• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Oh no please don't make fun of us now that we've shilled the deuteragonist from a 24 year old Super Nintendo RPG into Smash oh nooooooo!

Just spam "hoes mad" like everyone else. Who cares?
I....wasn't making fun of Geno or the fans. And I don't like hoes mad or that crap. I support him and the fans.

Wow, it's easy for people to turn on others, I guess.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
I’m fully aware of the crapstorm they’ve kicked off with the direct but if they can get someone else to share it for them then there isn’t really a clear cut reason as to why they haven’t revealed it themselves
There’s a very clear cut reason, that’s what I’m saying: They’re in the middle of a ****storm right now. Big difference between posting this kind of stuff on your own Twitter and telling it to someone who’s gonna post it on Smashboards because who the **** even uses Smashboards

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So uh, Fatman was right, it seems that spirits are indeed getting pushed.
View attachment 262084
View attachment 262085
Go figure.
Imagine if one of those franchises that were planned to have more Spirits earlier was SMRPG and Geno was the mysterious character Sakurai originally intended to be FP5 before Nintendo demanded it to be a Three Houses rep aka Byleth and possibly move the original FP5 character/Geno to Season Pass 2. I know the Geno and Mallow Spirits in the game are under the Mario franchise, but what if they move those Spirits under SMRPG when Geno get's release since we now know they can edit and rework the Spirits? We can dream right?

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
Funny you say that because he didn't even know who I was when I reached out to him:

View attachment 262154
I'm just saying, nay, guaranteeing that Geno bias will be the first stone flung at you or any one of us who choose to treat mandy as legitimate. Disregarding that, however, I'm all for giving them a chance for their info to pan out. I'm just... Looking forward to the easy dismissal of any proof presented.

xpnc

Smash Lord
NNID
RexTurbocool
Switch FC
SW-4209-5138-9019
I....wasn't making fun of Geno or the fans. And I don't like hoes mad or that crap. I support him and the fans.

Wow, it's easy for people to turn on others, I guess.
I think you completely misunderstood my post

Why do you care what people think about Geno if he's the last character. It literally does not matter because he'd be in the game

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
I know some of you will openly groan when I say this but I decided to reach out to Mandycan yesterday and we actually had a really good talk. They didn't want everything we talked about shared but they gave me permission to talk about the things most relevant to this thread. I reached out to him because I saw people were treating him like crap and trying to cancel him and I was like:

View attachment 262143

So, that established, I first and foremost wanted to see if he was alright because people suck. We got to talking and then we got down to business (to defeat the Huns). Yes, he had been told the 12th and I also found out through my own network that Zippo and Markomaro were too and I saw the conversations and screenshots to prove it. That said, everyone was bamboozled so nobody should be an asshole about that. Like I said, Direct dates are super hard to nail to begin with so a Nintendo insider getting this wrong is like the smallest of Ls they could take.

From there, I asked the question that was on everyone's minds: was Byleth a lucky guess or was he outright told Byleth? To my surprise, he was outright told Byleth in October and provided proof that this conversation happened. What happened next was even more fascinating and why I'm making this post. He then shared with me that his contact told him three characters in October. You all know the first two: Byleth and Crash but he was actually told a third character before Crash but didn't make this public. This character was Geno.

Obviously, this peaked my interest and I asked the circumstances surrounding this. He said he was told Geno after Byleth but his contact came back to him a couple of days later, gave him Crash, and then told him "don't expect Geno anytime soon." This is why Mandycan is predicting Crash for 6, because his contact said Geno was happening but much later. Again, this makes sense because this all went down in October which, painfully enough, was already four months ago. So, once again, we have yet another insider who I didn't have a connection to until yesterday who has a contact that has also heard Geno. Groovy.

So, another thing that's interesting is that this contact was able to cut through the crap to name Byleth as 5. This contact, however, did not tell Mandycan that Crash was 6, just that he was coming. Crash being 6 is Mandycan's personal prediction based on the timing of the info. This is particularly interesting because we once again have yet another insider that has no firm answer on who 6 actually is. Whoever 6 is, Nintendo is going above and beyond to keep them secret, even more so than Byleth. Once again, in my personal opinion, this suggests to me that Nintendo wants 6 to be a big surprise and wants their reveal to have as big of an impact as possible. Fun stuff. So, in short, Mandycan has a legit source and a surprising amount of his intel lines up with mine so I'm happy that he's now in my network too.
Fatman you're such a kind and great person. You're a true friend among us.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
An E3 reveal would be awesome. How cool would it be if they announced Geno for smash and then Square Enix announced a true sequel to SMRPG. They have that Nintendo Switch division they made after Octopath was such a hit. I've been hoping they'd finally make the sequel they almost made before Nintendo and Squares feud.

D

Deleted member

so its gotten to the point where people are now harassing nintendo on any tweets they do about a direct so much that they have to delete it. They had to delete that pokemon dungeon tweet because of the backlash not over PMD, but over the stupid direct. I can safely say this stupid direct is bringing out the asshole in everyone
Ok, I'm not sure what you're trying to accomplish by this, but I'm pretty sure your goal isn't righteous, because it reads as "look at you entitled GAMERS harassing a multi-billion dollar company! Is there no end to your childishness?!"

The tweet is still up, it is available here:
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1227705329053523969

The original tweet was deleted, but not because of dank "where's the direct" memes being thrown at an account run by someone whose entire job it is to ignore every comment on their tweets. They originally posted 3/15 as the cutoff date for double Gold points, realized their error, and corrected it to 3/5. It is the year 2020 and Twitter still won't let you edit your posts.

I know some of you will openly groan when I say this but I decided to reach out to Mandycan yesterday and we actually had a really good talk. They didn't want everything we talked about shared but they gave me permission to talk about the things most relevant to this thread. I reached out to him because I saw people were treating him like crap and trying to cancel him and I was like:

View attachment 262143

So, that established, I first and foremost wanted to see if he was alright because people suck. We got to talking and then we got down to business (to defeat the Huns). Yes, he had been told the 12th and I also found out through my own network that Zippo and Markomaro were too and I saw the conversations and screenshots to prove it. That said, everyone was bamboozled so nobody should be an asshole about that. Like I said, Direct dates are super hard to nail to begin with so a Nintendo insider getting this wrong is like the smallest of Ls they could take.

From there, I asked the question that was on everyone's minds: was Byleth a lucky guess or was he outright told Byleth? To my surprise, he was outright told Byleth in October and provided proof that this conversation happened. What happened next was even more fascinating and why I'm making this post. He then shared with me that his contact told him three characters in October. You all know the first two: Byleth and Crash but he was actually told a third character before Crash but didn't make this public. This character was Geno.

Obviously, this peaked my interest and I asked the circumstances surrounding this. He said he was told Geno after Byleth but his contact came back to him a couple of days later, gave him Crash, and then told him "don't expect Geno anytime soon." This is why Mandycan is predicting Crash for 6, because his contact said Geno was happening but much later. Again, this makes sense because this all went down in October which, painfully enough, was already four months ago. So, once again, we have yet another insider who I didn't have a connection to until yesterday who has a contact that has also heard Geno. Groovy.

So, another thing that's interesting is that this contact was able to cut through the crap to name Byleth as 5. This contact, however, did not tell Mandycan that Crash was 6, just that he was coming. Crash being 6 is Mandycan's personal prediction based on the timing of the info. This is particularly interesting because we once again have yet another insider that has no firm answer on who 6 actually is. Whoever 6 is, Nintendo is going above and beyond to keep them secret, even more so than Byleth. Once again, in my personal opinion, this suggests to me that Nintendo wants 6 to be a big surprise and wants their reveal to have as big of an impact as possible. Fun stuff. So, in short, Mandycan has a legit source and a surprising amount of his intel lines up with mine so I'm happy that he's now in my network too.
Alright, here it goes. I love you, man. You're definitely a boon to this community and to Smash speculation as a whole, virtually a caveman cryogenically frozen from the Brawl days and thawed out in a harsh time where life and death hinge on the inclusion of a character and being right on the internet is people's livelihood. I wanted to say that so that when I say everything else it doesn't look like I mistrust your judgment or think less of you.

But come on. Unless Mandy showed you some kind of top secret intel that only a true "guy with a source" would know, why believe him? I mean, you approached him, and I don't think it's an exaggeration that you saying "hey" is tantamount to you saying "Hi, I'm the CEO of Geno for Smash, Inc, and I wanted to ask you a few questions." And I know you posted this:

Funny you say that because he didn't even know who I was when I reached out to him:

View attachment 262154
But it took him two hours to respond to you. Sure, people have lives, but even if he had no idea who you were, a literal 2 second google search of "fatmanonice" brings up a dictionary of your online escapades. I know you're running on trust and the honor system and all that stuff that stopped existing around 10 years ago, but did he provide you with something, something that I don't need to see, mind you, that is definitive? Because it's not hard to fake something, you know? For instance, here's the time from nearly two weeks ago that Mr. Sakurai contacted me on Twitter and gave me access to the Smash Ultimate GitHub so I can add Geno to the game and in exchange for my pro bono work, he's buffing Lucas for me:
sakurai.png

And considering that I made this on a whim in two minutes, just to prove this point, believe that someone can produce a similar "receipt" very quickly. To me, it's just super unbelievable that a guy who went entirely unnoticed since his first tweet in October just pops into existence as soon as Byleth is revealed, gets his very next prediction wrong, and then, upon being approached by the CEO of Geno for Smash, Inc, tells him that he heard Geno. This is the plot of a mystery novel one would write for children.

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
What's great is that Frisk can be either or when it comes to their character. I was thinking of a meter for Frisk that decides if they go full pacifist or full genocide which then gives them new moves based on what they decided to charge. Frisk has a lot of potential.
Agreed. The movesets I've seen for Frisk are so varied, unique, and creative. Frisk was the first character I created a moveset for myself because they were so bursting with potential and would be so different from other fighters. Geno is still certainly my most wanted but I would be so excited to see Frisk playable. I don't think it's likely as Indies seem doomed to Mii costumes and spirits, but man it would be so cool.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I doubt Geno's last. Geno's been heard by insiders since August 2018. Nintendo's been sitting on that egg a long time which is why I've been arguing since August last year that Geno's all but guaranteed to be one of the first characters in Season 2 if he's in.

*Verrix*

Smash Apprentice
If imagine yall would be happy that he is in thr game no matter where he is. Thats more then I can say about my characters that are never happening
Well yeah I'm pushing for Geno til the end and all I really care about is if he makes it in but since everyone here's been speculating since Smash Ultimates first trailer and with so many "leaks" I'd just hope to not have to wait til the end of 2021 for confirmation. The ups and downs get exhausting since almost every fake leak likes to include Geno it seems.

D

Deleted member

Before you start ****ing SNAPPING AT ME, I was saying Im sure you guys would be happy no matter where he is, you asshole. Im trying to be as nice to you all as possable and you see to be the only one that ****ing rails into me and takes everything I gucking say wrong
... Did you read what I posted? This is about your comment that Nintendo deleted the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon tweet. It had nothing to do with how you feel about Geno.

Well yeah I'm pushing for Geno til the end and all I really care about is if he makes it in but since everyone here's been speculating since Smash Ultimates first trailer and with so many "leaks" I'd just hope to not have to wait til the end of 2021 for confirmation. The ups and downs get exhausting since almost every fake leak likes to include Geno it seems.
Not to mention that none of us are getting younger and most of us are pushing/have already broken 30. I want to play Geno before I end up with arthritis and can't enjoy the damn game.

Herocin

Smash Journeyman
There’s a very clear cut reason, that’s what I’m saying: They’re in the middle of a ****storm right now. Big difference between posting this kind of stuff on your own Twitter and telling it to someone who’s gonna post it on Smashboards because who the **** even uses Smashboards
But it’s still gonna be tracked back to mandycan. People will catch wind of it then they’ll flood their twitter instead of holding off the info which would have been the sensible thing to do as then they’d get no major hate whatsoever. Or they could have posted it on discord which is something they fully could have done if they decided to let a third party do it via a small site like Smashboards.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
... Did you read what I posted? This is about your comment that Nintendo deleted the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon tweet. It had nothing to do with how you feel about Geno.
Arg sorry. Im so used to getting piled on for things I say in here and yeah, it was about the people asking for a direct because I asked the dude that saw it get deleted and again, Im not calling a single person entitled Im calling the harrasers buttheads. Are you one of the harrasers? No? then dont worry about it

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Arg sorry. Im so used to getting piled on for things I say in here and yeah, it was about the people asking for a direct because I asked the dude that saw it get deleted
Let the record state that you come in here all high and mighty about twitter comments from people outside this thread, ask someone not to snap at you, and proceed to call THEM an asshole

Woof. At least TRY to have good intentions in this thread outside of being a ****stirrer

PatPrime

Smash Journeyman
Well this is interesting. Crash being FP6 was a prediction huh? I feel like he REALLY shouldn't have said that publicly if it was a prediction but we'll see how it pans out. The direct confusing everybody definitely shows that you cant just fault Mandy here, though. Crash and Geno would be enough for me alongside Banjo, so I guess we'll find out if he is a liar or someone to be trusted.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Let the record state that you come in here all high and mighty about twitter comments from people outside this thread, ask someone not to snap at you, and proceed to call THEM an asshole

Woof. At least TRY to have good intentions in this thread outside of being a ****stirrer

I Am NOT. How is calling out people harrasing a company on twitter **** stirring? Its not like Im going after any of yall

and that snap was my mistake, Guess I had that in my head and poof, it kinda blew up but sorry about that. If you look back, you can see I edited and said sorry

Last edited:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
so its gotten to the point where people are now harassing nintendo on any tweets they do about a direct so much that they have to delete it. They had to delete that pokemon dungeon tweet because of the backlash not over PMD, but over the stupid direct. I can safely say this stupid direct is bringing out the asshole in everyone

I get that you want to whiteknight a multi million dollar company, but the Tweet is still up. It was deleted at first to prevent misinformation from spreading, which is ironically what you are doing right now.

Seriously though, people like you truly are a dime a dozen in this community, I see way more people screaming at others “Y’ALL NEED TO BE GRATEFUL AND PATIENT, REEEEEEEE!!!!!!” than what you are desperately trying to paint out.

This isn’t a single person, this is a multi million corporation that you are trying to go to bat for, no matter what they do. Food for thought.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace

View attachment 262143

Interesting, I definitely trust you more than Mandy on their own so it's interesting to hear about your convo with Mandy. Though, I'm still no where completely on board with trusting Mandy. There's still a lot of suspicion surrounding them so I'm no where near on board with saying they're real until Crash/Geno actually come to fruition. As Serenade claimed, they could still be lying to you but idk how much I believe that seeing as how if they were lying the whole time, it seems like the jig was up for them based on their Tweets on the matter. So, I'm not ready to believe/apologize to Mandy yet but I'll try to be less hard on them moving forward.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Jesus ****ing christ, if you want wanted me to leave you could of just asked. I wasnt trying to start anything with anyone and hell, when I posted it, it was going as smooth as butter. It was clear yesterday I wasnt even trying to start **** up with yall. andnifnyou tookd that as me calling you assholes, no, I 100% wasnt

Sorry. ill leave

Last edited:

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
NoA’s twitter has been oddly reminiscent of how they were for the September 2018 direct that got delayed due to the earthquake. I remember once it got delayed, they tweeted out a ton of small scale announcements during the weeklong delay because some of them were time sensitive. They’ve been going pretty hard on twitter lately with small scale announcements again.

I could be off base though, not like I check their twitter very regularly

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Jesus ****ing christ, if you want wanted me to leave you could of just asked.
Honestly, just take 5. I like your input on things and, like I've said in the past, I actually appreciate critics who are civil about it and don't act like we're playing Tetris Attack and try to crush me with walls of text. To some degree, everybody is kind of irritable for one reason or another so try not to take it personally. Again, kind of ironic coming from me given sometimes I have the emotional regulation of a feral goose but it is what it is.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Jesus ****ing christ, if you want wanted me to leave you could of just asked. I wasnt trying to start anything with anyone and hell, when I posted it, it was going as smooth as butter. It was clear yesterday I wasnt even trying to start **** up with yall. andnifnyou tookd that as me calling you assholes, no, I 100% wasnt

Sorry. ill leave
Don’t play victim. You called @Serenade01 an asshole in your now edited post because you were jumping to conclusions without even reading. That is what I was referring to there.

see ya

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Honestly, just take 5. I like your input on things and, like I've said in the past, I actually appreciate critics who are civil about it and don't act like we're playing Tetris Attack and try to crush me with walls of text. To some degree, everybody is kind of irritable for one reason or another so try not to take it personally. Again, kind of ironic coming from me given sometimes I have the emotional regulation of a feral goose but it is what it is.
You know I wasnt trying to start anything, right? Maybe if they heard it from you, they will understand because I think im being shut out but In just want to make things right
Don’t play victim. You called @Serenade01 an asshole in your now edited post because you were jumping to conclusions without even reading. That is what I was referring to there.

see ya
Yeah, because I snapped at something I missread so I edited and said I snapped and read wrong. I 100% didnt mean to and thats my own stupid ass fault and I take full responsibility for my stupidity. Editing it is better thennit just sitting there. At least everyone knows Im wrong and that im sorry

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I get that you want to whiteknight a multi million dollar company, but the Tweet is still up. It was deleted at first to prevent misinformation from spreading, which is ironically what you are doing right now.

Seriously though, people like you truly are a dime a dozen in this community, I see way more people screaming at others “Y’ALL NEED TO BE GRATEFUL AND PATIENT, REEEEEEEE!!!!!!” than what you are desperately trying to paint out.

This isn’t a single person, this is a multi million corporation that you are trying to go to bat for, no matter what they do. Food for thought.
Didn’t you promise you stop posting here? Just sayin.

D

Deleted member

You know I wasnt trying to start anything, right? Maybe if they heard it from you, they will understand because I think im being shut out but In just want to make things right

Yeah, because I snapped at something I missread so I edited and said I snapped and read wrong. I 100% didnt mean to and thats my own stupid ass fault

see ya
Hey, it doesn't bother me, but what does bother me is the idea that the thread is getting dragged off the rails by this. It ain't Geno, it's not a big deal.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ever hard punched a friend in the face but made up later? Think of it like that. Best thing to do is honestly drop it and come back later because it's one of those situations you're clearly outnumbered and persuading a whole crowd is kind of a fool's errand unless you all are already on the same team. It sucks but on basic terms it's kind of tribal mentality that humans can never totally get away from.

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice

View attachment 262143

I still think that Geno would be the 7th character, just my guess. that would definitely make people buy the fighter pass, he's like the equivalent to banjo. Not relevant but highly demanded for nostalgia love. Crash would also be a crazy pick, europeans and americans love crash.

Correct me if I am wrong, but crash isnt that big in japan, right? So I wonder who would really be next character (dlc fighter 6)?

I’m not a big fan of Dante, however, if Dante was in, he would make a good entry fighter for the 2nd wave of dlc fighters. He's cool like Joker and relevant, however he is also a legacy character. But this is based on purely looking at patterns from previous dlc... nintendo and sakurai probably dont care about patterns lol

My guess for right now...

6. Dante (Joker)
7. Geno (Hero)
8. Crash (Banjo)
9. Ryu Hayabusa (Terry, not the most popular pick but a real legacy character)
10. ?,
11. ?

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Hey, it doesn't bother me, but what does bother me is the idea that the thread is getting dragged off the rails by this. It ain't Geno, it's not a big deal.
If you don’t care then I don’t care, I just don’t appreciate hypocrisy towards the members here. Particularly coming from people who have 0 interest in discussing Geno in the Geno thread.

Anyways, I appreciate Fatmanonice Fatmanonice reaching out to Mandycan and confirming that yet another person heard Geno’s name. We’re getting very close to “when is Geno coming?” instead of “is Geno coming?” and it’s a nice feeling

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Ever hard punched a friend in the face but made up later? Think of it like that. Best thing to do is honestly drop it and come back later because it's one of those situations you're clearly outnumbered and persuading a whole crowd is kind of a fool's errand unless you all are already on the same team. It sucks but on basic terms it's kind of tribal mentality that humans can never totally get away from.
...I just want everyone to know i didnt mean it...thats all i want. .I dont want people to hate me.. The only thing about making up with the friend here is they wont listen to you afterward..
Bye. I guess I dont belong here anymore
if i could dm you Fatmanonice Fatmanonice that would be nice. i got a few things to say

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
It's not so much that I distrust Mandy. If Fatman says his information checks out with other information that Fatman has, then I fully trust Fatman's judgment on that matter. My issue is that insiders can and have been wrong about things. Whether it's leakbait, misinterpretations, bold predictions with a lot to back them up that never come to fruition, information getting mixed up as it travels down the grapevine, Nintendo mind games, etc whatever the case, Nintendo has majorly slipped up in some instances but have still been able to surprise us as well despite how ravenous people are for information. It's very possible some of the names swirling around in insider circles are just the result of these factors. As always, our only option is to wait and see. Regardless, I trust Fatman and while I take everything he says with a megaton of salt, I believe him if he says that someone could be worth listening to even if that someone got some things wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom