• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
Heres a fun little idea, what if all of Season 2 are spirit/mii fighter upgrades only? Who would you think or like to see? Here are mine.

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon girl
6. Paper Mario
Well , my list is going to be similar :

1. Geno (love the Mario RPGs to death , rather worried about their future and want them to get some spotlight , and Geno just has a slight edge over PM and Fawful for me.)

2. Zant (I want Midna more , but in the context of that exercise , she can't work , so bring me that chaotic villain.)

3. Rayman (I am a Rayman fan ever since I played Rayman 3 since I was like 6 , went to play all mainline games , (Learn English with Rayman can wait lol) and I'm really hoping for a new console game. Also , his lack of limbs and acrobatic attributes and combat fatiques would be pretty unique)

4. Shantae (My pick for Indie would usually be Hat Kid , Sash Lilac , or Zizou Olympia (or even Shovel Knight) but they're not spirits , so I take the genie. Fully played HGH and PC , still have to finish Risky Revenge and GB. But with all her genie transformation , her hair whip , all the pirate tools , and the magic she has , she would be very unique.

5. Saki Amamiya (I absolutely loved Sin and Punishment , and this game made me realize how much I miss rail shooters. On top of the pretty unique take on post-apocalyptic japan , all the lore , and just how pleasing Saki and Airan are to play. A gunner/slasher with mutation attacks is pretty unique.)

6. Ninten (I still have yet to finish Earthbound beginnings , but... yeah , it's an old RPG , but it had a lot of charm to me. It was my first old school RPG , and the whole world of this game is just facinating to me , and I really love Ninten's panel of weapons and moves. Plus , he has a little canary. So yeah , Ninten would allow to see more earthbound weapons and PSI powers to shine.)

... Looking back at my list , I know some people that would call me a boomer , due to how old the characters I want are lol.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know I've said it before, but if we don't get that Direct before April I'm taking a break from this site. I know the Coronavirus has been effecting all of us and our daily lives, but I'm taking a break from here if we don't get any news by than.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Well , my list is going to be similar :

1. Geno (love the Mario RPGs to death , rather worried about their future and want them to get some spotlight , and Geno just has a slight edge over PM and Fawful for me.)

2. Zant (I want Midna more , but in the context of that exercise , she can't work , so bring me that chaotic villain.)

3. Rayman (I am a Rayman fan ever since I played Rayman 3 since I was like 6 , went to play all mainline games , (Learn English with Rayman can wait lol) and I'm really hoping for a new console game. Also , his lack of limbs and acrobatic attributes and combat fatiques would be pretty unique)

4. Shantae (My pick for Indie would usually be Hat Kid , Sash Lilac , or Zizou Olympia (or even Shovel Knight) but they're not spirits , so I take the genie. Fully played HGH and PC , still have to finish Risky Revenge and GB. But with all her genie transformation , her hair whip , all the pirate tools , and the magic she has , she would be very unique.

5. Saki Amamiya (I absolutely loved Sin and Punishment , and this game made me realize how much I miss rail shooters. On top of the pretty unique take on post-apocalyptic japan , all the lore , and just how pleasing Saki and Airan are to play. A gunner/slasher with mutation attacks is pretty unique.)

6. Ninten (I still have yet to finish Earthbound beginnings , but... yeah , it's an old RPG , but it had a lot of charm to me. It was my first old school RPG , and the whole world of this game is just facinating to me , and I really love Ninten's panel of weapons and moves. Plus , he has a little canary. So yeah , Ninten would allow to see more earthbound weapons and PSI powers to shine.)

... Looking back at my list , I know some people that would call me a boomer , due to how old the characters I want are lol.
That is a really nice list. Yeah for my exersise I wanted to just look at spirits and mii costumes, but I would say Midna would be amazing. Her and wolf link would be some pretty unique gameplay, and honestly her or Impa are the most logical new zelda characters.

BTW love your sig there, make it yourself? I need a flash sig like that.

I know I've said it before, but if we don't get that Direct before April I'm taking a break from this site. I know the Coronavirus has been effecting all of us and our daily lives, but I'm taking a break from here if we don't get any news by than.
I think right now its all but garunteed we are getting a nindies next week and general direct after that

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Rodrigo is a Manger of Product Marketing at Nintendo.
Why is this important? Well, if Nintendo knew about demand, he'll be a guy that would absolutely KNOW about if they're listening.
Being Manager of Product Marketing isn't something to sneeze at, but anyways, but on the point.

He addresses Nintendo is widely aware about the fan-demand of Waluigi and Geno.
And if you look at the date when this happened, it was November 2018.
Right when the characters in FPV1 was being finalized and production already started.
No its not really important... Why? Because he doesn¨t work in a high position in Nintendo of Japan, he works over at Nintendo of America. The only one that would have some form of influence of what Nintendo of Japan would greenlight is Doug Bowser (or Reggie at that time), but it is not even them have something to say in comparison to the big guys over in Japan.

It is sort of like the whole Sora thing. Just because Disney of Japan is okay with them using Sora would Nintendo approach them for him, does not mean that the CEO over in the states where their headquarters where the big guy is. Could they get in? Sure (although I can¨t see Waluigi joining what so ever with reasons stated earlier that is not about this whole "upgraded or not thing" but that¨s a different story) But it won¨t be because of him. That interview is just pure PR talk

Last edited:

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
No its not really important... Why? Because he doesn¨t work in a high position in Nintendo of Japan, he works over at Nintendo of America. The only one that would have some form of influence of what Nintendo of Japan would greenlight is Doug Bowser (or Reggie at that time), but it is not even them have something to say in comparison to the big guys over in Japan.

It is sort of like the whole Sora thing. Just because Disney of Japan is okay with them using Sora would Nintendo approach them for him, does not mean that the CEO over in the states where their headquarters where the big guy is. Could they get in? Sure (although I can¨t see Waluigi joining what so ever with reasons stated earlier that is not about this whole "upgraded or not thing" but that¨s a different story) But it won¨t be because of him. That interview is just pure PR talk
Not really the message I was trying to get across.
Tho I completely understand, this guy does not have a high enough role to influence the character choices.

But, he is a marketing manager, and he would be aware if Nintendo was hearing the demand for Waluigi and Geno I'm pretty sure.
This is why it's important, if they said Nintendo was aware back in 2018, it could mean they are finally going to act on it.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I don't want to start a whole debate with you Icewolff92 Icewolff92 but you are kind like the new Wynn of the Geno thread since he is gone. Half of your topics on this thread are downplaying someone else's opinion on something whether it be about Geno, said character, or something else. I'm not saying you trash talk about anybody or anything, but you sometimes have to always come in to say "It's unlikely" despite how credible or not someone's evidence is.

Loliko YnT

Smash Ace
NNID
karilthewizard
3DS FC
0447-8484-5229
That is a really nice list. Yeah for my exersise I wanted to just look at spirits and mii costumes, but I would say Midna would be amazing. Her and wolf link would be some pretty unique gameplay, and honestly her or Impa are the most logical new zelda characters.

BTW love your sig there, make it yourself? I need a flash sig like that.
I'm glad to see so much love for Midna , hehe. I was super late to the Twilight Princess hype train , so a friend helped me with learning midna's history with Smash. Pretty surprising how people wanted her for Brawl just from the reveal trailer of TP.

Well , for my signature , I simply used this template , and cropped it a bit.

nwhj0gcy8yb41.png

Last edited:

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I don't want to start a whole debate with you Icewolff92 Icewolff92 but you are kind like the new Wynn of the Geno thread since he is gone. Half of your topics on this thread are downplaying someone else's opinion on something whether it be about Geno, said character, or something else. I'm not saying you trash talk about anybody or anything, but you sometimes have to always come in to say "It's unlikely" despite how credible or not someone's evidence is.
I'm not trying to downplay his opinion. Just debate & discuss it. And I don't think it is anything wrong with "have you thought of this" type of comments if you know what i mean. Even though I admitt that maybe I could word them better. Also... when have I "downplayed" a character. Especially Geno? Sure, I¨more doubtful then others about Waluigi getting involved, but I¨m not "against" him if that what you believe. Unless we speak about 4th party character, I¨m not against a single one. I have a preference, yes, but I¨m not against the likes of Reimu, Crash, Dante or what have you even if I don¨t have any personal attachment to them.

if Nintendo was hearing the demand for Waluigi and Geno I'm pretty sure.
This is why it's important, if they said Nintendo was aware back in 2018, it could mean they are finally going to act on it.
What they hear and what they decided to go with are two different things though. That what I was trying to say.

Last edited:

Lagguino

Smash Apprentice
On a cloud with some kid to defeat the Red Ribbon
Heres a fun little idea, what if all of Season 2 are spirit/mii fighter upgrades only? Who would you think or like to see? Here are mine.

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon girl
6. Paper Mario

Late to the party but my ideal mii costume/spirit upgrade would be

1.Geno (obviously)
2.Shantae
3.Rayman
4.Protoman
5.Issac
6.Bomberman

HM: Tails or Shadow.

zferolie

Smash Hero
I'm glad to see so much love for Midna , hehe. I was super late to the Twilight Princess hype train , so a friend helped me with learning midna's history with Smash. Pretty surprising how people wanted her for Brawl just from the reveal trailer of TP.

Well , for my signature , I simply used this template , and cropped it a bit.

She was just such an excellent partner, easily the best in the series.

Ah thanks. I dont have photoshop so i need to use paint lol

Paraspikey

Smash Journeyman
I’m always down for more Geno news but question: where do they actually reference Geno and Waluigi in the article? It almost seems like the writer used specific character mentions and applied them to JC’s broad statement of “We hear you”.

Or are we just insinuating that the Geno and the Waluigi fan bases are the loudest, so by default Nintendo knows about us?

just trying to get clarity!
I believe the context was about fan-demanded characters and they asked about Geno and Waluigi specifically, as said in the information above the response.

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Nah, Icewolff does have some valid points from time to time and this could totally be nothing that huge as they say. There's someone else here who thankfully posts infrequently but is by far worse who gets on my nerves with every post, constantly downplaying Geno's chances and having nonsensical points to where I don't even think they're a supporter, but rather the opposite.

What they hear and what they decided to go with are two different things though. That what I was trying to say.
Of course, but acknowledging the fan demand is quite huge and just adds to his chances. Geno's chances were already very high without it, and acknowledging they're aware of the demand for Geno [and Waluigi] (BEFORE E3 2019 to boot, let alone the game launching!) is significant, especially when this isn't from some no name person. Let's also not forget the original article that I personally remember seeing, which was Reggie, the PRESIDENT (at the time) OF NoA, saying Sakurai (and I'm sure that extends to NoJ too) will be aware of Waluigi's fan demand back in June (after E3 2018). This was 5 months prior to the post Paraspikey was referring to, but I can't help but feel they're still linked even with Geno. Was there a surge in Geno fan demand in November but not in June? I doubt that this marketing manager would be aware of both in November but only Waluigi in June, given Geno's long standing history with Smash since Brawl.

That said, the Waluigi article was posted after he was shown at E3 as an AT (deconfirming him from the base roster), and the Waluigi+Geno one was also after the 11/1 direct showing Geno as an icon for your profile (and the final roster being finished before DLC, making Geno obviously not playable in base), so idk. Take it for what you will, but I don't see this as anything but neutral-to-positive for Geno's (and Waluigi's) chances.

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
So I've been thinking about it and I think this is the potential indie Miis we could get

Hollow Knight (Became highly popular in Japan, one of those few indies like Undertale and Cuphead to get highlighted specifically by Nintendo in a Direct with high praise sung about it)

Cadence (Unlike Rocket League, it was a surprise to see Crypt of the Necrodancer get Nintnedo crossover content. But not cosmetics in a game expansion, but a whole new title. Nintendo never gives that sort of free reign of their properties, let alone Zelda, to an indie company)

MAYBE Ori (the supposed Ori content could just be a spirit, like Lotus)

Freddy Fazbear (Look, if memelord ideas like Sans could happen, Freddy is almost inevitable. It's not like it has no reason either. FNaF does have an audience in Japan, just look at Frantic_Ishii_JP for example, and the games had enough console demand for Switch releases to happen.)

Jacket (Devolver Digital have always had a strong presence with indie showcases from Nintendo, and I think Hotline Miami is one of those indies like Cuphead that Sakurai would gush over, espeically with its parallels to his buddy Suda51's works.)

MAYBE Steve (depends on if Chief happens, or if Doomguy happens first which would lessen Chief's shot. Also depends on if Nintendo would consider Minecraft an indie anymore.)

Blankiturayman

Smash Journeyman
Heres a fun little idea, what if all of Season 2 are spirit/mii fighter upgrades only? Who would you think or like to see?
Pretty late reply, but I might as well:
1. Geno (of course; great rep for the Mario RPGs, being from the very first one, encapsulating their difference from the main series)
2. Rayman (loved his games from a young age, still wish he could've gotten in back in 4, but I'll take what I can get)
3. Matthew/Felix (It'd be great if GS could get a character, and with Isaac not being possible by this, I think these would fit in his stead)
4. X (what? another Mega Man? yeah! I think he could have a lot of differences from MM.)
5. Vaati (my personal pick for a new Zelda character, if not him, I would've said Midna)
6. Dark Matter (closest thing to a main villain Kirby has, and I also think he could be pretty cool)

That aside, I hope we do get to see Fighter 6 in March; at least a little teaser. The release for the physical FP2 in Japan has me more hopeful that we'd at the very least get to see the first one around or before the time it releases. (Personally, hoping it starts with Geno. But if not, that's alright-- 5 more slots, after all)

axel_

Smash Journeyman
MAYBE Steve (depends on if Chief happens, or if Doomguy happens first which would lessen Chief's shot. Also depends on if Nintendo would consider Minecraft an indie anymore.)
And by the way, regarding Steve, if Doomguy happens first and Chief is less likely then I am 100% expecting Steve to be a Fighter near the end of the Pass

OffBi

Smash Ace
Freddy Fazbear (Look, if memelord ideas like Sans could happen, Freddy is almost inevitable. It's not like it has no reason either. FNaF does have an audience in Japan, just look at Frantic_Ishii_JP for example, and the games had enough console demand for Switch releases to happen.)
Hell yeah, i remember that dude when i was on fnaf reddit.
Such a nice guy!

Polarthief

Smash Lord
And by the way, regarding Steve, if Doomguy happens first and Chief is less likely then I am 100% expecting Steve to be a Fighter near the end of the Pass
I'm gonna get some flak for saying this, but ultimately to people unaware of the actual differences between DG and MC, they're kinda similar. Like, extremely similar; practically the same character similar on the outside. Both shooty-shooty gun guys with helmets obscuring their faces and wearing armor. I know they're in no way in direct competition company-wise, but they share the same genre and a very similar design. As a result, I would definitely agree that both are *not* coming, and Steve's chances increase with DG getting in, or spike down to near-zero if MC gets in instead.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101
Wynn was just all doom and gloom, with all his "**** Nintendo, they obviously hate us" crap. Icewolff92 Icewolff92 is just a skeptic. And his points are usually pretty well thought out, not just "lol spirits deconfirm" like Wynn.

Firox

Smash Master
Man, I’ve seen quite a number of Geno detractors today. Saying he’ll never make it and he’s too irrelevant and a one off side character and all that. But hey, if Geno gets in, maybe some will understand? Someone may make a video on why Geno deserves his inclusion. Geno may not be the most prominent among Mario characters but there’s no deny that he and Mario RPG are like some sort of lost relic in Nintendo’s history. The game was the first RPG in the franchise and also the first Mario game with 3D graphics. And the earliest games if not first with characters having full personality, an actual story, and humor. Smash Bros is a game that is basically a history book not only Nintendo but many consider Smash Ultimate gaming history. If you want a roster that celebrates history, you might as well add in some obscure characters. Having the mentality that only recent, relevant, and popular characters should be allowed, kinda contradicts that and kinda feels less offering with choices. New reps like Joker, old reps like Banjo, and legacy reps like Hero would be the perfect balance. Just my two cents.
Don't worry. Once Geno gets in, 80% of those crying about his irrelevance will be preaching from the mountain tops about how obvious and well-deserved his inclusion was. Such is the hilarious irony of human hypocrisy and internet anonymity.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Even if we discard that interview with Rodrigo, we still have a lot going in Geno's favor

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Don't worry. Once Geno gets in, 80% of those crying about his irrelevance will be preaching from the mountain tops about how obvious and well-deserved his inclusion was. Such is the hilarious irony of human hypocrisy and internet anonymity.
"Me, wrong? Lol no, that was someone else posting on my account. I can never be wrong, ever."

Even if we discard that interview with Rodrigo, we still have a lot going in Geno's favor
For sure, just like the other pieces of circumstantial evidence on my compilation post. Individually, most of them mean nothing. But when mixed together, especially things like the 2 song copyright takedowns + The takedowns were by Nintendo who do not in any way own the rights + Similar takedowns happened for BK and Undertale + 2 songs per SE character + Geno's costume still missing, it all comes together into "oh this is actually really likely". Whether the interview existed or not doesn't matter, but it is another positive point to add to the pile.

Hell even unconfirmed leaks like CacoMallow and Mii Costume leaker are just additional points that could totally be discarded, or even debunked today, and his chances would still be through the roof. There comes a time when it can't just be a coincidence, and I truly do feel like that's what's happening for Geno right now.

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna get some flak for saying this, but ultimately to people unaware of the actual differences between DG and MC, they're kinda similar. Like, extremely similar; practically the same character similar on the outside. Both shooty-shooty gun guys with helmets obscuring their faces and wearing armor. I know they're in no way in direct competition company-wise, but they share the same genre and a very similar design. As a result, I would definitely agree that both are *not* coming, and Steve's chances increase with DG getting in, or spike down to near-zero if MC gets in instead.
I think there's a lot more that separates Doomguy and Master Chief than the visual similarities. Doom and Halo aesthetically distinct from each other (except 2016, the Praetor Suit could've been in Halo 5 and nobody would've batted an eye) in both weapons, armor designs, music, and their world setting.

But yeah I agree, Doomguy and Master Chief both have an effect on what happens to Steve.

Sigran101

Smash Master
NNID
Sigran101

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon girl
6. Paper Mario
1. Geno- obviously

2. Ray MKIII- my all time most wanted, though it's a pipe dream at this point.

3. Isaac- Not a personal fan of Golden Sun. Didn't really like the first one. But I'd still love to see a long dead huge fan request make it, and he'd have a really interesting moveset.

4. Rayman- It's honestly weird to me that he isn't playable. He's had a presence since smash 4 and is on a lot of Nintendo systems. I thought he was a no brainier after MegaMan and PacMan.

5. Rundas- Let me dream. I know it's not going to happen, but Prime 3 is my favorite Metroid game and Rundas is just the coolest ****ing thing. Pun intended.

6. Shantae- Her games are amazing and I'd love to see a true shape shifting fighter. Imo the best potential indie fighter.

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Trolling/bait
Wynn's not gone, he just went to the general speculation thread where we talk about characters that actually have a chance we talk about Saber from Fate and then complain about FE.

skydogc

Smash Ace
NNID
Skydog
1. Geno- obviously

2. Ray MKIII- my all time most wanted, though it's a pipe dream at this point.

3. Isaac- Not a personal fan of Golden Sun. Didn't really like the first one. But I'd still love to see a long dead huge fan request make it, and he'd have a really interesting moveset.

4. Rayman- It's honestly weird to me that he isn't playable. He's had a presence since smash 4 and is on a lot of Nintendo systems. I thought he was a no brainier after MegaMan and PacMan.

5. Rundas- Let me dream. I know it's not going to happen, but Prime 3 is my favorite Metroid game and Rundas is just the coolest ****ing thing. Pun intended.

6. Shantae- Her games are amazing and I'd love to see a true shape shifting fighter. Imo the best potential indie fighter.
We really need more Golden Sun and Custom Robo games in addition to the Mario RPGs.
Hopefully all 3 will be revived on the Switch in the near future. I'm not holding my breath, but a dude can dream.

Polarthief

Smash Lord
I think there's a lot more that separates Doomguy and Master Chief than the visual similarities. Doom and Halo aesthetically distinct from each other (except 2016, the Praetor Suit could've been in Halo 5 and nobody would've batted an eye) in both weapons, armor designs, music, and their world setting.

But yeah I agree, Doomguy and Master Chief both have an effect on what happens to Steve.
For sure, but I was purely talking about the similarities that people who are unfamiliar with Doom or Halo would see. They would see a gun guy with armor and a helmet that covers the face. Yes, there's more beyond that, but the designs are still fairly similar to the commonfolk, and that does matter to an extent. Beyond that, they're leagues different, but down to their core, I feel like that would be why you won't see both of them in FP2.

D

Deleted member

1. Shantae
2. Geno
3. Rex and Pyra
4. Rayman
5. Ribbon girl
6. Paper Mario
1. Geno
2. Rex
3. Rayman
4. Dixie
5. Akira
6. Mach Rider

Last edited by a moderator:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
Wynn's not gone, he just went to the general speculation thread where we talk about characters that actually have a chance we talk about Saber from Fate and then complain about FE.
The interesting thing is no one actually asked and you coming in here just to **** on the character the thread is about is actually pretty toxic.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
Nah, Icewolff does have some valid points from time to time and this could totally be nothing that huge as they say. There's someone else here who thankfully posts infrequently but is by far worse who gets on my nerves with every post, constantly downplaying Geno's chances and having nonsensical points to where I don't even think they're a supporter, but rather the opposite.

Of course, but acknowledging the fan demand is quite huge and just adds to his chances. Geno's chances were already very high without it, and acknowledging they're aware of the demand for Geno [and Waluigi] (BEFORE E3 2019 to boot, let alone the game launching!) is significant, especially when this isn't from some no name person. Let's also not forget the original article that I personally remember seeing, which was Reggie, the PRESIDENT (at the time) OF NoA, saying Sakurai (and I'm sure that extends to NoJ too) will be aware of Waluigi's fan demand back in June (after E3 2018). This was 5 months prior to the post Paraspikey was referring to, but I can't help but feel they're still linked even with Geno. Was there a surge in Geno fan demand in November but not in June? I doubt that this marketing manager would be aware of both in November but only Waluigi in June, given Geno's long standing history with Smash since Brawl.

That said, the Waluigi article was posted after he was shown at E3 as an AT (deconfirming him from the base roster), and the Waluigi+Geno one was also after the 11/1 direct showing Geno as an icon for your profile (and the final roster being finished before DLC, making Geno obviously not playable in base), so idk. Take it for what you will, but I don't see this as anything but neutral-to-positive for Geno's (and Waluigi's) chances.
First off, thank you. Second of all.. I think people overestimate Waluigi's chances is because of this.
Yes, they notice that he is popular. But they got knowledge that so are Isaac, Skull Kid, or heck Sakurai's statement about Rex&Pyra. They could literally put every spirit in a box, and more than likely pull out a fan favorite.

So let¨s look at the former 5? 4 of them were popular third parties, with companies that they have been supporters of the Switch. The first 4 could easily be seen as "I scratch your back, you scratch my back" type of scenario (I mean it was Microsoft that kicked off the conversation for Minecraft on Switch which helped kick off the talk of Banjo for Smash) The fifth was marketing material for their own game for reasons mentioned 4256245626 already.

What does Waluigi carry? Fan-favorite yes, but nothing else (unless they are hiding a Wario Land game where he is one of the main playable characters)

Dante - Fan favorite + strengthen the relationship with Capcom
Geno - Fan favorite + strengthen the relationship with Square Enix
Loyd/Yuri - Fan favorite + strengthen the relationship with Bandai
Doomguy - fan-favorite + strengthen the relationship with Bethesda
Rayman - fan-favorite + strengthen the relationship with Ubisoft
And if we end the pass with a "marketing" choice, let say Isaac as a fan favorite but also push for a revival of Golden Sun

This was just from the top of my head, but do you see what I mean? There way more fan favorites that would benefit them over Waluigi in one way or another. Yes, there was an outcry for Waluigi after E3, but Nintendo heard a massive outcry when everyone else got de-confirmed in the infamous Grinch killer too. If I¨m wrong, then awesome for Waluigi fans, but it is because of this that I can¨t for the life of me see why Nintendo has Sakurai upgrade him instead of adding someone that fits the extra criteria. Geno on the other hand (like I mentioned above) does fit one of the extra criteria

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The interesting thing is no one actually asked and you coming in here just to **** on the character the thread is about is actually pretty toxic.
If you feel like someone's trolling, report the post rather than responding. (though in this case, the post has already been reported and warned, so there's no need to)

Last edited:

Polarthief

Smash Lord
Second of all.. I think you overestimate Waluigis chances is because of this.
I'm absolutely not. Waluigi doesn't have a compilation of evidence in his favor while Geno does. Worse off, he's an assist trophy instead of a missing Mii costume and a jpeg. Waluigi's chances are quite low, but this raises them from "very low" to "quite low". Geno on the other hand was already very high, and this pushes it to "very high". It's simply huge that they acknowledged names but not necessarily huge for their chances (even though Geno's was already huge to begin with given the evidence).

Overall, I give Waluigi around a 20% chance (maybe not even that) and Geno a 95% chance with the 5% being Square cucking him. There's no way this is Nintendo's fault if he doesn't make it.

Icewolff92

Smash Champion
I'm absolutely not. Waluigi doesn't have a compilation of evidence in his favor while Geno does. Worse off, he's an assist trophy instead of a missing Mii costume and a jpeg. Waluigi's chances are quite low, but this raises them from "very low" to "quite low". Geno on the other hand was already very high, and this pushes it to "very high". It's simply huge that they acknowledged names but not necessarily huge for their chances (even though Geno's was already huge to begin with given the evidence).
But did you see what I mean by why I can¨t see Waluigi happening? (I personally on the low of 3%)
And I agree that Geno's chances are great. I¨m on a personal 50/50 when it comes to his chances though, but that¨s just because I live with the mindset "never take victory in advance" if you know what I mean.

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
Geno - I don’t need to explain why at this point lol

Ryu Hayabusa - Tecmo rep | I have a huge nostalgia for this character in the original nes trilogy and the modern trilogy. I bought an original Xbox back in the day simply because I loved Ninja Gaiden that much! I hope he would have both his original blue costume and the black modern costume. He has both hand to hand combat from DOA, ninpo and some flashy sword and other weapon tools. Besides Bill from Contra, Hayabusa would honestly complete my NES character wishlist. I forgot to mention... the music for the original nes trilogy is so gooooooodd!!!!

Rayman - Ubisoft rep... you know I really love loyalty and Ubisoft is one loyal company even in the dark days of the Wii U. Besides that, Rayman already has all the moveset for smash, he really fits in.

Waluigi - he would be such a cool troll fighter with sports/party move sets. There is such a high fan demand for him too. He would complete the doppelgänger Mario roster. Mario/ Wario & Luigi/ Waluigi. I think he would honesty be fun to have in smash. I hope he has Mario Strikers taunt lol

https://youtu.be/L3XnKr0lvDw

Dante - Capcom rep | I’ve been playing DMC3 recently and I love his fighting style in this game. Similar to MvC3. it would be nice to have him alongside Bayo.

KOS-MOS - “namco” rep | I honestly don’t have a deep attachment to this character. But I think her design is cool and she would fit in very well as a female rep in smash. She’s a living weapon, I’m sure they can do a lot with her move set.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom