• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Same with the spanish one. Anyone have the japanese one? Hows that looking?
On Nintendo's english YT channel, Byleth's showcase video is at 55K likes but 33K dislikes. This is the worst of all the Fighter Pass characters, who have about 90-95% favorability.

alemerltoucanet

Smash Lord
NNID
AngrySilverBird
Ahhhh, I'm so excited for Byleth!!! She looks so fun!! January 28th can't come soon enough smh.

Here's to Geno in season 2 btw! I think he's definitely one of the most likely!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Already did this on two Discord channels on Christmas and I'm now making this public here because one of these Smash rumors was a "Christmas gift" after wishing them a Merry Christmas.

I decided to compile all the Smash rumors from my four contacts since early November as easy reference:

-All my contacts believe that 5 and 6 will be shown in the same presentation or at least very close together.

-Most of my contacts believe Cacomallow is real. One doesn't.

-Most of my contacts believe 5 will be one of the only Western characters added. Most agree on the identity but, again, one guy doesn't. They still all agree it's a Western character though..

-Lots of disagreements about 6. Some say it's a bonus character (like Plant), one says it's a full pack, complete with a stage, music, and 6 Mii costumes. On that topic...

-One of the two Christmas rumors: For the Pack 6 rumors, character will be totally unrelated to all its content. The pack will include 4 Mii costumes from the same series and 2 indies with music from two totally different games. Supposedly it will come with a spirit board too, again, totally unrelated to the character.

-One absolutely crazy rumor from November that 5, 6, and 7 will all be revealed together. None of my contacts believe it but half have heard it.

-Based on rumors, the purpose of "Season 2" seems to be to knock out long time fan requests more than anything else. THIS IS MY OWN SPECULATION. Most of the "strongest" names in insider circles have been characters requested since Brawl or even Melee.

-According to rumors, Indies and echoes are all but confirmed toast. One of the few things all my contacts agree on. THIS IS OUR SPECULATION. Sakurai already deconfirmed echoes himself but the evidence is super stacked now that he was 100% serious. Best treatment for Indies seems to be the "Sans treatment." It's gotten to the point that Travis and Steve are the only two indies that my contacts believe have a real chance of becoming playable eventually but I honestly doubt both (especially Steve given he was already leakbait for Banjo).

-The other Christmas rumor I got from a different contact then the previous one: SNES game dump to be announced "soon" but no specific games mentioned. They had very strong guesses for three of them based on things "they knew."
Reposting this again because, on this list, literally one bullet point of the nine was totally wrong and that was 5 being a Western character. All the others are still in play.

-None of my contacts believed the triple reveal rumor and, lo and behold, it didn't happen.

-6 is not a bonus character but a full pack. Kudos to the contact.

-Basically confirmation that the "Sans treatment" will keep going with Indies.

-Only 6 characters left, kind of drives the nail in deeper for no indies or echoes.

-One of my contacts made a mistake. Knew about the Three Houses stage and spirits but attributed it to 6, not 5. There are probably a solid dozen confidants that can confirm this detail.

-"5 and 6 to be revealed in the same presentation or very close together." Still definitely in play, especially with the rumblings of a big ass Direct.

Yes, we'll all take the L for being wrong about 5 but to discard the other eight bullet points is super petty.

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
The more I ponder on this .... I do think things were changed up for some reason. I do feel like Byleth may not have been planned as Rep 5.

The whole line up has been third party characters except for this one. The mii costumes are very random as well, especially for a first party character. Could have used some more random Fire Emblem costumes, or even Nintendo ones, but did not.

This does make me think since E3 Nintendo Green lit the next round of DLC, though they were most likely going to do it anyway but waited for the numbers to support another round.

Very curious.

Oh yeah, go Geno for round 2!

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
While advising people to play nice and be happy for Byleth fans is good, I do think it's a bit silly to be surprised or not understand how people aren't terribly happy that a franchise, which already had this representation issue/complaint by fans last game, got an eighth rep, and in almost the same exact derisive set-up as last game.
I completely understand that some people are actually happy to have Blyeth in the game and I am okay with that, it's not my place to decide someone's opinions on a character. It's the people that childishly post all these "HoEs MaD" memes (damn dude, I didn't know you were so funny, mind saying it again so it'll be double funny?) and just trashing people for their different opinions on Byleth. Yes, I understand people who threaten Sakurai or say Smash is ruined now or try to harass people who are happy Byleth are taking it too far and probably should be cast into the "cry baby" corner, but those people are the very very small minority compared to those who are simply just unhappy. I don't get why these people (as I call them "The Anti-Disappointment Police") need to defend every action Nintendo takes and that criticizing bad decisions is a good idea. It happens time and time again and it really worries and confuses me with just how much loyalty these guys have to a video game company.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ironic, since you are misquoting what Vergeben said.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78218788?jumpto=51#51

This is what Sabi was talking about. It is clear as day Verge was talking about first parties.

And also, you clearly stated the triple reveal “theory” came from your contacts.

Note the word “rumor”. Not “theory”, not “speculation”, you outright said it was a rumor from your contacts.

And sure enough, people here took it and ran with it.
Fatman always pushed that the triple reveal was his own theory. He speculates it based on things his contacts said, yes, but they never said a triple reveal. Just as he never claimed Power of Six was his own theory nor that the starling was definitely for Smash, but people kept twisting his words.

And are you going to ignore Sabi’s recent blunder?

D

Deleted member

On Nintendo's english YT channel, Byleth's showcase video is at 55K likes but 33K dislikes. This is the worst of all the Fighter Pass characters, who have about 90-95% favorability.
That’s what happens when they add a shill pick especially a Fire Emblem character. They didn’t learn from Corrin did they?

6eyondthegrave

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, I was disappointed with another Fire Emblem character. But all is now forgiven when Sakurai dropped the news that we are getting 6 more fire embl... I mean 6 more characters. I'm really happy, my body isn't ready!

Last edited:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Oh going back t9 the Japan text I’ve location and Ryu and byleth switch places

Thanks to amuser I realized how it’s possible now

True edrick got leaked to death

But Ryu was probably barely in development thus the code not spottable same with banjo and terry

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
It's a double edge sword now: FE won again by getting another rep, but will have to accept that Byleth will be seen as the blight of the fighter pass, maybe even the least like DLC next to Plant.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
It's a double edge sword now: FE won again by getting another rep, but will have to accept that Byleth will be seen as the blight of the fighter pass, maybe even the least like DLC next to Plant.
At least Plant had a large meme community surrounding him and was a genuinely interesting character to add (even though I may not have been thrilled).
Holy crap, I just defended Plant, didn't I?

zferolie

Smash Hero
Reposting this again because, on this list, literally one bullet point of the nine was totally wrong and that was 5 being a Western character. All the others are still in play.

-None of my contacts believed the triple reveal rumor and, lo and behold, it didn't happen.

-Only 6 characters left, kind of drives the nail in deeper for no indies or echoes.

-One of my contacts made a mistake. Knew about the Three Houses stage and spirits but attributed it to 6, not 5. There are probably a solid dozen confidants that can confirm this detail.

-"5 and 6 to be revealed in the same presentation or very close together." Still definitely in play, especially with the rumblings of a big ass Direct.

Yes, we'll all take the L for being wrong about 5 but to discard the other eight bullet points is super petty.
We shall see if the next direct shows FP6. I can see it happening. And I like to see more indies as Mii fighters... Just not Shantae or Reimu please. Make them playable :p

I can see Hallow Knight becoming a Mii Swordsfighter, and Maybe Madaline becoming a Mii Brawler Other Indie Mii Brawler I coukld see is the Guackamelee character

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Ironic, since you are misquoting what Vergeben said.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/78218788?jumpto=51#51

This is what Sabi was talking about. It is clear as day Verge was talking about first parties.

And also, you clearly stated the triple reveal “theory” came from your contacts.

Note the word “rumor”. Not “theory”, not “speculation”, you outright said it was a rumor from your contacts.

And sure enough, people here took it and ran with it.
Keyword: Rumor. "A currently circulating story or report of uncertain or doubtful truth." Also it's kind of ironic that you reposted that because, literally in that post, one of my contacts said that there were going to be 6 characters after 5.

Add in: Oh look! That post is from December 29th and Sakurai didn't reveal that detail until today, the 16th. I knew this on the 27th, 3 weeks ago.

Last edited:

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
At least Plant had a large meme community surrounding him and was a genuinely interesting character to add (even though I may not have been thrilled).
Holy crap, I just defended Plant, didn't I?
Yep, much like fans of FFVIII were happy that FFXIII took away attention from them, Plant fans finally have a character that can take the hate away from Plant. Hell, this might put Plant in a BETTER light now.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
All I know is that he said Zippo was credible.

I was avoiding the internet before the announcement.
He basically backed Zippo up saying he was credible, yes, and said Zippo just worded it weird or wrong or something in a reply to someone who was confused as to what Zippo meant, but still implied it was a character that could be relevant without Nintendo even being mentioned, but now I guess Zippo asks something like “Does Fire Emblem count as fully Nintendo?” (yes, Zippo, yes it does) sometime before the reveal and Sabi calls him sly and continues being an egotistical narcissist about how people don’t believe him (which is really my only issue with Sabi (aside from his past stuff with leading people on such as what he said about Terry making the community think they know the next character and the Jonesy leak), the narcissism).

Last edited:

Miifighters4Smash5

Smash Journeyman

If Only that meant that Shovel Knight OR King Knight would end up as Mii Swordfighter Costumes[With Shovel Knight's Shovel representing the sword for Shovel Knight[complete with Male & Female Varients of the same costume depending on whether its a Female or Male Mii Fighter). and King Knight's Scepter representing the Sword for His Character(I'd love to see Queen Knight as a Female varient of the King Knight Costume; but As Body swap mode and as such Queen Knight is only in Shovel of Hope and NOT in King of Cards, that's not quite as likely to happen)]

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
We shall see if the next direct shows FP6. I can see it happening. And I like to see more indies as Mii fighters... Just not Shantae or Reimu please. Make them playable :p
Honestly, I definitely think that FP6 will be revealed in the next direct. By now, it would seem neither Nintendo nor Sakurai like revealing other characters in these presentations. But, I also feel as though with how poorly this was received, Nintendo may wanna try and save things with a hype reveal soon. I feel that's why Joker was shown off so early, as a sort of peace offering the community after the November direct was received more poorly.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Did Sakurai say that 6 was almost ready in the Direct or are people misquoting him?

If so, E3 seems like when the next reveal will be.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Reach for my hand
I'll soar away
Into the dawn
Oh,I wish I could stay!

Hahahaha hahahaha!

Oh that what absolutely great!

I'm glad Byleth got in. I loved Fire Emblem: Three Houses and I think their a great addition we got a first-party character to end of the fighter's pass baby!

Garreg Mach Monestary looks great Byleth does to! Happy they got in looking forward to seeing who comes next!

Also The Altair Mii Costume I don't know if Ezio would ever get in! But that!

That was awesome and made me smile!

Last edited by a moderator:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Honestly, I definitely think that FP6 will be revealed in the next direct. By now, it would seem neither Nintendo nor Sakurai like revealing other characters in these presentations. But, I also feel as though with how poorly this was received, Nintendo may wanna try and save things with a hype reveal soon. I feel that's why Joker was shown off so early, as a sort of peace offering the community after the November direct was received more poorly.
yeah I agree. I think we will see the 6th soon.

So we have 6 more confirmed fighters, and if what I posted is true, maybe another FP after with I would guess between 4-6. As for who I want/expect in this next Fighters Pass, here are mine predictions. Order May be different.

6: Ryu. I really think they were planned for the first pack, but moved to capitalize on the FE money. Not bad, as Byleth looks really fun to play. Ryu would be the last NES classic missing in some way, and a new rep. I see this revealed in the next General direct released in April

7: Geno. This would be the big E3 reveal to get the hype flowing for the fighters pass, same that Joker and banjo did.

8: Shantae I'm still pushing my girl hard. She's going to be the big indie playable fighter. Other indies will get the mii costume treatment most likely. I see Hallow Knight becoming a sword fighter for example, and Cadance getting a sword fighter as well.

9: Crash. I think he is happening at some point. He is an gaming icon and also fits a period of gaming History for the early sony vs Nintendo stuff.

10: Doomguy. I think someone from Bethesda is happening, and its probaly him.

11: Rex and Pyra. I really think Sakurai likes them, despite... well saying they were too new but Byleth gets added in. That I blaim on Nintendo not wanting to add rex and pyra in. this could maybe still happen, and I think its likely.

I know Fatman is not expecting any playable indies but damn it I think it will happen with Shantae or Reimu!

Firox

Smash Master
Ugh, given today's presentation, I doubt we'll be getting a double reveal ever again. The characters are going to be spaced too far apart and it seems to be a new trend to spend the entire direct making babies with the patron franchise. MAYBE we could get a double for E3 if we're lucky, but I'm betting it'll only happen if we suffer a 6 month drought in exchange. Feck, this is killing me.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
6: Ryu. I really think they were planned for the first pack, but moved to capitalize on the FE money. Not bad, as Byleth looks really fun to play. Ryu would be the last NES classic missing in some way, and a new rep. I see this revealed in the next General direct released in April

7: Geno. This would be the big E3 reveal to get the hype flowing for the fighters pass, same that Joker and banjo did.
I could see Geno being either 6 or 7. He'd work as either the "Yeah, we still do have hype things to show off, even if the last reveal was lackluster" character or the hype long time E3 request character to show off

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
Geno literally dodged five Mii Costume bullets, there’s still a bit of hope yet.

20C9E8AA-65C2-4125-8A17-8FD1EE424413.gif

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
I love how people claim that we're blindly following fatman's speculation, and yet we see plenty of people predicting stuff that goes against it.

Lord Woomy

Smash Ace
It is the year 2021, 2 more Square characters have been revealed, neither of them Geno but neither of them came with his costume or Choccobo hat. The other 3 characters were from Fire Emblem: Eleven Condos. We only have 1 character left and it will be revealed in a direct tomorrow. We can only pray this is our time to shine. Moments before the 4th FE character is shown off

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
This Fighter Pass even mirrored Brawl's cycle:

Snake/Joker: Completely unexpected, game changing, shocking. Expectations through the roof.
Sonic/Banjo: Massive fan favorites, history with Nintendo, lauded reveals. Fan demands at an all time high, sky's the limit.
T Link/Wolf/Blyeth: .......Really? REALLY?? Expectations obliterated.

Honestly, despite how silly it would be of someone still being on the fence for getting the FP after 4 reveals, I doubt very much Byleth tipped them into a purchase.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
So where are we standing on CacoMallow? Personally I think it could still be real because developing characters takes quite awhile so I don't think it's unreasonable to assume they had a bunch of Mii outfits done and ready to be released with the coming packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom