• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spatulo

Smash Lord
NNID
Spatulo
Switch FC
SW 6433 1491 0045
well dang it I woke up earlier than I wanted to. No biggy, only a hour left.

I just saw Verge's list and I personally don't believe it. If it's real though, that significantly boosts the chances of Travis and Master Chief. Especially Travis as he would fit with the theme of underwhelming final characters (Not trash talking Travis though, I would be hyped for him, even if he's not even in my top 10 most wanted).
Travis would be a logical final reveal given the low key nature of this one. If it was Master Chief I’d question why it’s just in a Thursday morning standalone presentation, but then again who knows.

That being said, I already bet my soul on it being Geno and I’m not backing down lol

Kremling Kommander

Smash Journeyman
Wanted to pop in one final time to say good luck to everybody! I have a feeling this is going to be really good, and hopefully Cacomallow is real so our star boy can get in!

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Huh, thought you were a dragonborn pusher. My bad.

I know you don't think indies are happening, but I am set on my feeling of Shantae with Bonus Geno. if its not them, fine whatever, I'll be happy with whoever we get. Still this is how I'm feeling atm.
No, my prediction is still Dragonborn despite none of my contacts really supporting it. I say this for a lot of reasons:

-Fits Power of Six and Power of Two theory

-Fits my original hypothesis from September that 5 was going to be a fantasy swordsman from a company that doesn't have a newcomer in Smash yet

-Skyrim is a ****in' Goliath in the gaming world. Got a perfect score in Famitsu, inspired Breath of the Wild (Anouma literally said this himself), one of the top ten best selling games of all time, won game of the year on its release, etc.

-Was one of the first two third party games announced for the Switch, the other was Dragon Quest XI. Since then, it was in both Switch unveiling presentations and a launch title.

I could go on, I really could. Skyrim was criminally slept on and I admit myself that I didn't even seriously consider Bethesda (one of the Switch's first major third party supporters, period) until Cacomallow happened in November. Still, I could be wrong but, at the same time, I'm making predictions because I know people are pissed and I want to be a straight shooter with who I think it is based on what I know and my own speculation/theorycrafting.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
I will not be truly satisfied with the presentation until I hear sakurai say buy Skyrim.

MisterMike

Smash Champion
Alright, I'm up. It's amazing: I'm a grown-ass man of many years, I wasn't all that excited for Christmas anymore, and yet I still find myself losing sleep over **** like this. What's wrong with me?

View attachment 257920

Verge posted this and I agree with it but, holy crap, there are 34 characters on it... No wonder people are fuming and seething. This is the worst kind of jerking around and the fact that this has been going on for two months is insane. People are rightfully angry. It sucks that a lot of people have taken out their frustrations on me but... I'm surprisingly willing to forgive because, GameXplain and Source Gaming were totally right, this approach is wildly inappropriate and has honestly poisoned the well when it comes to Smash speculation.
God, what a ****ing ****show. I'm so glad we're getting FP5 now, because this is ridiculous.

View attachment 257922

Geno's ready for today's presentation; are you?
That's not Geno.
That's a cat.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Anyway, it will be Travis Touchdiwn, 11 spirits, 23 songs and 2 Mii costumes.

I received this feeling from my good friend Greg Uno Topeaken.

zferolie

Smash Hero
No, my prediction is still Dragonborn despite none of my contacts really supporting it. I say this for a lot of reasons:

-Fits my original hypothesis from September that 5 was going to be a fantasy swordsman from a company that doesn't have a newcomer in Smash yet

-Skyrim is a ****in' Goliath in the gaming world. Got a perfect score in Famitsu, inspired Breath of the Wild (Anouma literally said this himself), one of the top ten best selling games of all time, won game of the year on its release, etc.

-Was one of the first two third party games announced for the Switch, the other was Dragon Quest XI. Since then, it was in both Switch unveiling presentations and a launch title.

I could go on, I really could. Skyrim was criminally slept on and I admit myself that I didn't even seriously consider Bethesda (one of the Switch's first major third party supporters, period) until Cacomallow happened in November. Still, I could be wrong but, at the same time, I'm making predictions because I know people are pissed and I want to be a straight shooter with who I think it is based on what I know and my own speculation/theorycrafting.
Those are legit good reasons to expect Dragonborn. If they are in, I do hope Sakurai makes the different races and genders alts. That may be a lot of work, but its fitting for the character.

I'm sticking to my guns, but won't be surprised if you are right

Loog

Smash Apprentice

Two of your contacts have only mentioned the character being bethesda correct?

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
No matter who’s revealed today, I just hope they have a decent moveset and hope they aren’t too broken.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What were your predictions again?
Based on everything I know and have speculated since September or so:

5. Dragonborn. Its two returning Mii costumes will be Monster Hunter and Rathalos if Power of Six/Two is true.

6. Robbie Rotten. I'm very inclined to believe my contact's "Christmas gift" that the 6th pack (whether it's attached to this character or not) will not be related to Robbie. It will be 6 Mii costumes, 4 from the same series and two indies with music. The stage and spirit board will also be based on the four costumes and not Robbie. None of my contacts agree on how 6 will be handled: character and pack released/announced separately or together.

I've also done predictions out to the fall but let's just focus on the here and now.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Couple things

1. Dragonborn would be awesome just for fus roh doh-ing someone off the stage.

2. If Doom Slayer gets in, the first battle I will do will be against Isabelle. Bloodlusted one man-army demon killer with an entire arsenal vs a cute dog secretary that fights with party poopers and water buckets.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Couple things

1. Dragonborn would be awesome just for fus roh doh-ing someone off the stage.

2. If Doom Slayer gets in, the first battle I will do will be against Isabelle. Bloodlusted one man-army demon killer with an entire arsenal vs a cute dog secretary that fights with party poopers and water buckets.
In that first half, I thought you were describing Isabelle, not gonna lie

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Guys, I have some very sad news to share with y'all. Lesley left and deleted her account so she is no longer with us on Smashboards. She was upset that we would probably not be getting a female character tomorrow and she's been really wanting to see at least one female character in the DLC lineup. It really makes me sad that she is gone because I considered her a friend of mine. We all should have been open minded about her opinions wanting more female characters in Smash because if most of us were more open minded about that, she wouldn't have left us. The heroines deserve their dues in Smash just as much as the main heroes and villains. :cry:

zferolie

Smash Hero
Guys, I have some very sad news to share with y'all. Lesley left and deleted her account so she is no longer with us on Smashboards. She was upset that we would probably not be getting a female character tomorrow and she's been really wanting to see at least one female character in the DLC lineup. It really makes me sad that she is gone because I considered her a friend of mine. We all should have been open minded about her opinions wanting more female characters in Smash because if most of us were more open minded about that, she wouldn't have left us. The heroines deserve their dues in Smash just as much as the main heroes and villains. :cry:
Really she did? I was telling her there was a very strong chance this last one could be a girl.... I was always supportive of her since I want a female badly too

Dynamic Worlok

Shunted into the bad timeline
said it before and I'll say it again. I could care less if the pass is all female or all male. If you want characters based solely upon gender that's your business, but it's not something I can get behind. If it's something that really bothered her, the speculation scene isn't a good place. And I truly wish her all the best. However I will not budge.

Last edited:

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
It's almost time. Just wanna say it's been one hell of a ride guys. Onwards to Pass 2 with Geno and more fan favorites! <3

Loog

Smash Apprentice
I mean we are getting more characters after 5 so there is still more chances for stuff like that.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
said it before and I'll say it again. I could care less if the pass is all female or all male. If you want characters based solely upon gender that's your business, but it's not something I can get behind. Have preferences my dude. If it's something that really bothered her, the speculation scene isn't a good place. And I truly wish her all the best. However I will not budge.
Let me ask you a question: Does every character you want and most people on here always want a protagonist character 99% of the time? It's not about "Let's try and get every franchise on the damn planet in Smash!" It's about diversity and uniqueness and most of the time, the heroines and villains are more interesting and unique than the protagonist.

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yo, it's almost time. Let's see who the last character of the pass turns out to be

OffBi

Smash Ace
What if the reason they are showing doomguy just now is because of the mii costumes leak?
If we see that Cacodemon, we'll know that Geno is coming so they wanted to show him alongside doomguy by finishing him

Rohanx17

Smash Lord
Let me ask you a question: Does every character you want and most people on here always want a protagonist character 99% of the time? It's not about "Let's try and get every franchise on the damn planet in Smash!" It's about diversity and uniqueness and most of the time, the heroines and villains are more interesting and unique than the protagonist.
I dont think most people care about it being a protagonist or any other number of labels. They just want characters they think are neat or would be fun to play with and I don't see why we constantly go here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom