect. They dropped the leak on 4chan and that is why we saw the Luigi model, all this Zelda 64 beta stuff and ect in the past few days.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
A bunch of stuff relating to old Nintendo games has been leaked these past few weeks (such as Luigi's intended model in Super Mario 64, a "Super Donkey" prototype game that would become Yoshi's Island, and some unused sprites for Star Fox characters).

I've no idea if the leaks will include anything Switch-related or Smash-related. Maybe the Fighters Pass 2 characters might get leaked this way, though I'm not holding my breath since so far it's been limited to just older stuff. If anything, I think we're more likely to find stuff like a 3D model that was intended to be Geno in Brawl.
Oh yeah, that! I remember that leak, even if it is not from long ago. What does this have to do with Smash, though?

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
R RetrogamerMax was speculating whether or not the "Giga Leak" will end up revealing the entirety of Fighters Pass 2.

Again, I personally have my doubts on that, since the leak has mainly been focused on older stuff.
Yeah, I don't see any Switch stuff being in this leak but boi if Switch is in there than buckle your seatbelts boi and gurls!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, I don't see any Switch stuff being in this leak but boi if Switch is in there than buckle your seatbelts boi and gurls!
Anyone up for the prototype games like Donkey Kong 4, maybe finished, being released on Nintendo Switch Online? I know it would be very unlikely, but it'd be cool!

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Hey Bros I finished the Geno Animatic finally in full color and sound editing! Only thing left to do is make the thumbnail for it tonight. Its a video where I go over my past 13 years speculating for geno (Kind of like storytime narration but not done by my voice narrating) So considering it takes place across the past 3 smash titles, I am open to any suggestions for the thumbnail design. All in all, I will have it fully uploaded tonight or tomorrow.

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
"Nintendo doesn't pick the characters because Min Min was requested by a guy who works at Nintendo!"

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Anyone up for the prototype games like Donkey Kong 4, maybe finished, being released on Nintendo Switch Online? I know it would be very unlikely, but it'd be cool!
I think that would be sweet as unlikely as that is. I would love to see Earthbound 64 get finished and release on the N64 Mini like how they put the unreleased Star Fox 2 on the SNES Mini.

D

Deleted member

"Nintendo doesn't pick the characters because Min Min was requested by a guy who works at Nintendo!"
Well, chances are, Sakurai might be talking about the executives at Nintendo like key people such as, Furukawa and Miyamoto. Yabuki is just a developer. For all we know, the executives just requested Sakurai to pick a fighter from ARMS. Sakurai may have talked to the developers and Yabuki requests him to add Min Min. Since Springman is the mascot, he’s the best character to market ARMS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think that would be sweet as unlikely as that is. I would love to see Earthbound 64 get finished and release on the N64 Mini like how they put the unreleased Star Fox 2 on the SNES Mini.
Well, one was... finished. It's no different from Mother 1's translation on the Wii U. My guess is they likely won't try to refinish it, especially as Itoi considers the series "finished". Though if we're lucky, we could see it rebuilt.

That'd be cool.

Speaking of, I want to see Super Mario RPG 2 actually finished up as it was meant to be. Or at least I'd love to play the beta/alpha at some point.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
With Nintendo choosing the DLC, it makes me worried on who else would be added to the game. I swear, Geno is my last hope for a one more great character for this game. I really want Dixie Kong, Porky, and Shantae too but I don't see them being as likely.

Well, one was... finished. It's no different from Mother 1's translation on the Wii U. My guess is they likely won't try to refinish it, especially as Itoi considers the series "finished". Though if we're lucky, we could see it rebuilt.

That'd be cool.

Speaking of, I want to see Super Mario RPG 2 actually finished up as it was meant to be. Or at least I'd love to play the beta/alpha at some point.
Well to be frank, Star Fox 2 is pretty much a beta version of Star Fox 64 as Earthbound 64 is a beta version of Mother 3 on the GBA.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well to be frank, Star Fox 2 is pretty much a beta version of Star Fox 64 as Earthbound 64 is a beta version of Mother 3 on the GBA.
It probably helps that Star Fox 2 was pretty far along, and probably wasn't too hard to remake using Star Fox SNES to further development.

Earthbound 64 is a lotttttttt different from Mother 3, being on an all new system to program for. It's unknown if they got super far either.

Though fair enough, as we don't know too much. I'd still be wary of Itoi being a bigger issue.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
It probably helps that Star Fox 2 was pretty far along, and probably wasn't too hard to remake using Star Fox SNES to further development.

Earthbound 64 is a lotttttttt different from Mother 3, being on an all new system to program for. It's unknown if they got super far either.

Though fair enough, as we don't know too much. I'd still be wary of Itoi being a bigger issue.
According to Miyamoto it was 70% completed, Iwata said it was like 50% completed I think and Itoi said it was 30% completed. I would take Itoi's word on it. Here is the link to the interview where they mention this: https://yomuka.wordpress.com/2013/08/18/earthbound-64-cancellation-interview-itoi-miyamoto-iwata/

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wasn't EarthBound 64 going to be a Disk Drive game? An Nintendo 64DD game, in other words?

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
[...] or even Rhythm Heaven
1596157446962.png

All I can think about is how incredible it would have been for Nintendo to respond to the hype around the Grinch Leak by adding the rest of them to Fighter Pass 2. You could even keep Min Min—Geno, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, and Shadow as 7 through 11.

Darn shame.

JoscarGamma

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 280590
All I can think about is how incredible it would have been for Nintendo to respond to the hype around the Grinch Leak by adding the rest of them to Fighter Pass 2. You could even keep Min Min—Geno, Isaac, Chorus Kids, Mach Rider, and Shadow as 7 through 11.

Darn shame.
Perfection. I swear we are living in the alternate timeline

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
View attachment 280590

Darn shame.
This would be amazing Pass if the remaining Grinch leak characters were in it. I would be happy and excited for Geno, Isaac, and Shadow fans and I would get my most wanted Retro character Mach Rider.

MattX20

Smash Hero
View attachment 280590

Darn shame.
This would be amazing Pass if the remaining Grinch leak characters were in it. I would be happy and excited for Geno, Isaac, and Shadow fans and I would get my most wanted Retro character Mach Rider.
Even if we don't get all of the Grinch leak characters, at least a few will still happen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom