• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

MashedPotatoUltimate

Smash Apprentice
I’m also believing Doomguy more and more the closer we get to the direct, I just don’t believe the whole Dante thing because the DMC twitter already made their announcement regarding the whole Free Style thing added in DMC3

but at the same time I’m on the camp that sakurai did that 3 finger sign for a reason which is why I also think it may be Travis Touchdown as Suda51 has also done that pose when he met with sakurai in the past

in the end I’m kinda glad we’re in the dark as we all have no idea who it may be which brings even more excitement to it all

Attachments

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Screenshot_20200116-053936.png

Verge posted this and I agree with it but, holy crap, there are 34 characters on it... No wonder people are fuming and seething. This is the worst kind of jerking around and the fact that this has been going on for two months is insane. People are rightfully angry. It sucks that a lot of people have taken out their frustrations on me but... I'm surprisingly willing to forgive because, GameXplain and Source Gaming were totally right, this approach is wildly inappropriate and has honestly poisoned the well when it comes to Smash speculation.

Corbin

Smash Apprentice
NNID
nibrocofthepuddn
A couple hours left! I woke up at 5, couldn't fall back asleep, so here we are at the gym. Here's hoping today is a good day!

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 257920

Verge posted this and I agree with it but, holy crap, there are 34 characters on it... No wonder people are fuming and seething. This is the worst kind of jerking around and the fact that this has been going on for two months is insane. People are rightfully angry. It sucks that a lot of people have taken out their frustrations on me but... I'm surprisingly willing to forgive because, GameXplain and Source Gaming were totally right, this approach is wildly inappropriate and has honestly poisoned the well when it comes to Smash speculation.
I was sure this was already posted before, though.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
View attachment 257920

I partly want it to be Doomguy just to definitively show verge is full of ****. Even if it’s not he’s been doing this noncommittal bull**** since Steve was proven to be leakbait. I genuinely don’t know why people live and die by this guys statements anymore.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Given how Verge went back and forth over this list, I'm giving it a grain of salt. We'll get a definitive answer in the next two hours for sure though.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. Not to mention that he said a Square character would be first and he backed it HARD.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Saw the verge list, and yeah its nuts that we have so many deconfirms but still nothing. He still could be wrong though.

I don't think its doomguy at all though. Everyone just jumps on him just because of cacomallow, and really I don't thinkthat was real. Plus not only Verge said its wrong but Sabi too, who seems to be more credible to people too.

I'm still on the Shantae bandwagon, with Geno also being announced. Something in my gut says so, and if we belive all 3(Verg, Sabi, and Zippo), Shantae is the most likely and only real one fitting. Travis was shot down by Suda multiple times at this point to its not them. And Fatmanonice Fatmanonice here keeps swaring its a western character. So really other then shantae, who fits all these things?

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
Let us appreciate we are not in the original timeline where number 5 was THE final character. Now, today could end in disappointment but there is hope of something better after this.

But if 5 was the end? Smash fanbase would be setting things on fire after this reveal.

5 has so much hype on it right now that I doubt it will be able to answer to it. Granted, that was the fear since day 1. Coupled with the developers' tendency to end Smash rosters on........fizzles, and 5 was practically doomed to fail from the word go. Also add insiders deconfirming/reconfirming companies back and forth for this character and the over 4 month gap since Terry. If it's just number 5 today, chances are that there will be alot of grumblings from the Smash fanbase at 9:06.

Congrats to 5's fanbase, though. Hopefully no other fanbase gives them grief.

Loog

Smash Apprentice
If nothing else I am looking forward to the potential memes that will come from the presentation.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I was sure this was already posted before, though.
I know but I just saw it for the first time this morning. I had no idea it had gotten this long and I remember when people were angry when the list was half this length. 34 characters and about half a dozen company deconfirmations and you STILL can't deduce what the final answer is? This is why I have multiple contacts and still do my own research, cross checking, and speculation because this **** is ridiculous.

Vector Victor

Smash Lord
If nothing else I am looking forward to the potential memes that will come from the presentation.
Eh, I'm betting on people just using 'Hoes Mad' version 4. Apparently that's the response to counter people not happy/neutral/not happy ENOUGH about a new character.

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
Saw the verge list, and yeah its nuts that we have so many deconfirms but still nothing. He still could be wrong though.

I don't think its doomguy at all though. Everyone just jumps on him just because of cacomallow, and really I don't thinkthat was real. Plus not only Verge said its wrong but Sabi too, who seems to be more credible to people too.

I'm still on the Shantae bandwagon, with Geno also being announced. Something in my gut says so, and if we belive all 3(Verg, Sabi, and Zippo), Shantae is the most likely and only real one fitting. Travis was shot down by Suda multiple times at this point to its not them. And Fatmanonice Fatmanonice here keeps swaring its a western character. So really other then shantae, who fits all these things?
Bold of you to assume that THAT'S the reason people think it Doom Slayer. You know, not because of Bethesda's relationship with Nintendo or the brown and green artifacts on Sakurai. Definitely just Cacomallow because of needlessly hopeless lost souls pulling at straws.

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
Yeah. Not to mention that he said a Square character would be first and he backed it HARD.
IMO I think that at some point they wanted to get The Hero to be the first DLC character since his data existed in the game since day 1 but decided to go with Joker first for reasons.

But that doesn't mean that Verge is correct and I'm surprised that no one asked him about what character he expects to see since he excluded Literally Everyone from his list.

D

Deleted member

As much as I'm not a fan of Verge, we still have to give credit where credit is due. His credibility may not be 100%. Hell, may not be anywhere near 60% but he did nail a few things for base game. DLC though? Not his forte. I wouldn't give this list the time of day personally but I wouldn't say he's full of **** or a bad person either.

I think Verge is just ignorant and naive with an inferiority complex because that makes him worried about his credibility as a leaker and at times his ego has really gotten to his head. Not as much as Sabi's imo, but they both like the attention. He'll bite into anything his sources feed him so he doesn't earn my trust at all, but if he is wrong (and I am convinced he is) I just hope no one goes after him either like some witch hunt. I think he should just get out of the circles and leak culture once #5 is revealed. He has nothing to gain from this anymore.

I'm still sold it's Kratos Doom Guy.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
I know but I just saw it for the first time this morning. I had no idea it had gotten this long and I remember when people were angry when the list was half this length. 34 characters and about half a dozen company deconfirmations and you STILL can't deduce what the final answer is? This is why I have multiple contacts and still do my own research, cross checking, and speculation because this **** is ridiculous.
That's generally how the most prominent leakers operated when it comes to Smash DLC, unfortunately. Still, given that it's a couple of hours now before the direct, you said you believe overall that the direct is going to be a good to great one, correct?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
That's generally how the most prominent leakers operated when it comes to Smash DLC, unfortunately. Still, given that it's a couple of hours now before the direct, you said you believe overall that the direct is going to be a good to great one, correct?
Yeah, it's going to be a great day, especially if a "certain someone's" pack is revealed today too.

zferolie

Smash Hero
Bold of you to assume that THAT'S the reason people think it Doom Slayer. You know, not because of Bethesda's relationship with Nintendo or the brown and green artifacts on Sakurai. Definitely just Cacomallow because of needlessly hopeless lost souls pulling at straws.
The artifacts could be anything. The brown could be Shantae's skin. There was dark orange as well which fits color theory for her. Green could be the wall. Hell, the screenshot may not even be him in front of a poster! As for their relationship, yes, I can see it, but if we are going with Zippo, Doom was never considered a nintendo character, or super tied to Nintendo.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, it's going to be a great day, especially if a "certain someone's" pack is revealed today too.
If that's the case, then I guess there's either not going to be much controversy or a lot of it. Is there any way of telling which scenario is going to happen regardless, though?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Just a few more hours left. I'll be in school during the presentation though.

Whoever it is I'm excited.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
If that's the case, then I guess there's either not going to be much controversy or a lot of it. Is there any way of telling which scenario is going to happen regardless, though?
Well... In my opinion... It's going to be a mixed bag but the memes will be legendary, especially if my theory about a double is true and they just say "**** it" and reveal 6's pack too.

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
1 hour and 30 minutes then we can put this ****fest to rest already and start talking about Fighter's Pass 2!

RuffyYoshi

Smash Journeyman
Well... In my opinion... It's going to be a mixed bag but the memes will be legendary, especially if my theory about a double is true and they just say "**** it" and reveal 6's pack too.
Wait so, it's gonna be a 'great day', or a 'mixed bag' day? I'm a little lost. ^^; Or do you mean mixed bag cuz of potentially the character, but a great day cuz we still got our shot (and if we see fighter 6).

zferolie

Smash Hero
So you still going with Dragonborn, or someone else now?

Ray102396

Smash Apprentice
Well, didn't end up getting any sleep last night, but at this point it's already late enough where I might as well just stay up until the presentation, and who the character is will determine what I do after. Someone I like? Stay up and play them (assuming they're released right away like Terry was.) Someone I'm not a fan of? Sleep, then play them later.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
well dang it I woke up earlier than I wanted to. No biggy, only a hour left.

I just saw Verge's list and I personally don't believe it. If it's real though, that significantly boosts the chances of Travis and Master Chief. Especially Travis as he would fit with the theme of underwhelming final characters (Not trash talking Travis though, I would be hyped for him, even if he's not even in my top 10 most wanted).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Vergeben I apperciate all that he's given in terms of news. But oye that's quite a list.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So you still going with Dragonborn, or someone else now?
Nope. Predictions haven't changed since early December.

Wait so, it's gonna be a 'great day', or a 'mixed bag' day? I'm a little lost. ^^; Or do you mean mixed bag cuz of potentially the character, but a great day cuz we still got our shot (and if we see fighter 6).
I say "mixed bag" because I don't know how everyone will react to everything but the memes will still be great. If my theories are right, there's going to be a lot of controversial things but it'll still be cool as Hell, in my opinion. Of course, as you all know, I've never been super hard invested in 5 regardless of their identity so that's just been my take since early September when I more less conceded that Geno wasn't going to be in the Fighter's Pass.

Nopote

Smash Apprentice

I say "mixed bag" because I don't know how everyone will react to everything but the memes will still be great. If my theories are right, there's going to be a lot of controversial things but it'll still be cool as Hell, in my opinion. Of course, as you all know, I've never been super hard invested in 5 regardless of their identity so that's just been my take since early September when I more less conceded that Geno wasn't going to be in the Fighter's Pass.
Ah, thanks for clarifying, then.

zferolie

Smash Hero

Huh, thought you were a dragonborn pusher. My bad.

I know you don't think indies are happening, but I am set on my feeling of Shantae with Bonus Geno. if its not them, fine whatever, I'll be happy with whoever we get. Still this is how I'm feeling atm.

I_DON'T_KNOW_YOU!

Smash Journeyman

What were your predictions again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom